I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist ...

8053651504_a93ff6f4cf.jpg

:lol:
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    81 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i just want to be on the record...just because you start said thread....does not mean it will happen. :lol:

fuck me....that was a long ass drive....

we shall see next year...

already looked at a map....to drive to all three shows and back, you are talking 3 weeks :fp:
    Better check that map again man! I'd hate to see you guys hit a dead end after a week of driving :lol:....
    The Pan-American highway ends at the Darien Gap (Panama/Colombia)....one of the most dangerous places in the world. You can't get to South America by land...at least not without hiking/boating 150 miles thru a rainforest filled with guerilla groups and drug smugglers.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

already looked at a map....to drive to all three shows and back, you are talking 3 weeks :fp:
    Better check that map again man! I'd hate to see you guys hit a dead end after a week of driving :lol:....
    The Pan-American highway ends at the Darien Gap (Panama/Colombia)....one of the most dangerous places in the world. You can't get to South America by land...at least not without hiking/boating 150 miles thru a rainforest filled with guerilla groups and drug smugglers.[/quote]

:fp:

i google mapped it, and it wouldn't get me a route....gotta be a road someplace not on the map...

but yeah, i honestly have no desire to drive thru some of those countries. i'll wait for the North American list and trip for a week on that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

The Pan-American highway ends at the Darien Gap (Panama/Colombia)....one of the most dangerous places in the world. You can't get to South America by land...at least not without hiking/boating 150 miles thru a rainforest filled with guerilla groups and drug smugglers.

:fp:

i google mapped it, and it wouldn't get me a route....gotta be a road someplace not on the map...

but yeah, i honestly have no desire to drive thru some of those countries. i'll wait for the North American list and trip for a week on that.
    There's no way thru...I looked into going to Colombia when I was in Panama....was surprised, but it is literally nothing but dense jungle between east Panama and west Colombia. I've seen a couple of documentaries about people trying to cross the Gap, and all of them run into some kind of trouble along the way... Either way, you're right - even if there was a road....you wouldn't want to drive it! West coast shows next tour for me...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    There's no way thru...I looked into going to Colombia when I was in Panama....was surprised, but it is literally nothing but dense jungle between east Panama and west Colombia. I've seen a couple of documentaries about people trying to cross the Gap, and all of them run into some kind of trouble along the way... Either way, you're right - even if there was a road....you wouldn't want to drive it! West coast shows next tour for me...

just pulled up the map....and you are right...nothing there. maybe on a off road motorcycle it could be done. never looked before...but i'm suprised there isn't a single road on the map.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    81 wrote:

just pulled up the map....and you are right...nothing there. maybe on a off road motorcycle it could be done. never looked before...but i'm suprised there isn't a single road on the map.
    Damn. I was looking forward to seeing you tell your story on Locked Up Abroad. :corn:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I like to think of myself as adventurous and willing to go places a lot of people aren't....but after reading some travel guides and watching those docs....no way in hell I'd venture into the Darien. Pretty much every travel guide you look up basically says 'you will need local guides, an armed security contingent, lots of fresh water and food, bribe money, a humvee or dirt bikes, and a boat....and once you get all that together...change your mind' :lol:

This guy tried to cross, mostly by boat....he kinda made it. Not directly thru by land, but he got to Colombia anyway. Did get kidnapped at one point, if I remember correctly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yMuFme9x5Y
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    kw18 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist ...

8053651504_a93ff6f4cf.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol: Such a good pic, perfect for a caption contest :lol::lol::lol:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    edited October 2012
    HOLY HELL!!

Well, finally not sick. Literlly been in bed for days with no care of communicating with the outside world. Just wanted to say I had an absolute blast on the trip. Would do it again tomorrow! To sound corny I met so many AWESOME people and I'm scared to list them all because if I forgot someone I'd feel like a big douche. (Except Unlost, BEST HUGGER EVER) I don't even think I could summarize this trip. Everybody knows by now the good, bad and ugly of what happened. And it looks like I've got pages and pages of catching up to do. Once I figure out to upload my pics on here :fp: I'll get mine up. Becky, thanks for always looking out for me, Kw, you need to learn an inside voice :lol: and 81.... there are no words to describe our bond now. :? To all of my friends I met and you know who you and are the pre-party of all pre-parties will be at my house when you all visit Alpine next year!! I'm already thinking of a shuttle service to get us there and back. What an amazing trip with some amazing people!!
    Post edited by I'm a Truck on
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I like to think of myself as adventurous and willing to go places a lot of people aren't....but after reading some travel guides and watching those docs....no way in hell I'd venture into the Darien. Pretty much every travel guide you look up basically says 'you will need local guides, an armed security contingent, lots of fresh water and food, bribe money, a humvee or dirt bikes, and a boat....and once you get all that together...change your mind' :lol:

This guy tried to cross, mostly by boat....he kinda made it. Not directly thru by land, but he got to Colombia anyway. Did get kidnapped at one point, if I remember correctly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yMuFme9x5Y

This is a good book that may help make up your mind on the subject:

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Fever-Tim-Cahill/dp/0394758374

Lot's of AK-47's pointed their way in certain countries
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    sooo for me

gas at 148
    cabin at 100 ish
    dinner at 47
    ticket at 60

i'd have to dig thru all my reciepts, but pretty sure i stayed under 500 for the entire trip. not to bad

I remember someone telling me, "you're gonna blow my $400 budget" :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    sooo for me

gas at 148
    cabin at 100 ish
    dinner at 47
    ticket at 60

i'd have to dig thru all my reciepts, but pretty sure i stayed under 500 for the entire trip. not to bad

I remember someone telling me, "you're gonna blow my $400 budget" :|

:shh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

#flipcup
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

#flipcup

Bring it back :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

#flipcup

Bring it back :lol:

this?

tumblr_m9zldsr7rn1qefm89o1_250.gif

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

this?

There we go :lol:
  • Options
    So thats what you guys were talking about!!! :lol: :fp: Oh shit yeah I would have thrown down $10 for that!!
  • Options
    So thats what you guys were talking about!!! :lol: :fp: Oh shit yeah I would have thrown down $10 for that!!

Shit

That's too much
  • Options
    So thats what you guys were talking about!!! :lol: :fp: Oh shit yeah I would have thrown down $100 for that!!

damn...too bad you didn't know!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

this?

Oh my gawd, so this is what 81 was trying to get the ladies to do! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I don't need drugs to make my life tragic~E.V.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    So thats what you guys were talking about!!! :lol: :fp: Oh shit yeah I would have thrown down $100 for that!!

damn...too bad you didn't know!
    1/4 of my $400 budget?

:lol::lol::lol:

well..... at least I would have had a story to tell the grand-kids someday.
  • Options

Oh my gawd, so this is what 81 was trying to get the ladies to do! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

now you know why I said if he got you, unlost, afro, STB and CBG to do it I would!

In 81's defense, he did throw down a benjamin for like 10 seconds.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    now you know why I said if he got you, unlost, afro, STB and CBG to do it I would!

that list keeps growing.... :fp: and you forgot PJ soul :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that list keeps growing.... :fp: and you forgot PJ soul :lol:

shit, you're right! totally forgot about PJ_Soul...I wonder if we had all did that, if Ed would have made some sort of flip cup comment. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HOLY HELL!!

Well, finally not sick. Literlly been in bed for days with no care of communicating with the outside world.

Oh god. :oops: :oops: If that is possibly my fault, I'm so sorry. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

this?

If someone had told me that's all it was, I totally would have been in!! Once PJ_Rocks started trying to figure which way to stick it up his ass, I thought the game probably exceeded my skills. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.