What freaks you out?

Comments

• DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Bats i fucking hate those damn things i have no idea why either. Damn rabbies, disease things i hate them.

But i love Batman go figure.
    My butt itches!
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    There was a little red spider on my desk today. Brrr.

And I HATE snakes.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Bugs - particularly large hornets and scorpions - I don't know anyone who likes these.

The idea of waking up during surgery but you can't tell them that you are awake because they give you stuff to paralyze you.

"locked in" syndrome. Where you are awake in your body and no one knows, and thinks you are in a coma because you can't move anything.

That's about it.

Oh. And Portobello mushrooms. They are big and creepy and nasty. Can't even look at them in the store.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    The way DS1119 played his very last hand of computer poker!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    genitals :? :shock:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210

hehehehe...well that would make some interesting moments during certain pleasurable activities...dont blame you but, the male genitalia is really pretty disgusting

Anyway, I just got back from spearfishing with my son where I came face to face...about a metre away from a dirty big shark...I have never been so freaking freaked out in all my life...and I know that because I just saw the whole thing flash before me... :o:o:o:o:o
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    bindy123 wrote:

hehehehe...well that would make some interesting moments during certain pleasurable activities...dont blame you but, the male genitalia is really pretty disgusting

Anyway, I just got back from spearfishing with my son where I came face to face...about a metre away from a dirty big shark...I have never been so freaking freaked out in all my life...and I know that because I just saw the whole thing flash before me... :o:o:o:o:o
    Fortunately I am less freaked out by male genitalia than women's. I just try not to think about it :?

Mice and serial killers freak me out too :shock:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Definatly spiders. even if a tiny one crawls along the living room floor- I'm convinced its coming to get me.

and i don't know if this counts, but the thought of something really bad or worse happening to my kids freaks me out. i've seen sometimes when the wife is away in the car with the kids and they're late getting home, i find myself watching the clock repeatedly and start thinking what if they've been in an accedent or something, and start to freak out.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • lephty wrote:
    animal noises at night
    pics of Neurocysticercosis
    movies with kids like The Ring or The Grudge
    Yes, I totally agree with you about the creepy kids in movies! I hate it was they move all jerky... Gothika is another one that makes my skin crawl! It is totally freaky!
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • afroannnie wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    The feeling that someone or something is looking at you when there is nobody around.

i hate that feeling.

john lithgow. especially the idea of john lithgow standing naked behind me in my bathroom.
    Someone has been watching Dexter :)
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    afroannnie wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    The feeling that someone or something is looking at you when there is nobody around.

i hate that feeling.

john lithgow. especially the idea of john lithgow standing naked behind me in my bathroom.
    Someone has been watching Dexter :)

:thumbup: He creeped me out before that....but when I saw that scene it took the creepiness to a whole other level :shock:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Needles.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Flying...airplanes..def can NOT fly
    Snakes
    Spiders (I can't go to be without turning the light on and examining the ceiling)
    Fire - not all fire..i love a bonfire, campfire, candle etc..but VERY paranoid of a house fire..never been in a fire so not sure where it comes from, but its the thing i worry about most
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    spiders
    when somebody stares at me-just stares, for no apparent reason
    people who are negative ALL the time, who never have anything positive to say, and who think that nobody else's life is as bad as theirs and can't see anything past the miniscule circle that is their 'life' (my boss). I call it the 'woe is me, jackass syndrome'. They get what they put out; funny they don't see that.

HAIR. In my bed, on the floor, in clogs in drains or anything like that. GROSS.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Staircases without bannisters... Especially ones without bannisters on the interior and you can look down :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • drinkbigredinsteaddrinkbigredinstead Posts: 2,240
    edited May 2012
    Anyone here a veteran or contact worker that has first hand experience with Camel Spiders.

I've read alot about them and not sure what is true or not, all I know is I wouldn't sleep a wink with those guys crawling around!

Also scorpions....I live in the South Texas hill country and can't tell you how many times a scorpion has chased me across the laundry room or even worse that tell tale sound of a a 'thump' at night when they fall from the ceiling... :shock: and then comes the all night hunt for the sucker and it's companion because they travel in pairs....
    Post edited by drinkbigredinstead on
  • Staircases without bannisters... Especially ones without bannisters on the interior and you can look down :shock:

Can you look over cliffs? For example the Grand Canyon or the The Cliffs of Moher? Can you walk to the edge and look over?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Staircases without bannisters... Especially ones without bannisters on the interior and you can look down :shock:

Can you look over cliffs? For example the Grand Canyon or the The Cliffs of Moher? Can you walk to the edge and look over?
    No...
    But I have bungee jumped and sly dived :wtf:... Yes my eyes were closed at the jump...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019

No...
    But I have bungee jumped and sly dived :wtf:... Yes my eyes were closed at the jump...
    The staircase thing is a good one. For me, if I look down over anything like that, I get this weird feeling in my stomach like I want to jump. :? I can't explain that.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

oh god no! not me. i stay WAY back when all of my friends are dangling their feet over the edge and oo-ing and ahh-ing at the view...i'm scared stiff! and not just for me, but for them too.

how about you?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHere wrote:

oh god no! not me. i stay WAY back when all of my friends are dangling their feet over the edge and oo-ing and ahh-ing at the view...i'm scared stiff! and not just for me, but for them too.

how about you?

No problems with high places....as long as it's not a plane.

Did the rides on top of the Stratosphere In Vegas, the older ones where you go up and then it drops you and the roller coaster that rode around the edge...and waived to the people on the helicopter tour waching us. There were many people who clearly terrified but didn't want to chicken out.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    walking through a spider web!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lizard wrote:

its what makes everyone a ninja. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Lizard wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjwoOCdBXA
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    people i care and love ,be unhappy,or sick,or have problems in general
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • drinkbigredinsteaddrinkbigredinstead Posts: 2,240
    edited May 2012

awwww... Dimi you are on my 'to meet' list next time in Alpine ;)
    Post edited by drinkbigredinstead on
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Glass bricks - can't walk over them when they are part of the flooring in a mall. And needles. And Criminal Minds -that show completely freaks me out! I'm home by myself overnight every night and I have lots of fields around me. AND this thread is starting to freak me out - makes my mind think of who/what could be coming thru those fields in the darkness....thanks guys!! ;)
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Lizard wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjwoOCdBXA
    :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

awwww... Dimi you are on my 'to meet' list next time in Alpine ;)
    sure,will be happy we catch up.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    People with animal faces and animals with people faces
    Horses
    Windows in houses with no blinds or curtains
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”