Options

Vancouver Setlist

124»

Comments

• Options
    I agree -- Last Kiss isn't one of my favourites. The band seems to like it. Why was Last Kiss on the greatest hits but Crazy Mary wasn't -- I know that their both re makes. Hope this ain't a dumb question.
    "You're always saying that there's something wrong,...."

Saturday June 28th 2003 Toronto, ON
    Monday September 12th 2005 London, ON
    Tuesday September 13th 2005 Hamilton, ON
    Monday September 19th 2005 Toronto, ON
    Tuesday May 9th 2006 Toronto, ON
    Wednesday May 10th 2006 Toronto, ON
  • Options
    I could guess that Last Kiss was on the greatest hits album because it was thier best selling single... band prolly likes it cause they raised so much money for Kosovo with it... but those are just guesses...
    Shows
    10/31/93 Berkeley 10/01/94 Bridge 06/24/95 S.F.
    11/04/95 San Jose 10/19/96 Bridge
    07/16/98 Sacramento 07/21/98 Seattle
    10/31/00 Mountain View 08/04/01 Ralph Nader Rally
    10/21/01 Bridge 12/08,09/02 Seattle
    06/01/03 Mountain View 09/01/05 THE GORGE
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    i think its a top set... and i think 1/2 full is unreal. the guitar work is some of best of mikes work in my view. having immortality and nothingman... oh dear i think that is just about as cool as anything. having go then animal - freakin awesome as is hearing footsteps.

yes i wish i was at this concert

don't get me wrong, I wish that, too...I'm not complaining nor throwing crap at PJ, this is a unique band, especially when it comes to live shows...I'm just commenting on what the setlist looks like on a cold PC screen...obviously when you witness a concert it's a totally different thing...
    and I just don't particularly like 1/2 Full, a song they play regularly, that's all...
    :)
    so here I go
    I'm finally on my way
    once I said goodbye
    that was my last wave
    here I am on the
    on the open road
    I've never felt better
    than when I am alone
    (thank you dear L.!!!)
  • Options
    all I gotta say is PJ played in Toronto during SARS -- Eddie said "the band would cross the border for us any time". To me that's way bigger than any set list etc.... SARS was blown way out of proportion -- PJ were educated enough to realizea that it affected only a tiny portion of the population (0.0001%). While pussies like Britney Spears and others cancelled show afer show, PJ kept rolling. Thanks PJ -- just wanted something postive to say about the band.

Toronto June 28 2003

soon to be.....
    London Sept 12 2005
    Hamilton Sept 13 2005
    Ottawa Sept 16 2005
    Toronto Sept 19 2005
    "You're always saying that there's something wrong,...."

Saturday June 28th 2003 Toronto, ON
    Monday September 12th 2005 London, ON
    Tuesday September 13th 2005 Hamilton, ON
    Monday September 19th 2005 Toronto, ON
    Tuesday May 9th 2006 Toronto, ON
    Wednesday May 10th 2006 Toronto, ON
  • Options
    all I gotta say is PJ played in Toronto during SARS -- Eddie said "the band would cross the border for us any time". To me that's way bigger than any set list etc.... SARS was blown way out of proportion -- PJ were educated enough to realizea that it affected only a tiny portion of the population (0.0001%). While pussies like Britney Spears and others cancelled show afer show, PJ kept rolling. Thanks PJ -- just wanted something postive to say about the band.

Toronto June 28 2003

soon to be.....
    London Sept 12 2005
    Hamilton Sept 13 2005
    Ottawa Sept 16 2005
    Toronto Sept 19 2005

that's just fine, PJ are not a common band...I understand that it meant a lot for you people of Toronto...and I LOVE Toronto so much and have friends there, so I was emotionally affected by the SARS fear as much as you guys...I remember that show at Molson Amphitheatre back in 2003, just a few days after the Concert for Toronto at the ex-Skydome and Air Canada Centre with the Hip, OLP, Barenaked Ladies ecc...I know PJ holds a special place in their hearts for Canada, so I'm sure Vancouver show was a blowout there...
    so here I go
    I'm finally on my way
    once I said goodbye
    that was my last wave
    here I am on the
    on the open road
    I've never felt better
    than when I am alone
    (thank you dear L.!!!)
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    don't get me wrong, I wish that, too...I'm not complaining nor throwing crap at PJ, this is a unique band, especially when it comes to live shows...I'm just commenting on what the setlist looks like on a cold PC screen...obviously when you witness a concert it's a totally different thing...
    and I just don't particularly like 1/2 Full, a song they play regularly, that's all...

yeh, i know what u mean, but i actually get excited when there are classics in there and in the same set. sets that are plain are sets kinda like the ones i got in australia... these ones this tour i think are awesome :)
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    yeh, i know what u mean, but i actually get excited when there are classics in there and in the same set. sets that are plain are sets kinda like the ones i got in australia... these ones this tour i think are awesome :)

but you live in Australia, and that's enough to be happy for a lifetime :D
    that's fine, it's just taste, as always...
    I like these awesome songs, but I prefer sets in which you find songs such as In My Tree, Tremor Chirst, Faithful, Low Light, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways, I Got Shit, In Hiding, Present Tense, Garden, Breakerfall, Habit, Thin Air, Sleight of Hand, Thumbing My Way, not even to mention all the other songs they never play...and I love rarities, and cover songs as well...
    so here I go
    I'm finally on my way
    once I said goodbye
    that was my last wave
    here I am on the
    on the open road
    I've never felt better
    than when I am alone
    (thank you dear L.!!!)
  • Options
    mr_perfect wrote:
    damn just got back and what a show. Definitely the best Vancouver show I have seen with the band. show almost went 2.5 hours...started at 9pm and went to 1120...

Vancouver show was unreal! The crowd was insane and so loud. I was at the Gorge and so were a few others around me and we all agreed Vancouver was much better. Yes, the Gorge had a lot of rarites but the band was not "ON" at the Gorge. Eddie fucked up numerous times which ruined it after a while and all the ppl filming the show at the Gorge finally stopped recording later in the show b/c they realized it wasn't going to make a DVD. The Tom Petty chant at the Gorge got a little redundant after 10 times also. The band was much tighter and intense in Vancouver. I have never seen the band so intense as they were for the first 7 songs or so. They looked possessed. Probably one of my top 5 PJ shows out of 42 now. Oh, and Eddie has a new tattoo on his right forearm (unless it is a fake tattoo) of an anchor. Nicholas Cage was side stage and I think Wolfgang is his soon to be baby boy.
  • Options
    GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    saw pj in vancouver in 2003 and the crowd was unreal. Amazing crowds in vancouver. Well im off to the calgary show cya
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    oh my gawd, this is like my dream setlist just about :D
    wah
  • Options
    Bee Girl's been played the same number of times in the last four days as it was in nearly twelve years. I think that's a pretty cool thing.
    It's evolution, baby!
  • Options
    PLEASE PLAY U IN MONTREAL OR OTTAWA!!! I've wanted to hear that song live ever since it was released. This tour is going to be so great!!
    "I will feel alive as long as I am free" - e.v.
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    but you live in Australia, and that's enough to be happy for a lifetime :D
    that's fine, it's just taste, as always...
    I like these awesome songs, but I prefer sets in which you find songs such as In My Tree, Tremor Chirst, Faithful, Low Light, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways, I Got Shit, In Hiding, Present Tense, Garden, Breakerfall, Habit, Thin Air, Sleight of Hand, Thumbing My Way, not even to mention all the other songs they never play...and I love rarities, and cover songs as well...

yeh but i guess thats cause ur lucky and prob get to go to a lot of gigs lol

no but i too love the rare songs, the covers n such.
  • Options
    RiotAct wrote:
    Vancouver show was unreal! The crowd was insane and so loud. I was at the Gorge and so were a few others around me and we all agreed Vancouver was much better. Yes, the Gorge had a lot of rarites but the band was not "ON" at the Gorge. Eddie fucked up numerous times which ruined it after a while and all the ppl filming the show at the Gorge finally stopped recording later in the show b/c they realized it wasn't going to make a DVD. The Tom Petty chant at the Gorge got a little redundant after 10 times also. The band was much tighter and intense in Vancouver. I have never seen the band so intense as they were for the first 7 songs or so. They looked possessed. Probably one of my top 5 PJ shows out of 42 now. Oh, and Eddie has a new tattoo on his right forearm (unless it is a fake tattoo) of an anchor. Nicholas Cage was side stage and I think Wolfgang is his soon to be baby boy.

Nic Cage was at the Vancouver PJ show??
    Visit my Blog : Understanding Eli
    http://eliharris.blogspot.com

>>St. John's, Newfoundland, 09/24/05 & 09/25/05<<
  • Options
    PJ has officially screwed themselves. They have now set their own bar far too high. Some of you people now think a concert sucks if there are NOT 3 songs played that have never been played before
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    You can't expect an awesome set list every night, but as the one guy who's been to 42 shows said above, they were "ON" and they rocked. That matters to me most.

Maybe they're just saving the rarities for Ontario :)
  • Options
    I estimate there will be approx 80% first timers at the canadian shows. Don't think they'll have much of a problem with these setlists. This tour is all about reaching the masses who haven't had the chance to see PJ before.
    I am fuel, you are friends, we got the means to make amends

Montreal 06/03
    Calgary 09/05
    Edmonton 09/05
  • Options
    vedder_man wrote:
    I estimate there will be approx 80% first timers at the canadian shows. Don't think they'll have much of a problem with these setlists. This tour is all about reaching the masses who haven't had the chance to see PJ before.

Probably not true for Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto. The crowd was unreal and although my only complaint was that the setlist looked a lot like the one that they played in 03, they were "ON!" Eddie looked and sounded years younger, the band was full of energy and I think the guys seemed to be having more fun then they had in a long time. I know it may sound lame on paper but it was a highlight show and would make an amazing DVD
  • Options
    vedderwood wrote:
    I feel like that's what happened with Hershey, PA 2003....the night before was Mansfield where they played 45 songs, so I was totally hoping for a "Mansfield the second" at Hershey, but that didn't quite happen!

You know, I was there and kinda felt the same thing. I remember Ed even apologizing for being a little hoarse due to them doing the Boston marathon thing. The show seemed shorter than normal that night, but none the less the full moon, Ed's hilarious banter with the crowd, and the fact that it was my last show of the '03 tour made it a memorable night.

To all detractors: 1) Looked like a good set to me... 2) Let me know where you work and I'll be sure to watch you all day long, and if you don't work as hard or as long one particular day, I'll be sure to rip you a new one as a result... would you like that?
  • Options
    Updated (Wishlist, Grievance and Immortality)

Supersuckers set: Ed came out to sing on an unknown song.

Song was Poor Girl off of the Free the West Memphis Three CD.
    Ed was wearing his silver suit & a mexican wrestling mask. :D
    Ed, he's such a character.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    FlameHead wrote:
    Nic Cage was at the Vancouver PJ show??

Yes, he was. Sitting side stage on Mike's side.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    You can't expect an awesome set list every night, but as the one guy who's been to 42 shows said above, they were "ON" and they rocked. That matters to me most.

Maybe they're just saving the rarities for Ontario :)

I loved the setlist in Vancouver. The first set didn't have anything "rare" but I think when they play rare songs every night they aren't rare anymore. It's nice when they save them for a few special shows like the Gorge....which wasn't that special and great of a show imo...compared to Vancouver. A few reasons I feel that way are b/c my seats "sucked". I was in the 9th row WAY to the side 30 feet past Stone in front of the right speakers. I hate being on the side and shows are not as fun as being more in the middle where I was 3rd row right in front of Jeff in Vancouver. Eddie fucked up way too at the Gorge for it to be a good show and Eddie over-killed the Tom Petty banter at the Gorge. The setlist at the Gorge did not seem to have a good flow to it like it did in Vancouver. Rare songs are cool but half the crowd doesn't know the songs that well and kills the energy somewhat. The Vancouver show had a great flow to it and was one of the best shows I have seen. They played lots of songs I wanted to hear including...Nothingman, Black, Bee Girl, Immortality, Footsteps.
  • Options
    I agree -- Last Kiss isn't one of my favourites. The band seems to like it. Why was Last Kiss on the greatest hits but Crazy Mary wasn't -- I know that their both re makes. Hope this ain't a dumb question.

I wonder that about Crazy Mary myself. Had my fingers crossed on seeing it live last night but what a great show anyway! I am reading some reviews on here that says it was one of their best, and it sure felt electric last night (and I was even in the balcony with a bunch of people who looked like they thought they were in church and wouldn't stand up!).
    C'est temps! Au revoir!
  • Options
    what can I say...much ado about nothing...
    I was just commenting on what it looked like form here, I am a little tired of most of Ten and Vs. songs, just my opinion...then people in Vancouver said PJ rocked out more than ever...just fine, that's what matters the most, end of story...I don't understand why some of you took it so seriously...

(P.S. I actually saw PJ just once, I live in Europe :D)
    so here I go
    I'm finally on my way
    once I said goodbye
    that was my last wave
    here I am on the
    on the open road
    I've never felt better
    than when I am alone
    (thank you dear L.!!!)
  • Options
    Um, good Lord. That's an awesome setlist ... They played nine songs that had yet to be played this tour. Sure, no Lost Dogs rarities, but there's how many shows left to go?
    I getting getting ready for Calgary tonight ... I think I'll head over there super-early and see if I can catch a soundcheck. Hopefully I won't get arrested for loitering or anything. :)
  • Options
    Vancouver 07 anyone?

great energy in Vancouver last year. One of the best shows i've ever been to.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying