Options

PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    From Timmy:
    Pic taken from VIP rail..Everyone in front is GA. It's worth it more so for the amenities and bathrooms, lol..
    258tg75.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone see tickets being sold there?

Yup, there were tons of scalpers outside when I got in after Maybach Music so probably 4 o'clock'ish. Probably not expensive at all knowing scalpers the day of.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    thanks for all the info!!
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    So is the VIP viewing area cose to the stae? Not sure if I should go there or right to the main stage. Will be there early and hope to meet up with some peeps.

If you wanna ride the rail and get picks from mike or what not than you don't want VIP section.. If you wanna enjoy the music and dance your ass off without having to worry about bumping in to people then VIP is the way... By all accounts early yesterday it was EASY to walk right up to the rail, I was there for Gary Clark jr and it fkn rocked, same for the liberty stage..You can get right up there. VIP is a great view and garunteed. Last night if you weren't set on the rail about an hour before Jayz, then you didn't have a prayer. Honestly, VIP was probably equal to 20-30th row of the garden floor.

Thank you very much for the info, I wish I bought VIP but didn't have funds at the time. And you know the PJ diehards will be at the rail when the gates open, they are tough. But I will just be happy to be there as I always am with this fantastic band and their great great fans!
  • Options
    so is the Rocky Statute near the Rocky Stage???
  • Options
    If interested in goings on of festival, philly.com is having periodic live updates
    http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20120902_MIA_returns_with_Pearl_Jam_as_the_headliner.html
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Did anyone have trouble getting in with Print at Home tickets?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    dl152203 wrote:
    Released1980, thanks for posting all this information about the VIP area. Great stuff. Now I know what to expect. Enjoy today.

seconded - thx released1980!!!! that was exactly what i needed to know - now we just have to figure out how to get tix as they fell off stubhub!!! anyone looking to offload extras?
  • Options
    From Timmy:
    Pic taken from VIP rail..Everyone in front is GA. It's worth it more so for the amenities and bathrooms, lol..
    258tg75.jpg

great thx and agree - not gonna get me as close as i would want to be for the money....thx!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    I'm predicting "Wash" as an opener thanks to PJ bringing "Settle" weather with them to Philly!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm predicting "Wash" as an opener thanks to PJ bringing "Settle" weather with them to Philly!

:lol:

Hard To Imagine to open is my guess....

have fun, everyone!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    You guys are crazy... they are opening with, Why Go...
  • Options
    FYI major traffic on 76 east right at exit 341 for the Mann Center...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Raise your hand if u in the v.i.p. tent...
  • Options
    On Septa bus now... $2 cash accepted... Buses leave when there's enough people to depart... Parking is free, this is definitely the way to go!!!
    i like sound...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    On the mid rail about 25 people off the stage. Could have got closer but wanted to park my towel on this slighty elevated platfrom. Santigold on now.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    On the mid rail about 25 people off the stage. Could have got closer but wanted to park my towel on this slighty elevated platfrom. Santigold on now.

Nice!!! Have a blast, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Never heard of Santigold before this. I was lucky. How did this group get on the main stage?
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    bjmjpl wrote:
    dl152203 wrote:
    Released1980, thanks for posting all this information about the VIP area. Great stuff. Now I know what to expect. Enjoy today.

seconded - thx released1980!!!! that was exactly what i needed to know - now we just have to figure out how to get tix as they fell off stubhub!!! anyone looking to offload extras?

got my tickets on line last night @ midnight, no problem, ticketmaster
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

I'm torn between Why Go and Wash. I think it'll definitely be one of them, although I'm hoping for Oceans (or Long Road or Sometimes).
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    bjmjpl wrote:
    dl152203 wrote:

got my tickets on line last night @ midnight, no problem, ticketmaster

thx yeah we see them on tm....so maybe there is a box office there? sounds like we could just go grab some though i think thats what we plan on doing!
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Tangerine wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

I'm torn between Why Go and Wash. I think it'll definitely be one of them, although I'm hoping for Oceans (or Long Road or Sometimes).

:) I just cant see a slow opener... but maybe!
  • Options
    Wow! i didn't have to login back in. Just saw a clip of a film of a Bud guy who bottles in Houston, who used to bottle in St Louis. Anyway, he was looking most forward to seeing Pearl Jam!!!

Sad about Bud. Not is it not owned by St Louis, it's not even bottled there! Yeah, mega corps. :-(

Have fun watching PJ, cause i cant :-P Just did see the Hives on LiveSteam. Fanastatic Band! Now I know why they were on PJ20. They would be a good pairing for doubling heading PJ.
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Tangerine wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

:) I just cant see a slow opener... but maybe!

I know, i know...these damn festival shows always get the fast openers which IMO aren't nearly as good as the slow ones. They could surprise us though ;)
  • Options
    So back the most important question of the day, how are the beer lines and can you walk around freely with your beverage of choice? Apparently the city doesn't have an issue with open containers, I've seen several people walking around outside the fest with beers, but I'm more concerned about once we get in there.

Oh, and is wine available or is it just beer?
  • Options
    Just made it after a hell of a time getting here from Richmond. Fun traffic and I got lost. I'm 30 yards from the stage, to Stone's side in a blue Florida orange "F" hat. Let the games begin!
  • Options
    MH178831 wrote:
    Just made it after a hell of a time getting here from Richmond. Fun traffic and I got lost. I'm 30 yards from the stage, to Stone's side in a blue Florida orange "F" hat. Let the games begin!

Great, save me a spot! Michigan Hat Sao Paulo soccer jersey.
    . . . the in between is mine.
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Santigold ----> dancing guy on youtube. Wonder if he is at MIA.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    MH178831 wrote:

Great, save me a spot! Michigan Hat Sao Paulo soccer jersey.

Consider it done, I can't save ya a path though!
  • Options
    Pretty sure drake is lip singing. Welcome home PJ.
    . . . the in between is mine.
This discussion has been closed.