Options

PEARL JAM TO PLAY MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    heusen wrote:
    No one has posted about the webcast?

http://www.youtube.com/madeinamericafest

Anyone watching now? Jay Z is doing a good show.

And Kanye's there too!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Jay Z was off at 11 exactly. Not to mention he was off the stage for almost 30 mins. Gotta love performing only an hour of your hour and a half slot.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    i want the kung fu vs bear shirt, NICE!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    demetrios wrote:
    SWEET! Photos taken by "i got id"

Ud56Y.jpg?1

This is a good looking poster.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Jay-Z's stage setup and light rig was amazing. It'll be interesting to see if PJ tries to use it or goes with the same old boring logo backdrop.
  • Options
    I'm rolling in solo tomorrow as well. Id be down to have a beer and meet some fellow PJ fans.
  • Options
    Just PM me if ya like
  • Options
    looking forward to tomorrow. hopefully a release opener.
    7/5/03 - Camden N1
    6/19/08 - Camden N1
    9/2/12 - Philly

Philadelphia! We're all still Alive!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    I left about halfway thru jay-z's performance. My head was pounding from the music and lack of food. :roll: I caught about 15 mins. of skrillex and that is when m head really started to hurt. Passion Pit and Miike Snow were enjoyable though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Few things to mention there is no VIP area for the festibval. I was up kinda close for Passiojn Pit and Miike Snow. I would recommend driving down if you can. Plenty of parking for reasonable prices near the festival. Also bring food with you. They didn't really search/pat anyone down and I heard they didn't search some people's bags :roll: Restroomms and beer/food tents up front were way too packed. I stood in line for about half an hour than gave up. They ran out of fucking pretzels! not one stand had them :x So i didn't buy any food or drinks there.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Wow, MIA is a total bootyfest. All I saw all day everywhere were girls in bikini tops and those shorts that have the asscheeks hanging out the bottom. Feel like I'm at a college rave

HAHA. Don't worry. One classy PJ female fan aka me will be attending. I'll probably be bored until they're on so hopefully I meet some of you guys out there so we can talk dream setlists.
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by Mr Derp on
  • Options
    I saw a group of girls with a bag of wine...Slap the bag!!!

Clearly not much patting down haha.

But I thought the way it was ran and set up was by far the best of any festival I have been to. You can hear both stages if you are in the middle and timed extremely well. While most of the acts were ehh...the management was first class. Look forward to tomorrow :corn:

O and the posters are awesommee
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    It's official. The YouTube video MIA lineup is up.
    http://www.youtube.com/madeinamericafest

Surprisingly X is at 9pm. To close the MIA webcast.
    Ed will probably make a guest appearance with X right?

:)
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    Few things to mention there is no VIP area for the festibval. I was up kinda close for Passiojn Pit and Miike Snow. I would recommend driving down if you can. Plenty of parking for reasonable prices near the festival. Also bring food with you. They didn't really search/pat anyone down and I heard they didn't search some people's bags :roll: Restroomms and beer/food tents up front were way too packed. I stood in line for about half an hour than gave up. They ran out of fucking pretzels! not one stand had them :x So i didn't buy any food or drinks there.

what do you mean no VIP area? did you have VIP tickets???
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    http://www.madeinamericafest.com/schedule.html . X are playing @ 8:15 - 9:00PM on the Liberty Stage. So maybe a member or two from PJ might head over and play a track or 2? *crossing fingers.
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Tangerine wrote:
    Mr Derp wrote:
    Any 10C's meeting up inside the fest? All my friends had prior obligations for this weekend, so I'm flying solo tomorrow. If people are meeting up inside let me know, would love to grab a beer with a couple fellow 10Cers.

I'd like to know too. I've only met one 10C'er in 6+ years. Where's everyone meeting up in the fest?

Hey, y'all. Why don't we pick a spot and time inside? Maybe merch tent behind the Liberty stage? 2 or 3pm? I'm going down early to secure a decent spot at the main stage. It'd be nice to have some people around me so we can actually get up and walk around.

What do you think? I'll pm everyone who wanted to gather inside.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    any recommendations on where exactly to park? Are we talking garages? Parking lots? On the street?
    Is there actually festival parking setup?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    camaros wrote:
    any recommendations on where exactly to park? Are we talking garages? Parking lots? On the street?
    Is there actually festival parking setup?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=194844
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    yippeeee
    only 12 more hours
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    My Dogfish Faithfull Ale is chilling in the fridge right now! Counting the hours till we head over to Philly. May get sloppy if it rains, but I so don't care! What time will everone be at The Public House till???

The Merch looks awsome, thanks for doing the recon for us!
  • Options

what do you mean no VIP area? did you have VIP tickets???

no i didn't have VIP tix. They had fencing up there which at first i thought was for VIP, but there was no one guarding it so i walked in it. Got up kinda close for Passion Pit and Miike Snow. They did have VIP lounges but as far as "seating" goes i don't think so. i was towards the right hand stage and there was literally no security that i saw andywhere near there.

Also if you get there early enough \you might be able to hear Pearl jam sound check. I got there around 10 and heard a few people's sound check.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    There IS a VIP section. GA can go all the way to the rail, VIP enters from behind the statue and its a fenced in area which is pretty laid back as far as yesterday.went. I don't think there were ever more than 50 people inside the VIP section. If you want up close and rail than go ahead, if you want a garunteed spot with room than use your VIP. For me the VIP cost was worth it JUST for the VIP nation tent access. Quick and easy concessions, never more than 5 people on line for the bathroom. There are 2 trailers in the back of VIP nation, one men's one women's. The men's was one toilet, 2 urinals and two sinks...And clean ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Oh, and the VIP section rail is about 50-60 yards from the stage. I could easily carry the big screens with a gap wedge ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    So is the VIP viewing area cose to the stae? Not sure if I should go there or right to the main stage. Will be there early and hope to meet up with some peeps.
  • Options
    would post my pics on here but too big, so here's the link

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 733&type=1
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    So is the VIP viewing area cose to the stae? Not sure if I should go there or right to the main stage. Will be there early and hope to meet up with some peeps.

If you wanna ride the rail and get picks from mike or what not than you don't want VIP section.. If you wanna enjoy the music and dance your ass off without having to worry about bumping in to people then VIP is the way... By all accounts early yesterday it was EASY to walk right up to the rail, I was there for Gary Clark jr and it fkn rocked, same for the liberty stage..You can get right up there. VIP is a great view and garunteed. Last night if you weren't set on the rail about an hour before Jayz, then you didn't have a prayer. Honestly, VIP was probably equal to 20-30th row of the garden floor.

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Released1980, thanks for posting all this information about the VIP area. Great stuff. Now I know what to expect. Enjoy today.
  • Options
    Anyone see tickets being sold there?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Raining now :lol: I heard on and off showers throughout the day :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA