Why Do I Only Listen to PJ Now?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Another way to tell if you are listening mostly to Pearl Jam: ask yourself what is the first song you hear in your head when you get up in the morning. Today it was Crop Duster. :D
    Totally! Mine was I Am Mine (which is one of my favorite PJ songs lately).

I Am Mine.. can't say enough about how great that song is! :D

Got that right Brian :D That whole album is great. Its one of my favs. I must of listened to it about a thousand times. I had a long ride to work when that record came out :D

A underated album. It should get more respect than it does.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    dwhite76 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Got that right Brian :D That whole album is great. Its one of my favs. I must of listened to it about a thousand times. I had a long ride to work when that record came out :D

A underated album. It should get more respect than it does.

Absolutely right, my friend! I'm right behind you at 998 listening! :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Absolutely right, my friend! I'm right behind you at 998 listening! :thumbup:

Thank God for long rides :lol:
  • Options
    Every song on RA is a strong song. I cant find a weak song on the record. I would have to say Cropduster is a masterpiece :D
    On a scale of 1-10 10 being the best heres the way I rank the songs.

Can't Keep 8.5
    Save You 10
    Love Boat Captain 10
    Cropduster 10
    Ghost 8
    I Am Mine 10
    Thumbing My Way 10
    You Are 8
    Get Right 8
    Green Disease 9.5
    Help Help 8
    Bu$hleaguer 7.5
    1/2 Full 8.5
    Arc 9
    All Or None 10
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Every song on RA is a strong song. I cant find a weak song on the record. I would have to say Cropduster is a masterpiece :D

Can't Keep 8.5
    Save You 10
    Love Boat Captain 10
    Cropduster 10
    Ghost 8
    I Am Mine 10
    Thumbing My Way 10
    You Are 8
    Get Right 8
    Green Disease 9.5
    Help Help 8
    Bu$hleaguer 7.5
    1/2 Full 8.5
    Arc 9
    All Or None 10

I agree pretty much with everything here except Green Disease which I give an 11 not because it's a better song but because it's like a defibrillator for my soul on those mornings I need a kick start. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:

Can't Keep 8.5
    Save You 10
    Love Boat Captain 10
    Cropduster 10
    Ghost 8
    I Am Mine 10
    Thumbing My Way 10
    You Are 8
    Get Right 8
    Green Disease 9.5
    Help Help 8
    Bu$hleaguer 7.5
    1/2 Full 8.5
    Arc 9
    All Or None 10

I agree pretty much with everything here except Green Disease which I give an 11 not because it's a better song but because it's like a defibrillator for my soul on those mornings I need a kick start. :lol:

Trust me I know. I dont know why I didnt give it a 10. Probably because its not on my head phones right now. If it was it most likely would get an 11 :D

Green Disease is a lot like Evolution. It gets you going even when your sad.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,469
    Ok,ok. You guys are making me go find my RA CD. I haven't played it in years but I have a feeling I am going to regret that when I hear it again.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Seeing how I'm listening to different bootlegs now, I may need to give RA a listen.

Damn you Hugh! :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    Ok,ok. You guys are making me go find my RA CD. I haven't played it in years but I have a feeling I am going to regret that when I hear it again.

trust Brian and I you wont regret it :D You too Newch91 Go give it a listen. Since you havent listened to it in a while it will be a nice treat :D

Matt starting Cant Keep off with the drum beat and Eds whispering tone of wisdom ( :shock: ) Then it gives you a Kick in the Teeth with Save you. Your hooked after that. 8-)
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    TJ25487 wrote:

trust Brian and I you wont regret it :D You too Newch91 Go give it a listen. Since you havent listened to it in a while it will be a nice treat :D

Matt starting Cant Keep off with the drum beat and Eds whispering tone of wisdom ( :shock: ) Then it gives you a Kick in the Teeth with Save you. Your hooked after that. 8-)
    It was great to hear those drums open up my first show back in 2008 in Hartford.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:
    TJ25487 wrote:

It was great to hear those drums open up my first show back in 2008 in Hartford.

My first show was Hartford 1998 and Mikey opened with Courduroy :D Boy that was a great show. It was so short too. 22 songs :( But they played some great ones. The thing that matters I picked 6 songs I wanted to hear and they played 5 of them. Only one left out Led Better :( The other 5 were Faithful, Tremor Christ,I Got Shit, Evolution ( for the wife :D ),Brain Of J.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Seeing how I'm listening to different bootlegs now, I may need to give RA a listen.

Damn you Hugh! :D

They have only played All or None 10 times and I was lucky enough to see it twice. I wish they would bring it back. It was amazing. I remember both times. It felt like we went to a different universe during the song. Just amazing :D

I just looked it over and I have seen every song from RA live :D
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,684
    i haven't listened to pearl jam in two years. the bristow show in 2010 ruined them for me. well not really, but kind of. first time i felt out of place and somewhat bored at a pearl jam show. they really need to do another tour so i can wipe that bad taste out of my mouth. and please pj, don't put 'ole' on the next album.

i hope the upcoming album is more like 'riot act' and less like 'pearl jam' and 'backspacer'.

love the support for riot act on this last page. the last great pearl jam album in my opinion. hopefully they'll pull another one out in the near future.
  • Options
    mustbechrismustbechris Posts: 228
    Riot Act is fucking awesome, the hate for it around here absolutely baffles me.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    dwhite76 wrote:

Can't Keep 8.5
    Save You 10
    Love Boat Captain 10
    Cropduster 10
    Ghost 8
    I Am Mine 10
    Thumbing My Way 10
    You Are 8
    Get Right 8
    Green Disease 9.5
    Help Help 8
    Bu$hleaguer 7.5
    1/2 Full 8.5
    Arc 9
    All Or None 10

ill b the first to admit that i dont relate well to any pj fans who dont totally get the NEW stuff

you know who u r

cropduster is indeed a masterpiece
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

got to see them open with that in Lexington....good stuff

Went thru this stage myself...not ashamed of it. However, in the last 3-4yrs since my newest kid was born, that epic event kind of snapped me out of it. While PJ is & will be my favorite band, I have found myself listening to newer bands lately...(on a big Wood Bros. kick now) ...not a bad thing. You're gonna get older, your tastes will change...(just like PJs)...you will find yourself hungry for new stuff...don't miss out on the variety of the hors d'oeuvres, while you're only concentrating on the Main Course. There are some great flavors out there!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    pjradio wrote:

Went thru this stage myself...not ashamed of it. However, in the last 3-4yrs since my newest kid was born, that epic event kind of snapped me out of it. While PJ is & will be my favorite band, I have found myself listening to newer bands lately...(on a big Wood Bros. kick now) ...not a bad thing. You're gonna get older, your tastes will change...(just like PJs)...you will find yourself hungry for new stuff...don't miss out on the variety of the hors d'oeuvres, while you're only concentrating on the Main Course. There are some great flavors out there!!!

i totally get chax10
    never wud i be isolated to one main band
    lookit, i really love pj
    but, variety is the spice of life
    the more the better
    sometimes there is never enough of the good stuff
  • Options
    I was and am and always be the same a true PJ fan who loves all their songs regardless :) I try to listen to other artists but it always feels like ive come home when i slip a PJ cd / song on !!
    T Chappell
  • Options
    it's funny that this thread popped up again, because that phase went as quickly as it came. I haven't listened to pj in about a week or so. I listened again when the annual single came out, but I it didn't capture me like I thought it would. Just been listening to Smashing Pumpkins, Xavier Rudd, Silversun Pickups, Headstones, Pack A.D., QOTSA, Mat McHugh, et al.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    dwhite76 wrote:

Can't Keep 8.5
    Save You 10
    Love Boat Captain 10
    Cropduster 10
    Ghost 8
    I Am Mine 10
    Thumbing My Way 10
    You Are 8
    Get Right 8
    Green Disease 9.5
    Help Help 8
    Bu$hleaguer 7.5
    1/2 Full 8.5
    Arc 9
    All Or None 10

ill b the first to admit that i dont relate well to any pj fans who dont totally get the NEW stuff

you know who u r

I love to read when other fans love Riot Act. Sometimes I feel alone in loving Riot Act! The whole album is a masterpiece but from Help Help onwards its even more of a masterpiece
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I've slowly started to listen to them again this past week.