Pet Peeves

Comments

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I'm a bus rider and it pisses me off when drivers park in the bus stop zone. This happened on a bus I was on yesterday.

Also, people defending bad movies saying, "You were expecting Godfather, Citizen Kane et al?"

No, but escapist entertainment has to still be good and not be schlocky. There's a difference between classics like Mel Brooks comedies and Adam Sandler crap.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

When someone texts "call me"

:rofl: I did that to my mom alllllllllllllll the time. It was cuz she was in a noisy & unpredictable environment all if I needed her for something it was easier to let her know by text to call me cuz if she was busy or if the nurses were telling she'd wait till she could actually have a conversation rather than me just calling and possibly interrupting something.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    "brought" instead of "bought"
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    People who text you, and then send another text "text me back that you got this"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    people who leave their garbage bags outside their door for days. put that shit in the bin!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

People who text you, and then send another text "text me back that you got this"

I'm going to start doing that now. :giggle:
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some asshole reeked up our whole floor with the smell of oil paint (not allowed in our building).

Now I'm being forced to burn incense and hit the bowl nonstop to take over the smell.

I know, the horror! But really, it stinks like a mofo.
    the clinic I worked at would go buy the cheap off color paint in the discount bin.

It was always oil paint, when they wanted to re-paint the rooms, I tried explaining to them on why they should buy latex...they came back with oil paint.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    RKCNDY said:

the clinic I worked at would go buy the cheap off color paint in the discount bin.

It was always oil paint, when they wanted to re-paint the rooms, I tried explaining to them on why they should buy latex...they came back with oil paint.

Oil paint in a clinic? Ugh! I hope they/you keep the windows open until it dries!

I worked in a major department store many years ago that was undergoing refurbishing. They closed off one department at a time to do the work but the toxic fumes went everywhere of course and I ended up with Epstein-Barr, a non-contagious virus that trashed my immune system. I couldn't prove the connection but it seemed obvious to me. Now I avoid anything toxic as much as possible....

...there has to be a joke in there somewhere. Laughter is, after all, the best medicine.

Be well, RKCNDY!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    steve and jervis are the only one time winners pet peeve
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Truly, your health is everything.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    clicking pens held by anxious co-workers
  • People parking outside in the fire lanes... It seems like a right of passage here on Long Island...
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    get your ass out of the front of the line, stop talking to the lady at the register & get the hell out of the store, oh that's right, find another store employee nearby & chew her fucking ears off w/ your bullshit nonsense about shoelaces & good housekeeping magazine not being on the shelves

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • People parking outside in the fire lanes... It seems like a right of passage here on Long Island...

Throw in people who park in handicapped spaces....and businesses who turn every prime spot into a handicapped space.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    People bumping stupid 7-8 year old threads in the porch thinking they are funny.
    When someone is watching something horribly boring on TV (like a really bad sci-fi movie that I have no interest in watching) they don't talk to me at all, not a peep, but as soon as I pick up a book, or something that requires concentration (like counting stitches while crocheting), suddenly they become chatty Cathy and I can't get anything done. :anguished:

- Christopher McCandless
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    People who try to get as close to 15 as they can for the 15 items or less line waste my time. I feel like I'm the only one at times who has a few items when I use the self checkout lane or 15 or less checkout lane.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

People who try to get as close to 15 as they can for the 15 items or less line waste my time. I feel like I'm the only one at times who has a few items when I use the self checkout lane or 15 or less checkout lane.

I second this!

It also annoys me when there are only a few cash lanes open, someone gets in front of you with a big ole cart full of items and they don't let you go ahead even though you have 2 things to purchase. For the record, I let people go in front of me all the time when that happens. Usually it is men and they are so very grateful. Why should they wait for all of my items to be processed when they only want a few things? Kindness in little ways goes a long way. :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I hate when they close the self check out and you have a full cart and have to go to the cashier. What's the point of having self check out if you are going to close it when there's only two cashiers?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2015
    chadwick said:

get your ass out of the front of the line, stop talking to the lady at the register & get the hell out of the store, oh that's right, find another store employee nearby & chew her fucking ears off w/ your bullshit nonsense about shoelaces & good housekeeping magazine not being on the shelves

:lol: I hear ya man!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    When people pick at something coming loose, as though they need to check how the obvious looseness feels, and just make it way worse. It's like they can't help themselves.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Like a button or worse...a tooth?

Chewing with the mouth open. Pretty sure I've mentioned it before in this thread or elsewhere but goddammit it skeeves me out.
    hedonist said:

Chewing with the mouth open. Pretty sure I've mentioned it before in this thread or elsewhere but goddammit it skeeves me out.

I hate seeing/watching people eat. Like when we go out to dinner with friends...I'm always looking at my food. Most people look like miley cyrus with their tongue sticking out and diving face first into food.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

I hate seeing/watching people eat. Like when we go out to dinner with friends...I'm always looking at my food. Most people look like miley cyrus with their tongue sticking out and diving face first into food.
    Such imagery =)

Just eat politely! I can tell what is being heartily enjoyed by what's on your plate, not what's slopping around in your mouth.

(and do NOT speak to me while eating. If the benefit of the doubt card were teetering on the table as relates to the chew, all bets are off at that point.)
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

Huge pet peeve, along with people who smack their lips when they eat. Eeww.
    ELITIST FUK
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

Anything. I was more thinking things that are coming unpeeled, liken decals or whatever, or a covering on something.

People eating with their mouths open are my #1 peeve, hands down. It is revolting, so rude, so uncouth, so loud, and it means the person doing it is so painfully oblivious to just the basics of living in a society that I can't even stand it. I will call people out when they do that. I don't care how awkward it gets, lol. It is completely unacceptable behavior IMO. They may as well just pick their nose at the dinner table.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

Such imagery =)

Just eat politely! I can tell what is being heartily enjoyed by what's on your plate, not what's slopping around in your mouth.

(and do NOT speak to me while eating. If the benefit of the doubt card were teetering on the table as relates to the chew, all bets are off at that point.)
    oh this is definitely one of mine.. ewww