**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    thatgirl wrote:
    i have bad blood with almost anyone i meet that was in a fraternity. id say 99%.

When was the bad blood between us? ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    the only tower records open till midnight is the one on broad...
    the NE, KOP, and south ones are only open till 10pm...
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    thatgirl wrote:
    i can list lots of things....
    Still stuck on the fraternity thing eh? When did you graduate again? College is over. I know some friends that still do college shit, even at 27 it seems, but that a huge minority of the cross section of people.That being said I'd say that 99.9% of the fraternity behavior or attitude that you so dislike isn't prevalent in the people you will meet. Ok, so I was in one. You wouldn't know in person nop unless I told you. I never wore my association it like a badge of honor. I screw around on here and say shit sometimes, but that's all that is as far as the attitude.

WAH, my friends and I were fresh meat for the fraternities and now we still feel taken advantage of, WAH

I have heard the new album. I figured fuck it since it's a little more than a week out and I especially wasn't impressed by any of the new tunes released officially thus far. All of the Yield comparisons and/or references made me want to hear it and dispell or confirm all the more. All I will say is that I was disappointed the day I got home and listened to Binaural. Same with Riot Act for the most part. While this album has a nice sound to it, and a natural flow to it ala Yield, and I will admit is still new to me and should get more time, my early feeling is that this is the third album in a row that disappoints. I am saying that based on my tastes of course, but I feel that this may also be a broad let down in the end. While I am not one of those people that only knows Ten and a few other songs here and there, and lives and dies by that first album, I just feel that it isn't there for me anymore. I almost think it be sacreligious to say that they 'lost it', so I will just say I think that their sound has just absolutely and completely and officially changed all around. It just took me 3 studio albums and 8 years to finally see it. I'm just not feeling it like I used to. Stuff the first 5 albums in my changer and I'll listen to them straight through all day long. Again, I need to listen to it more, but the EARLY review for me is that it's not doin anything here. I am a fan, but not to such a fault that I will just praise any old shit they whip together and throw at me though. WWS is ok, and Unemployable blows still, so I'll listen a few more time sand hopefully some back with a different look later on.

I'm all booked for Seattle. Arriving 10:30 Thurs night and headed out with others 10Pm Mon.
    Still stuck on the fraternity thing eh? When did you graduate again? College is over. I know some friends that still do college shit, even at 27 it seems, but that a huge minority of the cross section of people.That being said I'd say that 99.9% of the fraternity behavior or attitude that you so dislike isn't prevalent in the people you will meet. Ok, so I was in one. You wouldn't know in person nop unless I told you. I never wore my association it like a badge of honor. I screw around on here and say shit sometimes, but that's all that is as far as the attitude.

I'm all booked for Seattle. Arriving 10:30 Thurs night and headed out with others 10Pm Mon.
    im not stuck on it, just stating my opinion from past experiences, note: those experiences of which are in the past.

sounds like you are on our flight both ways.
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Sean - got your PM and the info, I wrote you back, but your inbox is full.
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977

WAH, my friends and I were fresh meat for the fraternities and now we still feel taken advantage of, WAH

I have heard the new album. I figured fuck it since it's a little more than a week out and I especially wasn't impressed by any of the new tunes released officially thus far. All of the Yield comparisons and/or references made me want to hear it and dispell or confirm all the more. All I will say is that I was disappointed the day I got home and listened to Binaural. Same with Riot Act for the most part. While this album has a nice sound to it, and a natural flow to it ala Yield, and I will admit is still new to me and should get more time, my early feeling is that this is the third album in a row that disappoints. I am saying that based on my tastes of course, but I feel that this may also be a broad let down in the end. While I am not one of those people that only knows Ten and a few other songs here and there, and lives and dies by that first album, I just feel that it isn't there for me anymore. I almost think it be sacreligious to say that they 'lost it', so I will just say I think that their sound has just absolutely and completely and officially changed all around. It just took me 3 studio albums and 8 years to finally see it. I'm just not feeling it like I used to. Stuff the first 5 albums in my changer and I'll listen to them straight through all day long. Again, I need to listen to it more, but the EARLY review for me is that it's not doin anything here. I am a fan, but not to such a fault that I will just praise any old shit they whip together and throw at me though. WWS is ok, and Unemployable blows still, so I'll listen a few more time sand hopefully some back with a different look later on.

Well, I'm one of the few people who really like Riot Act around here and if the new album is as good as that, I will be happy. It takes me a few times listening to the new stuff to really like it, ie - Unemployable, I hated it at first now after about a month of listening to it, I really like it, but I still like WWS a lot better. Im not expecting the icon-ic songs like Alive/Evenflow/Jeremy anymore, I think with any bad that puts out songs like that that are great songs for years to come after they first come out, that songs like that only happen once or twice in a bands career. The fact that they are still around after 15years in this day and age and are putting out quality music says alot these days considering most bands are one album and done anymore.

And dont tell us you didnt plan on taking the same flights as TG to and from Seattle..... :D
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191

i'm all for tolerance and honesty and all those lovely things but that was a downer. a downer you are entitled to.
    take your money and your drugs.
    Bubba wrote:
    Well, I'm one of the few people who really like Riot Act around here and if the new album is as good as that, I will be happy. It takes me a few times listening to the new stuff to really like it, ie - Unemployable, I hated it at first now after about a month of listening to it, I really like it, but I still like WWS a lot better. Im not expecting the icon-ic songs like Alive/Evenflow/Jeremy anymore, I think with any bad that puts out songs like that that are great songs for years to come after they first come out, that songs like that only happen once or twice in a bands career. The fact that they are still around after 15years in this day and age and are putting out quality music says alot these days considering most bands are one album and done anymore.

i dont mind riot act, there are songs on there i certainly dont care for but others i find enjoyable, despite what some people around here think.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Bubba wrote:

And dont tell us you didnt plan on taking the same flights as TG to and from Seattle..... :D

I guess I'll have to break out my referee shirt for those flights. ;)

Personally, I like Unemployable alot and have listened to it on my computer more then WWS. I don't want to judge the album until I hear it.

I also will make sure I don't repeat my No Code debacle with this album. (I bought the cd and popped it into my car's cd player forgetting I had it on shuffle and Mankind came on first and I was like wtf happened to Ed. He didn't leave the band did he. lol ;) )
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    I also will make sure I don't repeat my No Code debacle with this album. (I bought the cd and popped it into my car's cd player forgetting I had it on shuffle and Mankind came on first and I was like wtf happened to Ed. He didn't leave the band did he. lol ;)

that would have given me a heart attack.
    Solat13 wrote:
    im sure you will be pressing the attendant button throughout the whole flight as my seat will be RECLINED :D
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    riot act fucking sucks. the older it gets the more i think it sucks.

it makes you wanna kill yourself so you don't have to hear it one second longer.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    Solat13 wrote:

Personally, I like Unemployable alot and have listened to it on my computer more then WWS. I don't want to judge the album until I hear it.

I also will make sure I don't repeat my No Code debacle with this album. (I bought the cd and popped it into my car's cd player forgetting I had it on shuffle and Mankind came on first and I was like wtf happened to Ed. He didn't leave the band did he. lol ;) )

LOL...now thats funny! Im with you, I want to hear the entire album as a whole before I make any judgements. I havent been disappointed yet so Im hoping for the best.
    TG- It's ok, it might just take you a few more years to deal. The first step in admitting you have a problem and trying to work through it?
    STOP GOING TO JAKES!
    Guess who goes there? That's right! Frat Boys!

For everybody else, esp what Grace said about tolerance and honesty-

That was just the top of my head, initial, mediocrity fearing review. I did say many times in there that I am going to give it more time though.

Sorry if that was a downer.

I love you Julie. We can plan our family on the flight out and get started on the execution stage of those well "laid" plans on the flight back mmmk? Gorge will be like an unofficial honeymoon before the fact and in the middle of us getting to know one another. What a great tour this is going to be.

By the way- I'ma need to triple up or squeeze in somewhere thurs night if at all possible, for $ of course, until numbnuts gets in for our reservation the next morning b/c he'll be too busy pullin his pud wearin his "1st Class" wings the Capt gave him after he "sat on his lap" comin in the day after me.
    thatgirl wrote:
    im sure you will be pressing the attendant button throughout the whole flight as my seat will be RECLINED :D

Just keep it down back there...some of us up front are trying to sleep! :D
    we are in a world of trouble when i am the paragon of tolerance :)
    fanch75 wrote:

it makes you wanna kill yourself so you don't have to hear it one second longer.

Oh c'mon, its not that bad....Riot Act to PJ is like the Z28 to the Camaro. Its good but its not the best they've ever done.
    TG- It's ok, it might just take you a few more years to deal. The first step in admitting you have a problem and trying to work through it?
    STOP GOING TO JAKES!
    Guess who goes there? That's right! Frat Boys!

For everybody else, esp what Grace said about tolerance and honesty-

That was just the top of my head, initial, mediocrity fearing review. I did say many times in there that I am going to give it more time though.

Sorry if that was a downer.

I love you Julie. We can plan our family on the flight out and get started on the execution stage of those well "laid" plans on the flight back mmmk? Gorge will be like an unofficial honeymoon before the fact and in the middle of us getting to know one another. What a great tour this is going to be.

By the way- I'ma need to triple up or squeeze in somewhere thurs night if at all possible, for $ of course, until numbnuts gets in for our reservation the next morning b/c he'll be too busy pullin his pud wearin his "1st Class" wings the Capt gave him after he "sat on his lap" comin in the day after me.
    im sorry, i will love jakes and dwayne 4-eva...but when i do go there its certainly not to socialize with the college crowd, you make it seem like i go there all the time, i dont, i rarely go out at all nowadays.

milehigh club?

bubba-while your up there getting a joyride on the captn's lap, can you try to snag me an extra pair of those wings?
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Gorge will be like an unofficial honeymoon

Take her to POPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYE'S chicken
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:

i am puzzled by this. its not THAT bad...cmon
    thatgirl wrote:
    im sorry, i will love jakes and dwayne 4-eva...but when i do go there its certainly not to socialize with the college crowd, you make it seem like i go there all the time, i dont, i rarely go out at all nowadays.

milehigh club?

bubba-while your up there getting a joyride on the captn's lap, can you try to snag me an extra pair of those wings?

No need to join in with "frat-boys" "jokes" TG, and here I thought you were better than that....the only lap riding up in 1st Class will be the hot stewardess riding mine!
    fanch75 wrote:
    tsk tsk, everyone should know that popeyes is not the way to my heart...
    more like wendys or a tendercrisp cheddar bacon ranch from bk... :)
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598

That is some review Debbie. I hope that I don't share your enthusiasm on May 2nd. I love Binaural and [size=-2]like[/size] Riot Act. Typically if I hate the cover I love the music inside. That being said...I said enough.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    Bubba wrote:
    Oh c'mon, its not that bad....Riot Act to PJ is like the Z28 to the Camaro. Its good but its not the best they've ever done.

Eh? The Z28 is the moniker by which Camaro is respected. I don't think that's what you were going for. The SS's are more like the bootlegs- not full run, every year offerings. Riot Act is like the 4cyl Iron Duke that was in the '82 Camaro.

Now here's how it should go:

10 is to PJ
    as
    '69 Z28 is to Camaro

:D
    Bubba wrote:
    No need to join in with "frat-boys" "jokes" TG, and here I thought you were better than that....the only lap riding up in 1st Class will be the hot stewardess riding mine!
    oh boy, what a visual, please, im sure there will be children aboard, no need for indecency!!!
    fanch75 wrote:

unofficial honeymoon @ popeye's= cringe!
    Nice, my first post today frazzled some nerves.
    Eh? The Z28 is the moniker by which Camaro is respected. I don't think that's what you were going for. The SS's are more like the bootlegs- not full run, every year offerings. Riot Act is like the 4cyl Iron Duke that was in the '82 Camaro.

Now here's how it should go:

10 is to PJ
    as
    '69 Z28 is to Camaro

:D

10 is to PJ as Yenko or COPO is to Camaro

The Z28 comment was based more on the 4th Generation Camaro, so you got me there.
    Oh yeah, and CORE ownz.
    thatgirl wrote:
    tsk tsk, everyone should know that popeyes is not the way to my heart...
    more like wendys or a tendercrisp cheddar bacon ranch from bk... :)

How's Ruth's Chris sound? I was just there Saturday for a nice big T-Bone!! Now thats good stuff!!