**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Only 175 hours left till the album comes out.

For those of you playing along at home that's

10500 minutes

and

630,000 seconds
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    Bubba wrote:
    How's Ruth's Chris sound? I was just there Saturday for a nice big T-Bone!! Now thats good stuff!!
    yea im a big fan of steak as well, and taters, esp w/bacon and cheese..mmm

i must say that i dont think there is a day that goes by that i dont post at least once about food on here....really, that pic of me that is on myspace really isnt me, im actually 700lbs and bedridden, which would explain why i am here so damn much!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    OK, I just listened to it again and FUCKING WOW! This is the new Ten and is possibly better than Yield dare I say!
    WOW WOW WOW!
    You guys need to cheat and just listen to it already. You are missing out big.
    Solat13 wrote:
    Only 175 hours left till the album comes out.

For those of you playing along at home that's

10500 minutes

and

630,000 seconds
    thanks for the update, whew, good thing i dont have to plan a special outfit for that day, by the looks of things there isnt much time left!!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    Food N' Frats should be your MySpace profile focus and/or title.
    Food N' Frats should be your MySpace profile focus and/or title.
    LOL nice sig dope

i might consider that for my myspace, though i like to keep a certain level of class at all times...

btw people, there is a steakhouse and bar at the ellensburg inn!!!!!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    thatgirl wrote:
    LOL nice sig dope

i might consider that for my myspace, though i like to keep a certain level of class at all times...

More importantly a $6.99 BREAKFAST BUFFET!!!

That was the clincher for me.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    thatgirl wrote:
    LOL nice sig dope

there are pics of it on the ellensburg website, i think.
    take your money and your drugs.
    Solat13 wrote:
    More importantly a $6.99 BREAKFAST BUFFET!!!

That was the clincher for me.
    i agree, buff-ets are quality...
    i thought the days inn in b-more had a nice little buffet...was that free? or did we have to pay for it? i cant remember!!!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I just realized something about May 2:

1) New Pearl Jam cd
    2) POPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYE'S be openin' up and shit. Dayum.

I'm gonna go to Best Buy, and then stop off a POPEEEEEYE'S and get me some chicken & biscuits, adn go listen to the new Pearl Jam.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    I want to see one person buy the breakfast buffet and then the other ten of us politely and cleverly "share" :D I'm sure there wouldn't be anything obvious about 10 people watching one eat.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I just realized something about May 2:

1) New Pearl Jam cd
    2) POPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYE'S be openin' up and shit. Dayum.

I'm gonna go to Best Buy, and then stop off a POPEEEEEYE'S and get me some chicken & biscuits, adn go listen to the new Pearl Jam.

it's also the day before i turn old. :(
    I want to see one person buy the breakfast buffet and then the other ten of us politely and cleverly "share" :D I'm sure there wouldn't be anything obvious about 10 people watching one eat.
    there is a free cont. breakfast there, im unsure of how they are going to work the whole "pay for buffet" thingy.....
    I'm so excited about May 2nd I might just have to rush over to Cheeseburger in Paradise then finish up the celebration at a college bar.
    I'm so excited about May 2nd I might just have to rush over to Cheeseburger in Paradise then finish up the celebration at a college bar.
    LOL!
    i cant wait till the one by me opens :D
    grace6697 wrote:

are you about to turn 25, gracie?

Dude, you said you like hamburgers. Have you ever had a Royal Burger from Red Robin? Big patty with a fried egg on it. Yeah!
    fanch75 wrote:
    are you about to turn 25, gracie?

nuh uh. :(

hmm, did my rank just change? i thought i was given to fly?
    fanch75 wrote:
    Dude, you said you like hamburgers. Have you ever had a Royal Burger from Red Robin? Big patty with a fried egg on it. Yeah!
    Yeah, still love burgers man. That was a TG dig, that's all :D

Red Robin is good. I'm hooked on their Turkey Burger now though. Actually, any place that has a good one is ok in my book. Lil' HM and BBQ on the side for the sammich and bottomless FF.
    And to answer your q...No, haven't had the pleasure, yet.
    grace6697 wrote:
    Sounds like someone is going to be starting their 4th decade in life to me aka 30.
    Bubba wrote:
    Oh c'mon, its not that bad....Riot Act to PJ is like the Z28 to the Camaro. Its good but its not the best they've ever done.

I do think it's that bad. Seriously.

Let me reference you to why I think this. I wrote this about 2-3 years ago.

--

CAN'T KEEP - Eh. Can't Keep........a tune? What the fuck is this for an opening song? It's deceeeeeeeent and doesn't totally suck, but honestly, it's pretty unmemorable. It's average. Can't Keeeeeeeeeeeeep........awake? 5 liberals out of 10.

SAVE YOU - NOW This is what I'm fuckin talking about! This is a grea tune, the Brain of J (or Breakerfall) of the album. Great song, *GREAT* riff, great lyrics, great everything. Gotta love a tune that says "gonna save youuuuuuuuufucker." Fuck yeah. This song is so good it almost makes me forget how much this album sucks. It makes me wanna crack a Natty and forget how disappointing this album is. 9 Breakerfalls out of 10.

LOVE BOAT CAPTAIN - What's the next song? I forget......oh yes, LBC. Ya know what, this is a *great* song live. Fantastic on LATG. In th studio, it's ok. Alright..........but what the fucking title "Love Boat Captain"? What kind of wack ass shit is that? Makes me think of that old ass show and that shitty song, "The looooooooooooooooove boat!" and that little midget fucker (http://timstvshowcase.com/loveboat.html). Eh. I guess it's ok on here. 6 midgets out of 10

CROPDUSTER - Great into. I remember hearin gthis intro and thinking, "This shit is gonna rule!" and later I though, "Eh......". This aint' bad, but it doesn't rule like Zakk Wylde either. "Everyone is practiciiiiiiiiiiing"......... what? Practicing writing a great intro followed by an average song? 6 average songs out of 10

GHOST - This is a song I honest didn't remember how it went (even after six months of trying to convince myself that I liked this album). That should tell you something. I'm listening to it now just so I could say something about it. Ya know what? I still ain't got shit to say about. The name "Ghost" is pretty symbolic (there's a song here, but I don't feel anything). What the fuck is this about anyway? 5 lost memories out of 10

I AM MINE - Now, as all ya'll knwo, the chick with the username "IamMine" is totally MILF. But yoiu know what? This song rulz. I remember hearing this tune and being so excited about the RA album. That's like thinking the girl you're gonna hit is totally hot and then finding out she's a fat Poison fan with 5 kids. Regardless, this song rules, Boom's keyboards rule, the lyrics are great, and this is classic. 9 fat Warrant fans out of 10

THUMBING MY WAY - Um. This sucks. Thumbing My Ass waiting to hear a decent song. Wake me up when this boring POS is over. I don't care how meaningful or whatever the lyrics are - this song sucks. 3 dissapointments out of 10

YOU ARE - When did PJ start listening to Duran Duran? You are.............what? I don't get it. Everyone talks about "genius" this is but I think it's a piece of shit. OK, there's some keyboard. So fucking what? You are........hitting the skip button. 3 Ain'ts out of 10

GET RIGHT - What's the next song? Wait..........oh yes, "Get Right." I honesty don't rememberr how this song goes other than the shitty generic chorus. If you wanted to "get right," you'd write a memorable song. it doesn't suck per se, but I don't remember how it goes either. That should fuckin tell ya somethin. 5 Gingriches out of 10.

GREEN DISEASE - It has a cool "Rearviewmirror" type intro, but after that it goes off into Suckland. How does this song go again? Oh yeah that's how it goes....eh. It doesn't suck. It's alright. But I'm glad I didn't pay to hear it live at the Noblesville 2003 show. 5 Ohio Controversies out of 10.

HELP HELP - What the fuck is this? "Tell me what I want to.........hear." Well, if I told you that, I'd tell you this song was good This sucks. 3 large African penises out of 10.

BUSHLEAGER - Ya know, Bush does kinda suck. And I'm a conservative (in the literal meaning of that term). And, this song has some pretty creative lyrics and I dig that. It's cool Ed voices his opinoinon, and I think "born on third thinks he got a triple" is witty as shit. Fuck yeah. I love Ed and this is a highlight of the album. 7 cans of Busch Light out of 10

1/2 FULL - Great guitarwork. Mike's leads (stylewise) remind me of "Dissident." Still yet, a pretty forgettable song. Ya'll still gotta write a SONG, remmeber? The guitarwork is on fire, though. I bet Mike thtought, "It sucks I wrote such great guitar licks to such a forgettable tune." 5 Canadian "Eh?'s" out of 10

ARC - This is the thing the PJ elitists got all hard over. Like, "Ohhhhhhhh my God! They sang Arc!" Ya knwo what? It's kinda cool. Tell me about hw you feel abou tthis song while you think your inner child and how you feel whilst a snail gets stepped on. 5 Molsons out ot 10.

All or None - Great guitarwork. But you know what? I had to put this CD on to write this review because I don't remember how it goes. Sorry. It's forgettable. I think the title of this song is foreshadowing of this RA album: "Its either is GREAT or it fucking sucks." Ya know what? it ain't great. 6.5 cans of beans out of 10.

Again, I tried to like this. I really did. But ya know what? I don't fucking like it. IN fac,t, this is the first time I've listened to it in probaly a year in a half (mainly b;c I couldn't remember how the songs went b/c they're so forgettable overall). I'm not talking about your mom, I' not saying PJ sucks; I'm just sayin THIS album sucks. Sorry, but it does. Get over it. Hopefully they'll quit drinking shitty microbrews while they make the new album and drink some fucking natty. Mayb then, and only then, they'll make an album approaching Yield and Binaural.
    I should Copy/Save my reply then in case it stands the test of time so that I can come back and do this as well. Just in case.
    Your review sounds liek the review that dude on TheBestPage on the Internetblahblah.com wrote about the last U2 album. Funny shit.

Otherwise I'm excited as shit that there's such a big trek of "PhillyP people headed out to Gorge together. It's gonna fuckin kick much ass.
    Just lookin at Matt's itinerary page makes me mess my boxer briefs (that was FYI Julie).

That is all. I am headed off for my "24" pre-show prep. That includes much frosty beverages and some sort of beef sandwich, quite possibly Hot Roast Beast with American or Swiss with extra horsie and lots o' Au Jus for dipping.

Thank you, drive through.
    fanch75 wrote:
    CAN'T KEEP - Eh. Can't Keep........a tune? What the fuck is this for an opening song? It's deceeeeeeeent and doesn't totally suck, but honestly, it's pretty unmemorable. It's average. Can't Keeeeeeeeeeeeep........awake? 5 liberals out of 10.
    this intro is sweet, reminds me of the perfect circle "crimes"
    fanch75 wrote:
    SAVE YOU - NOW This is what I'm fuckin talking about! This is a grea tune, the Brain of J (or Breakerfall) of the album. Great song, *GREAT* riff, great lyrics, great everything. Gotta love a tune that says "gonna save youuuuuuuuufucker." Fuck yeah. This song is so good it almost makes me forget how much this album sucks. It makes me wanna crack a Natty and forget how disappointing this album is. 9 Breakerfalls out of 10.
    LOOOVE IT!, right up there w/brain of j and DTE, i can blast this forever, on my own personal greatest hits mix
    fanch75 wrote:
    LOVE BOAT CAPTAIN - What's the next song? I forget......oh yes, LBC. Ya know what, this is a *great* song live. Fantastic on LATG. In th studio, it's ok. Alright..........but what the fucking title "Love Boat Captain"? What kind of wack ass shit is that? Makes me think of that old ass show and that shitty song, "The looooooooooooooooove boat!" and that little midget fucker (http://timstvshowcase.com/loveboat.html). Eh. I guess it's ok on here. 6 midgets out of 10.
    this has sentimental meaning to me so im biased towards this song
    fanch75 wrote:
    CROPDUSTER - Great into. I remember hearin gthis intro and thinking, "This shit is gonna rule!" and later I though, "Eh......". This aint' bad, but it doesn't rule like Zakk Wylde either. "Everyone is practiciiiiiiiiiiing"......... what? Practicing writing a great intro followed by an average song? 6 average songs out of 10.
    two thumbs down
    fanch75 wrote:
    GHOST - This is a song I honest didn't remember how it went (even after six months of trying to convince myself that I liked this album). That should tell you something. I'm listening to it now just so I could say something about it. Ya know what? I still ain't got shit to say about. The name "Ghost" is pretty symbolic (there's a song here, but I don't feel anything). What the fuck is this about anyway? 5 lost memories out of 10.
    not a big fan
    fanch75 wrote:
    I AM MINE - Now, as all ya'll knwo, the chick with the username "IamMine" is totally MILF. But yoiu know what? This song rulz. I remember hearing this tune and being so excited about the RA album. That's like thinking the girl you're gonna hit is totally hot and then finding out she's a fat Poison fan with 5 kids. Regardless, this song rules, Boom's keyboards rule, the lyrics are great, and this is classic. 9 fat Warrant fans out of 10.
    great tune
    fanch75 wrote:
    THUMBING MY WAY - Um. This sucks. Thumbing My Ass waiting to hear a decent song. Wake me up when this boring POS is over. I don't care how meaningful or whatever the lyrics are - this song sucks. 3 dissapointments out of 10.
    ehhh, i skip this one usually
    fanch75 wrote:
    YOU ARE - When did PJ start listening to Duran Duran? You are.............what? I don't get it. Everyone talks about "genius" this is but I think it's a piece of shit. OK, there's some keyboard. So fucking what? You are........hitting the skip button. 3 Ain'ts out of 10.
    depends on the time of month i guess LOL
    fanch75 wrote:
    GET RIGHT - What's the next song? Wait..........oh yes, "Get Right." I honesty don't rememberr how this song goes other than the shitty generic chorus. If you wanted to "get right," you'd write a memorable song. it doesn't suck per se, but I don't remember how it goes either. That should fuckin tell ya somethin. 5 Gingriches out of 10.
    i think this is catchy, nice turned up loud
    fanch75 wrote:
    GREEN DISEASE - It has a cool "Rearviewmirror" type intro, but after that it goes off into Suckland. How does this song go again? Oh yeah that's how it goes....eh. It doesn't suck. It's alright. But I'm glad I didn't pay to hear it live at the Noblesville 2003 show. 5 Ohio Controversies out of 10.
    i dont agree with the words but i dig the music, i was pumped when i heard this on 10/3
    fanch75 wrote:
    HELP HELP - What the fuck is this? "Tell me what I want to.........hear." Well, if I told you that, I'd tell you this song was good This sucks. 3 large African penises out of 10.
    next please...
    fanch75 wrote:
    BUSHLEAGER - Ya know, Bush does kinda suck. And I'm a conservative (in the literal meaning of that term). And, this song has some pretty creative lyrics and I dig that. It's cool Ed voices his opinoinon, and I think "born on third thinks he got a triple" is witty as shit. Fuck yeah. I love Ed and this is a highlight of the album. 7 cans of Busch Light out of 10
    fuck no, ill pass on this one...i dont want to hear his opinion
    fanch75 wrote:
    1/2 FULL - Great guitarwork. Mike's leads (stylewise) remind me of "Dissident." Still yet, a pretty forgettable song. Ya'll still gotta write a SONG, remmeber? The guitarwork is on fire, though. I bet Mike thtought, "It sucks I wrote such great guitar licks to such a forgettable tune." 5 Canadian "Eh?'s" out of 10
    "dont see men as half empty, see them half full of shit...memorable on 7/5/03, on my request list for '06
    fanch75 wrote:
    ARC - This is the thing the PJ elitists got all hard over. Like, "Ohhhhhhhh my God! They sang Arc!" Ya knwo what? It's kinda cool. Tell me about hw you feel abou tthis song while you think your inner child and how you feel whilst a snail gets stepped on. 5 Molsons out ot 10.
    no thanks
    fanch75 wrote:
    All or None - Great guitarwork. But you know what? I had to put this CD on to write this review because I don't remember how it goes. Sorry. It's forgettable. I think the title of this song is foreshadowing of this RA album: "Its either is GREAT or it fucking sucks." Ya know what? it ain't great. 6.5 cans of beans out of 10.
    id like tohear this live, not sure if i put it on my list...meaningful lyrics, music is ok....

so yea, im about done, it was very hard for me to type this since my nails are wet...but nonetheless i had to voice my likes on this album since fanch disses it, im not sayin its a VS or NO CODE but there are its good points...i popped it in on the way home and enjoyed my drive :)
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    You guys are nuts.....Riot Act is awesome! How can you not love Can't Keep, Save You, Ghost, Help Help, Green Disease and All Or None? I'm definitly not crazy about Get Right or 1/2 Full, but I love the rest of the CD! You all have to give it another try!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    Otherwise I'm excited as shit that there's such a big trek of "PhillyP people headed out to Gorge together. It's gonna fuckin kick much ass.
    Just lookin at Matt's itinerary page makes me mess my boxer briefs (that was FYI Julie).

PS-i just puked in my mouth
    vedderwood wrote:
    You guys are nuts.....Riot Act is awesome! How can you not love Can't Keep, Save You, Ghost, Help Help, Green Disease and All Or None? I'm definitly not crazy about Get Right or 1/2 Full, but I love the rest of the CD! You all have to give it another try!!!!

riot act=subpar album from superior band.

for years i couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and then *it* hit me. i think it's..uninspired.
    Sounds like someone is going to be starting their 4th decade in life to me aka 30.

tee hee. younger than that.
    vedderwood wrote:
    You guys are nuts.....Riot Act is awesome! How can you not love...

You all have to give it another try!!!!

Well, I can't respect an album that had Down as a B-side non-album included cut. That clearly was better than 1/2 the songs that did make the cut.

I think Pearl Jam should go back and give it another try, not us.
    Well, I can't respect an album that had Down as a B-side non-album included cut. That clearly was better than 1/2 the songs that did make the cut.

I think Pearl Jam should go back and give it another try, not us.

post of the day. 1000% agreed.
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Alright, so who's going to the 5against1 show on 5/5 at Sweeney's in the northeast???

I know TG is planning on being there, anyone else?