Options

The next American Century- Republican primary over

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Godfather. wrote:
    Political Expediency on Same-Sex Marriage Earns President Obama $15 Million in One Night. .....
    now for the right money as we all know this clown will tell you just what you want to hear.

Godfather.

:?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    inmytree wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    Political Expediency on Same-Sex Marriage Earns President Obama $15 Million in One Night. .....
    now for the right money as we all know this clown will tell you just what you want to hear.

Godfather.

do you really not believe this ?..they're all politions trying to get or keep the job and get as much money as possible for their campain fund...believe me, because it's your money they want they'll tell you what you want to hear.

XXXX --

Today is the last day the campaign is taking names for the chance to join President Obama and me in New York next week.

I hope you take us up on this. I'd love to meet you.

If you're planning on it, make sure you enter before the midnight deadline:

See you soon,

Bill Clinton

No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter or win. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by May 29, 2012. You may enter by contributing to Sponsor here or click here to enter without contributing. Two winners will each receive the following prize package: round-trip tickets for winner and a guest from within the fifty U.S. States, DC, or Puerto Rico to a destination to be determined by the Sponsor; hotel accommodations; an opportunity to meet with President Obama and President Clinton on a date to be determined by the Sponsor; and tickets for winner and a guest to attend Sponsor's "Barack on Broadway" event, on a date and at a venue to be determined by the Sponsor (approximate retail value of all prizes $3,300.00). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or age of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.

Contributions or gifts to Obama for America are not tax deductible
    This email was sent to:XXXXXXX
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Godfather. wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

do you really not believe this ?..they're all politions trying to get or keep the job and get as much money as possible for their campain fund...believe me, because it's your money they want they'll tell you what you want to hear.

XXXX --

Today is the last day the campaign is taking names for the chance to join President Obama and me in New York next week.

I hope you take us up on this. I'd love to meet you.

If you're planning on it, make sure you enter before the midnight deadline:

See you soon,

Bill Clinton

No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter or win. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by May 29, 2012. You may enter by contributing to Sponsor here or click here to enter without contributing. Two winners will each receive the following prize package: round-trip tickets for winner and a guest from within the fifty U.S. States, DC, or Puerto Rico to a destination to be determined by the Sponsor; hotel accommodations; an opportunity to meet with President Obama and President Clinton on a date to be determined by the Sponsor; and tickets for winner and a guest to attend Sponsor's "Barack on Broadway" event, on a date and at a venue to be determined by the Sponsor (approximate retail value of all prizes $3,300.00). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or age of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.

Contributions or gifts to Obama for America are not tax deductible
    This email was sent to:XXXXXXX

I was simply confused by your wording..

you seem to imply Obama made is statement because he was paid 15 million...when the fundraiser was after he made the statement....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    robbie wrote:
    the Republicans were probably at work.

Like I said, Obama is cool but Romney is pretty cool too. 50 percent approval rating in the latest Gallup poll. Polls are weak but Romeny is still a swell guy.

at work.... or their klan rally
    This kind of shit is OK here now?

(robbie, please report your full name and address, stat)

But seriously, the fuck?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,293
    romney should pick trump to be his vp.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    romney should pick trump to be his vp.

ohhh Lord I sure hope not :lol: anybody but him..how about Rosanne Barr or even Palin..anybody but Trump. :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :fp: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/30/tech/mobi ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Romney iPhone app misspells 'America' to Web's delight

(CNN) -- It's probably not the kind of thing voters will use to choose the leader of the free world.

But the Web was taking no shortage of presidential potshots Wednesday over Republican candidate Mitt Romney's new mobile app, which embarrassingly misspelled "America."

Yes, Internet. Welcome to AMERCIA.

"Sorry about the shaking California, that was just the rest of America laughing at Mitt Romney running for Pres. of #Amercia," wrote a person behind a parody President Obama account on Twitter (referencing a minor earthquake late Tuesday).

The gaffe, presumably by some poor developer hired by the campaign, appears on "With Mitt," the campaign's newly released iPhone app. The app invites users to photograph themselves with their choice of 14 pro-Romney slogans such as "I'm a Mom For Mitt," "Obama Isn't Working" and "The America We Love," and then share them on social media.

But one of the slogans reads, "A Better Amercia." Oops. Somebody didn't observe the "I-before-C" rule.

The "With Mitt" app was still available in Apple's App Store on Wednesday morning. The Romney campaign has submitted an update to the app and was waiting for Apple's approval Wednesday morning. No one with the campaign was speaking on the record about it, but staffers were downplaying its importance in the run-up to November.

Slips of the tongue by political candidates are, of course, not uncommon. In 2008, then-candidate Obama got grief for saying he'd visited "all 57 states." And Vice President Joe Biden's free-speaking nature has gotten him no shortage of headlines.

But the Web's politically minded (many of whom, presumably, don't consider Romney their top choice), were noting that when a mistake appears in writing, it shows a lack of attention to detail.

"If you're applying for a job, and you misspell the name of the company you want to work for, you won't get that job. #Amercia," wrote a Twitter user.

"#Amercia" was a trending topic (meaning it's one of the most discussed terms) on Twitter late Tuesday and again Wednesday morning.

The typo has already also inspired its own Tumblr blog, "Amercia Is With Mitt."

It features photos created with the app and, as of Wednesday morning, included a group of spelling bee champions, Beaker from "The Muppet Show" and Rich Uncle Moneybags, the Monopoly mascot, among its subjects.

And numerous images were popping up on Instagram -- one highlight being Bart Simpson having to write the correctly spelled "America" during his iconic chalkboard gag from the intro to "The Simpsons."

To be honest, the Romney camp is probably more pleased at winning enough delegates in the Texas primaries Tuesday to make him the unofficial GOP nominee than it is worried about a spelling gaffe.

And it's worth noting that lots of folks who support Romney probably only learned that the app exists because of talk about the typo.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

(CNN) -- It's probably not the kind of thing voters will use to choose the leader of the free world.

But the Web was taking no shortage of presidential potshots Wednesday over Republican candidate Mitt Romney's new mobile app, which embarrassingly misspelled "America."

"Sorry about the shaking California, that was just the rest of America laughing at Mitt Romney running for Pres. of #Amercia," wrote a person behind a parody President Obama account on Twitter (referencing a minor earthquake late Tuesday).

The gaffe, presumably by some poor developer hired by the campaign, appears on "With Mitt," the campaign's newly released iPhone app. The app invites users to photograph themselves with their choice of 14 pro-Romney slogans such as "I'm a Mom For Mitt," "Obama Isn't Working" and "The America We Love," and then share them on social media.

But one of the slogans reads, "A Better Amercia." Oops. Somebody didn't observe the "I-before-C" rule.

The "With Mitt" app was still available in Apple's App Store on Wednesday morning. The Romney campaign has submitted an update to the app and was waiting for Apple's approval Wednesday morning. No one with the campaign was speaking on the record about it, but staffers were downplaying its importance in the run-up to November.

Slips of the tongue by political candidates are, of course, not uncommon. In 2008, then-candidate Obama got grief for saying he'd visited "all 57 states." And Vice President Joe Biden's free-speaking nature has gotten him no shortage of headlines.

But the Web's politically minded (many of whom, presumably, don't consider Romney their top choice), were noting that when a mistake appears in writing, it shows a lack of attention to detail.

"If you're applying for a job, and you misspell the name of the company you want to work for, you won't get that job. #Amercia," wrote a Twitter user.

"#Amercia" was a trending topic (meaning it's one of the most discussed terms) on Twitter late Tuesday and again Wednesday morning.

It features photos created with the app and, as of Wednesday morning, included a group of spelling bee champions, Beaker from "The Muppet Show" and Rich Uncle Moneybags, the Monopoly mascot, among its subjects.

And numerous images were popping up on Instagram -- one highlight being Bart Simpson having to write the correctly spelled "America" during his iconic chalkboard gag from the intro to "The Simpsons."

To be honest, the Romney camp is probably more pleased at winning enough delegates in the Texas primaries Tuesday to make him the unofficial GOP nominee than it is worried about a spelling gaffe.

And it's worth noting that lots of folks who support Romney probably only learned that the app exists because of talk about the typo.
    did it go out to all 57 states ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

did it go out to all 57 states ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Godfather.
    It sure did. :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Godfather. wrote:
    ohhh Lord I sure hope not :lol: anybody but him..how about Rosanne Barr or even Palin..anybody but Trump. :lol:

Godfather.

roseanne is a greeny
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

roseanne is a greeny

:lol::lol: what's a greeny ? you mean like bugger ? :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

in case the question is serious ... :P

she is running for the green party nomination
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,182
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

I think bugger is more accurate anyhow. Or kook.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Newch91 wrote:

But the Web was taking no shortage of presidential potshots Wednesday over Republican candidate Mitt Romney's new mobile app, which embarrassingly misspelled "America.".

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk angrily demanded Wednesday that President Barack Obama explain his reference to "a Polish death camp" during a high-profile White House ceremony a day earlier, saying the remark smacked of "ignorance, lack of knowledge, bad intentions" and amounted to "a distortion of history."
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

:shock: Roseanne Barr ? who would have thought that ? :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    127958-004-47D023C1.jpg
  • Options
    This is a dumb idea, though, not surprising that he would agree with this. I guess war heroes and veterans and defeating Hitler like Ike did/was would not be considered experienced because he didn't spend "3 years" working in business. :roll:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/0 ... president/

Romney Touts Constitutional Amendment Disqualifying Eisenhower, Roosevelt and McCain From Being President

At a campaign rally in Las Vegas yesterday, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney touted the idea of making anyone who does not have a business background as ineligible for the White House as if they had been born in Kenya:
    “I was speaking with one of these business owners who owns a couple of restaurants in town,” Romney said. “And he said ‘You know I’d like to change the Constitution, I’m not sure I can do it,’ he said. ‘I’d like to have a provision in the Constitution that in addition to the age of the president and the citizenship of the president and the birthplace of the president being set by the Constitution, I’d like it also to say that the president has to spend at least three years working in business before he could become president of the United States.‘”

Romney continued: “You see then he or she would understand that the policies they’re putting in place have to encourage small business, make it easier for business to grow.

Romney’s amendment would come as quite a shock to the last person to earn the Republican Party’s presidential nomination. Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) graduated from the Naval Academy in 1958 and served more than two decades in the United States Navy, including more than five years as an prisoner of war. After retiring from the Navy at the rank of captain, McCain turned to politics and was elected to the House in 1983 and to the Senate in 1987. Because McCain devoted his life to serving his country, rather than to working in business, the Romney amendment would disqualify him from the White House.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower would likely suffer a similar fate. Like McCain, Eisenhower was a career officer before entering politics, graduating from West Point in 1915 and eventually commanding the Allied victory over Nazi Germany. It’s not clear whether Romney’s amendment would count the time Eisenhower spent as President of Columbia University as “working in business,” and Eisenhower did work two years supervising the night shift at a creamery before entering college. Unless Romney would allow Eisenhower to count his time in academia as business experience, however, Eisenhower lacked the three years required to become president under the Romney amendment. Saving human civilization from Adolf Hitler is not a sufficient qualification.

President Theodore Roosevelt also could not have been president under the Romney amendment. Roosevelt graduated from Harvard college in 1880 and entered Columbia Law School, but eventually dropped out to mount a successful bid for the state legislature. After serving two terms, he left New York to grieve the deaths of his wife and mother and worked as a law enforcement officer in the Dakota Territory. After two years in exile he returned to New York to continue a sweeping career that would include an unsuccessful bid for New York City mayor, two years as head of the city’s police commission, an appointment as Assistant Secretary of the Navy, service in the United States Army as a cavalry colonel, a successful election as governor of New York and brief service as Vice President of the United States. Roosevelt was also a prolific author and historian who wrote a history of the role of the burgeoning U.S. Navy in the War of 1812 that is still studied by scholars today. None of these experiences, however, are work in business, so Roosevelt does not appear to be qualified for the presidency under the Romney amendment.

Republican icon Ronald Reagan is a borderline case. Reagan worked as a radio announcer, an actor and as the president of a trade union before entering politics. Reagan spent eight years working for General Electric, but as host of GE’s television show General Electric Theater. It’s not clear whether this qualifies as business experience under Romney’s amendment, and it certainly does not qualify as “small business” experience.

One person who almost certainly would qualify for the presidency under the Romney amendment: Barack Obama. President Obama spent twelve years as an attorney with a small private law firm, in addition to spending two summers working for corporate law firms as a law student.
  • Options
    Romney really did say that. :fp: :fp: :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g
  • Options
    600513_308169149272554_1299768551_n.jpg
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    575159_307148032707999_1254492226_n.jpg

• Options
    576423_291172617638874_468254096_n.jpg

• Options
    62614_287861784636624_1459399373_n.jpg

• Options
    romneys-tax-plans.png

• Options
    mittromneycartoon.gif

• Options
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Rand Paul endorsing Romney disgusts me. In this case the apple falls far from the tree.
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    Rand Paul endorsing Romney disgusts me. In this case the apple falls far from the tree.
    rand paul has to not only endorse him, but he has to campaign for him if he wants to keep his job. how bad would it look for the gop to have a young up and comer bucking the party and not endorsing the nominee? he is young and has his whole political career to think about. his old man has nothing to lose, so he can afford to not only not endorse romney, but he can cause some major headaches at the convention as well.

• Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Tough week for Obama huh?

"The private sector is doing fine"

What a dumb fuck. So out of touch. Are you kidding BHO? Look at the latest job numbers.

c_kudlow_presobamap_120608.standard.jpg

Of course he walked back his words after someone probably told him the private sector was not "doing fine"
  • Options
    Tough week for Obama huh?

"The private sector is doing fine"

What a dumb fuck. So out of touch. Are you kidding BHO? Look at the latest job numbers.

c_kudlow_presobamap_120608.standard.jpg

Of course he walked back his words after someone probably told him the private sector was not "doing fine"
    It's not worse than Mitt saying we don't need more teachers, police officers, and fire fighters. :fp:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    Well, actually I think a president in office would be more of a dumb fuck if he said the private sector was not fine or the economy was shot to shit. Imaging Obama saying something like:

"The economy is fucked. We're fucked. But don't forget to re-elect me."

Now those would be the words of a dumb fuck.

And just for the record, I've never described any president, no matter how much I disagreed with him, in those terms. Hell, I'm not that unpatriotic.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.