Options

NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Seriously NBC Sports? You air an ad for "Farmersonly.com...the only dating site for farmers only" during the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I guess their money is as good as any but how much is a 30 second spot during the playoffs? $99.95?
    I missed it :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RvyFFjP7RE
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Seriously NBC Sports? You air an ad for "Farmersonly.com...the only dating site for farmers only" during the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I guess their money is as good as any but how much is a 30 second spot during the playoffs? $99.95?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuKodViKn8M_QT8ikfAGmZ5xGxzXvRD71QB80h0uOhKRVY04hF
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    this is a helluva hockey game tonight
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I missed it :x

This is for real and this same ad is airing throughout the playoffs, ON NETWORK TV! :shock: well cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RvyFFjP7RE
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    GO KINGS GO!!!!!

cartman_kings-b.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,968
    norm wrote:
    GO KINGS GO!!!!!

cartman_kings-b.jpg

I had them beating St. Louis this round. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they made it to the finals. Johnathan Quick is a beast in goal.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Giroux could be suspended for an all important game 5...that was just plain dumb...3 seconds left in the period :nono:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    GO KINGS GO!!!!!

cartman_kings-b.jpg

They look awfully good ... only took 9 games to eliminate the number 1 and number 2 seed.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    What happened to the flyers team from round 1 ... they just don't look like the same team ... and might be without Giroux for game 5.

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    lukin2006 wrote:
    What happened to the flyers team from round 1 ... they just don't look like the same team ... and might be without Giroux for game 5.

they are facing a team that is playing defense and getting goaltending.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Wow...wow...wow
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

they are facing a team that is playing defense and getting goaltending.

true ... plus NJ isn't getting involved with garbage after the whistle.

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lukin2006 wrote:

the team they are playing now aren't nintendo guys

marty or bryz ..... not a surprise
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Wow...wow...wow

typical devils fan...show up during the playoffs ;)

i love ya bud , but it really is how their fanbase works
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Wow...wow...wow

How does their fan base work? I understand we do not have the density of NYC to have sellouts every game. The Devils fan base is just starting to get to the age where season tickets are something people can afford. Putting a team in 15 miles from an original 6 team, an hour from and Islander dynasty (at least at the time) and about an hour from the Flyers. It has taken time for the fan base to grow. The Devils fans I know/knew were kids whose family did not watch hockey. All the other kids families were either Rangers Flyers or Islander fans. It is real funny when insecure fans of these teams mock our fan base, because the Devils team has had more success in the past 20 years then all the teams I mentioned together.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Wow...wow...wow

Nah always been there... Just been doing the FL thing this year...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    How does their fan base work? I understand we do not have the density of NYC to have sellouts every game. The Devils fan base is just starting to get to the age where season tickets are something people can afford. Putting a team in 15 miles from an original 6 team, an hour from and Islander dynasty (at least at the time) and about an hour from the Flyers. It has taken time for the fan base to grow. The Devils fans I know/knew were kids whose family did not watch hockey. All the other kids families were either Rangers Flyers or Islander fans. It is real funny when insecure fans of these teams mock our fan base, because the Devils team has had more success in the past 20 years then all the teams I mentioned together.

i'lll give you a quick snapshot of devil fans:

the devil fan gets completely lost in the shuffle with ranger fans and flyer fans. so the small pocket of devil fans that actually exist feel compelled to be the most obnoxious people on earth just to get attention because that is what they have to do to be noticed in the mix of flyer & ranger fans.

their attendance during the season is a joke, and they typically struggle to sellout their home games in the first two rounds of the playoffs (if they aren't playing the rangers or flyers and maybe even the islanders). i am originally from north jersey, but thankfully raised a ranger fan, and i remember in 1995, select supermarkets in jersey were giving out FREE playoff tickets in their stores for the first round (i think they played the bruins) just so they can have a full arena to play to. even then, i don't think those games were sold out.

it would have made sense to move them to brooklyn with the nets because that arena can only hold about 14,000 for a hockey game and most of north jersey takes mass transit into NYC for work so it would be a very accessible place for devils fans to get to and better than putting them in the slums of newark.

*disclaimer - black diamond is a good egg ;)
  • Options
    Wow...wow...wow

during the season maybe 10,000 per game ..playoffs sold out games

their are a few true fans...but a ton of playoff only bandwagon fans
  • Options
    NHL to announce deal to sell Phoenix Coyotes: reports

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/announce+dea ... z1uCU30tlq

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Monday will announce that a tentative deal has been reached to sell the Phoenix Coyotes and potentially keep the team where it is, several media outlets in Arizona are reporting.

The reports said the league has a tentative arrangement in place to sell the Coyotes to an ownership group led by former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison, who reportedly wants the team to remain in the desert.

The Phoenix Business Journal and Fox 10 News were among the outlets carrying the story in Phoenix.

The Business Journal reported that supporters of the team in Phoenix are still waiting for Glendale city council to approve a payment plan to back the deal and run the arena.

Still, even a tentative deal would be good news for the team, which has been under league ownership since 2009.

The team is currently one game away from advancing to the next round of the NHL playoffs, and leads the Nashville Predators 3-1 in their best-of-seven series.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/announce+dea ... z1uCTmnT26

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    soo ... they gonna suspend giroux!?? ... i think he should get a game ...
  • Options

[/quote]

Again like I said the Devils fans are young and just starting to come into a career that can support season tickets.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Monday will announce that a tentative deal has been reached to sell the Phoenix Coyotes and potentially keep the team where it is, several media outlets in Arizona are reporting.

The reports said the league has a tentative arrangement in place to sell the Coyotes to an ownership group led by former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison, who reportedly wants the team to remain in the desert.

The Phoenix Business Journal and Fox 10 News were among the outlets carrying the story in Phoenix.

The Business Journal reported that supporters of the team in Phoenix are still waiting for Glendale city council to approve a payment plan to back the deal and run the arena.

Still, even a tentative deal would be good news for the team, which has been under league ownership since 2009.

The team is currently one game away from advancing to the next round of the NHL playoffs, and leads the Nashville Predators 3-1 in their best-of-seven series.

Wouldn't it be strange if a team owned by the league won the Cup?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options

Again like I said the Devils fans are young and just starting to come into a career that can support season tickets.[/quote]

the team has been around 30 years ?? young fans? huh

no they have 10,000 hard core fans and the rest jump on the playoff bandwagon..its very simple
  • Options

the team has been around 30 years ?? young fans? huh

no they have 10,000 hard core fans and the rest jump on the playoff bandwagon..its very simple[/quote]

So 30 years ago when the team came to NJ all the Ranger, Flyer, and Islander fans jumped ship to a new team right? :roll: Most of the fan base I would say is between 15-35 so yes I would consider that young.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    lukin2006 wrote:

This is great news.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is great news.

Good, I don't want them moving. And not because I was born in Arizona.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    soo ... they gonna suspend giroux!?? ... i think he should get a game ...

Suspended for game 5.

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    voidofman wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is great news.

Good, I don't want them moving. And not because I was born in Arizona.

Since I'm going there this makes me :mrgreen:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Suspended for game 5.

thoughts on ovie's hit? ... i think that is 1 game also ...