Options

Virginia Beach!

Comments

• Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    Opening night has got me pumped!!! Can't believe we are less than a week now!!!
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71
    any locals to the VA area take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge?

On the way down from NY to the show we are thinking of going a little out of our way just to cross this..
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Weather update for all us VA Beachers.... the weather guys in Texas say that this heat wave is stuck over central and eastern US for the next week. Everybody bring cool duds..........!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Waterlily wrote:

On the way down from NY to the show we are thinking of going a little out of our way just to cross this..

I don't live there but think I read earlier on that the traffic on that thing can be a bitch. You should probably check back through the early posts on this thread.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    I don't live there but think I read earlier on that the traffic on that thing can be a bitch. You should probably check back through the early posts on this thread.

hey thanks - I'll check it out - maybe if we hit it at an off-time we'll be okay - and we'll be listeneing to PJ in the car anyhow to get us psyched up - can't be all that bad! :)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Chesapeake Bay Bridge is ok i think. that's the real long one right? there's a around $10 fee to cross. trivia tidbit: it’s in one of the Mission Impossible movies. I think the third.

It’s the Hampton Bridge TUNNEL that’s a bitch. Use the 664 tunnel, Monitor Merrimac Bridge tunnel.

pj at Da Beach bAbY!

*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    clk019clk019 Posts: 84
    Not sure what time the lot opens, but alcohol is prohibited. Hence the meet-up at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Rock... thanks man.... See you all there... I think it's a day that calls for settin up shop about 3 p.m...

BW3 got a patio?

I, I never wanted
    To write these words down for you
    With the pages of phrases
    Of things we'll never do

07/26/98, 10/8/00, 06/21/03, 9/9/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 5/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    Waterlily wrote:

You should! I love that bridge, it is so beautiful out there!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'll be heading down for the show:) excited to possibly meet some of you:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    You should! I love that bridge, it is so beautiful out there!

Thanks - I have seen pictures and it looks so nice -

and the best part is at the end we'll be just a little closer to hearing our favorite band..
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Waterlily wrote:
    Thanks - I have seen pictures and it looks so nice -

and the best part is at the end we'll be just a little closer to hearing our favorite band..

Great point! :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    From what folks are saying, and the review in the WPB paper, we are in for one hell of a rockin show. Can't wait to see them in the VBch amphitheater!
    Less than one week....
    WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    From what folks are saying, and the review in the WPB paper, we are in for one hell of a rockin show. Can't wait to see them in the VBch amphitheater!
    Less than one week....
    WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
    I know!!

Yeah - here's to a great show - and with any luck, being near the beach we'll get "Oceans" - and maybe "Who You Are"...
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Ok here is a new picture of me, so find me, say hi. I'll see everyone at BWW before the show :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/stpmattb/DSC04072.jpg
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stpmattb wrote:
    Ok here is a new picture of me, so find me, say hi. I'll see everyone at BWW before the show :)

show them a picture without the hat on....I seriously doubt you will be wearing that. Show them that big head of blonde hair you have. :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    clk019clk019 Posts: 84
    stpmattb wrote:

You should bring the guitar to the parking lot.... or what I hope is a BW3 with a patio.... we can have a little session before the show.... little long road... some dusty or bucket by KOL

I, I never wanted
    To write these words down for you
    With the pages of phrases
    Of things we'll never do

07/26/98, 10/8/00, 06/21/03, 9/9/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 5/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    nice pic matt. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    there is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms on tuesday.

walmart sells folded up, pocket size ponchos for $1. I may buy 1.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    there is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms on tuesday.

walmart sells folded up, pocket size ponchos for $1. I may buy 1.

That's ok, because there's 100% chance I'm gonna have a fucking incredible time!!
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    That's ok, because there's 100% chance I'm gonna have a fucking incredible time!!

Couldn't have said it better myself! On a side note...I usually go into a show hoping for three songs that I haven't seen live yet. For instance, at the VB show I'm hoping to hear...

1. marker in the sand
    2. faithful
    3. inside job

Will be MONEY if they play all three, but even 2 would be solid! Thoughts?
  • Options
    cropduster wrote:
    Couldn't have said it better myself! On a side note...I usually go into a show hoping for three songs that I haven't seen live yet. For instance, at the VB show I'm hoping to hear...

1. marker in the sand
    2. faithful
    3. inside job

Will be MONEY if they play all three, but even 2 would be solid! Thoughts?

I haven't seen Faithfull either, and am dying to!

I've seen Marker and Inside Job a few times, but I wouldn't mind seeing both again, although I love Marker in the Sand much more.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I haven't seen Faithfull either, and am dying to!

I've seen Marker and Inside Job a few times, but I wouldn't mind seeing both again, although I love Marker in the Sand much more.

swallowedwords,

I noticed your going to 10 shows. DAMN SON! That's more than I've been to in total! You better come away with some hardware (i.e., Ev pics, drumsticks, setlist sheets)!
  • Options
    cropduster wrote:
    swallowedwords,

I noticed your going to 10 shows. DAMN SON! That's more than I've been to in total! You better come away with some hardware (i.e., Ev pics, drumsticks, setlist sheets)!

LOL, yes, I'm taking full advantage of this tour, and I'm so incredibly excited. Who knows, maybe Matt will throw me a snare drum or a cymbal. :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    LOL, yes, I'm taking full advantage of this tour, and I'm so incredibly excited. Who knows, maybe Matt will throw me a snare drum or a cymbal. :)

That would surely be cool. Are you going to the BW3s meet-up/pre-game beforehand?
  • Options
    cropduster wrote:
    That would surely be cool. Are you going to the BW3s meet-up/pre-game beforehand?

Where is this place? I'd love to go. All I know is that I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Atlantic St. I'm not familiar with VA Beach at all. I'm a Yankee :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    well I am going to have a 110 per cent good time!

it's just that I have hair that get's more out of control than ed's and i would like to stay dry walking into the venue :D plus my make up could run in a heavy downpour. what if i am the lucky one to be in the front row? i don't want to look too ugly.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Where is this place? I'd love to go. All I know is that I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Atlantic St. I'm not familiar with VA Beach at all. I'm a Yankee :)
    the venue is not near the beach!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    do I need to wear sqeeter protection? when i was a child and i lived in va, a truck came around and sprayed our neighborhood for mosquitos.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    the venue is not near the beach!

I know that, but I wanted my hotel to be near the beach :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    well I am going to have a 110 per cent good time!

it's just that I have hair that get's more out of control than ed's and i would like to stay dry walking into the venue :D plus my make up could run in a heavy downpour. what if i am the lucky one to be in the front row? i don't want to look too ugly.

Ha! My thoughts exactly!!

Shopping list:
    Rain pancho
    Rain hat that covers my face!