Options

Virginia Beach!

Comments

• Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    :eek: it's not sold out yet!?

wonder how many people will turn out for BWW with this traffic issue?

I'm not surprised. Some people here don't even know PJ is still together.
    I'm not really worried about the traffic thing. BWW is really close to the amp., I'd say just allow extra time in case there is traffic getting back in. I drove by there the other night, looks like a cool place.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I can't wait to meet you people!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    I'd say get there (BW 3's) early and give yourself plenty of time to get across the street. You DON'T want to miss Kings of Leon, trust me. The waiting is driving me mad. hehe
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    For those carnivores ..Tues is Wing special day.. bonus!
  • Options
    sarah vesarah ve Posts: 43
    milan wrote:
    Doesn't any body take responsibilty and not drink and drive in the US

All I've read on here is how everyone is going to be boozed up and angry as hell trying to get out of the car parks.

Not very PJ!

Milan

I am with you...

I am all about a good time but it is possible w/out getting hammered... I have an hour to drive home afterwards so I might have one, but the cops are like hell around here. I cant remember if it was 2 or 3 years ago but a cop in the county I live in had the most DUI tickets written in the u.s. I think it was for the year but I am not positive. They know when events like this happen and they lie in wait.If you are a tourist they don't mess with you as much but local you have to watch out.
    See you at the beach!! 6/17

~Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities~
    -Voltaire
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    How does the soundcheck work? Can you stand out by the fence to watch? Again, not familiar with the setup at the amphitheater.
  • Options
    Redlegs wrote:
    How does the soundcheck work? Can you stand out by the fence to watch? Again, not familiar with the setup at the amphitheater.

You won't be able to see it from the fence, but you'll def. be able to hear it.
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Low 70's and rain on the 17th according to accuweather.

80 with no rain according to weather.com

I like the first option. Magic happens in the rain! :D
  • Options
    Redlegs wrote:
    Low 70's and rain on the 17th according to accuweather.

80 with no rain according to weather.com

I like the first option. Magic happens in the rain! :D

I was looking at the forecast today, too. I'm glad that it won't be really hot like it has been this week. Rain would be cool, esp. during NAIS and Inside Job! (if they play inside job, hope they do)
  • Options
    sarah vesarah ve Posts: 43
    Redlegs wrote:

Since tha lawn area is on top of this mountain/hill it is in the way of the actual amphitheatre but you will absolutely hear it. You can hear it all the way in the parking lot.
    See you at the beach!! 6/17

~Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities~
    -Voltaire
  • Options
    80 degrees would be heaven. That means, by the time PJ takes the stage, the sun will have gone down and it'll be very comfortable. No sweat-fest!

This is going to be the longest week, ever.
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    80 degrees would be heaven. That means, by the time PJ takes the stage, the sun will have gone down and it'll be very comfortable. No sweat-fest!

This is going to be the longest week, ever.

It's been 98 - 101 degrees in Austin for the past 21 days. 80 would feel like winter to me :) CAN'T WAIT!! I love this venue!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    It's been 98 - 101 degrees in Austin for the past 21 days. 80 would feel like winter to me :) CAN'T WAIT!! I love this venue!

Ouch, we've had three days of 95+ 100% humidity here near D.C. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest of them all, but then it's supposed to cool down. 21 days?!?! That's why I'll never move to Texas. No offense.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Ouch, we've had three days of 95+ 100% humidity here near D.C. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest of them all, but then it's supposed to cool down. 21 days?!?! That's why I'll never move to Texas. No offense.

Actually, I'm originally from Florida....moved here last year and I love it! I like the heat and sunshine, but I also love the state. Texas is nothing like most of us east coasters imagine. It's really beautiful and Austin people are way cool.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    sqrlnuts89sqrlnuts89 Posts: 27
    It's been entirely too hot these last few days here. 80 degrees will feel wonderful, i'll accept rain too if i have to.

ONE MORE WEEK EVERYONE!!!! See you there!
    Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
    Were laid spread out before me as her body once did.
    All five horizons revolved around her soul
    As the earth to the sun
    Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn

DC May 06
    VA Beach June 08
    DC June 08
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    !!!!!!!!

What time at BWW? Am I going to even know anyone? Talk to me...thanks.
  • Options
    clk019clk019 Posts: 84
    Sorry if I missed in the midst of 16 pages.... Anyone know if you can hang out in the parking lot before hand... tailgate and such... or do they shoo you away?

I, I never wanted
    To write these words down for you
    With the pages of phrases
    Of things we'll never do

07/26/98, 10/8/00, 06/21/03, 9/9/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 5/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71
    hey - any VA Beach peoples out there??

We're traveling from Albany and staying at a hotel on VA Beach

Reading past posts looks like we're meeting before hand at:
    BWW?

If so - count me - can you beleive it's next week???? How are we supposed to make it? :)
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    !!!!!!!!

What time at BWW? Am I going to even know anyone? Talk to me...thanks.

P.S.
    Matt - I'll be there ...early.. !
    look forward to meeting all you guys..
  • Options
    clk019 wrote:
    Sorry if I missed in the midst of 16 pages.... Anyone know if you can hang out in the parking lot before hand... tailgate and such... or do they shoo you away?

Not sure what time the lot opens, but alcohol is prohibited. Hence the meet-up at Buffalo Wild Wings.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Actually, I'm originally from Florida....moved here last year and I love it! I like the heat and sunshine, but I also love the state. Texas is nothing like most of us east coasters imagine. It's really beautiful and Austin people are way cool.

I have a few friends who've moved there who love it. I'm looking forward to visiting one day, but I like living where we have all four seasons.
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    How about we meet up between 5-30 and 6? I have a feeling that B-dubs is going to be pretty crowded, so the earlier the better. Should give us enough time to throw back some cold ones and head over to see KOL by 7 30.

How does everybody feel about that?

ONE WEEK! Can't fuckin wait!
  • Options
    cropduster wrote:
    How about we meet up between 5-30 and 6? I have a feeling that B-dubs is going to be pretty crowded, so the earlier the better. Should give us enough time to throw back some cold ones and head over to see KOL by 7 30.

sounds good to me - see you there!
  • Options
    cropduster wrote:

Hopefully, I'll have been there for several hours by that point :)
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Congrats VA Beach on getting the Klausen Poster!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Congrats VA Beach on getting the Klausen Poster!!

Hopefully, it will kick some serious ass
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Hey chall,
    This is my first time posting, (about a millionth time, browsing). I have been a member on and off since 2001 or so. I used to post on theskyiscrape awhile back, but kind of fell off for a long time.
    Anywho, I will be making the long haul from Peoria, IL to VAB with three of my friends 16 hours in a car in one straight shot. We will be there monday until thursday morning. We will be stayin in the Wyndhamm (i think, my friend has that info). We plan on meeting at B-Dubs before the show, but will be looking for cool people to meet and partay with the day before and after the show.
    This is my sixth show, but my friends have only been to one show, and I don't even know if it counted - Lollapalooza. I'm looking to show them how dope the PJ crowd is.
    I hope to see many of your friendly smiling faces at B-dubs and the show. Even though I'm not active online, I know that you are all very chill people as I have met so many at the shows I've been to. Anyway I shall be rockin my 2000 tie dye shirt (got it at the ice bowl, yeeeaaaa) with holes all over it. holler at me. (BTW, sorry i don't have a myspace or facebook, still a little too creepy in my book)
  • Options
    IF anyone wants to definitely meet up gimme a call (PM me for the number).
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    woo-hoooooo........beo-itches!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options