Options

Virginia Beach!

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hope the smoke stays away. I had a hard time breathing Saturday when I went out.

Fires down to the south. Smoke was blowing this way Saturday.

It better not ruin Tues! are the fires out yet?

Bring your inhaler if you have asthma.

Wow, thanks bb227. I wasn't aware that there were fires in Florida (what can I say - don't see the news much) much less that the smoke from them was heading into VA. GREAT TIP!! Thanks for the heads up - that shit really messes me up.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    pjinmauipjinmaui Posts: 2
    We have club tickets for Va Beach and will be in columbia tomorrow night w/my girl. So looking forward to this especially with my job going to crap the last few weeks, these shows have been something to look forward to. Been listening to the Gorge boxset for the last couple of weeks!!

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!! PUMPED!!!
    Lollapalooza '92(First), Charlotte '96(Best to date), Maui '98, Raleigh '98, Knoxville '98, Va Beach '98, Va Beach '00, Charlotte '00, Greensboro '00, Atlanta '00, Raleigh '03, Charlotte '03, Nashville '03, Atlanta '03, Bristow(DC) '03, Asheville '04, DC '06, Columbia '08, Va Beach '08, Philly '09, Bristow(DC)'10...and counting!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    na the fires are on the VA NC line.
    today it wasn't smoky by the way. but you never know.

ouch! hope you have some aloe matt!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    Arrived in VB this evening from London - its humid and due to get hotter and even more humid according to locals.

For those in Europe its like Blackpool or Benidorm but with really really good seafood if tonights dinner is anything to go by.

It is going to be a full moon on Tuesday - this has to have been planned by the band.

Any one else arrived in town last day or so.

Milan
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    pirljamgirlpirljamgirl Posts: 259
    how far is buffalo wild wings from the amphitheater? is it walking distance?

don't want to drive to the show. hoping to catch a cab to buffalo and walk to the amphitheater...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    I have a grass ticket... i think face value is 42$. anyone need one? make me an offer through email... ryan.tyler.williams@gmail.com
  • Options
    sqrlnuts89sqrlnuts89 Posts: 27

don't want to drive to the show. hoping to catch a cab to buffalo and walk to the amphitheater...

Word in the forum is that it's right across the street if i'm not mistaken. but don't trust me on that one haha! i don't know the area very well. i live a couple hours north of VA beach, and have only been there a few times.

BUT TWO MORE DAYS EVERYONE!!!! I really need this concert right now. haha.

anyone else going to The DC show too??
    Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
    Were laid spread out before me as her body once did.
    All five horizons revolved around her soul
    As the earth to the sun
    Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn

DC May 06
    VA Beach June 08
    DC June 08
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160

Looks like it's about a mile away.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=verizon+wireless+ampitheatre+virginia+beach+va&daddr=buffalo+wild+wings+virginia+beach+va&sll=36.771342,-76.080537&sspn=0.023239,0.037594&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Tomorrow is going to so much fun! :) I am so excited :D
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    stpmattb wrote:
    Tomorrow is going to so much fun! :) I am so excited :D

It's going to be an amazing time!!!
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I wouldn’t recommend walking. The amphitheater is way off the street and the parking lot is huge. But I guess you could if you really wanted to.

I hope they have a good medic system. It’s smoky again today but not as bad as Saturday. People with asthma be prepared. I wish there was a better way to get the word out. It may rain during the day. That would really help. Bring visine too for itchy eyes.

• Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    milan wrote:
    It is going to be a full moon on Tuesday - this has to have been planned by the band.

Milan

I think there was a full moon the last time they played there. Anyone remember? I remember Ed saying to look at it or the sky ..something like that.
  • Options
    do you realize DC 06 was on a tuesday too? :)

• Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    does anyone know if they usually have a merch table setup outside the gates?
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    i got id wrote:
    does anyone know if they usually have a merch table setup outside the gates?

I don't think so, no.
  • Options
    dmelliotdmelliot Posts: 29
    i believe he made the comment about the moon in charlotte of that year. (charlotte was the night after va beach) he may have asked us if we could see the moon...but i know he told us to in charlotte.

However it was a little wet and he did tell the folks on the lawn to be careful up there. ha!

im pumped. where we drinking before hand?
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Look for me in the parking lot!!!!
    PURL JAM Virginia tags!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    See you fools tomorrow. I'll be sportin' the black McCready pick shirt. If any of you beach dwellers want to share some cab rides or have some extra room in your 1971 Ford Pinto, that'd be awesome
  • Options
    I have 4 tickets in section 201 that I'll sell for less than face for anybody who wants them. I really don't want these to go to waste. I'm devastated that I can't make it to this show! My 2 favorite bands in the world.

Respond to post or call me, and I'll have them at will call for whoever wants em.

Evan
    612-590-1179
  • Options
    dmelliot wrote:
    i believe he made the comment about the moon in charlotte of that year. (charlotte was the night after va beach) he may have asked us if we could see the moon...but i know he told us to in charlotte.

However it was a little wet and he did tell the folks on the lawn to be careful up there. ha!

im pumped. where we drinking before hand?

It was VA Beach 2000. Right at the beginning of Insignificance. It had been cloudy most of the day, even rained a little bit at the beginning of the show, but the moon peaked out right over the lawn. Pretty cool.
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    It was VA Beach 2000. Right at the beginning of Insignificance. It had been cloudy most of the day, even rained a little bit at the beginning of the show, but the moon peaked out right over the lawn. Pretty cool.

You're absolutely right.....i'm listening to the boot right now!

As for tonight....it's going to be FUCKING AWESOME!!!

The walk from b-dubs to the venue is prob about a mile.....but, it may well be a good idea b/c traffic getting into the amph is always a bitch. Still not sure what I'm gonna do, but I could use the walking since I will miss two days of marathon training for the show! if anybody else is up to it, let me know!

Looking forward to seeing you all!
  • Options
    bkat73bkat73 Posts: 5
    if anyone is looking for a ticket or two, i have two 10 club seats i can't use tonight. you can either email (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:stoung13@yahoo.com">stoung13@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->) or pm me. can't make the show and i'm super bummed but i will be there to pick up the tickets and hand them off to you, so let me know!
  • Options
    SueSue Posts: 36
    there are tix avail on Ticketmaster, I just pulled 2 for section 101 row K.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'm excited for tonight..taking a friend to her first pj show!! Ok I'm sitting on the beach, gonna go enjoy the water:) YEAH!! I'm so excited for tonight!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    brett1979brett1979 Posts: 1
    So I'm an idiot and accidentally bought 2 tix to this show instead of DC (which also has a verizon center). Can anyone use these? I would be fine with $30 each which is less than half of face value for these. They are awesome seats - section 102, row T.

They are email tickets so I can send at any time.

Thanks!

Brett
  • Options
    RonMex7RonMex7 Posts: 1
    Anybody have an idea how bad the traffc is going to be? I'm coming from Richmond, so I'm thinking maybe two hours to get there?