Options

**Vedder Poster **Winner announced**

dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
In celebration of Eddie Vedders upcoming tour I will be giving away this Gary Saderup charcoal drawing poster. It measures 20x24 and is a realy nice print of a young Eddie. I was told that Eddie actualy sat for Gary to do this drawing. Thats what the guy at the gallery told me. Maybe if some one from the 10 club sees this they can confirm or deny. :D

To enter just post some story on here that involves you and Eddie. It can be a meeting. Or could be that his voice is so unique thats why you love listening to him sing. Or just post you want a chance at winning the poster :D

Shipping on me any where in the world. Sorry Mars residents are disqualified.

The winner of the Vedder poster is kellanazzie

Thank you for all of you entering and sharing your stories. I realy wish I had more of these posters to share with all of you. Thanks again :D

th_2012-03-05210401.jpg

If you dont want the poster, post a story and I can ship it off to a Wish List Pre-Party of your choice on your behalf :D
Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    In albany I ran up to the front of the stage during hard sun and eddie leaned over so I could pat him on the back. Memories like that will never fade.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • Options
    I'm going to Jacksonville for both nights and if I get the chance I will tell Eddie what a beautiful human being he is. Although when I was younger I drifted in life, but whenever I returned Eddie was there whispering in my ear or screaming in my soul and painting in song what life felt to me at one time or another.

Thank you dwhite76 for this beyond generous contest and my congrats to whomever wins!
    Love ain’t love until you give it up
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I have no good stories :(

But I'd love the chance to win! And who knows maybe one day I'll be able to post a pic of me and Eddie :D

Thank you Dwhite this is crazy awesome of you!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Touched his Dock Martin boot when he dove into the crowd at the Edmonton show in 1993!
    Don you're awesome sauce!
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    In mid-1992 a group of friends and I went down to Tijuana to finally go see PJ play for the first time. We were able to get some tickets to the show, though not all of us. Not long before the show started Ed came out and asked how many of us needed tixs. He went back inside for a few minutes and came back out and handed all of us who were empty handed passes to get into the show...I will never forget that moment for as long as I live.
  • Options
    Detroit show last year, waited for bout 2 hrs beside the fox for Ed to get there. Leave to go get beers, pulls up about 10 min later and shakes everyones hand. WTF.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    no story but you can count me in.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    Thanks for sharing so far. I love reading about every ones memorable moments. :)
  • Options
    Never met the man, would love to just express my appreciationg, but through this deployment his music has made me be more at ease is a very stressful environment and able to complete my mission daily. Thanks for the chance dwhite!
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    Don you the man, awesome giveaway.

When I saw the picture my first thought was damn if i had that it would be a good free pass for me to watch pearl jam boots without my girlfriend complaining. I could just say look at that awesome print of young eddie.

Haha, you know all to well what I go through with her and her love of young Eddie.

Awesome giveaway
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    I once, in high school, ordered a pizza as Eddie Vedder :lol:

Also, at the New Orleans 03 show at the UNO Lakefront arena, I was in about the 8th row center and attempting to leave early :oops: ( I know), I had to work really early (6 am) and had a 3 hour drive home and was exhausted. This was the only time ever at a show, I was gonna skip out a little early to beat the crowd and get home. However, after "Know Your Rights" I was attempting my exit when I hear over the mic "We're not done with you yet!" I turn around and I swear he is looking right at me and my friend! Needless to say, I smiled and returned to my seat. Never left a PJ show early since :D . In fact, if you go listen to the boot from the 03 show, you can hear him say it right after KYR. So, thanks Ed, for making me realize my mistake and feeling like a zombie the next day at work :lol: .

Thanks for the chance btw, that print is amazing!
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    When I buy one of the donation cards at the supermarket for a charity and they ask me to put my name on it so they can hang it on the wall. I always sign it Eddie Vedder or one of the other band mates :lol:

I wonder if any one ever reads them :?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    I have met eddie a few times at shows, and I was blown away on each occasion at how 'human' he is....thats it. A legend.
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    Shipping on me any where in the world. Sorry Mars residents are disqualified.

:lol: i just watched John Carter, apparently Mars is called Basoon by its residents! :lol: And I'm glad they are disqualified! :lol:
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    pretty sure he saw me at the philly 3 show, that's about the only encounter I've had with him.

thanks for the chance
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    dwhite76 wrote:
    When I buy one of the donation cards at the supermarket for a charity and they ask me to put my name on it so they can hang it on the wall. I always sign it Eddie Vedder or one of the other band mates :lol:

I wonder if any one ever reads them :?

I'm guilty of something similar to this as well :lol:

I also still use Jerome Turner quite a bit for random things.

Anyway, won't take up anymore of your thread, thanks again.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    I have never met Eddie, although I really hope I have the opportunity some day!

My story would be about the first time I ever heard Ed sing. It was October 2010 at the Bridge School, which was the night I "discovered" PJ. Being a great Neil fan (for over 40 years now!!), I had never been to Bridge before, and 2010 was the year I decided to go. My husband and I were sitting there, waiting for PJ to take the stage. When the first song began (it was "Last Kiss", which funnily enough was the only song I had ever heard on the radio by PJ :lol: ), I turned to my husband and said, "Oh my God, would you listen to that man's voice??" And my life hasn't been the same since! I never dreamed that loving a band and being part of their community of fans could bring so much joy. I bless the day I found them! (to quote another song :) )

Don, thanks for the chance-great likeness of a young Eddie! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    Last visit I saw Ed was front row @ the Hamilton '11 show.
    Could of sworn he blinked at me a few times up close. :oops:

Sweet giveaway, Don!
  • Options
    Never met Eddie, but he invited me to this really cool private get together in Michigan end the summer last. He put on quite a show! But, alas. He was too busy being the good host to buy me a beer. Can't wait until he does his little shindig again!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    edited March 2012
    Would love to sit & have a discussion with Ed. Have a few beers, watch the water. Talk about the earth, the causes important to him & the band. Puget Sound, Alaskan Fisheries & the Oceans, his inspirations....
    Its hard to put into words when you feel so much, from the first moment I heard the first note from Ten.
    His voice alone can bring solace, sustenance, comfort, release.
    Very awesome of you Don, thank you for the chance. 8-)
    Post edited by kellanazzie on
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Thanks so much for the chance! Never met Eddie, but hope to one day......dreams CAN come true, right?
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I took the whole family to LA in 08 to see an Eddie show at the Wiltern. We all went to Dennys after the show for coffee and dessert and made it back behind the Wiltern and waited for Ed to come out.

There were such a bunch of arrogant (and downright stupid) paparazzi waiting for him. One d-bag had an armful of stuff he just had to get signed so he could hawk it on ebay, another was just rambling about the celebs they had successfully stalked. What a bunch of fucking morons!

We tried to stay on the edge of the crowd with just the hope that my kids would get a chance to see and say hello to my man-crush ;) Ed finally came out, and his security detail (wasnt Big Black, but close) told us he would stop and say hello, but no handshakes or pictures. Seemed okay to me. So I put my 12 year old daughter on my shoulders and my 16 years old son in front of me and held our ground against these idiots with cameras and schwag.... Ed didnt stay for too long, but he did shake a few hands and did smile and nod at the rest of us. Just before he climbed on the bus, he looked at my daughter, smiled, nodded and went on with his life.

We did too. But that little nod of acknowledgement felt like the first day of sunshine after a very long winter. The man has class.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Hey Don - I've yet to meet Eddie - but I am pretty sure I will - where he and I are fishing with a few beers - and by I will meet him one day and we will be fishing with a few beers - I clearly mean one day I will be so drunk while passed out in a boat that I will think he is with me.

Ah - memories.

Cheers and thanks for the chance.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Thanx for the chance.
    Waited till two in the morning outside the royal albert hall in london for Eddie to leave.
    Once he appeared his body gaurd parted a sea in the crowd for Ed to make his escape
    to the waiting van. Only got a glimpse of him, but it made my life.
  • Options
    spencer958spencer958 Louisville, KY Posts: 279
    Never had the chance to meet Eddie, or any of the boys. Maybe someday. I always loved his voice. Like David Letterman said-"If I had this guys voice you could all kiss my ass". Thank for the chance!!!
  • Options
    My husband and I went to see Ed at the Tower Theatre 6/2009 w/ Liam Finn. Before the encore we rushed to the front to get a close view, we're pretty sure that he gave us a nod during 'Hard Sun'.

One day I'd love to have an opportunity to shake his hand (don't we all) ;)

Thanks for the chance!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    DocHinchyDocHinchy Posts: 125
    No story but great piece, don`t have the space. Think it would draw some loot. So if I`m chosen please pass it along to Elwayvedder for his charity work. Peaasss
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    DocHinchy wrote:
    No story but great piece, don`t have the space. Think it would draw some loot. So if I`m chosen please pass it along to Elwayvedder for his charity work. Peaasss

:thumbup:

Thanx Doc. Good idea. Don, you know my story, if you can remember LOL. If I win, mine too will be sold off here to do some good things. thanks for the chance
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Detroit show last year, waited for bout 2 hrs beside the fox for Ed to get there. Leave to go get beers, pulls up about 10 min later and shakes everyones hand. WTF.

:lol: i did just the opposite....waited 2hrs AFTER the show only to discover later he's across the street taking batting practice with Chelios and Cusak...

Closest Eddie moment was in Ottawa last year, 3rd row, getting ready to catch the tambourine, and he points and gestures to me that he's tossing it to the girl standing right beside me :lol:

Thanks for the chance Don!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Drank Eddie's wine with the rest of the first two rows during Crazy Mary in Fargo 2003.
    I'm not Catholic, but that was like Holy Communion.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg