Options

**Vedder Poster **Winner announced**

Comments

• Options
    casserickcasserick Posts: 59
    I have no good story to tell, but I hope to meet him in Tulsa.....Thanks for the chance for an awesome poster.
    Minneapolis 6/30/98 ** Chicago 5/16/06 ** St. Paul 6/27/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Cleveland 5/9/10 ** Buffalo 5/10/10 ** Chicago 6/28/11 (E.V.) ** Chicago 6/29/11 (E.V.) ** Minneapolis 7/2/11 (E.V.) ** Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ** Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ** Tulsa 11/18/12 (E.V.) ** Tulsa 11/19/12 (E.V.)
  • Options
    When I hear Eddie's voice, it fills me with such raw emotion - I can't help but cry sometimes. It may seem over-dramatic, but it really isn't and I imagine it feels the same way to all you awesome Ed-lovers!! You all have such amazing Eddie stories that I can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy - it's been my life-long dream to someday meet Ed and tell him how much his music has carried me through life. His lyrics seem to mirror my whole existence sometimes. At his solo shows, he'll be chatting with the crowd being super humble and awesome - and I swear, it's me who he is chatting to the whole time... everyone else just seems to fade away. The black velvet jacket is an inside story just between Ed and I, by the way :)

There was a time when I almost had the chance to shake his hand (or so I hoped) after his solo show in Vancouver '08. My friend and I were waiting outside in the alley of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, where a small group of devoted fans were there waiting patiently for Eddie to leave. About a half hour in, a super obnoxious drunk girl sauntered up with her boyfriend, and proceeded to have a yelling match right outside the door - where she then proceeded to yell at anyone who was listening to her 'private' discussion, and attempted to go inside through the back door. Needless to say, Ed was not cool with that and left through the front and took a taxi. I, along with everyone, was crushed. It's no exaggeration when I say, that girl was lucky to get out of there without a severe ass-kicking. We all left with our broken hearts in our hands.
    I just hope that Eddie keeps on doing what he does - we're so lucky to have him in our lives - and he's somebody that I cherish every day.

Thanks for the chance to win your amazing and generous giveaway :D
    "That guy you used to be, he’s still in the car. He’ll always be in the car. Just don’t let him drive." -- Eddie
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Wow, you're doing a giveaway too? Very cool! Don't include me, but I will share!

Waited outside the Beacon after night 1, think it was 2+ hours? Can't remember now. Ed finally comes out and I thought for sure all that waiting was for nothing but sure enough of all the hands reaching out he managed to grab mine, and he made eye contact and said thank you. I tried to say, "No, thank YOU" but there were a ton of screaming people around me so he quickly made his way to the opposite end where there were less screaming people and talked to some fans.

It was more like a lingering hand-hold than a handshake. Ed's got soft hands :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    I bet you never wanted to wash that hand! :mrgreen:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Wow, you're doing a giveaway too? Very cool! Don't include me, but I will share!

Waited outside the Beacon after night 1, think it was 2+ hours? Can't remember now. Ed finally comes out and I thought for sure all that waiting was for nothing but sure enough of all the hands reaching out he managed to grab mine, and he made eye contact and said thank you. I tried to say, "No, thank YOU" but there were a ton of screaming people around me so he quickly made his way to the opposite end where there were less screaming people and talked to some fans.

It was more like a lingering hand-hold than a handshake. Ed's got soft hands :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    I bet you never wanted to wash that hand! :mrgreen:
    Suziemay wrote:

I might have waited until the next morning :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dan46erdan46er Posts: 157
    Never met Ed but believe it or not, my wife and I met via myspace. Every time her page came up "Big Hard Sun" came on. I'd love to get this to give to her on our third anniversary this May.
    Buffalo 05/10/10, Buffalo 10/12/13, Brooklyn 10/19/13

"I seem to recognize your face, haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it..."
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Keep the stories comming guys. Heck even if you dont win donate the poster to one of the Wish List Pre-Parties. Like one of the Vegas shows,Phoenix, and or Albuquerque. Ill be at those shows Ill bring it to them or I can ship it to another show of your choice in your name :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    Well, my story begins with the search for the PJ's tour bus after the Montreal 2011 show. Me and a couple friends spotted a bus and gear behind a barrier but it was guarded, so we hung around the garage where the bus would be leaving to hopefully get a glimpse of the band. However a black van with heavily tinted windows came out carrying the band (PJ) and I just stopped dead in my tracks and stared. I was within a couple feet of Pearl Jam! Damn my jaw must have been on the floor and they have probably had a good laugh at me I bet!

Thanks for the opportunity! You're very generous.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    That is awesome Don, you are great guy :clap: :thumbup:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    A STORY

If its me that wins Don, send it to whatever wishlist preparty elwayvedder and DirtyTom are working their asses off at or attending.

Nice Giveaway, pretty fella that Vedder was..
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hi Don! :wave: really lovely poster and very generous of you. Wish I had a story for you, I loved seeing him tell some fella off for being rough to a woman in the audience here in 2009. If I win please donate this to a Wishlist Preparty of your choosing. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Keep the stories comming guys. Heck even if you dont win donate the poster to one of the Wish List Pre-Parties. Like one of the Vegas shows,Phoenix, and or Albuquerque. Ill be at those shows Ill bring it to them or I can ship it to another show of your choice in your name :D
    :oops: :oops: I didn't even think about that.

How about you put me back in, and if I win, you can bring it to any of the Wishlist Pre-Parties of your choosing. Maybe one where your furry friend will be there as well :lol::lol:
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    i dont have any good stories to tell, however every time i hear him sing its like hes talking to me, his music is unbelievable and it still gives me chills sometimes listening to his voice!! i will be a die hard ed/pj fan for life, nothing compares!!!!! thanks for the chance to win!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    man_uv_the_hourman_uv_the_hour Toronto Posts: 107
    A couple stories I'll try to make as short as possible.
    Eddie came to Toronto for 2 shows in 2008 which is always amazing cuz it's difficult for me to travel, otherwise I'd be following them on tours for sure. First night before the show, probably a hundred people waiting for him to come out of his bus (which we could see him in). When he finally did, a screaming girl tried running up to him but was stopped, so to be a nice guy, (as he was already up the stairs going into the venue), he reached in his pocket and dropped a handful of picks. The girl ran over and of course I wanted one so I went running. The guard that had held her let her go after the picks as he held me, saying 'they're for her'. This girl must've got at least 10 picks and refused to give me one. I was pretty mad but thought 'if I'm just a good guy, maybe something better will come'.
    End of the show that night, Eddie allowed the first few rows to come stand by the front of the stage for the last couple songs. During Hard Sun, I'm on the left side as he's walking along from center stage to the right side doing little handshakes with everyone in front. I'm kinda upset once again for missing the handshake by just a few feet but then he comes walking towards the left side of the stage. He stops right in front of me, turns his back to the crowd and lets himself fall back off the stage landing right in my arms. Awesome.

Second night, after the show, waiting outside for Eddie to come out with probably about 300 people. After an interesting series of events, a security guard gives me a 'tip' on which door he's gonna come out of. So, while about 300 people are waiting by the back door with his bus, I'm standing all alone by the front entrance of Massey Hall. I'm waiting and waiting and finally I notice what's supposedly Eddie's driver coming up the block. I look back again towards the closed front doors as I notice one door opens just enough for someone to peek out of. Just then, the doors fly open as Vedder comes out surrounded by about 8 guards. Trying to sound as least threatening as possible, but needing to be loud enough to get his attention, with only about 2 seconds to make it happen as he only had about 5 steps from the doors to his car, I force out a simple "Eddie?", but one of the security team already had me in a bear hug, smiling at me and saying 'sorry'. Devastated.
    Any normal star trying to avoid a mob of fans would just jump in the car and be gone. But Eddie is no normal star.
    Instead of getting in the car, he stops and looks at me, then looks at the guard holding me, and says 'It's okay, I know him. Let him through."
    The guards parted as I walked up the middle between them, and I can't really describe the feeling. Eddie only stayed a couple minutes, but he was so nice. As I said 'thank you' for the last time before he left, a handshake woulda been cool, but he actually gave me a hug.

There's amazing actors and athletes and singers and everything, but Eddie is my actual, number one hero, so this meeting will always be one of my favorite moments of my life.
    And it's not just that he's an awesome guy, it's the lyrics. I'm quoting his lyrics all the time. Pearl Jam songs are not just songs. They're used to celebrate good times and help through the bad. They guide me, raise my spirits and give me hope.
    One of my favorite lines ever comes from Down. "If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done".
    Eddie has inspired me to become a better person and I will be forever grateful.

And I would love to have that poster. :D
  • Options
    Sorry for the huge post. Guess I coulda made it shorter.
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    No story…sorry. Just take it to the wishlist party in Phoenix. :D
  • Options
    Sorry for the huge post. Guess I coulda made it shorter.

Hell No.

I enjoyed every word of your story. Im glad you didnt leave any thing out. You quoted one of my favorite lyrics at the end of your story.

Thank you for sharing that story. And to the Crazy woman with all those picks heres a few words to try not to live by ;)

It's a disease,... and they're all green
    It emanates from their being
    A satiation,.. with occupation

And like weeds,.. with big leaves
    Stealing light from what's beneath
    Where they have more,...
    Still they take more

Course I know,.. then I don't
    There's a stowaway with my throat
    It's deceiving...
    I don't believe him

We can scream,.. out our doors
    Behind the wall a fat man snores
    In his dreams he's,...
    Choking Ti leaves

Well I guess
    There's nothing wrong with what you say
    But don't sell me,
    'There can't be better ways'

Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Turns out
    He's the one making waves

I said
    There's nothing wrong with what you say
    Believe me
    Just asking you to sway
    No white
    Or black
    Just grey
    Can you feel this...
    World with your heart and not your brain?

G-R-E-E-D..... G-R-E-E-D
  • Options
    Awesome, glad you enjoyed.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    My Chris and I are holding a Pre Show Party and Fundraiser in May at the Clearwater Shows.I really don't have a ny great Ed stories but.I remember waiting for them to leave the House of Blues in Orlando in 2003.And being so shocked of how short he is close up. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 631
    I love Eddie, and I want that poster!
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    The first time i met Ed was after a solo show in Memphis. When i met him i completely forgot everything that i had wanted to say to him. I remembered during his set a story he told about his daughter and explaining songs from Into The Wild to her. At the time i was a beaming :D new father of a daughter who was only 2 months so i ended up showing Ed a picture of her and talking about being a father with him. It was a great night and one i wont soon forget. On a side note i have had a few people ask me about my avatar picture and what im showing Ed and it was my daughters picture.
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    I got nuthin'......... :yawn:
    But I'll get back to you after the Southern shows with a good story hopefully :thumbup:
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    But I'll get back to you after the Southern shows with a good story hopefully :thumbup:

You have 1 ticket to the furry fun farm. :lol:
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

You have 1 ticket to the furry fun farm. :lol:

Can I get a refund??? :shock: :?
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Would love to have this for the Dallas preparty . Thanks for the chance
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    I don't really have a good story, but count me in for the giveaway ! Thanks for the chance
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    :D
  • Options
    13 days till I pick a winner :lol:
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,848
    in arizona we were front row at desert pavilion stone side...just a show short of PJ10...EV looked down to a woman standing right next me...he was handing his tambrine to her...I compulsively snatched it...i know uncool...i had it for a few minutes then he looked kind of pissed so i went to hand it back to the girl and someone else grabbed it and it got passed around for a while and made it back to her...

Mike Watt EV DG at Tramps NYC 97ish...great show...

If you pick me give the poster to the tamborine girl