Options

Co-Workers..

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Don't cut your nails in front of me.
    Don't floss your teeth in front of me.

eww eww EWWW! :sick:

there is a thread about these specific co-worker habits somewhere...where's 81...he'll find that thread in 2 seconds flat.

(this one time...in a movie theater, before the previews started...the lady in front of me was flossing her teeth, yapping away to her seatmate and flossing away...then she tossed the floss on the sticky floor)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Don't cut your nails in front of me.
    Don't floss your teeth in front of me.

eww eww EWWW! :sick:

there is a thread about these specific co-worker habits somewhere...where's 81...he'll find that thread in 2 seconds flat.

(this one time...in a movie theater, before the previews started...the lady in front of me was flossing her teeth, yapping away to her seatmate and flossing away...then she tossed the floss on the sticky floor)

That's disgusting!!!! We have restrooms for these scenarios!! And that sound...hearing that sound of the floss flicking against the teeth..:sick::sick::sick:
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    We're allowed to listen to music with a single ear bud.

When I get annoyed (which is often), I simply put the other ear bud in and crank it.

So, I don't "deal" with them at all :lol:
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Pearl Jam Radio works well on most days.
    Crank that shit loud and drop the f-bombs accordingly 8-)

:lol: This is what I do.

Which might make *me* the annoying co-worker for some people. :lol:

But seriously...I have my own office, thank goodness, so I can get away with cranking it up...maybe not 'loud'...but loud enough to keep me deep into the music all day...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    my new neighbor has taken to putting inspirational messages on his little door message board. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    we have a guy that has started taking naps at lunchtime in an empty cubicle on the main aisle by laying flat on the floor. He has his own pillow.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    we have a guy that has started taking naps at lunchtime in an empty cubicle on the main aisle by laying flat on the floor. He has his own pillow.

:fp:

we got a guy that naps in his office with his door closed..

and anouther guy that used to go out ot his car.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

very tempted to drop a heavy object right next to him to make a loud noise. or water. or just throw something from here.

of course I would never do such a thing. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Wait, is there something wrong with napping in your office with the door closed :oops:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    better in your office than on the floor
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and right where everyone that walks by can see.

maybe the floor could be pre-soaked with something..........hmmmmmm....... :think:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

maybe the floor could be pre-soaked with something..........hmmmmmm....... :think:

crazy glue?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

crazy glue?

yes, yes....that could work. but I was thinking something more along the lines of pee
  • Options
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I can't believe no one says anything to this guy.....I'm pretty sure if I tried sleeping in an empty cube on my lunch break, someone would say something to me.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I had a guy that used to go out to his car to freshen up. He was drinking.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I've often wished there was somewhere to take a nap at lunchtime at work. Don't hassle the sleeper guy I say. My last job the Wellington office had a sickbay. I suppose people used that for lunchtime naps when required.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I've often wished there was somewhere to take a nap at lunchtime at work. Don't hassle the sleeper guy I say. My last job the Wellington office had a sickbay. I suppose people used that for lunchtime naps when required.

we have a milking room
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    UGH I have one of those co-workers where everything happens to her...and whatever does happen it's the end of the world. She once left work in a panic (causing a big scene) because her niece hadn't taken a shit in a few days and she had to take her to the hospital. She also threw tantrums because a co-worker was advanced within the department over her....and threw a tantrum when my bosses gave me employee of the month. She didn't talk to me the rest of the day. But if I don't talk to her or if I'm particularly quiet one day, I get endless emails "Are you mad at me? Did I do something to upset you? Please tell me if I did." My desk is right behind hers so if I sigh or show any signs of discontent, she thinks it's because I'm mad at her. If my boss calls me into the office, she always emails me right when I get back saying "Is everything ok? I hope I'm not in trouble." Damn woman. :fp:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    my new next door office mate needs a talking too....

first day he has had music....and he has it loud....

today's selections have included

eye of the tiger
    danger zone
    some phil collins song

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    my new next door office mate needs a talking too....

first day he has had music....and he has it loud....

today's selections have included

eye of the tiger
    danger zone
    some phil collins song

Just get up and slam your door shut....that should send a message.
  • Options
    i was thinking.....i'd just get a bigger stereo.....

i'm prepared for an arms race
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i was thinking.....i'd just get a bigger stereo.....

i'm prepared for an arms race

Or you can take the mature route.... :lol:
  • Options
    i think it's the rocky sound track

Burning Heart is on now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I get a lot of very weird smells
  • Options
    i fully expect a mullet by the end of the month :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I get a lot of very weird smells

are they self produced
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my co-workers can all suck it! today is my last day of work 8-)
  • Options
    today it's mothballs
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    my co-workers can all suck it! today is my last day of work 8-)

clearly that calls for some hi jinx
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg