Options

Co-Workers..

Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
How do you guys deal with annoying co-workers?
I have to deal with it every single day..Makes me want to SCREAM every chance I get. :evil:
7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shut my door
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    thats the problem with relatives and co-workers..you cant choose them...
    ..drink a glass of pink lemonade and ignore them...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I don’t really have any annoying co-workers. I’m a people person though, so what annoys you may not annoy me. :D
  • Options
    Ah~ pink lemonade sounds goooooood.
    My only problem is, I literally work right next to her...it's HORRID!
    I go through a mental breakdown almost every day!
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I wonder how many people don't realize how annoying they are?

I mean everybody is annoying to someone else... everyone finds someone else annoying
    usually those not like ourselves or those we are envious of for whatever reason.

"Birds of a feather flock together" ... “Envy shoots at others and wounds itself”

best way to avoid being annoyed ... remain positive
    turn it to a plus and ignore the rest
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    When you're being annoyed by them as they're speaking to you and the time comes for your reply, say, "Do you make your lunch or take the bus to school" and walk away.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    then,make it look like accident...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    Annoying co-workers seem to be at every job I have ever had :-) but the cure for me is to get some Pearl Jam stuck in my head (my form of meditation). That, plus not focusing on the clock, may help ease the stupidity-induced headache others bring to you :-) good luck and hang in there!
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    Annoying co-workers seem to be at every job I have ever had :-) but the cure for me is to get some Pearl Jam stuck in my head (my form of meditation). That, plus not focusing on the clock, may help ease the stupidity-induced headache others bring to you :-) good luck and hang in there!

Thank you! I do play my music from my computer. I have to keep the volume super low but you're right, getting some music in the head does indeed help. Just listen to the music and shut out every other noise around me..
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Radio works well on most days.
    Crank that shit loud and drop the f-bombs accordingly 8-)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    Pearl Jam Radio works well on most days.
    Crank that shit loud and drop the f-bombs accordingly 8-)

Too funny! I have seen customers give me all sorts of looks when live pj is on :mrgreen:
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    How do you guys deal with annoying co-workers?
    I have to deal with it every single day..Makes me want to SCREAM every chance I get. :evil:

worked with a real witch-bitch
    when i was new and she would withhold information so i would make mistakes
    she would make disparaging remarks out loud deliberately to bait me
    what worked best was to ignore her
    sometimes no reaction is the best reaction
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I too have an annoying workmate who sits right next to me. The days when she's not in the office are SO much nicer! I'm desperately looking for another atm anyway(not because of her, because the job sux - crap $, boring...) so a kind of consoling myself with 'hopefully not for much longer'.....!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I work from home so I don't really have to deal with co-workers that often! :D
    I do have some annoying-ass managers who call me up and piss me off from time to time though.
  • Options
    then,make it look like accident...

:lol:
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I too have an annoying workmate who sits right next to me. The days when she's not in the office are SO much nicer! I'm desperately looking for another atm anyway(not because of her, because the job sux - crap $, boring...) so a kind of consoling myself with 'hopefully not for much longer'.....!!

Honestly, people really shouldn't have to endure working with someone in such a close vicinity! No matter how nice people may be, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, every single day (except weekends obvee) should NOT happen! I can't be around friends or family members that often! A little separation is all I ask for.
    At least so I can play my music :D I can't play a lot of them cause she hears it. :(
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Retreat to your 'happy place' and block her out! :mrgreen:

Headphones for the music?
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    mca47 wrote:
    I work from home so I don't really have to deal with co-workers that often! :D
    I do have some annoying-ass managers who call me up and piss me off from time to time though.

Same here - work from home 3 days a week. No annoying co-workers here, except the dogs when the mailman comes.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Shoot them. :P
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Retreat to your 'happy place' and block her out! :mrgreen:

Headphones for the music?

I wish..No headphones allowed :(
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Shoot them. :P

The thought has crossed my mind many times! Hahaha :lol:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    morello wrote:

Honestly, people really shouldn't have to endure working with someone in such a close vicinity! No matter how nice people may be, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, every single day (except weekends obvee) should NOT happen! I can't be around friends or family members that often! A little separation is all I ask for.
    At least so I can play my music :D I can't play a lot of them cause she hears it. :(
    Worst thing is she infiltrates my weekend as well as she goes to the same gym as me!! AAAAGH!!! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Thankfully I can listen to my headphones at work, so I just turn up the volume and get my shit done when people start annoying me.
  • Options
    Have you considered Skrillex?
    (Skip to 1:00)
    http://youtu.be/ux0Q2W-vGGU

I mean, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right?
    Annoy the shiz outta that biotch till she gets herself a new job 8-):lol:
    mwuahahaha
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    sorry Leyna...I'll try to quit breathing thru my mouth so much... :?

:lol::lol::lol:

ok, seriously, we all have had to work with annoying people. What helped me was to post lyrics to some of my favorite songs on my computer...

"You're such an inspiration for the ways
    That I'll never ever choose to be
    Oh so many ways for me to show you
    How the savior has abandoned you"

(I only posted the first 2 lines as the girl who annoyed me was a bible thumper, and she would constantly root thru my desk when I left for the day :x )

Pick a song...any song, when things got irritating, I'd read the lyrics and then start humming the song...since she didn't listen to that type of music she didn't know what I was humming. Keep a few different lyrics around.

Stress balls don't work, I popped several of those :oops:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sorry Leyna...I'll try to quit breathing thru my mouth so much... :?

:lol::lol::lol:

ok, seriously, we all have had to work with annoying people. What helped me was to post lyrics to some of my favorite songs on my computer...

(I only posted the first 2 lines as the girl who annoyed me was a bible thumper, and she would constantly root thru my desk when I left for the day :x )

Pick a song...any song, when things got irritating, I'd read the lyrics and then start humming the song...since she didn't listen to that type of music she didn't know what I was humming. Keep a few different lyrics around.

Stress balls don't work, I popped several of those :oops:

OMG. She is totally a loud breather too.. :|
    So many little things she does are super annoying, makes me want to tear my hair out!
    The lyrics things sounds like a good idea though! And having someone root through your desk...NOT good. She did that with my desk once when I took a day off work and I was PISSED the next day! She doesn't do it anymore. Hands off!
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hey! Where's my shirt?!?!!?
    :x :P
    I totally forgot till u just posted this

As for me??
    I'm the type that would totally SCREAM the line that comes next, which you so artfully left out ;) :twisted:

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hey! Where's my shirt?!?!!?
    :x :P
    I totally forgot till u just posted this

As for me??
    I'm the type that would totally SCREAM the line that comes next, which you so artfully left out ;) :twisted:

OH SHIT! your shirt! :oops:

I'm such a blonde...I actually color my hair blonde so I can get away with being so forgetful! :lol: ack!
    ok, PM me the shirt idea again...I'll get to working on it. (I was really working on it, and then my comp got a virus, had to wipe the hard drive and re-start everything...)

last line is "F*CK your god" ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    pandora wrote:
    I wonder how many people don't realize how annoying they are?

I mean everybody is annoying to someone else... everyone finds someone else annoying
    usually those not like ourselves or those we are envious of for whatever reason.

"Birds of a feather flock together" ... “Envy shoots at others and wounds itself”

best way to avoid being annoyed ... remain positive
    turn it to a plus and ignore the rest
    so true...I realized the more I focused on something annoying, the more annoying it became! So to a certain extent we can choose how much we're going to let something annoy us and how much we even let it into our awareness. I try to put myself around the people I do like, and decrease my time around the ones I don't like. When that doesn't work I shut my door and scream :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    It's mainly the common sense stuff that gets to me...
    Don't cut your nails in front of me.
    Don't floss your teeth in front of me.
    Don't sit there chatting on the phone making personal calls all day long while i'm trying to work.
    Or make those mmmm....mmmmm....mmmmm...sounds when eating every single time..