Options

PJ NCAA March Madness Pool - TIME TO PAY UP!

Comments

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,560
    Lehigh and Norfolk crushed a ton of brackets. They don't call it madness for nothing...

Sadly, I'm already done. Good luck to those of you who still have a pulse!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    I went on a business trip (from CA to Fla. Friday and fly right back Saturday) so I was out of it and just catching glimpses of scores. I was sure I was way out of it when Duke and Mizzou lost (two of my Final Four teams). I was shocked today to find I'm tied for second! I need my Badgers to stay alive!!!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,386
    KU!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I went on a business trip (from CA to Fla. Friday and fly right back Saturday) so I was out of it and just catching glimpses of scores. I was sure I was way out of it when Duke and Mizzou lost (two of my Final Four teams). I was shocked today to find I'm tied for second! I need my Badgers to stay alive!!!

Don't worry. You are really out of it. :lol:

Actually, Yahoo! has a great Scenario Generator that I just noticed. It's pretty cool. You can see where you end up if certain things happen. 8-)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Don't worry. You are really out of it. :lol:

Actually, Yahoo! has a great Scenario Generator that I just noticed. It's pretty cool. You can see where you end up if certain things happen. 8-)

nice!! i still have a chance! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Wow, never noticed that before. Turns out I'm still not out of it. I just need Ohio State to make it to the championship game and then lose to Kentucky.

Go Buckeyes!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Vedderhead1Vedderhead1 Posts: 189
    Still quite a few of us with a chance to win this thing...Good Luck everyone!

:crazy:

And indeed, that scenerio generator is really cool! Never noticed myself! Thanks!

Let the Madness begin again....
  • Options
    Now it gets interesting..... :ugeek:
  • Options
    Can't believe I'm saying this after the way I started and the lack of bonus points I've earned, but all I need is ONE more game to go my way and victory will be mine.

Ohio State needs to beat Kansas...they do and I win, they don't and I'm out.

Go Buckeyes!

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,661
    Good luck walkunafraid, I'm rooting for u.
    U deserve to win one of these one of these days.
  • Options
    Scenarios are now very simple:

Ohio State beats Kansas Saturday:

walkunafraid wins

Kansas beats Ohio State Saturday then:

If Kansas wins Championship - mfc2006 wins
    If Kansas loses Championship - Pele wins (and in pretty much every other scenario is the "bridesmaid")

Yes, the Kentucky side is basically rendered moot b/c we've all blocked each other by picking them Champions (other than the KU fans). Obviously I will be rooting for Kentucky and mfc will be rooting for Louisville as that will ultimately give us each our respective best chance if Kansas beats Ohio State.

Good luck, boys!! And thanks to walkunafraid for running this.
  • Options
    really hoping KU wins out...i'm a huge fan. but if they lose to Ohio State, i'm glad that Paul will win!

good luck, everyone!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    Go Paul!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Scenarios are now very simple:

Ohio State beats Kansas Saturday:

walkunafraid wins

Kansas beats Ohio State Saturday then:

If Kansas wins Championship - mfc2006 wins
    If Kansas loses Championship - Pele wins (and in pretty much every other scenario is the "bridesmaid")

Yes, the Kentucky side is basically rendered moot b/c we've all blocked each other by picking them Champions (other than the KU fans). Obviously I will be rooting for Kentucky and mfc will be rooting for Louisville as that will ultimately give us each our respective best chance if Kansas beats Ohio State.

Good luck, boys!! And thanks to walkunafraid for running this.

Ohio State has looked great thus far, I hope they can bring their game just one more time and upend Kansas.

Though I won't be too disappointed whatever happens, either of you two will be worthy winners.

Thanks for the breakdown. Should be a fun Final Four!

• Options
    Rock Chalk!!!!! One More Win!!!! :D

That game was insane......wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Bummed as fuck. Thought I had that one.

• Options
    If KU wants to win the national championship they have to be careful how the clumsy C Jeff Withey is utilized.
    90 % of the time he touched the ball on offense he screwed up. His 7 blocks were awesome.
    His teamates should not pass him the ball. If he gets the f.....g ball he should call an immediate time out.
    I won $ on KU over OS, but he drove me crazy. :roll:
  • Options
    If KU wants to win the national championship they have to be careful how the clumsy C Jeff Withey is utilized.
    90 % of the time he touched the ball on offense he screwed up. His 7 blocks were awesome.
    His teamates should not pass him the ball. If he gets the f.....g ball he should call an immediate time out.
    I won $ on KU over OS, but he drove me crazy. :roll:

he's was way off in the paint last night. he's usually much better than that. they as a team need to watch their turnovers if they're going to beat Kentucky.
    Bummed as fuck. Thought I had that one.

sorry, man. if i win this thing, you can have one of my winner's choice bootlegs!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Good luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Good luck! :mrgreen:

Good luck to you as well!!!! :D

Go KU!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Good luck to both of you!

May the best man...er, team...win! :D

• Options

Well, it wasn't me. Fuck.

Congrats, Jonathan!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Congrats, Jonathan!

Thanks. Sorry your Jayhawks didnt win. But what a great run for them.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Congrats, Jonathan!

Thanks. Sorry your Jayhawks didnt win. But what a great run for them.

Congrats!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    And the winner is...Jonathan (EdsonNascimento)! 8-):D

Big congrats to him, and a big thank you to everyone for participating.

Now, of course, it's time to pay up. Since the majority of you pledged a "winner's choice" boot, it's easiest and best to ask each of you to contact Jonathan directly for his address. Obviously, if you did pledge a winner's choice option, this will also be the best means for finding out what he wants from you.

Please remember to send out your pledge in a timely fashion (within a week from the final game...which means by next Monday). When you send out your pledge, please post here to let us know. I will be keeping track of sent/received packages so that we can all see who is/isn't paying up.

That about covers it. Thanks again to everyone for playing. Looking forward to the next pool!

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, Paul for running yet another great pool!!! And, thanks to everyone else. It was fun. I just wanted to give a quick update. Obviously, this is extremely quick, so no biggie if you haven't had time to touch base.

The following are "in process:"

walkunafraid, AtlantaJammer, rstein27, maynardsux, down_ski, dwhite76, Vedderhead1, MayDay10

3 of those have special handling (walk, ski and Vedder), so might take a bit longer to post receipt. Thanks, guys for putting up with my requests. And no worries for anyone else. That took care of my special ideas, so it should be smooth sailing from here.

Thanks to all, again!!! Last year, my Alma Mater (UCONN). This year the PJ Pool - I'm on a roll!
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    congrats!

PM Sent
  • Options
    rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220
    Payment sent.
    Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086
    boot sent
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto