Options

PJ NCAA March Madness Pool - TIME TO PAY UP!

Comments

• Options
    VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    If you are adding more people, I'd love to get in.
    I'll pm you Paul.
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    - Having multiple winners is easy when you're playing for money and simply have to separate the pot by percentages. It's a lot more complicated when you're playing for CD bootlegs (and other goods) pledged individually by separate members. Under your scenario, what happens if the best prize (say, for example, someone pledged a valuable poster) was pledged by the person who finished in last place? Would it then be fair that the best prize goes to the third place winner rather than the first place winner? And how do we judge the "value" of prizes when some pledges are potentially more attractive than others? Add to that the extra work I'd have to put in PMing separate people separate addresses and having to manage sent/received updates from three separate winners, and it's simply too much confusion.

I thought it was just all bootlegs. Didn't look at the pledges to notice any posters or more valuable items being pledged. I can see where that could be a monkeywrench in awarding out.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    Paul,

Thanks for being so accommodating and explaining everything at a busy time. It's a testament to you how much the pool has grown. I'm in multiple pools- some for large sums of $ but I always talk about this and the Superbowl pool as the ones I'd like to win most. Appreciate what you do.

I'll pledge 6-15-00 in Katowice Poland.

GO BLUE!
  • Options
    Vedderhead1Vedderhead1 Posts: 189
    Paul,

Whie I think it is great you have 'opened' the pool back up to more participants, I do believe you should have some sort of number when you cut people off. What if 100-people join? 500? It will become a logistical nightmare for you, and I feel would take the 'fun' out of it for you as well. Just my 2-cents. Thanks again for orgainzing this, but I would cut it off at like 50-people tops...

Keep in mind...for about $20...you have the chance to win upwards of 25-boots...or more! Now that is a hell of a deal...Ya know what I mean 'Mamasan'???? ;)
  • Options
    I'm in, thanks!
    Any boot from 'goods'
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    30 is a nice, round number. I'm going to close up the board here. A few members have still not PM'd me their addresses, so we might end up with less than 30 (I'll delete any members from the pool if they have not sent an address by next Thursday).

Rather than PM you all individually (that takes a lot of time), I'm just going to post the link to the pool and the password here. If you're not signed up for the pool, please DO NOT sign up. You will be deleted if you do so.

If you are participating in the pool, PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE POOL WITH A TEAM NAME THE SAME (OR VERY SIMILAR) TO YOUR USERNAME ON THIS PEARL JAM BOARD. Doing so will make it much easier for us to know who is who, and for me to keep track of who has/has not joined the league.

Finally, I don't assume that all members check this thread every day, so if you are playing and are close to any of the other participants, drop them a line and let them know that the link is live here. That will save me a bit of trouble down the road.

Thanks!

And here is the link to the league: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... P=inhiding

Group ID: 17603
    Password: inhiding
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    Selection Sunday BUMP!!! :D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thanks again 'walkunafraid'...One more Sunday bump... :D
  • Options
    good luck, everyone!!

ROCK. CHALK. JAYHAWK!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    There are a couple people signed up for the pool whose names I don't recognize from this thread:

peggio joseph waller
    Liquor Box Noriyaki Morita

Anybody want to lay claim to either of these? I'm suspecting they may be infiltrators who aren't actually signed up to play. If nobody here claims them by Thursday they will be deleted and banned from the pool.

Thanks.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    the link is bringing me to a credit card ad. anyone else having trouble finding the bracket?
  • Options
    JK36392-Try logging into your yahoo account, then look for the NCAA link on the main page. It should promt you to join a group, or do something else. Try it without using the link. Hope it works for you.... :D
  • Options
    JK36392 wrote:
    the link is bringing me to a credit card ad. anyone else having trouble finding the bracket?

It should be here: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... P=inhiding

• Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    ok. thanks guys. ill try again after work this afternoon.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    We don't have to make our picks until tomorrow, right? I thought we might have to make it for the play in games, but it doesn't look like we do.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    No, you don't have to pick the play-in game. Deadline for picking your bracket is 12:15pm EDT on Thursday, March 15.

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    No, you don't have to pick the play-in game. Deadline for picking your bracket is 12:15pm EDT on Thursday, March 15.

Thanks, I'll make the winning picks today. :D
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Okay, so we have three names on the board that I cannot figure out based on their usernames here. They are:

peggio
    Liquour Box
    southtown

If this is any of you who are registered for the board, please let me know. Otherwise these entries will be deleted tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

• Options
    let the madness begin!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    well i am 4 for 4 with the play-in games. But not looking too good with Cuse in my finals so we shall see. Good luck everyone!
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,120
    I was debating whether or not to do one for prizes and luckily I didn't join. I would have been out already :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Motherf'r!!!! I cannot believe I am out already!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
    Good luck to you all...not that I'm wishing for the rest of the favorites to fall or anything ;)
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lehigh....HOLY F@%K!

:shock:
  • Options
    :lol: nobody ahead of me has Kentucky Kansas Despite losing missou, so far, so good (jinxing jay hawks in the process). Did not look behind to see final 4s. Need vcu badly tomorrow.....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lehigh....HOLY F@%K!

:shock:

Love it
  • Options
    Rock Chalk!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    :lol: nobody ahead of me has Kentucky Kansas Despite losing missou, so far, so good (jinxing jay hawks in the process). Did not look behind to see final 4s. Need vcu badly tomorrow.....

Michigan and Harvard could crush your bracket though... You better hope Marquette gets to the final 4 for you to be in contention. Damn I love the madness!!!!
  • Options
    this hurts lol.
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    Crazy day...

Love it as well AJ!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    I think I'm in ok shape....
    I LOVE MUSIC.