Options

Offical Camden 2 Setlist Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    FabesFabes Posts: 19
    awesome show, fucking awesome. so much better than camden 1. i'm still drunk.
  • Options
    this setlist is amazing, sounds like a killer show!
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    The object was only a shirt or sign created on a fabric that was thrown on stage. I noticed it only when Ed reached down and forcefully threw it back into the crowd just as the jam session in RVM ended and they began singing again. No idea why that could have angered Ed.

I read in another thread that the shirt hit him in the face.

I'd be pissed if I was playing my ass off and something hit me in the face.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    edit: do not want to start a flame war...my point was that the Philly crowd as a whole was way below Boston...
  • Options
    energy was just off the fucking hook tonight- crowd was night and day from last night. fucking unreal-

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    Here this is easier.

Still have no relayer right now, but thanks to Vedhead27 and Meddledeal we know there was a preset.

preset: Throw Your Arms Around Me

Main Set: Wash, Go, WWS, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Save You, GTF, Army Reserve, Grievance, Gone, Even Flow, You Are, Wishlist, Satans Bed, Garden, Whipping. Life Wasted, RVM

Encore 1: Wasted reprise, Man of the Hour, Parachutes, Black-we belong together tag, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Glorified G, Comatose, Leash, Baba O'Riley, YL -Star Spangled Banner tag

Notes: someone threw something at Ed during RVM. He stormed off stage and looked REALLY pissed.
    ****All Credit for Main Set Onward goes to Boom Daddy relaying at RM and BRY****

Wait, you forgot Do the Evolution in encore 2. are we missing any others?
    and this show KICKED ASS!
  • Options
    Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    Wait, you forgot Do the Evolution in encore 2. are we missing any others?
    and this show KICKED ASS!

Mel must have forgot to put that in the final list but it was mentioned b/c we talked about it being played!!!! Ed grabbed is crotch.......yadda yadda yadda......=) hahahhahahahahahah.....so if you look back on all of the pages it was mentioned through out the night.....thank you being awake enough to notice!!!! You Rock!!! =)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Gen5 wrote:
    Ed grabbed is crotch.......

:eek:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    this show beat the piss out of Camden I.

Probably better than the show i saw in Albany.

How can you beat hearing GO, YOU ARE, LEASH, GLORIFIED G, GARDEN, COMATOSE and whatever the fuck else they played? WHIPPING, GRIEVANCE ... JESUS H CHRIST ...

:D:D:D

i had a fucking throbbing head after this from slamming so hard.
    MOTHERFUCKING INSANITY!
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    this show beat the piss out of Camden I.

Probably better than the show i saw in Albany.

How can you beat hearing GO, YOU ARE, LEASH, GLORIFIED G, GARDEN, COMATOSE and whatever the fuck else they played? WHIPPING, GRIEVANCE ... JESUS H CHRIST ...

:D:D:D

i had a fucking throbbing head after this from slamming so hard.
    MOTHERFUCKING INSANITY!
    :D
    Very True!!!
    Camden 2 was the best on the tour so far- crazy high energy- ROCKED harder than the other gigs- crowd energy was best yet- UNREAL. THANK YOU- missing DC but cant wait for East Rutherford - OH.

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    ArabesqueArabesque Posts: 34
    What a show! Here's my fanview...

The Ed preset was nice, but nothing stellar. I'm not a big fan of "Throw Your Arms Around Me." Then My Morning Jacket came on and Eddie sang the first song with them. Him and the band blended wonderfully together. The song had a hearty chorus that Ed's voice matched well with. After that, MMJ rocked, but since I don't know their songs it was hard to get into them.

Wash was a nice mood-setter and then the raging Go fucking brought the house down. Worldwide Suicide was very bland live; I didn't get anything from it. Also, I wasn't feeling Severed Hand. I love this song on the record, but I expected more from it live. The combination of Corduroy and Save You worked well together. Corduroy builds nicely and then Save You just cuts right through. Given to Fly was good but then Army Reserve captivated me. That song is great live. The music is just amazing. Grievance blew me away. Its' rhythm is much more powerful live. Gone was okay, nothing special.

Then during Even Flow, some lady in front of me answers her cell phone! She was like, "What? I can't hear you?" Who answers their fucking cell phone during Even Flow? Since she insisted on doing so, I sang the lyrics really loud right next to her phone. She glared and turned away. Then they played You Are, which to me, hasn't ever sounded good live on the bootlegs or the DVD. I love it on Riot Act, but it just doesn't work well live. They followed You Are with Wishlist which I also wasn't feeling at the time. But they roared through Satan's Bed with these intense red lights on ED, it was eerie and awesome. I liked the new version of Garden, I have to hear it again though. Whipping was good. Life Wasted fucking rocked! The whole crowd was pumped for it to like it was a song from Ten or Vs., which made me happy. During RearViewMirror, right when the song breaks down, they shined a light on ED and he used a guitar to move the light around the crowd which was really cool.

My favorite part of the show came next, in the first encore. The Life Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, and Parchutes all flowed perfectly into each other. PJ had the whole crowd in its hand at this point and then they came with BLACK! I thought the song sequence couldn't get any better but then Black just took the night over. It's the first time I've ever heard Black at a show (considering this was only my second show), so forgive me for drooling over it. I was so proud to be part of the singing when Ed let the crowd take over. After that, they went off the charts with Crazy Mary. I was doing the hand motions with the crowd around me and it was simply amazing. When I saw them last year, a guitar broke during the song so it got screwed up, so I'm glad they played it again. Alive, was, well, Alive. It's a great song but it didn't do much for me after the string of greatness.

When the second Encore came on, at first it was hard to get into after the first Encore being so huge. Last Exit was good, but I've never liked Glorified G and it was just okay last night. Then Comatose was fucking crazy. That songs KILLS live and it got me right back into the show. After Comatose they played LEASH again and I was so grateful just to be there to hear it. It was awesome. More lights came on and I could feel the end coming, I guessed Rockin in the Free World would be next but then it was Baba O'Reilly! Which I have absolutely no problem with, it's such a great song. And finally, of course they played Yellow Ledbetter. I screamed and cheered just because it was the last song and it is such a great song, but I don't think there was anything particularly special about it last night. I think the Starspangled banner tag is very cheesy and McCready distorted it to the point of noise. Then everyone was just waiting for him to finish.

In the end, the setlist fucking rocked. I couldn't have asked for more. It was such a great show. I noticed what other people have been saying about Ed getting pissed. I saw him stomping and throwing stuff around. But he didn't say anything about it on the mic, so it couldn't have been that bad. What a fucking show, I'm definitely buying the bootleg!
    "This is another sing-a-long." - Eddie Vedder before singing Lukin live at Madison Square Garden.
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    I agree with those who liked the 2nd night better than the 1st. Black and Rearviewmirror were the best versions I've ever heard of those songs. For me, the first encore of night 2 blew away night 1.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    This was my fourth Pearl Jam show (ever), and I have to say that this was freaking amazing. I was pumped to hear Parachutes live, and it was everything I thought it would be.

I have a very special attachment to Alive, and I had tears in my eyes when they played it.

Great show, and I really dug the Star Spangled Banner at the end. It's Memorial Day, c'mon.

:-)
    You will try.