Options

Official East Rutherford 2 Setlist Thread

Comments

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    [size=+2] Last Exit [/size]

Cool. The first PJ song I ever saw live.

.... going back in time....
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    ok... i'm hearing Last Exit... Mike's guitar sounds different, pretty cool too.
  • Options
    [size=+2] Encore Break 2 [/size]
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    That first encore group looks very good! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    [size=+2] Encore Break 2 [/size]

is that an improv

hehe

i have a feeling there will be an encore break 3 tonight as well
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Man, I love Last Exit

OMG me too! I should put that on right now. Would go so good with the Moosehead I'm drinking :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    OMG me too! I should put that on right now. Would go so good with the Moosehead I'm drinking :)

That's exactly what I did (minus the Moosehead, tho I have much love for Moosehead).

I love iTunes.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    fanch75 wrote:
    Man, I love Last Exit

YES!! ME TOO! ME TOO! :D

*does side to side get low to the flo Ed dance*

This song does not get anywhere near the love & praise it should! ONE OF THE BEST!

Alright, lemme get this straight...

IN fuckin HIDING!!!, RAAAATS, HAIL HAIL, SOLAT, ARMY RESERVE, GARDEN, HARD TO IMAGINE and LAST EXIT all on the same damn set???? Serious EEK! *drools all overself*
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    That's exactly what I did (minus the Moosehead, tho I have much love for Moosehead).

I love iTunes.

U got some Natti instead Fanchie?
  • Options
    I thought someone said they played Gone earlier or was that bad info?
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    I thought someone said they played Gone earlier or was that bad info?

They did. Should be on my setlist
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    YES!! ME TOO! ME TOO! :D

*does side to side get low to the flo Ed dance*

This song does not get anywhere near the love & praise it should! ONE OF THE BEST!

Alright, lemme get this straight...

IN fuckin HIDING!!!, RAAAATS, HAIL HAIL, SOLAT, ARMY RESERVE, GARDEN, HARD TO IMAGINE and LAST EXIT all on the same damn set???? Serious EEK! *drools all overself*

Loved hanging with you a little in Camden! Saw more of you on day 1, but cool nonetheless. See you (hopefully) at the Gorge in July.

PS - everyone should know that Lydia drank a natty with me. I have a photo to prove this.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    is it july yet goddammit?!?! :D
  • Options
    U got some Natti instead Fanchie?

Nope; no beer in the house. I have some rum & coke zero though. Maybe I'll pour myself one and listen to fucking Vitalogy.
  • Options
    RE: Gone
    They did. Should be on my setlist

That settles it. This is the boot I'm buying for the first leg.
    I've been waiting - glad I did!
  • Options
    [size=+2] wasted Reprise [/size]
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    CanvasAdam wrote:
    first was syd on the piper album, then on the next few releases syd, roger, and richard all sang lead. roger did songs like careful with that axe eugene and richard had songs like see emily play. but syd was still the main guy. then dave joined and the band changed direction. syd at this point was on a huge drug binge and was unreliable at shows so one night on the way to a show they left syd behind at a hotel and he dissapeared for about 10 years and didn't show back up until they were in studio recording wish you were here. he just popped up one day out of the blue and then dissapeared again and they haven't had contact with him at all since the wywh sessions in 1975. so anyway once dave joined it was kind of a free for all for lead singer. everybody but nick has their share of songs they sing but about 75% of them from 1971 to 1983 are either dave or roger. and once roger was out of the picture dave was the total lead singer and richard wright didn't do anymore lead vocals on the newer stuff. and because of that he did his wet dreams solo album but stayed in floyd as well.

Whoa, Syd sounds like such a mysterious creature. I find it weird that after leaving him behind and not seeing him for 10 years that he would then just appear and record music with them again.

I didn't realise the stories there were concerning Floyd. I have some catching up to do!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Loved hanging with you a little in Camden! Saw more of you on day 1, but cool nonetheless. See you (hopefully) at the Gorge in July.

PS - everyone should know that Lydia drank a natty with me. I have a photo to prove this.

Aww I loved hanging with you too Fanchy! It was great to finally meet you! Eeeewww, and can we please never talk of the Natty again? :eek: hahah. The things I do for kick ass PJ peeps I tell ya. ;) And hey, not to complain but I thought the YIELD love was gonna overflow in Camden! :eek: I'm thinking after they love it up with you in Nati, the YIELD LOVE shall take over the west at the haven that is..... THE GORGE.:o SEE YOU THERE! NO HOPEFULLY ABOUT IT DAMNIT1 :D

And B...I know huh. haha. NEXT MONTH??? :eek: *slaps self* It's gonna be here so, so soon. *squeals* :D!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    [size=+2] Life Wasted [/size]
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    fanch75 wrote:
    Nope; no beer in the house. I have some rum & coke zero though. Maybe I'll pour myself one and listen to fucking Vitalogy.

I'll fucking drink to that....funny how that is....when vitalogy came out, we use to drink all night to that album. Then that monkey wrench radio thing they did the month after the release?! Those were good times!!! I will have to say my love is with Yield tonight. That In Hiding just topped the cake!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    Oooo! An encore of the pure genius~~>WASTED REPRISE into LIFE WASTED???

I SAID FUUUUCK YEEEEAH!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    LEASH
  • Options
    [size=+2] Lukin [/size]
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    And B...I know huh. haha. NEXT MONTH??? :eek: *slaps self* It's gonna be here so, so soon. *squeals* :D!!!
    it's like 7 weeks away? :eek: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i am so ready, damn
  • Options
    [size=+2] Lukin THEN Leash [/size]

your too fast for me Kenny! lol
  • Options
    I didn't realise the stories there were concerning Floyd. I have some catching up to do!

Nick Mason has a decent book out, Inside Out. Good history and great early pictures of the band members.
  • Options
    TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    Can't get enough of these songs.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Options
    CanvasAdamCanvasAdam Posts: 134
    Whoa, Syd sounds like such a mysterious creature. I find it weird that after leaving him behind and not seeing him for 10 years that he would then just appear and record music with them again.

syd was definately an oddball. believe it or not him and some friends of his video taped the very first time they did LSD. this is filmed way before the time of floyd. over the years it got leaked. now some canadian film company has released it as a real dvd you can buy in stores. i found a copy of it at coconuts music a few years ago and snatched it up. here is a link to it...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000059HAZ/102-6791400-4644906?v=glance&n=130
    1998... 9/3
    2000... 8/7, 8/15, 11/5, 11/6
    2001... 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    2002... 12/8, 12/9
    2003... 4/9, 4/18, 4/19, 7/8, 7/9
    2004... 10/6, 10/8
    2006... 5/16, 5/17, 5/30
    2008... EV Solo 4/12, 4/13, 4/16
    2008... PJ 6/14, 7/12
    2008... Stone Solo 10/11
  • Options
    [size=+2] Lukin [/size]

Lukin was played before Leash. hahah
  • Options
    [size=+2] Lukin THEN Leash [/size]

your too fast for me Kenny! lol

well i heard lukin too, but i wanted to be the first to report Leash and i thought someone would have reported Lukin already... but you know...