Do you carry money at all times?

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    yes. and i don't feel comfortable unless i have at least $40 on me. just for an emergency cash is important. everywhere and everyone takes cash.

I need to start doing this. My dad is always telling me I'm an idiot because I never carry cash.

i used to work with a guy that always kept a special 20 in his wallet....he also always knew down to the penny how much cash he had on him at all times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    imalive wrote:
    ALWAYS carry money....you people who hold up the line with your checks and CCs piss me off :lol:

BUT,

Carry exact change please! No, just drop enough to cover it and walk away! I have been utterly amazed at some folks counting the change I just gave them and/or figuring out how to give me back my change.

And don't even think about handing over $20.75 for a purchase worth $19.75 so you can offload some change for a crisp dollar bill! :crazy:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    i only use money..no debit shit

people use a card for coffee and a bagel :roll: wtf

eveyone should have a few actually dollars in their pocket for emergencies

i bought a 50 cent newspaper with a card once....didn't even have change in the truck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    ALWAYS carry money....you people who hold up the line with your checks and CCs piss me off :lol:

BUT,

Carry exact change please! No, just drop enough to cover it and walk away! I have been utterly amazed at some folks counting the change I just gave them and/or figuring out how to give me back my change.

And don't even think about handing over $20.75 for a purchase worth $19.75 so you can offload some change for a crisp dollar bill! :crazy:

i fuckin hate change purse diggers. just give them 20 and let the cashier make change. they are trained to do it, and have quick easy assess to each coin, where as you are going to spend 5 minutes trying to dig thru your pile of change to find a 2 dimes, a nickle and 3 pennies.

take your change, toss it in a bucket, and once a year take it to the bank....and reap your reward.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    don't even get me started on people who go to an atm and take out $20

good god grab a hundy at least
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Typically have 50-60 bucks in cash on me, have a large amount in the safe at home for who-knows-what, and never carry checks. I write a check about once every few months. Put everything I can on my AmEx for points and when they dont take AmEx I use my debit card.

Tolls are an epic pain in the ass - I hate when you put in a 5 and get back 2-3 dollar coins.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

BUT,

i fuckin hate change purse diggers. just give them 20 and let the cashier make change. they are trained to do it, and have quick easy assess to each coin, where as you are going to spend 5 minutes trying to dig thru your pile of change to find a 2 dimes, a nickle and 3 pennies.

take your change, toss it in a bucket, and once a year take it to the bank....and reap your reward.

i started this about 2 years ago..TD bank is great with their machines ...i will also throw in a 10 or 20 to round off the change
    got almost $1500 in 2 years ...just letting it stay in there till i die and my kids get it :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Run your debit card as credit at the gas pump and usually there's no hold.
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605

What's the difference? I only spend 20 or less a week in cash and it's not like the atm is faster for 100.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Checks...are people serious :lol: ? I do not know of any stores that accept these now. I don't remember the last time I wrote a check. I carry cash...and hate it when people hold others up paying debit for a coffee :roll: .
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    maj4e wrote:

What's the difference? I only spend 20 or less a week in cash and it's not like the atm is faster for 100.

just don't see the purpose

but to each their own

then again i spend $20 by the time i leave the bank....don't ask me how
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    maj4e wrote:
    Run your debit card as credit at the gas pump and usually there's no hold.
    I shall try this. I wondered if that made a difference.
  • In northern Indiana towards Chicago you can use debit card at toll booths. As soon as you pass the border into Illinois it goes back to cash though
    got almost $1500 in 2 years ...just letting it stay in there till i die and my kids get it :lol:

750 a year. :shock:

we ussally go once a year and end up with 150-200..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I rarely have cash on me.
    have a large amount in the safe at home

there was a story the other day in the local paper.. parents were out of town, 15 and 18 year odl girls were at home alone....so being kids, they had a party. 100 prescription pills and 20K vanished during the party.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

there was a story the other day in the local paper.. parents were out of town, 15 and 18 year odl girls were at home alone....so being kids, they had a party. 100 prescription pills and 20K vanished during the party.

Holy shit! 20 grand! 100 pills! 20 GRAND!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    EmBleve wrote:
    :( It is annoying, yes, and I rarely use checks unless I mail in a payment or something, but my dad is old school and writes checks. I hope nobody is behind him in lines talking sh^t about him.
    I am
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:

i bought a 50 cent newspaper with a card once....didn't even have change in the truck.

see it's funny, because some privately owned places won't even let you use a debit card if the purchase is under $10. I know the deli down the street from here is like that. Pissed me off one day. :lol:
  • EmBleve wrote:
    :( It is annoying, yes, and I rarely use checks unless I mail in a payment or something, but my dad is old school and writes checks. I hope nobody is behind him in lines talking sh^t about him.
    I am

Me too. Haha
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I get $100 in cash on payday and see if I can make it last two weeks to the next payday. For things maybe $20 or less I use cash, bank card for everything else.

Any coins I bring to work and get rid of buying lunch at the cafeteria.

Hate using checks, but need them for things I can't set up to pay online, usually stuff for the kids like boy scouts and sports registrations. Heck, I even prepay their school lunches online.
  • No money. I exchange goods through bartering.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I get $100 in cash on payday and see if I can make it last two weeks to the next payday. For things maybe $20 or less I use cash, bank card for everything else.

Any coins I bring to work and get rid of buying lunch at the cafeteria.

Hate using checks, but need them for things I can't set up to pay online, usually stuff for the kids like boy scouts and sports registrations. Heck, I even prepay their school lunches online.
    to each their own
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:
    I am

Me too. Haha[/quote]
    Thanks. That makes me feel alot better.
    81 wrote:

see it's funny, because some privately owned places won't even let you use a debit card if the purchase is under $10. I know the deli down the street from here is like that. Pissed me off one day. :lol:

they aren't allowed to do that. call them out on it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    then again i spend $20 by the time i leave the bank....don't ask me how

:lol::lol::lol:

I very rarely take just $20 out, especially if I'm at an ATM where I will get charged - then I definitely take more out.
    81 wrote:

they aren't allowed to do that. call them out on it.

really? Even if they are just a local family business?
    81 wrote:

Holy shit! 20 grand! 100 pills! 20 GRAND!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... e-stoppers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Money, credit cards, and a debit card.
  • 81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

but that's how i get my cash. :lol: i don't have an atm for my CU within 250 miles of my place...unless i do shared banking. it's just so easy to grab 100 bucks at the store vs. driving out of my way to visit a CU.

CC or Debit Card is faster than cash. (Unless you are at some craphole where they have dial up.) For example at the Grocery Store....it is lightening quick to slide your AmEx, sign your name and go. Much faster than watching the 55 year old woman trying to count back change on your Benjamin.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved