Options

PJ in IOWA?

Comments

• Options
    rememberlaughterrememberlaughter Cedar Falls, Iowa Posts: 65
    Of the shows currently booked and confirmed by the band, Iowa isn't one of them. If there was a hold placed on Wells Fargo Arena that's an entirely different matter; however, as of today there is no concert booked and confirmed for PJ to play there.[/quote]

Folks, 100pacer is the go-to on this stuff. He was kind enough to let us know it's not confirmed, so I definitely wouldn't hold our breath on Wells Fargo. I am not an industry insider, but do know that lots of agents place holds on venues and then have the booking fall through for any multitude of reasons. Sad I know, and few were/are pulling harder than me. If they do hit the Midwest with one date that is at least drive-able in 2012, it looks like the trend is festivals or pre-existing concert setups for several good reasons...so maybe we should start looking there and crossing our fingers?

Then again, he did not exactly rule it out as a possibility either (just that it is not confirmed yet). :D 100pacer has confirmed West side love (San Fran specifically, according to Mike anyway)this year. East side love is already public knowledge with 3 festivals (nicely spread out, I might add). Oh wise and great bird, do we know yet if the middle will get any PJ love in 2012? (arms raised and head bowing in the "we're not worthy" motion) :corn:
    @Fist2TheJaw on Twitter https://twitter.com/fist2thejaw
    "Does anybody remember laughter?" - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"(Live '77)
  • Options
    Of the shows currently booked and confirmed by the band, Iowa isn't one of them. If there was a hold placed on Wells Fargo Arena that's an entirely different matter; however, as of today there is no concert booked and confirmed for PJ to play there.
    Folks, 100pacer is the go-to on this stuff. He was kind enough to let us know it's not confirmed, so I definitely wouldn't hold our breath on Wells Fargo. I am not an industry insider, but do know that lots of agents place holds on venues and then have the booking fall through for any multitude of reasons. Sad I know, and few were/are pulling harder than me. If they do hit the Midwest with one date that is at least drive-able in 2012, it looks like the trend is festivals or pre-existing concert setups for several good reasons...so maybe we should start looking there and crossing our fingers?

Then again, he did not exactly rule it out as a possibility either (just that it is not confirmed yet). :D 100pacer has confirmed West side love (San Fran specifically, according to Mike anyway)this year. East side love is already public knowledge with 3 festivals (nicely spread out, I might add). Oh wise and great bird, do we know yet if the middle will get any PJ love in 2012? (arms raised and head bowing in the "we're not worthy" motion) :corn
    good info
  • Options
    bump - maybe somebody else has something before the site gets its makeover...
    "Does anybody remember laughter?" - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"(Live '77)
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Possible date in 2013???????
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Bump for Iowa. I'm gonna be in Iowa City in November PJ....make it happen!!!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    mca47 wrote:

What a great town Iowa City is. Always had the best time when we went out there to visit friends. So many bars!!! You're a Hawkeye, right mca?
  • Options
    CandileaCandilea Posts: 43
    I'm ALWAYS in Iowa City! If PJ makes it here, you've all got a place to stay!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

What a great town Iowa City is. Always had the best time when we went out there to visit friends. So many bars!!! You're a Hawkeye, right mca?
    Hawkeye through and through!!
    Go Hawks!!!!

I've lived in a lot of places and Iowa City is still, in my opinion, the best place I've ever lived. Love it!!!

My buddies and fellow Hawkeyes have dispersed amongst the country and we've made it back every year since graduation for a weekend/tailgate/football game. Best weekend of the year!!! :D
  • Options
    Candilea wrote:
    I'm ALWAYS in Iowa City! If PJ makes it here, you've all got a place to stay!
    You live in IC? Awesome!
  • Options
    Iowa misses you.....only twice it's seen you back in '91 and '03 and you're well overdue. Iowa would greatly appreciate seeing you again.

Come on fellas, if you make it happen......they will come.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    GO HAWKS
    Come PJ
  • Options
    Bump from Waterloo. I will be attending any and all shows within a 300 mile radius of Iowa.
  • Options
    Bump by way of Grinnell, Cedar Rapids, and Des Moines.

Will always consider myself an Iowan. Probably absolutely no way in hell will it ever happen again, but bring it home fellas.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    P.S. I think the '03 Des Moines show was cancelled. The Council Bluffs show many refer to was actually played in Omaha, NE if I remember correctly. And I'm not sure where the '91 show was, but will have to do some homework obviously. Point is, IF they EVER played the middle of Iowa, it has been a damned long time. Des Moines' Wells Fargo would be a PERFECT venue for '13...:)
  • Options
    Ames in '91. So we will be 23 years dry next year. The '03 Council Bluffs show was actually technically in Omaha, NE (right across the river) if I remember correctly from another post in this forum...maybe someone can confirm.
  • Options
    P.S. I think the '03 Des Moines show was cancelled. The Council Bluffs show many refer to was actually played in Omaha, NE if I remember correctly. And I'm not sure where the '91 show was, but will have to do some homework obviously. Point is, IF they EVER played the middle of Iowa, it has been a damned long time. Des Moines' Wells Fargo would be a PERFECT venue for '13...:)

AGREED. Obviously, Des Moines, IA would get a lot of 'WTF?" moments from a lot of people, but it really does make sense. It's a middle ground for a lot of people from larger Midwest citties that can drive, and believe it or not, down town Des Moines would offer quite a bit for people to do as well. I lived there for 2 years and it's been one of the best places I've lived so far.

Please make this extreme long shot happen in 2013!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    I was at the '03 show and though I'm no expert on the area I'm pretty certain the Mid America Center is on the Iowa side of the river. We Iowans cannot yield any historical advantages to Nebraskans.
  • Options
    I was at the '03 show and though I'm no expert on the area I'm pretty certain the Mid America Center is on the Iowa side of the river. We Iowans cannot yield any historical advantages to Nebraskans.
    Yeah it was at the Mid America Center. And the Avocado tour shirt still says Des Moines on it but it didn't happen.
    WFA would be a perfect spot ---- I will even volunteer to run the pre-party at Buzzard Billy's
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:

AGREED. Obviously, Des Moines, IA would get a lot of 'WTF?" moments from a lot of people, but it really does make sense. It's a middle ground for a lot of people from larger Midwest citties that can drive, and believe it or not, down town Des Moines would offer quite a bit for people to do as well. I lived there for 2 years and it's been one of the best places I've lived so far.

I don't think it should be too much of a long shot, really. We just moved back home after living in DM for 7+ years, and miss it dearly. There is so much to do in the way of restaurants/bars/night life, etc. I always used to see PJ shirts around town. There are over 500,000 in the metro, many of whom are college-aged (Ames is 20 min. north) or young professionals in their 30's. Geographically, Omaha and KC are about 2 hrs away, Minneapolis is 3, Chicago is 5. It really isn't that far from any major midwest city. Coldplay, Elton John, Kenny Chesney, Rolling Stones, Springsteen have all done well @ Wells Fargo fairly recently, and Def Leppard, Bob Dylan, and Carrie Underwood are lined up for 2012 - so hopefully they are at least looking at is as a viable possibility...
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:

I don't think it should be too much of a long shot, really. We just moved back home after living in DM for 7+ years, and miss it dearly. There is so much to do in the way of restaurants/bars/night life, etc. I always used to see PJ shirts around town. There are over 500,000 in the metro, many of whom are college-aged (Ames is 20 min. north) or young professionals in their 30's. Geographically, Omaha and KC are about 2 hrs away, Minneapolis is 3, Chicago is 5. It really isn't that far from any major midwest city. Coldplay, Elton John, Kenny Chesney, Rolling Stones, Springsteen have all done well @ Wells Fargo fairly recently, and Def Leppard, Bob Dylan, and Carrie Underwood are lined up for 2012 - so hopefully they are at least looking at is as a viable possibility...

I love where your head is at. Des Moines is a great city and Wells Fargo Arena would be perfect for a PJ stop in 2013. You're right, hopefully they are at least looking at it as a serious possibility - I can take that for now. :D
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,591
    I agree, the arena is pretty new and there is a ton of stuff to do in downtown Des Moines. I would even be up for a few games at All Play before heading to Buzzard Billy's! :D
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    They've played Iowa twice. Ed made fun of Okoboji the last time they were there. They won't be back.

-former Iowan, current Hawkeye living in Madison WI

really? In Council Bluffs?
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    jkm421jkm421 Posts: 14
    opened with ARC and did a little Buddy Holly...8000 seat venue not a bad seat in the house
  • Options
    jkm421 wrote:
    opened with ARC and did a little Buddy Holly...8000 seat venue not a bad seat in the house
    it really was an amazing set --- i was in KC the night before and it rained like crazy for the whole show --- drove to Council Bluffs the next day and could not have been happier with the show!!
  • Options
    foxkids4foxkids4 Cedar Rapids, IA Posts: 49
    As much as I would dig it and the Wells Fargo Center has had bigger shows like Paul McCartney a while back, I can't see it. I kind of like the prospect of going to another state to see PJ.

I will gladly be wrong though. :D
    2013: Wrigley and Brooklyn 1 & 2
    2014: St. Louis, Moline and St. Paul
    2016: Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    jkm421 wrote:
    Wrong-o!
    We were waaaaay back on the floor. Couldn't see shit. :lol:
    Good show though!

I remember after the show trying to find some random campground. Drove all over the damn place out in the middle of nowhere. Finally found it like an hour and a half later. :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    Can we get PJ in Iowa in 2014?!?! :)
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:
    eventually they will get sick of my daily emails with schedule openings at Wells Fargo and just come here :lol:
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:
    eventually they will get sick of my daily emails with schedule openings at Wells Fargo and just come here :lol:

I'm hoping that day will come soon! :) It will be tough to find an open date with all of the country acts that roll though Des Moines. :evil: :lol:
    In no faith