Tonights Setlist 5/10/06 - Toronto

1789101113»

Comments

• drewman74drewman74 Posts: 8
    unbelievable! it really is just sinking in now, how amazing tonight's set was. it has really hit me now after looking at the setlist on paper. so many highlights! possibly an instant classsic. biggest (and best) surprise? WASTED REPRISE. f**king unreal. only thing that surprised me was the lack of new material. i really thought we'd hear tunes that weren't played last night, but the show was still deadly! get this bootleg!
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    My re-cap:

* There was a delay for them coming onstage. Master/Slave was extra long
    * Release was as good as ever
    * WWS, Life Wasted and Severed Hand are all so good live
    * Dissident was a huge sing a long
    * Mike's solo in Even Flow was long. Ed had 2 cigarettes. Also Ed didn't sing the last verse. The crowd took it home
    * At this point Ed says that Night 2 crowd has already beaten night 1 crowd.
    * Improv was something like "Don't want to go, don't want to go, don't want to go...from Toronto"
    * Whipping was fantastic
    * Ed introduced I Got Id as I got shit...ending the debate
    * After I Got Shit, Ed says "I'll tell you a secret, we'll take this off the bootleg, this will just be between us", and then starts Cinnamin Girl
    * Wasted Reprise is longer with a long Boom Intro
    * Encore 2 starts with another improv, Ed Singing "Come with us Toronto, come with us, we don't want to leave
    * Crazy Mary had another Long Boom/Mike event. After it was over they high-fived
    * Ed was super drunk bythis point. Fell off some speakers
    * Yellow Ledbetter has Ed laughing through the whole song. Something Stone said
    * at the end of the show, all six stood in a row and bowed to both sides of thecrowd, and then just stood around staring at us for awhile.

There's more but I'm tired. This is a must-have boot
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    btw, when Ed singled out the Canadian flag in the middle of the floor, that was my buddy Eric, who was sitting next to me in our 10C seats. I wasn't sure why he brought the damn thing; apparently, it was all part of a cunning ploy to get Eddie Vedder to notice him, then have Eddie play matchmaker between Eric and a Brazilian girl. My boy's wicked smaht. ;)

Steve
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    mmmm they played fuckin up
    way better show than last night
    im going to bed now.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • That was an incredible show. There were so many moments when I thought, this is it, but they kept going. They were having a great night, and you could tell they really wanted to be there. They didn't want to leave. They were having a lot of fun.

They sounded great. Eddie was solid. He sounded really good.

I knew we were getting a kick ass show, but I was shocked when I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11:40. Did anyone notice what time it was when they hit the stage?

The only negative comment is that we were stuck beside security all night, so couldn't burn one down. :) S'ok, though. Pearl Jam is a natural high for me. I've never been so elated. My throat is so sore and I can barely talk.

This was an incredible night.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Shaun22Shaun22 Posts: 12
    The last time I looked at my watch before they went on it read 8:50... and they didn't go on much longer after that. I'd say we got a good 2:45 out of the gang tonight. What a show... it was definately an epic.
    09/12/2005 - London, ON
    05/10/2006 - Toronto, ON
  • this show was so awsome it commanded me to write in the forum! lol

I was at both nights.. this set was WAY smoother.. longer night... great love.... I was wet all fuckin night.

I want to follow them forever.

Instead I came home ... cant get enough.. must wake neighbours.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!
    (band and crowd)

It was Beautiful
  • outontheporchoutontheporch Posts: 172
    this show was so awsome it commanded me to write in the forum! lol

I was at both nights.. this set was WAY smoother.. longer night... great love.... I was wet all fuckin night.

I want to follow them forever.

Instead I came home ... cant get enough.. must wake neighbours.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!
    (band and crowd)

It was Beautiful

What an awesome first post!
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    They Played Master/slave To Open The Show As They Were Walking On?!

Holy Fuckin Shit
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    maybe all of the people that are "worried" about the setlists will keep their piehole's shut from now on.

because this setlist is in a world of its own.

i am holding off on buying any bootlegs for now because i want to hear the new songs first for myself. but, toronto 2 definitely looks like a must buy in my eyes.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Wow That's how you mix up a set list.Lucky bastards.
    Im buying this one for sure.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    My re-cap:

* There was a delay for them coming onstage. Master/Slave was extra long
    * Release was as good as ever
    * WWS, Life Wasted and Severed Hand are all so good live
    * Dissident was a huge sing a long
    * Mike's solo in Even Flow was long. Ed had 2 cigarettes. Also Ed didn't sing the last verse. The crowd took it home
    * At this point Ed says that Night 2 crowd has already beaten night 1 crowd.
    * Improv was something like "Don't want to go, don't want to go, don't want to go...from Toronto"
    * Whipping was fantastic
    * Ed introduced I Got Id as I got shit...ending the debate
    * After I Got Shit, Ed says "I'll tell you a secret, we'll take this off the bootleg, this will just be between us", and then starts Cinnamin Girl
    * Wasted Reprise is longer with a long Boom Intro
    * Encore 2 starts with another improv, Ed Singing "Come with us Toronto, come with us, we don't want to leave
    * Crazy Mary had another Long Boom/Mike event. After it was over they high-fived
    * Ed was super drunk bythis point. Fell off some speakers
    * Yellow Ledbetter has Ed laughing through the whole song. Something Stone said
    * at the end of the show, all six stood in a row and bowed to both sides of thecrowd, and then just stood around staring at us for awhile.

There's more but I'm tired. This is a must-have boot
    I hope Ed was kidding about that secret.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    yea when are people going to learn to not go to the 1st night of a tour ever.

THIS SETLIST IS THE LIST so far (heh heh 2 nights)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    They Played Master/slave To Open The Show As They Were Walking On?!

Holy Fuckin Shit

they did this at irving plaza too.

what a setlist. i want it NOW.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    im going to say it again now that im up and at work...FUCKING unbelievable show last night...Toronto finally got the show they deserved...I think, no, this was, the best PJ show i have ever seen.

The only way it could ahve been better is if they actually played WASH, which was on the setlist but scratched out...sleight of hand was also on the setlist and not played...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• dd.dd. Posts: 15
    Best show ever...it felt complete and fulfilled after the first set...and then it just went on and on. It was in a different league compared to the first night.
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    amazing set list ........ wow ..... !!

I only hope Reading, Barcelona and Prague have one as good ....I will die of exhaustion .....:D
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Might have already been said, but it was the best version of DTE I've ever heard. I can't believe Ed's vocal chords didn't explode during the song. Absolutely awesome.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I'm liking the setlists for this tour so far :) I like how they managed to mix the new stuff while still playing the classics and some fan favs. Good combination! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    It Was Fuckin Awesome!!!!! Wooo!!! :d:d
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    touringfan wrote:
    Release, WWS, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, unemloyable, Dissident, Eflow, corduroy, I am Mine, low light, improv, Whipping, you are, I got Id, cinnamon girl (snipet,) Betterman SIFL, Jeremey, Marker in the Sand, Black, Rearview Mirror (end set )

Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, Elderly Woman, SOLAT, DTE, Alive (end set)

GO, (Sean of AIC makes appearence crowd chants happy birthday,) Crazy Mary, Fucking Up, Indifference, Yellow Ledbetter.

Thank you Goodnight!

Holy shit that is one awesome set. Best ive seen so far (and yeah i know ive only seen like 3 or 4 setlists so far lol).
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    there should be a "beast of burden" tag added to YL on the setlist ... i think mike played that for his wife ... cuz she was stage side again and she was pointing to someone laughing when he played it ...
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    That setlist is deadly. You Are, Lowlight, Indifference ... Wow. Its only four shows in (not including all the smaller appearances), and by my count they've played 43 PJ originals, including 11 of the 13 songs from the new album. Not too bad.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    To put it in perspective, the Tragically Hip (who mix up their setlists as well) played 59 songs across about 60 shows last time they toured.
    We are at 43 songs and only four shows in.

The band is badass, even though they may not play all the rarities we want to hear.
  • ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']im going to say it again now that im up and at work...FUCKING unbelievable show last night...Toronto finally got the show they deserved...I think, no, this was, the best PJ show i have ever seen.

The only way it could ahve been better is if they actually played WASH, which was on the setlist but scratched out...sleight of hand was also on the setlist and not played...

Honestly, 10th time seeing PJ, by far the best they've ever been. Absolutely incredible!!! Saw the show from the 5th row, which probably helped, but I don't see how it could have been any better! And serioulsly, someone needs to add the
    "Beast of Burden" tag to the end of YL, it was an amazing, spontaneous thing, where Ed suddenly picked up the Mic and started singing it while Mike worked the notes into the very end riffage on YL, brilliant!!
  • Est1993Est1993 Posts: 14
    That may be the best setlist I'VE ever seen.... Wow. What a treat Toronto got..
  • harper11harper11 Posts: 47
    shit that is a great setlist

cordury, release hail hail, rvm were missing from astoria
    Brisbane 21-3-1995, Brisbane 22-3-95, Brisbane, 14-3-98, Brisbane 15-3-98, London Astoria 20-4-2006
  • trandgtrandg Posts: 65
    benjs wrote:
    I hope Ed was kidding about that secret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeyL1yoUpPY

if you want the secret, it's there.
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']im going to say it again now that im up and at work...FUCKING unbelievable show last night...Toronto finally got the show they deserved...I think, no, this was, the best PJ show i have ever seen.

I've seen Pearl Jam's last five Toronto shows (2000-2006). The first four were all good, but it never felt like the band really stood and delivered in Toronto. Until last night, that is. Still reeling 24 hours later...did yesterday really happen??

Steve
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022