Reference to Jeremy Lin and PJ

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Still had 21 and 9 with the loss.

and did a great job of shutting down deron :lol:
    I'll trade you Charles Oakley, and John Starks for Rose...

we already had both those players here. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    81 wrote:

:lol:

i honestly don't care what he does, good or bad.

but defense is part of the game, as is ball control, ie turnovers, and you can't dismiss those stats when looking at the total value of a player....

i will say...linsantiy hasn't reached chicago yet....we have't had a knicks game in like 10 days or so.

I understand that but even with the TOs he is still playing great, and Williams made 8 three pointers, how do you stop that unless your a lot taller than him? The guy was hot and there was no stopping him, at least not completely.
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:

i honestly don't care what he does, good or bad.

but defense is part of the game, as is ball control, ie turnovers, and you can't dismiss those stats when looking at the total value of a player....

i will say...linsantiy hasn't reached chicago yet....we have't had a knicks game in like 10 days or so.

I understand that but even with the TOs he is still playing great, and Williams made 8 three pointers, how do you stop that unless your a lot taller than him? The guy was hot and there was no stopping him, at least not completely.

we didn't get the game, so i can't say what happened....but i'm guessing, getting in his face helps a little bit :lol: i don't know if it was a rotation issue, pick and rolls were defenders switched or if jeremy was scared of the drive by.

at one point tonight lin was 5 of 15....he made 2 of his last 3 to make it look respectable
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So you don't think he's playing well? I didn't watch the game either so I guess I really shouldn't be talking but check out these highlights, they only show 3 of Williams' shots and Lin isn't guarding him in any of them, that's certainly not all the shots he made but it's 8 points worth of them that Lin had nothing to do with.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320220018
    RiotZact wrote:
    So you don't think he's playing well? I didn't watch the game either so I guess I really shouldn't be talking but check out these highlights, they only show 3 of Williams' shots and Lin isn't guarding him in any of them, that's certainly not all the shots he made but it's 8 points worth of them that Lin had nothing to do with.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320220018

imo...

he should have dropped the ball off to the player on the left on the 3 on 1 fast break. on the first assist it was a nice pass, on the other assist the showed he tossed it to the wide open guy on the right...that's was kind of a duh play.

on the deron pull up 3, i don't think i saw lin on the floor....

on the last deron shot, he had chanler on him....which would have been the pick and roll i noted earlier, which ended with a switch.

can we see his 11 or 12 misses?

he's generally playing well....but i'm not sold on linsanitity. he's been way over hyped and shoved down our collective throats this last week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I completely agree with you, it is being waaaaay overdone, but that doesn't mean that there is no credit due to him, and I agree that he should have passed it on that 3 on 1, seemed kinda selfish. And yeah he had an off shooting night but so does literally every other person in the NBA sometimes.
  • 81 - I take back my statement about you being objective.

The Lin hype is ridiculous; I agree, but the guy has done NOTHING but produce and he is showing no sign of letting up. At this point you have to believe he is legit until proven otherwise rather than the converse.

Forget the fact that most individuals who have experience either coaching or playing in the league tend to concur that he is going to be a very good player; guys like Magic Johnson for example. Now who am I going to believe, guys like Magic Johnson, who know the game, or Bulls fans who critique players without watching the game?
  • For the record, if you bothered watching the game, or if you bothered to reserve judgment until you knew the facts, you would have known that Lin played off the ball tonight and was not defending Deron Williams for most of the night, except coming of screens, etc..

Attributing Williams' 38 points to lackluster defense by Lin is just ignorant. If you don't get the game in Chicago, then don't comment on the game unless you just want to look biased.
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575
    shumpert didnt play tonight and he usually covers the other teams best guard, not that lin cant defend but usually not his job
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
    81 - I take back my statement about you being objective.

The Lin hype is ridiculous; I agree, but the guy has done NOTHING but produce and he is showing no sign of letting up. At this point you have to believe he is legit until proven otherwise rather than the converse.

Forget the fact that most individuals who have experience either coaching or playing in the league tend to concur that he is going to be a very good player; guys like Magic Johnson for example. Now who am I going to believe, guys like Magic Johnson, who know the game, or Bulls fans who critique players without watching the game?

magic was raggin on him the other night...saying he was trying to do too much. ;)

i only critiqued the plays i saw in the highlights that were posted. in the plays highlighted, he had a nice pass to his left over a couple of defenders...on the other assist, the dude was wide open. duh. give it to him. i'd comment on more plays, but i've not had any knicks games to watch out here. next time there is a knicks game on, i'll watch it, so long as it doesn't run up agaist a bulls game

on the fast break, he should have dropped it off to the guy on the left wing, instead, he made it a more difficult shot.

he's playing decent and could have a nice career. at this point, i don't see him being anything more than a media superstar, although that's not to say he can't be.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Attributing Williams' 38 points to lackluster defense by Lin is just ignorant. If you don't get the game in Chicago, then don't comment on the game unless you just want to look biased.

fair enough...i stated i didn't watch the game...and only commented on the highlights that i saw. and yes, i did assume he was guarding Deron since they both are 1's, and that is typically how you play ball. ;)

that said....if he didn't guard Deron, doesn't that by default make his defense sub par?

next knicks game that is telecast out here, i'll check out...unless you want to buy the nba package for me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Actually I don't think he should have passed to Steve Novak for that 3 on 1 fast break. Novak was all the way at the 3 point line and Deron didn't commit to anyone which is why Lin took it straight. Even Hubie Brown agreed that was the right move.

Even though he shot 7-18 his true shooting percentage was good because he shot 5 of 6 from FT and 2-4 from 3 point line. He also had 7 boards, 9 assists, 4 steals and only 3 turnovers. I watched the whole game, he played well. Deron was just unconscious last night.

Do any of you follow advanced stats? His player efficiency rating is very good right now. He is top 10 in the whole league regarding PER. His high turnover rate is offset by all the other positive things he is doing right now.

He is playing solid right now. Do I think he can keep this up? No I don't. Is his defense suspect? Yes it is. Jose Calderon torched him and we saw what Deron did last night. But hes still a solid player WHO WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN IN TWO WEEKS.
    "You know what the main difference is between Linsanity and Tebowmania? Jeremy Lin is probably a decent QB."

-Danial Tosh

:lol::lol:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    RiotZact wrote:
    "You know what the main difference is between Linsanity and Tebowmania? Jeremy Lin is probably a decent QB."

-Danial Tosh

That is a good line. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RiotZact wrote:

-Danial Tosh

:lol::lol::lol:
    RiotZact wrote:

-Danial Tosh

post of the thread. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ....and ANOTHER good game...

RM22, where are YOU??
    ....and ANOTHER good game...

RM22, where are YOU??

yep and the thing that sticks out to me is that it was an extremely efficient yet very humble game
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Horrible spoof song to you know what. Click the little play button to the box on the right.

http://www.foxrocks.ca/freddymac/blogen ... D=10349811
    The highway called, they want their deer in the headlights back
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I predict Jeremy Lin to be the first guy to score 100 points in a game since Chamberlain!!!! Lin is amazing!!!!

just doing my best to fuel the fire haha
    81 wrote:

What's happening? my room mate is watching tv now so I don't know :x
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

Lin looked aweful in the first half. 2pts, 2assists and five to's. Miami was bringing double teams and traps and making him look silly.

His d is just downright aweful. Rose is gonna make him look silly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

Lin looked aweful in the first half. 2pts, 2assists and five to's. Miami was bringing double teams and traps and making him look silly.

Lin will go for 24 points 13 assists against the Bulls.
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hmmm starting to look better in the second half, one bad game on the road to the best team in the league doesn't mean shit though, like you said he's like a dear in the headlights, not playing like he would if he were more used to those kinds of games
    Callaway wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Lin will go for 24 points 13 assists against the Bulls.

One of you is gonna have to eat their words, I say we wait and see before we say anyone will look silly or go for 24 and 13
    Lin couldn't stop a wet towel on d....

Ny better plan on bringing the trap/double team to chicago, or put lin on the brewer/rip otherwise, he will go home with broken ankles....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by Callaway on
    Rose isn't an all league defender, but he isn't aweful. Lin's d makes rose's d look like bill russell's d
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Rose isn't an all league defender, but he isn't aweful. Lin's d makes rose's d look like bill russell's d

Wilt Chamberlain scored at will on Bill Russell. And Jeremy Lin is every bit as good as Wilt Chamberlain was!