Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    samjam said:

Attended the 25th anniversary show in C'Ville in May and it was one of my favorite DMB shows I've been to in recent years. The set gelled together so well, really no "dud" songs that tend to lose the crowd a bit. The new-new songs were MUCH better than the new songs debuted last summer, I really enjoyed those. Sugar Will and Last Stop too! I was 2nd from the rail, right in front Stefan/the horns and it was a really incredible experience. Joe Lawlor even gave me Dave's pick at the end of the night!

The only other show I caught this tour was Jones Beach. It DOWNPOURED--some of the biggest drops I've ever seen--in the middle of the set for a few songs, and it was nuts! I feel like it always rains there! But a fun time.

Only bummed I didn't get to hear Break Free at either of the shows...one of my favorites that I was SO excited they brought back.

Hoping for a winter tour before they take a break! Or maybe some Dave & Tim stuff to tide us over before 2018.

Dave and Tim are doing Farm Aid in Bristow. Considering you did Cville and Jones, maybe that's not too far. I'll probably make it since I'm in Richmond.

Heading to the Tampa show tonight. Should be brutally hot, humid and all around miserable. Can't wait! Anyone else going?
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

🤘🏻

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:

🤘🏻
    Grand Rapids,  right? Enjoy,!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

🤘🏻
    🤘🏻

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

🤘🏻
    🤘🏻
    How was the show? Set was a little quirky. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

🤘🏻
    🤘🏻

I had fun, danced and sang all night. I just started getting into him so it can be hard to analyze the set. Highlight for me was probably Satellite, I remember liking that song back in the day quite a bit, so it was cool to hear it played live, then right into Seek Up which I have really come to love. Looking forward to seeing them again, next year probably.✌🏼

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

🤘🏻
    🤘🏻

I had fun, danced and sang all night. I just started getting into him so it can be hard to analyze the set. Highlight for me was probably Satellite, I remember liking that song back in the day quite a bit, so it was cool to hear it played live, then right into Seek Up which I have really come to love. Looking forward to seeing them again, next year probably.✌🏼

That's great.  Seek Up is awesome live.  They really jam that out.  Glad you enjoyed it.  DMB is my #2 behind PJ for current bands.  
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Anybody pre-order Live Trax 58?
    I often stream shows on Spotify, but I don't own a single DMB record. Thinking of getting this one.
    Thoughts? Is it worth the $70?
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    I often stream shows on Spotify, but I don't own a single DMB record. Thinking of getting this one.
    Yes, this will be worth it.  If you're a die hard, you'll notice that this is the 2000 tour which is their peak.. kind of like PJ 1998.  And this show was the debut of many songs that are from the Lillywhite Sessions (Busted Stuff).  Live Trax are always very high quality, usually mastered by Chris Bellman.  And it comes in a solid, box as well. This was a no brainer for me.  The setlist is fantastic. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    mrussel1 said:
    eddiec said:
    Yes, this will be worth it.  If you're a die hard, you'll notice that this is the 2000 tour which is their peak.. kind of like PJ 1998.  And this show was the debut of many songs that are from the Lillywhite Sessions (Busted Stuff).  Live Trax are always very high quality, usually mastered by Chris Bellman.  And it comes in a solid, box as well. This was a no brainer for me.  The setlist is fantastic. 

Thanks.
    Just purchased it.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
  • Options
    Got my box set shipping notice.  Very excited for this one.  I'm also glad it doesn't appear to be very limited.  I still haven't scored a Hampton box, which is disappointing as that's a great, great show. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Got my box set shipping notice.  Very excited for this one.  I'm also glad it doesn't appear to be very limited.  I still haven't scored a Hampton box, which is disappointing as that's a great, great show. 
    Mine said delayed.  Let me recheck my emails.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Mine said delayed.  Let me recheck my emails.
    Came last night with tracking.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Limited to 3000 according to my box. I got it last week. 

Actually  makes it one of the more limited if the coloured vinyl is the only release. it’s usually 1 to 2 k RSD and another couple thousand? black vinyl 

no one seems too bothered to get it though so I’m guessing that’s it.

edit: never mind it looks like yours came 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Actually  makes it one of the more limited if the coloured vinyl is the only release. it’s usually 1 to 2 k RSD and another couple thousand? black vinyl 

You got yours last week???  I was told that they just arrived.  How does it sound?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You got yours last week???  I was told that they just arrived.  How does it sound?
    Came Friday. Yeah I got that email from the warehouse too so I was surprised when FedEx showed up with it 

going to spin it tonight. No idea yet. Looks nice, great set list so I have high expectations 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Came Friday. Yeah I got that email from the warehouse too so I was surprised when FedEx showed up with it 

going to spin it tonight. No idea yet. Looks nice, great set list so I have high expectations 
    I live about an hour from Crozet, the Warehouse,  and I bet it goes through four states before I see it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I live about an hour from Crozet, the Warehouse,  and I bet it goes through four states before I see it. 
    Ha.  

Mine came halfway across the country from there

They came from Canada and that’s new I think and was probably the hold up
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

These are still available on their site.

I just got my shipping notice!  I need to see how many of these I am missing as I stopped going to RSD's.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I just got my shipping notice!  I need to see how many of these I am missing as I stopped going to RSD's.
    The set list on this is so amazing.  The only 'meh' is Satellite.  If they played this show today, the DMB crowd would shit their pants. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The set list on this is so amazing.  The only 'meh' is Satellite.  If they played this show today, the DMB crowd would shit their pants. 
    Satellite intro is one of the more ear pleasing guitar instrumentals that I really like from him too.

Looking forward to listening.  Forgot who mentioned but they said this was a must because of the year so i pounced on it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Satellite intro is one of the more ear pleasing guitar instrumentals that I really like from him too.

Looking forward to listening.  Forgot who mentioned but they said this was a must because of the year so i pounced on it.
    That would've been me.  2000/2001  were amazing tours.  

The band had enough variation in the sets so you didn't know what was coming, but everything was great.   Plus Roi was still alive...  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The band had enough variation in the sets so you didn't know what was coming, but everything was great.   Plus Roi was still alive...  

I agree.

it’s a great show but it’s no LT3. Not even close for me 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:

Shouldn’t be but it is unfortunately.

I think the casual DMB fan has box set fatigue.  Not sure there are enough of us to keep this series going on vinyl. I was hoping for a quick sell out 

I would place this (on vinyl)
    LT3, LT 7, LT 58,LT 1

It’s a solid release 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree.

LT3 is also my favorite dmb vinyl now as well (other than live 25). But are you saying that from a set perspective or after listening??

I do love that Linus and Lucy.  I'm a big fan of Butch.  He used to do jingle work for the company I worked for back then,  and he would come in.  Very cool guy. Wish he was still in the band. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Looking back kinda pissed I didn't pick up Live 25.... didn't think I really needed it at the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree.

LT3 is also my favorite dmb vinyl now as well (other than live 25). But are you saying that from a set perspective or after listening??

I do love that Linus and Lucy.  I'm a big fan of Butch.  He used to do jingle work for the company I worked for back then,  and he would come in.  Very cool guy. Wish he was still in the band. 
    Set list mainly. It’s not as nice of a pressing as LT3 though. I think they stopped mastering for vinyl around LT6.  To my ears there is a drop off starting there.

im almost positive 3 and 1 are different than the CD version though.  I don’t listen to 2 that often so no idea 

3 is the best sounding as it’s dead quiet , best mastered, and probably the best set list 

im not all the way through the listen yet.  It’s not bad, and I’m not disappointed with how it sounds so far. 
  • Options
    If you like Stefan you’ll be happy. Right if the bat you’ll hear the lows in the stone. It’s really heavy on the low end 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree.

Set list mainly. It’s not as nice of a pressing as LT3 though. I think they stopped mastering for vinyl around LT6.  To my ears there is a drop off starting there.

im almost positive 3 and 1 are different than the CD version though.  I don’t listen to 2 that often so no idea 

3 is the best sounding as it’s dead quiet , best mastered, and probably the best set list 

im not all the way through the listen yet.  It’s not bad, and I’m not disappointed with how it sounds so far. 
    Ugh. Buzzkill 

And you're right,  the last few LT have not been as strong sonically as the early ones.  They were dynamite.