Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    anyone go to DMB 25? heard he debuted a few new songs.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Josh10376Josh10376 Posts: 75
    DMB25 was amazing. The Art Exhibit held that weekend too was amazing.
    Nobody musically sounds better live, imho.

You can listen the show stream here for free:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/dmbhummers/dave-matthews-band-may-07-2016-john-paul-jones-arena-charlottesville-va/

The Setlist is here: http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453067393&tid=2154&where=2016

Notes:
    (25th Anniversary Show / BAMA Works Fund Benefit)
    First time The Song That Jane Likes has opened a show since 11.3.94.
    First time Sugar Will has been played full band since 3.7.10.
    First time The Last Stop has been played since 11.20.10.
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    I just read on the Modern Vinyl website that Crash is going to be issued on vinyl for the first time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release. 2 x lp set on 180 gram vinyl with an 8 page booklet included. This is turning out to be an expensive year for vinyl lovers.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Croos1226 said:

I just read on the Modern Vinyl website that Crash is going to be issued on vinyl for the first time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release. 2 x lp set on 180 gram vinyl with an 8 page booklet included. This is turning out to be an expensive year for vinyl lovers.

I'd rather have Live at Red Rocks or D&T Live at Luther College on vinyl.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,666
    edited May 2016
    Croos1226 said:

This is really good news. I'd like a Red Rocks or Gorge release, but I'm good starting with Crash. That is a brilliant album. Crash makes me very happy when I'm listening to it. I hope it is more like R2things rather than Dreaming, which was awful.

Edit - is there an expected release date?
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    mrussel1 said:

Croos1226 said:

This is really good news. I'd like a Red Rocks or Gorge release, but I'm good starting with Crash. That is a brilliant album. Crash makes me very happy when I'm listening to it. I hope it is more like R2things rather than Dreaming, which was awful.

Edit - is there an expected release date?
    from what I can find, release date would be July 15th.
  • Options
    Break Free, nice!!!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Ordered mine the other day. I hope it is a good pressing. I never bought under the table because the reviews were horrible. Remember Two Things was good.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    mrussel1 said:

Ordered mine the other day. I hope it is a good pressing. I never bought under the table because the reviews were horrible. Remember Two Things was good.
    Under the Table sounds great on vinyl.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

mrussel1 said:

There was a lot of simbilance according to many reviews. Plus it wasn't cut from the original analog. Here's a good summary. Glad you like your copy. I'd love to hear from others too. Also, RTT and now Crash will be cut from analog.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2WU0KTOS4WXO/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00O5HX2EK&tag=viglink20252-20
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    kramer73 said:

mrussel1 said:

I am happy with Under the Table also.
  • Options
    kk277412kk277412 Posts: 45
    Anyone have a pair for Syracuse
  • Options
    I'm heading to Holmdel tonight.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Pit tickets for Camden shows the 24th and 25th, not a big fan but my sister is a huge fan and bought them for us to go together.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The pit at camden is rough. They let so many people in there.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The pit at camden is rough. They let so many people in there.

I agree. Was in there for the Foos last year with my 13 yo and it was a nightmare. The throne took up a lot of room too. DMB won't be as bad as Foos, but not like PJ either.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    No room to hang at back?
  • Options

No room to hang at back?

On the wings.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cool, thanks.
  • Options

Cool, thanks.

Yeah but you can't see, it's so far to the side. I had my son standing on the back rail of the side and we were jammed up.
  • Options
    OH well, we will figure it out. Pit was cheaper than the first dozen rows of seats and I told her I would make sure she had a good spot. Thought it would be like the last few shows I went to with GA/Pits, where you could always just move to the back if you wanted to have some space. If I dont like night one, I will find someone to trade with for night 2, sure it shouldn't be that tough.
  • Options
    kk277412kk277412 Posts: 45
    Looking for three tickets for the cuse show. I have two pairs to sell if I can find three together
  • Options
    All analog pressing (AAA). The spatter is an Amazon exclusive, black vinyl versions will be retail.

In for the splatter, will probably get the black version locally. Excited for a AAA pressing.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

All analog pressing (AAA). The spatter is an Amazon exclusive, black vinyl versions will be retail.

In for the splatter, will probably get the black version locally. Excited for a AAA pressing.
    Wow. Thanks! Canceling my other pre order and getting two of these.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

Wow. Thanks! Canceling my other pre order and getting two of these.
    Yea. Was excited to see an 'insider' confirm that these will be AAA. The splatters are on 150g vinyl while the black will be 180g.
  • Options
    Good shows this weekend @ BB&T in Camden.
    As indicated here, the pit space there was very small....first night it was too packed to really enjoy the show w/people constantly needing to squeeze through on their way to get drinks/go to bathroom & then try to return.
    Got up to the rail the 2nd night and didnt have to deal with that, enjoyed it.
    DMB is not really my scene (my sister's favorite band which is why I got us the tickets) but those guys are all really good musicians and the crowd was into it.
  • Options

Good shows this weekend @ BB&T in Camden.
    As indicated here, the pit space there was very small....first night it was too packed to really enjoy the show w/people constantly needing to squeeze through on their way to get drinks/go to bathroom & then try to return.
    Got up to the rail the 2nd night and didnt have to deal with that, enjoyed it.
    DMB is not really my scene (my sister's favorite band which is why I got us the tickets) but those guys are all really good musicians and the crowd was into it.

Glad you enjoyed it. They are super tight as a band, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Got my notice that my Crash splatter edition vinyl arriving tomorrow. Very much looking forward to this one. Amazon also has Goo Grux on sales for 12.99 which is a steal.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Attended the 25th anniversary show in C'Ville in May and it was one of my favorite DMB shows I've been to in recent years. The set gelled together so well, really no "dud" songs that tend to lose the crowd a bit. The new-new songs were MUCH better than the new songs debuted last summer, I really enjoyed those. Sugar Will and Last Stop too! I was 2nd from the rail, right in front Stefan/the horns and it was a really incredible experience. Joe Lawlor even gave me Dave's pick at the end of the night!

The only other show I caught this tour was Jones Beach. It DOWNPOURED--some of the biggest drops I've ever seen--in the middle of the set for a few songs, and it was nuts! I feel like it always rains there! But a fun time.

Only bummed I didn't get to hear Break Free at either of the shows...one of my favorites that I was SO excited they brought back.

Hoping for a winter tour before they take a break! Or maybe some Dave & Tim stuff to tide us over before 2018.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2