Options

Las Vegas Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Can not wait to try this in Vegas in April. :D

4908179-0-4.jpg

YES!! I wanted to do this the last time I was there, but I was wearing a skirt.... :?

i fail to see the issue
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Second hurricane story bump.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

you get the cliff notes version:

Picture it: San Fran
    I didn't have anything to eat ALL DAY. Drove with a big group of people to the Hard Rock
    It was about 5pm
    I was sitting on the inside of the booth...overlooking the sidewalk (HRC-SF is a corner building) floor to ceiling windows, so people on the outside can see you on the inside
    I wanted a coke/sprite-SF water is gross, it's cloudy
    Somebody told me "shut-up and drink a hurricane"
    I was really thirsty, and the waitress brings out the drinks before my coke :x
    Then she brings out the spinach artichoke dip...still waiting on my coke...I'm REALLY THIRSTY, so I keep drinking the hurricane
    I ate the spinach artichoke dip
    I suddenly don't feel so great, "I need to go to the bathroom" I said
    the guy I'm sitting next to keeps talking, he's one of those obnoxious loud jock types
    "MOVE IT!"
    he still keeps yapping away
    Do I puke on the window? what do I do?
    "MOVE!"
    "aw...you can wait"
    I see 2 empty water glasses on the table...and fill them with a mixture of artichoke dip and hurricane
    "Oh, guess you really did need to use the bathroom"
    :roll:
    I never got my coke.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I didn't have anything to eat ALL DAY. Drove with a big group of people to the Hard Rock
    It was about 5pm
    I was sitting on the inside of the booth...overlooking the sidewalk (HRC-SF is a corner building) floor to ceiling windows, so people on the outside can see you on the inside
    Then she brings out the spinach artichoke dip...still waiting on my coke...I'm REALLY THIRSTY, so I keep drinking the hurricane
    the guy I'm sitting next to keeps talking, he's one of those obnoxious loud jock types
    "MOVE IT!"
    "MOVE!"
    "aw...you can wait"
    I see 2 empty water glasses on the table...and fill them with a mixture of artichoke dip and hurricane
    I never got my coke.

Nice. You should have puked on him!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It was about 5pm
    "MOVE IT!"
    "MOVE!"
    "aw...you can wait"
    I never got my coke.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    at least I was 'clean' about it...i could have puked all over the window and given everybody a show.

If I puked on the guy next to me, he would have puked in return...he literally jumped over the guy who was on his other side...he has a weak stomach.

I don't know if I would have made it to the bathroom anyway. It was downstairs on the opposite end of the building...ALL the HRC's I've been to are like that... way back in the corner, a nice hike to get to. New Orleans, San Fran, Seattle, Orlando, Los Angeles.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I never got my coke.

I only met you that one time....I had no idea you had this side to you :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I never got my coke.

I only met you that one time....I had no idea you had this side to you :lol:

:lol:
    that's why I don't drink that much anymore...I handle 'food alcohol' better...like alcoholic whipped cream, ice cream mudslides, jello shots.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    at least I was 'clean' about it...i could have puked all over the window and given everybody a show.

If I puked on the guy next to me, he would have puked in return...he literally jumped over the guy who was on his other side...he has a weak stomach.

I don't know if I would have made it to the bathroom anyway. It was downstairs on the opposite end of the building...ALL the HRC's I've been to are like that... way back in the corner, a nice hike to get to. New Orleans, San Fran, Seattle, Orlando, Los Angeles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB4s7Qhf40
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

you'd think they would be a little more considerate to the "impulse pukers" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It was about 5pm
    "MOVE IT!"
    "MOVE!"
    "aw...you can wait"
    I never got my coke.

Yikes again!!! I think the moral of the story is that RKCNDY is not allowed to drink hurricanes within a 5 mile radius of any Hard Rock! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Nice! You know what my favorite thing about the MGM is? The mechanical horse racing table

drfr09-R1-04-6_005.jpg
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Nice! You know what my favorite thing about the MGM is? The mechanical horse racing table

drfr09-R1-04-6_005.jpg

I didn't know hey had one there. Nothing says degenerate gambler more than people wagerng on mechanical horses. :lol:

Edit:
    They do!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r30vH9aMjGw
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I didn't know hey had one there. Nothing says degenerate gambler more than people wagerng on mechanical horses. :lol:

Edit:
    They do!!

I know they do!!! haha! According to one of MGM's security guards, it's the only table like that in the country. Some of the craziest shit I've ever seen happen in Vegas has happened at that table at like 3am.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Edit:
    They do!!

I know they do!!! haha! According to one of MGM's security guards, it's the only table like that in the country. Some of the craziest shit I've ever seen happen in Vegas has happened at that table at like 3am.

I know one of the places in downtown Vegas had one but the last time I saw it there was in 07...wonder if the MGM bought that one? Now I'm even more excited.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Walk around this place especially in the daytime and it will blow your mind.

CityCenter_Las_Vegas.jpg.w560h372.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

City Center/Aria/Cosmopolitan?
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

City Center/Aria/Cosmopolitan?

Yes. Last year I must have stood and stared at those leaning buildings for an hour or so. I was walking back to the Luxor after a very long overnight session and I was extremely intoxicated at 10 or 11 in the morning. I'm sure people were staring at me! :lol:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Slots of Fun - the first time I was in Vegas I was in awe of these sick bad-boys!

103_0834.JPG
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Slots of Fun - the first time I was in Vegas I was in awe of these sick bad-boys!

103_0834.JPG

I had something like that at Mermaids. I think the thing was like a foot long.
  • Options

103_0834.JPG

Nice!!

Anyone ever go to the Boardwalk before they tore it down and get a 'burger pipe'? It looked like a brat or hot dog but was a burger...I never could get up the courage to try one!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Mamasan23 wrote:

103_0834.JPG

Nice!!

Anyone ever go to the Boardwalk before they tore it down and get a 'burger pipe'? It looked like a brat or hot dog but was a burger...I never could get up the courage to try one!

Urban Dictionary 'Burger Pipe'
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Urban Dictionary 'Burger Pipe'
    :lol::lol:

:o
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Now that I'm legal, I'm dying to go to Vegas.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Do it. 8-)
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Do it. 8-)

You can dooooo it! :lol:
    Seriously, as far as whacked out American places it is in the top 5.
    NYC
    Miami
    New Orleans
    Vegas
    LA (Hollywierd, Venice Beach, etc)
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

the boardwalk used to have a killer Prince tribute band - Purple Reign

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    there is just NO ONE that looks "right" eating a slots o' fun dog.
    No one.

slotsofun.jpg

is that dcfaithful???!!! :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me