Options

So is Eli better than Peyton?

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    BinFrog wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Brady fucking cost them the game last night. Funny how people are overlooking that this morning. The safety and the interception were AWFUL decisions...and that pass to Welker was catchable, but still not that good. Funny he hasn't done much since they got caught taping practices. The first SB win is definitely a farce. Without the coaching and d that he's had he's probably ringless.

Brady had a few key bad judgments and plays. But the Welker ball could have been caught. Branch dropped 2 and the drop by Hernandez was 100% inexcusable. I am not saying Brady is without fault, but a lot of blame is to be had elsewhere.

Brady hasn't done much since Spygate? Sets the record, that very same season after the story broke, for touchdown passes in a season and brings his team within 1 game of perfection while having a pretty weak defense? Leads them to the SB 4 years later? That's "nothing"?

"he hasn't done much". I'm not saying he's not a great qb, I just think most people put him above Manning simply b/c the rings and I just don't agree. The Eli/Peyton topping is just a joke.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    let's be honest, if welker catches that ball, the pats win last night...
    and if Ronnie Brown doesn't throw that backwards pass :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    Brady went out for the season and the Patriots were still good. Cassell had a good year, got a big contract with KC and now isnt very good.

Manning goes down and the bottom completely falls out on Indy.

I also think Marino is very underrated due to not winning a Super Bowl. I hate that the Super Bowl is used to try to make something with so much gray area (QB greatness) into a black and white issue.
  • Options

If Brady puts it on his numbers their chances were certainly better.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i don't know that. it's not like it was a dropped TD. they would have been in better shape
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This is tough for me to decide because I'm a big fan of both. I'm a little bias choosing Eli, but it's very close.

I'd have to say Eli is more clutch. If I have a team and I'm down in the 4th quarter, I want Eli.

Also, Eli has a better postseason record than Peyton: Eli is 8-3 in his playoff career and Peyton is 9-10.

With Eli winning a second Super Bowl, it makes this topic and discussion even tougher to decide. Peyton has played what, 4 or 5 more seasons than Eli? Eli is in his prime right now. He had his best season of his career so far this season.

Eli is ELIte!

Can the same question be asked if he's better than Brees and Rodgers?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    DewieCox wrote:

If Brady puts it on his numbers their chances were certainly better.

it wasn't a perfect pass but it was absolutely a catchable ball. one that must be made in that situation.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Eli-Manning-works-magic-one-more-time-C5UUJ7P-x-large.jpg

I just found this picture, does anyone know what year it's from?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i don't know that. it's not like it was a dropped TD. they would have been in better shape

it would have given them a first down, in field goal range, already up 2 with 4 minutes to go.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:

it would have given them a first down, in field goal range, already up 2 with 4 minutes to go.
    if, if, if, if ,if

If they still let the defense hit the QB then there might be a valid arguement that one of these 21st century QBs is as good as Montana or Bradshaw.
    #FHP
  • Options
    by the way, why is bradshaw even in this discussion?
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

hmm..i was thinking a drop on teh last drive....but yeah...make a catch...run some clock...kick a fg...win.

either way...glad he dropped it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: If you're saying he's that close to Peyton, then it doesn't need to be asked.
  • Options

agreed. he was a fine qb, but he had a killer D and a run game. he's like a trent dilfer with multiple blessings.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: If you're saying he's that close to Peyton, then it doesn't need to be asked.
    Ring wise, yes. ;)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Had to slip that in there. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    81 wrote:

agreed. he was a fine qb, but he had a killer D and a run game. he's like a trent dilfer with multiple blessings.

the trent dilfer thing is spot on. its like trent dilfer qb'ing that ravens team before the free agency age. :lol:

...well not quite, but i think we're on the same page
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    four , count em FOUR fucking SB rings. in FOUR count em FOUR appearances.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

how many?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

how many?
    umm, i think its four. Terry Bradshaw and company had 4 shots at a title and came away with 4 count em FOUR rings. But it was a team sport then. You know , with both an offense of 11 guys on the field and a defense of 11 guys.

I'd like to see Brady play as quarterack in the same league that Rothlesberger plays in. Tou know, the one that allows cheap ass shots taken at the QB?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    DewieCox wrote:
    The first SB win is definitely a farce. Without the coaching and d that he's had he's probably ringless.

Let's not forget he won all 3 without a big name receiver.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Peyton lost two?
    Peyton lost 1. Went to the Super Bowl twice.

Yes, that was an incorrect post on my part.
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    JK_Livin wrote:
    It's all subjective. Is Eli better because Welker dropped a pass yesterday and Asante Samuel dropped an INT 4 years ago? If it's titles then Eli is better. If not, I say Peyton.

It is all subjective, Brady's 3 Superbowls are by a combined 7 or 8 points, mainly due to Vinateri being a clutch kicker. They won which is all that mattered but they didn't steam roll over anyone.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

the trent dilfer thing is spot on. its like trent dilfer qb'ing that ravens team before the free agency age. :lol:

...well not quite, but i think we're on the same page

just looked back at the box score for the ravens/giants game....oh my god...had to be one of the worst games ever.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    The first SB win is definitely a farce. Without the coaching and d that he's had he's probably ringless.

Don't forget to remember that he hasn't won any since his receiving corp has been the better of the 2.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Don't forget to remember that he hasn't won any since his receiving corp has been the better of the 2.
    OR since they got busted for spygate? So maybe it hasnt been about how good they acually are at playing the game straight up. Maybe it was about stolen signals/formations.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

OR since they got busted for spygate? So maybe it hasnt been about how good they acually are at playing the game straight up. Maybe it was about stolen signals/formations.

Again, since Spygate they have been in 2 Superbowls. That's pretty %$^&ing impressive.

(I am a Giants fan...don't lose sight of that)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Peyton's biggest accomplishment is turning Indiana from a basketball-crazed state into a football-crazed state. Awards and stats pushed aside, if the Colt's drafted Ryan Leaf, they would be playing in L.A. right now ... and I would be surrounded by Bears fans. :o

I'll take having a NFL team over a failed post-season run any day of the week. :D Hopefully, I still get to see him suit up for the Colts next year, but if not, it's been a privilege to watch him play.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Peyton's biggest accomplishment is turning Indiana from a basketball-crazed state into a football-crazed state. Awards and stats pushed aside, if the Colt's drafted Ryan Leaf, they would be playing in L.A. right now ... and I would be surrounded by Bears fans. :o

I'll take having a NFL team over a failed post-season run any day of the week. :D Hopefully, I still get to see him suit up for the Colts next year, but if not, it's been a privilege to watch him play.

As a big football fan, and someone who had him as his starting FF QB more than once, yes.....he has been amazing to watch.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    just looked back at the box score for the ravens/giants game....oh my god...had to be one of the worst games ever.
    Yes it was.