Options

*~~* Tulsa EV preparty/afterparty 11/18 &11/19*~~*

Comments

• Options
    This is a public service announcement! We are still looking for donations of raffle & auction items. Also, if you have any Pearl Jam patches or gently used PJ/EV/Wishlist tee shirts that you would like to donate; we need'em. We have a few amazing projects that we are working on for y'all.

We would love for everyone to have the chance to be a VIP in Tulsa. The Hunt Club has a VIP room & has given us the option to use it. We are planning on auctioning off the use of it for both nights. Of course, all proceeds will be going to our chosen charities for the fundraiser.

Don't forget that Mrs Tulsa Tickets & Super Fan will be helping us sell raffle tickets. These characters are so amazing to take time out of their busy schedules to help us out. They will be walking the crowd at the party. If you would like your picture taken with them it's gonna cost you $5 to take one with your own personal camera. All funds raised from this will go to our chosen charities.

Also, please RSVP to the Facebook event if you haven't already.

HAVE A LOVELY DAY!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I just got a lovely donation in the mail! Yield vinyl :mrgreen: I have been told it has one slight imperfection on one song, I want to say Thin Air(man my memory is bad) but other than that it's quite lovely to listen to!

Thanks again Matt :D
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    :P
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    We're getting closer! Don't forget to go through your stash and find some goodies to donate.
    Do you make something cool? We love handmade donations too!
    Do you work for a cool company? See if they will donate!

Don't forget we are collecting items for the pug rescue. There is a list of items they need in the OP. Want to donate something to them but you're not coming to the party? They can always use gc for gas and gc for pet store(PetsMart) You can order these, or buy them, and send them directly to Homeward Bound.

We are still working on so many neat ideas to make these parties even more fun than our usual parties are! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AND we are still desperately needing PJ/EV patches! If you have an laying around consider donating them. You can send them directly to Melissa.

AND don't forget donated items ARE tax deductible.
  • Options
    YAY more donations in the mail today!
  • Options
    Good Morning! Hope everyone is ready for the upcoming weekend. If you have no plans you could always find something to donate for the fundraiser. Yes, that's right we are still needing donations to help sweeten the raffle & auction.

Also, if you have not rsvp'd at our fb event we would appreciate it if you would.

We are still waiting on more info on the VIP room at The Hunt Pub & Grub. So, anyone interested on donating funds for its use please contact either Mindi or me via pm or <!-- e --><a href="mailto:weaver.melissa@gmail.com">weaver.melissa@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. All proceeds will go to the parties' chosen charities.

One last thing. We will be silkscreening a few items with the parties' poster on them. If you are not familiar with the poster it is in this thread's 1st post. If you are interested in having one of these items please either post here or over on fb. We will not be making a lot of these so......I guess that makes them LIMITED EDITIONS! All proceeds from these items will be going to the chosen charities...of course.

Have a lovely day! And, if you pray.....please do for my smalltown, Branson, MO.
  • Options
    Don't forget we are doing a meet up/dinner/drinks on the 18th, probably at McNellies. If you want to join us, please let me or Melissa know so we can give the restaurant a head count estimate. Just an informal little get together. When we're working a party we don't get much time to sit and talk so we like to get together and relax a bit.
  • Options
    :mrgreen: 45 more days until the 18th! Informal get together at McNellies!
  • Options
    Next month!

Let's try to get some more awesome PJ/EV donations for the raffles and auctions. We're doing the party both nights so we'd love to have a nice variety of items for both nights.

Don't forget donations are tax deductible.
  • Options
    44 more days until party #1 :mrgreen:

Don't forget informal meet up on April 18th, we really need to know about how many people will be there, so please let us know if you're considering coming.
  • Options
    Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself ;) actually I do talk to myself all the time, but come on people let's see some action here! :mrgreen:

C&P from FB so if you read it there, you may skip it, I won't be mad.

Ok who is going to be the first to donate something HTF???? Got a Benny? PJ20 Deluxe DVD? Edward Songbook?
    You know you want to donate. We have 3 very worthy beneficiaries! Doing 2 parties so we need a nice assortment of items for both raffles and auctions.
    Dig deep in your closet to that stuff that sits in the darkness and gets no love. Those vinyls that are sitting on the shelf not being loved, just collecting dust. You can do it!
    8-)
  • Options
    I see there are some new tees in Goods, would be neat if someone wanted to buy one, or a few, to donate! :mrgreen:

We're down to forty-ish days, sorry I am horrible with numbers and dates, although I can tell you the weights all my kids were at birth(pretty impressive since I had 8)

I'm going to try to update the OP with what we have donated so far.
  • Options
    I just received the 2011 Montreal poster by Soto from jwhjr17 in the mail this morning! Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Getting some good donations in from the Tulsa community, including an awesome 918 tee from Boomtown Tees, a cooking class for two from The Stock Pot, and a whole bunch of Tulsa Drillers stuff. More to come!
    Austin 9/16/95, Kansas City 7/3/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, Kansas City 10/12/00, Kansas City 6/12/03, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, MSG 7/8/03, St. Louis 10/5/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, NJ 6/1/06, NJ 6/1/06, The Gorge 7/22/06, The Gorge 7/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, Bonnaroo 6/14/08, ACL 10/4/09, Kansas City 5/3/10, MSG 5/20/10, MSG 5/21/10, Voices for Justice, Little Rock, 8/28/10, PJ20
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    I am kicking around the idea of flying in from Virginia for both Tulsa shows. I am a CPA and usually go for a little R & R after 4/15.

So, anyone have an extra ticket? I am looking to hit up both shows for cost + beers. :D

Also, any recomended downtown hotels within walking distance of the venue?

Funny, I've never been to OK before, but my close friend is from Shawnee and we've been to four Sooner bowl games togeather (including the National Championship Orange Bowl win over FSU). I have all my gear!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    Bird889 wrote:
    I am kicking around the idea of flying in from Virginia for both Tulsa shows. I am a CPA and usually go for a little R & R after 4/15.

So, anyone have an extra ticket? I am looking to hit up both shows for cost + beers. :D

Funny, I've never been to OK before, but my close friend is from Shawnee and we've been to four Sooner bowl games togeather (including the National Championship Orange Bowl win over FSU). I have all my gear!
    I know someone on our FB page posted they had tickets fs for night 2. Are you on FB?
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,907
    I just received the 2011 Montreal poster by Soto from jwhjr17 in the mail this morning! Thank you very much!

Glad you got it!
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    Sounds like a great party!! :) hope I can make it! I have 2 sets of tickets to sell ( face value of course) So let me know if you're interested! Thanks & see you at the show :D
  • Options
    Getting some good donations in from the Tulsa community, including an awesome 918 tee from Boomtown Tees, a cooking class for two from The Stock Pot, and a whole bunch of Tulsa Drillers stuff. More to come!
    :mrgreen: We have some awesome donations coming in.
    You are doing so much, I'm such a slacker :P
  • Options
    I have face value tickets for the 19th!! PM me if interested!! :D
    Bird889 wrote:

• Options
    7 days until the first party!

While we have had some great donations come in, I admit, I always want a little more :mrgreen:

Also the pug rescue just rescued 32 pugs including a couple pregnant females(well of course they're females :lol: )

So they could really use some donations. If you'd like to donate something, but aren't coming, gift cards are great!
  • Options
    We are getting so many really awesome donations! Many THANKS to everyone that has donated!

But like I always say, more is better :mrgreen:

We're down to 36 days until party #1.

Don't forget some of us are getting together for dinner/drinks on the 18th, we were going to hit McNellies but they don't take reservations and have some sort of special that night so we're kinda looking for somewhere else. Any suggestions?
    Anyone is welcome to join us!
  • Options
    34 days! :mrgreen:

Got more donations in the mail yesterday, but if anyone still wants to donate, we won't turn you down. ;)
  • Options
    Everybody loves cheesecake, right?!?!

Well, I just received a call from the Cheesecake Factory in Tulsa. They are sending out a donation to my house! I'll update when I know what it is.

THANK YOU TULSA CHEESECAKE FACTORY!
  • Options
    My PJ buddy, Chuck, is in town visiting family & ran me over a few donations......We've got a 98 Yield tour bucket hat & the following posters: Vegas 03, Seattle 06, 98 Yield Summer tour, Camden 08, 15th Annual Bridge School Benefit 01, CCFA North American print 06, 2000 UK Tour Ames signed & number 434/2900 Ames, & Albany 06.

Thank you Chuck! You rock!
  • Options
    My PJ buddy, Chuck, is in town visiting family & ran me over a few donations......We've got a 98 Yield tour bucket hat & the following posters: Vegas 03, Seattle 06, 98 Yield Summer tour, Camden 08, 15th Annual Bridge School Benefit 01, CCFA North American print 06, 2000 UK Tour Ames signed & number 434/2900 Ames, & Albany 06.

Thank you Chuck! You rock!
    :shock:
    WOW Chuck thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I just received a text from Jason Baldwin's PR person. She said Jason would be more than happy to donate not just 1 but 2 items to our parties! As of now I do not know what Jason is donating, but I will update when I find out what we're getting! HOLY COW!
  • Options
    Red Lobster in Joplin is donating us some gift certificates for raffle! These are good at any Red Lobster in the US or Canada! Thank you Michael Flennikin GM of Tulsa's Red Lobster!
  • Options
    WooHoo! Awesome donations coming in.
    If you are still wanting/planning on donating contact Melissa(ozarkcoolchic) or me and we can make all thew arrangements.

Thanks to everyone that has donated, we can't do this without you! :mrgreen: