Hi! This is Bill Murray!

24

Comments

  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,258
    81 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Good story!

    If I was the guy I think I'd go by William, Willy, Billy, Liam or Patty.
    What about bob?


    I love that movie
    GIVE BLOOD
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo PhillyPosts: 7,343
    Only a week away...

    groundhog-day.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12;
    WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16

    Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11
    EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11
    Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    Only a week away...

    groundhog-day.jpg


    don't drive angry. don't drive angry!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,729
    norm wrote:
    Only a week away...

    groundhog-day.jpg


    don't drive angry. don't drive angry!


    :thumbup:

    best comedic actor ever?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    meatballs9.jpeg MeatBalls
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    hi....yeah, this is 81...i'm looking to do a refi....uh huh...that's my real name. my parents were 69 and 12...weird i know...so about that mortgage rate...what can you do for me....
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Good story!

    If I was the guy I think I'd go by William, Willy, Billy, Liam or Patty.
    What about bob?


    I love that movie

    What about Bob is so funny...

    love this scene..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjfLE5u ... re=related
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • chadwickchadwick up my assPosts: 21,157
    what about bob. i love bill murray
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

    "Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

    Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I still like him best in The Ghostbusters movies ... he was sexy in that movie :D

    Geez ... what an annoying character 'Bob' was

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 33,427
    i thought he was great in Dark Knight:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlT_lBYW ... re=related
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 14,550
    meatballs9.jpeg MeatBalls
    THIS is a funny movie!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rival.rival. ChicagoPosts: 7,776
    i am an enormous bill murray fan, but thought groundhog day was incredibly over rated.

    anyone else think so too?
  • rival.rival. ChicagoPosts: 7,776
    enough said:

    lifeaquatic2.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    Murray explained, “People are like, ‘Oh, I guess I invited him.’ As long as you behave well and you’re willing to dance, people are OK with you being at a party.”

    http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/08/23 ... ay-cronin/
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    i am an enormous bill murray fan, but thought groundhog day was incredibly over rated.

    anyone else think so too?

    you are misguided.
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    norm wrote:
    Murray explained, “People are like, ‘Oh, I guess I invited him.’ As long as you behave well and you’re willing to dance, people are OK with you being at a party.”

    http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/08/23 ... ay-cronin/

    we should invite Bill to our party in MT! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    afroannnie wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Murray explained, “People are like, ‘Oh, I guess I invited him.’ As long as you behave well and you’re willing to dance, people are OK with you being at a party.”

    http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/08/23 ... ay-cronin/

    we should invite Bill to our party in MT! :D

    hmmm...i wonder if i could make that happen :think:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    norm wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Murray explained, “People are like, ‘Oh, I guess I invited him.’ As long as you behave well and you’re willing to dance, people are OK with you being at a party.”

    http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/08/23 ... ay-cronin/

    we should invite Bill to our party in MT! :D

    hmmm...i wonder if i could make that happen :think:

    That would be amazing...just tell him about the alcoholic whipped cream and mustache rides and he'll be there :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 30,328
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    a couple of bill items...
    tumblr_mbwdkksM0e1qzw499o1_400.jpg
    Around 2 p.m., DiLella and his fellow kickballers were playing a game in a field on New York City’s Roosevelt Island. Murray “popped out of nowhere” and began interacting with the players. “He was bouncing the ball… ran over to second base. Played for a bit… Gave us all high-fives and let us pose with him in the picture,” DiLella explained over email. After the above photo was shot, Murray went over to one of the players’ moms — who was behind the camera — and “picked her up in his arms.” Soon after posing for a second shot, Murray left with “three young boys” — DiLella assumes they were Murray’s sons. Could be; Murray’s youngest kids, all boys, are 17, 15, and 11 years old.

    ***********************************************
    AVC: It seems like your sex scene in the film must be one of the most uncomfortable in cinematic history, being up against a rock wall and all.

    Kelly Lynch: Oh, I know, but I was padded. [Laughs.] No one knows, so it looks more painful that it was. They really liked everything about the way that scene looked, with the blonde hair against the rocks behind me, but I was like, “Isn’t this kind of… mean?” So they put a thin padding under my dress, so you can’t see it. But he’s still slamming me against the rocks, so I had to be careful not to hit my head. Thank God Patrick was so strong. He could’ve carried me around that room forever.

    By the way, speaking of Bill Murray, every time Road House is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV—and they’re always watching TV—one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler], “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” [Away from the receiver.] What? Oh, my God. Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia.

    AVC: Sorry, not to dwell on this, but you said that Bill Murray “or one of his idiot brothers” will call. Which brothers are we talking about?

    KL: All of them! Joel has called; Brian Doyle has called. They will all call! Any and all of them!

    AVC: This was already an awesome story, but now it’s even better.

    KL: I know, right? I dread it. If I know it’s coming on—and I can tell when it’s coming on, because it blows up on Twitter when it is—I’m just like, “Oh, my God…” And God help me when AMC’s doing their Road House marathon, because I know the phone is just going to keep ringing. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 3 in morning. “Hi, Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now…”
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/kelly-ly ... ing,86567/
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,948
    Has anybody heard of the Bill Murray "No one will ever believe you" stories? From what I understand if he notices someone that recognizes him, he'll go to them and do something stupid and say, "no one will ever believe you." I remember one story where someone spotted him in a restaurant, he came over and took a giant bite out of their food then busted out the aforementioned line to the stunned fan, and left.

    If these are true (and I want to believe they are), that's just proof that he is the epitome of awesome.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 33,427
    Has anybody heard of the Bill Murray "No one will ever believe you" stories? From what I understand if he notices someone that recognizes him, he'll go to them and do something stupid and say, "no one will ever believe you." I remember one story where someone spotted him in a restaurant, he came over and took a giant bite out of their food then busted out the aforementioned line to the stunned fan, and left.

    If these are true (and I want to believe they are), that's just proof that he is the epitome of awesome.

    yeah i remember hearing that somewhere. gotta be on the coolest dudes who ever lived :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 33,427
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, INPosts: 2,465
    norm wrote:
    By the way, speaking of Bill Murray, every time Road House is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV—and they’re always watching TV—one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler], “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” [Away from the receiver.] What? Oh, my God. Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia.

    I just read this story today too, hilarious! :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,948
    I was just there fact-checking my post.
  • guy calls into my work today:

    guy- Hi! This is Bill Murray!

    me (sarcastically)- Bill Murray? Wow I loved you in Lost in Translation!

    guy- ...................dead silence for 5 solid, and i mean solid, seconds........which is a longer amount of time than it seems

    guy- I'm not the actor.

    me- Uh....yeah I know....I was just.....okay, how can I help you?


    if your name is bill fucking murray and you're clearly tired of people goofing around with your name, don't start a conversation by celebrating the fact that you are named bill fucking murray. or go by william or something.


    could be worse. could have be named mike bolton :lol:

    This kinda reminds me of this Curb Your Enthusiasm scene:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdSpwEpEnv4
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

    Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • rival.rival. ChicagoPosts: 7,776
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    i am an enormous bill murray fan, but thought groundhog day was incredibly over rated.

    anyone else think so too?

    you are misguided.

    :lol:

    i base 4 out of every 10 of my decisions based on the logic of, "what would bill murray do in this situation?" while groundhog day is a GREAT flick, it definitely takes the back seat to: lost in translation, ghostbusters, life aquatic, royal tenebaums, kingpin, what about bob, scrooged, stripes, and fuck... even ghostbusters 2.

    those are some great movies. dude is a genius.

  • This was very enjoyable. Isn't the internet great?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

    Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • rival.rival. ChicagoPosts: 7,776
    Has anybody heard of the Bill Murray "No one will ever believe you" stories? From what I understand if he notices someone that recognizes him, he'll go to them and do something stupid and say, "no one will ever believe you." I remember one story where someone spotted him in a restaurant, he came over and took a giant bite out of their food then busted out the aforementioned line to the stunned fan, and left.

    If these are true (and I want to believe they are), that's just proof that he is the epitome of awesome.

    yes. he has a house in rockland county, ny... right outside of NYC. and he is known for randomly walking around manhattan, sneaks up behind random people, puts his hands over their eyes and when they turn around all startled just to realize it is bill murray, he says, "no one will ever believe you" and just walks away.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,948
    rival. wrote:
    yes. he has a house in rockland county, ny... right outside of NYC. and he is known for randomly walking around manhattan, sneaks up behind random people, puts his hands over their eyes and when they turn around all startled just to realize it is bill murray, he says, "no one will ever believe you" and just walks away.
    Heh, how can one not love the guy?
Sign In or Register to comment.