Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,919
    Steelers are expected to sign Russell Wilson.  Not saying I'm a huge Pickett fan, but...what in the actual fuck? 

Quarterback Russell Wilson plans to sign with Steelers when new league year begins (nfl.com)

1 yr contract for 1.21 million.Released Trubisky. Who at least didnt make a whole lot of mistakes but he wasnt exactly winning games as opposed to not losing many?So RW makes sense just on the cap alone. They DID give the ball way too early to Pickett after Ben left. Dudes got talent and will be a great longterm fit, but fuck let these rookies adjust to the speed first then throw them to the wolves.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    mickeyrat said:
    Steelers are expected to sign Russell Wilson.  Not saying I'm a huge Pickett fan, but...what in the actual fuck? 

Quarterback Russell Wilson plans to sign with Steelers when new league year begins (nfl.com)

1 yr contract for 1.21 million.Released Trubisky. Who at least didnt make a whole lot of mistakes but he wasnt exactly winning games as opposed to not losing many?So RW makes sense just on the cap alone. They DID give the ball way too early to Pickett after Ben left. Dudes got talent and will be a great longterm fit, but fuck let these rookies adjust to the speed first then throw them to the wolves.
    I think it makes sense at that price.  Now you have a veteran in the event that Pickett is a bust.  The defense is good enough to be competitive every game, you just have to find 24 points.  In the world of veteran backups, Wilson would be just about as good as it gets.  
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    Good points, especially considering the money.  It seemed Pickett didn't respond well to being in a back-up role there towards the end of the season, so it'll be interested to see how he deals with Wilson being the starter, should that happen.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Good points, especially considering the money.  It seemed Pickett didn't respond well to being in a back-up role there towards the end of the season, so it'll be interested to see how he deals with Wilson being the starter, should that happen.  
    I presume it's Pickett's job going into practice.  But if he gets benched,  one would think the Steelers move on at that point. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,518
    I can’t stand Russ but I think I heard he threw 42 TD’s in the past 2 years and Pickett threw 13.

Packers released the guy who was pretty much the reason I won my FF league.

and how much money has Kirk Cousins made through the years? $600M? $700M?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OK…”only” about $400M

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Wobbie said:
    OK…”only” about $400M

The Ringer posted this:

"Tom Brady retired with north of $330 million in earnings for his 23-year NFL career. Peyton Manning nearly hit $250 million in his 18 years in the league. Kirk Cousins, who is entering his age-36 season, is coming off an Achilles tear, and has a career 1-3 playoff record, will clear $400 million in career earnings over 16 seasons if he plays out the duration of the new contract he agreed to with the Falcons."

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    Wobbie said:
    russell “let’s ride” wilson earned 3x as much PER WIN as Purdy’s entire four year rookie contract.

just mind boggling stupid what denver gave up and then paid to get him. I never liked the dude but I certainly don’t blame him for saying “sure!” 👍🏾
    Well the dumbest thing about his contract is they already had him via trade. The DeShaun Watson contract is every bit as bad, but Cleveland wanted him (for some reason) and needed to extend his contract to get him. The Broncos had Russ at the end of his old contract after the trade, extended the contract before he played a down for them, and look like the stupidest team in the league because of it. 
    I think that's why Elway stepped away from day to day.  Last straw.
    Hmm...I actually figured Elway was among the dumbasses that was in favor of this Russ extension. 
    Yes exactly, That was why i said that.  The Broncos were actually HAPPY to sign him for an extension.

How many QB's have fallen off a cliff from greatness over the past couple of years?
    RG3
    Cam Newton
    Russ

These 3 come to mind. MVP, super bowl or just plain great QB's, actually I never thought RG3 was great.

When was RG3 "great?"
    Failure to read the last sentence where i state that, thank you for playing, lol!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    Wobbie said:
    OK…”only” about $400M

The Ringer posted this:

"Tom Brady retired with north of $330 million in earnings for his 23-year NFL career. Peyton Manning nearly hit $250 million in his 18 years in the league. Kirk Cousins, who is entering his age-36 season, is coming off an Achilles tear, and has a career 1-3 playoff record, will clear $400 million in career earnings over 16 seasons if he plays out the duration of the new contract he agreed to with the Falcons."

Difference being that those 2 QB's actually won SBs whereas Cousins never will.
  • Options
    wroggers may have to juggle practice, mcafee and the campaign trail. STFU.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    Wobbie said:
    wroggers may have to juggle practice, mcafee and the campaign trail. STFU.
    He won't have to worry about practice after the Achilles that he self healed with witchcraft and ayahuasca tea snaps on day 1 of training camp.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,919
    jameis winston signing as back up at the factory of sadness....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't mind that.  He's a lot like Flacco.  Sling it around, throw for 400 yards, 3 TDs and 3 Int, cost you the game with a late TO.  It's all on-brand.  
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

some real "character guys" in the QB room...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

The documentary in the works is titled "Crab Legs and Happy Endings"
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

Oh here we go again.  The Puritans of 10C ignore their team while throwing stones. And forget that young people make mistakes.  Give me a fucking break. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,232
    what Jameis did at end of Falcons/Saints game last year tells it all

shame he left New Orleans, you know some sort of pay back would be done

if you dont know

Saints Lined up in Victory formation at the end from the goaline...He handed the ball off to RB so he could score his 1st TD of the season in a blowout

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

And forget that young people make mistakes.  Give me a fucking break. 
    So, you're dismissing Watson's exploits as a young dude making some mistakes?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    I love how it all comes back to Watson being a dirt ball.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I love how it all comes back to Watson being a dirt ball.

I love how you bring up shit that you can't defend all of the time.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

Are you saying what Watson did was worse than other player's in the league that have received second chances?  Cuz I can roll of some serious criminal shit where second chances were given.  Namely by the Niners and Cowboys, whose fans seem to be particularly high and mighty.  But if we talk about Watson, are we going to talk about Texans management who set him up in the hotel and wrote the NDA's for him?  That's cool right.. no reason they should get any grief for that.  That would be like punishing Jerry Jones or Kraft for their shit.  Can't have that.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

And BTW, I was talking about Winston.  Thought that was clear.  And Wobbie's stupid ass comment.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    Everyone that thinks Watson is a terrible person because of his actions is dumb.  You are smart.

Got it.

• Options
    Everyone that thinks Watson is a terrible person because of his actions is dumb.  You are smart.

Got it.

There's lots of terrible people in the NFL both at the player and management level.  Do you need examples?  You are a fucking hypocritical genius.  
  • Options
    I'm sorry for you that this is so upsetting.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for you that this is so upsetting.
    Am I typing in all caps or something? 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Guys, guys.  We don't need to worry about massaging Deshaun Watson's ego any further...
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

And BTW, I was talking about Winston.  Thought that was clear.  And Wobbie's stupid ass comment.  
    Wobbie's comment was "some real character guys in the QB room"
    That would include Watson.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

Are you saying what Watson did was worse than other player's in the league that have received second chances?  Cuz I can roll of some serious criminal shit where second chances were given.  Namely by the Niners and Cowboys, whose fans seem to be particularly high and mighty.  But if we talk about Watson, are we going to talk about Texans management who set him up in the hotel and wrote the NDA's for him?  That's cool right.. no reason they should get any grief for that.  That would be like punishing Jerry Jones or Kraft for their shit.  Can't have that.  
    Watson is by no means the only one with culpability in the sexual assault cases against him, but he's by far the most culpable. Why you would ever defend him is beyond me.
    Texans organization certainly also at fault, but not as much as the POS who perpetrated the crimes. But at least he was sufficiently punished with a $230M fully guaranteed contract.