The National Football League

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    nex gen stats...”he had a 13.9% chance of completing that pass”....STFU and fuck exit velocity and launch angle while we’re at it.
    Amen!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Can we talk more about the officiating and the coaches challenge please.

IF a call wasn't called the coach challenges the ref's "missed" call.

So if the coach saw PI but the refs did not they can challenge that.  How stupid...
    Should probably make rules that are clearly defined and train officials on proper examples to call and not call.  Officiating in every sport is terrible, but the NFL certainly doesn't do its officials any justice by changing the damn rules every year.  Everyone knows what a "catch" is.  Or, what a catch should be, I should say. But the NFL has to define it so that no one - players, coaches, officials, announcers - fucking knows what something as simple as catching a fucking ball is.  The NFL remains a complete fucking joke of a league and I don't understand why this country is so invested in such a poorly operated organization.  Then again, we elected Trump so it shouldn't surprise me that the citizens of this country prefer a bullshit laughing stock of a sport over everything else.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Rivera fired as HC from Carolina
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    That's what happens when you lose at home to the Redskins.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • igotid88 said:
    Rivera fired as HC from Carolina
    Kind of shitty considering their star QB isn't playing.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012

new Owner in Carolina, writing was on the wall from the owners comments a few weeks back

2019 Black Monday Firings
    Dan Quinn- ATL
    Jason Garrett- DAL
    Bill Callahan- WAS
    Anthony Lynn -LAC
    Pat Shurmer- NYG
    Freddie " They Started it" Kitchens- SHITSTAINS
    Doug Marrone- JAX

maybes
    Matt Nagy- CHI
    Matt Patricia- Last Place Hoffa seen
    Brian Flores-MIA ( If Racist Ross can get Harbaugh)
    Adam "Googly Eyes" Gase- NYJ

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Miami would be nuts to fire Flores.  The guy has performed a miracle this season.  Went from a legit 'worst team ever' conversation to although bad, somewhat dangerous and respectable.
  • MayDay10 said:
    Miami would be nuts to fire Flores.  The guy has performed a miracle this season.  Went from a legit 'worst team ever' conversation to although bad, somewhat dangerous and respectable.
    No way he gets fired. He's done a great job given the fact that they blew the team up and started over. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited December 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    No way he gets fired. He's done a great job given the fact that they blew the team up and started over. 
    Only for Harbaugh & a QB in the draft scenario

Ross loves Michigan, Harbaugh.... Harbaugh losing year after year to OSU can’t keep happening, especially when it isn’t even close
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    How long before Marvin Lewis is given another HC job?  I don't think next year, but some owner will be looking at names in a few seasons, see Marvin's name pop up, and somehow have a foggy memory of him being somewhat successful (a fallacious assertion).  Arizona seems like a lock.
  • CROJAM95 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Only for Harbaugh & a QB in the draft scenario

Ross loves Michigan, Harbaugh.... Harbaugh losing year after year to OSU can’t keep happening, especially when it isn’t even close
    Yeah I remember a lot of Harbaugh talk back when he eventually signed with the 49ers. Still though, I think Flores is pretty safe. I would almost consider this a "red shirt" year for him anyway given the roster.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Adam Gase should get another year just for shits sake.  I can't imagine what high priced talent would want to walk in their anyways?

Pat Shurmur too.  That is a coach who HIRED HIS OWN GM!!!!  Another disaster that needs to roll out another year.

Both the Jets and Giants are collecting parts and once they get a few more they can rock n roll w a different coach.
    Adam Gase should get another year just for shits sake.  I can't imagine what high priced talent would want to walk in their anyways?

Pat Shurmur too.  That is a coach who HIRED HIS OWN GM!!!!  Another disaster that needs to roll out another year.

Both the Jets and Giants are collecting parts and once they get a few more they can rock n roll w a different coach.
    Gase hired his own GM.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Adam Gase should get another year just for shits sake.  I can't imagine what high priced talent would want to walk in their anyways?

Gase hired his own GM.
    yeah, I fucked that one up...

I write too quick but you get the gist.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited December 2019
    Wobbie said:
    nex gen stats...”he had a 13.9% chance of completing that pass”....STFU and fuck exit velocity and launch angle while we’re at it.
    ok boomer

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/282535/ok-boomer/p1?new=1
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Mmmm. Thursday Night Football. 

Shortening careers for an entire generation of players since 2006.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Wobbie said:
    ok boomer

I'm not a boomer and I hate stupid stats like that too...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Looks like quote feature is back to normal...our long national nightmare is finally over.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    ikiT said:
    Mmmm. Thursday Night Football. 

Shortening careers for an entire generation of players since 2006.
    Both these teams played last Thursday so doesn’t come into play this week.

does garrett get fired after this game?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:
    ok boomer

ok boomer
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Give Dak his $40 million
    I miss igotid88
  • Wobbie said:
    ok boomer

ok boomer
    "You're" an idiot...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread
  • Bears beat Dallas?  Jeesh...
    nice start for my Fantast Playoffs, had Zeke & Cooper....Amari didn't do shit til late
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    y'all got anymore of those 49ers/Saints game?
    (insert dave chappele meme)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited December 2019
    goddamn, it sounds like a Pittsburgh home game......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    caught the final of kc v ne.

great to see......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

great to see......
    The Pats were robbed.  The officiating looked like they were against them.  Seriously.
    mickeyrat said:

great to see......
    The Pats were robbed.  The officiating looked like they were against them.  Seriously.
    pats lose. great to see.........

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    So if the Pats get the fumble call on Kelce, and the TD for Harry correctly called by the refs they win.  Nevermind there's another team on the other side of the field, with the reigning MVP, that still could have overcome those if they were called correctly.  YOU HAVE SIX SUPER BOWLS!!!  It's about damn time the other team got a break.  I knew at 23-7 this wasn't going to be a cake walk, but the defense made the stop to win the game for once!  CHIEEEEEEEEFS!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.