Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Hahaha this is soooo dumb 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,315
    Why didn't Graham use both hands on that catch?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    brutal eagle on eagle crime.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Rodgers comes across as such an asshole. Never his fault 
  • Options
    it sure seemed to me that there was pass interference on that final pick. am I dreaming? if not, I thought you could challenge non-calls :confused:

did anyone hear how the eagle they carted off is doing?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

OMG this is hysterical!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    You can't challenge in the last 2 minutes, all replays are initiated by the replay booth during that time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Lol what the fuck are these pass inteference challenges 
    I'm just reading this today but it has to be about the phantom calls early in the game.  Disrupted the flow too.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,257
    I'm just reading this today but it has to be about the phantom calls early in the game.  Disrupted the flow too.
    In five years they’re gonna be challenging holding calls. Stupid fucking rule
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    They aren't that dumb, but they might do it for a year to create talk then remove it so everyone will love it more again and create more talk, lol!
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    One rule I've never understood why isn't reviewable are facemasks.  There's no judgement call there and it results in 15 yards one way or the other.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,257
    They aren't that dumb, but they might do it for a year to create talk then remove it so everyone will love it more again and create more talk, lol!
    I know. I was exaggerating. Just seems that that's the way this is headed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    You can't challenge in the last 2 minutes, all replays are initiated by the replay booth during that time.
    they shoulda reviewed that one. blatant PI.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Burfict suspended for rest of season.
    I know he has quite a history, but that seems excessive. League really needs to set up some kind of strict guidelines on suspensions rather than Goodell just going by what fancies him that day.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I think its a pretty safe that the league is better and safer without Burfict's participation.   Enough is enough with this guy
  • Options
    "You can't have all boy scouts"
    - Mike Mayock
    • First Antonio Brown is gone
    • Second Vontaze Burfict is suspended for a dirty hit
    Over/Under on how long Richie Incognito lasts?

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    - Mike Mayock

Good question as we all know he's a ticking time bomb too.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    - Mike Mayock

Good question as we all know he's a ticking time bomb too.
    And he was suspended by the league for the first 2 weeks of the season because of an off-the-field incident!

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Poncier said:
    I know he has quite a history, but that seems excessive. League really needs to set up some kind of strict guidelines on suspensions rather than Goodell just going by what fancies him that day.
    It’s good he is out of the league but you’re absolutely right about consistency.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,694
    edited October 2019
    Poncier said:
    It’s good he is out of the league but you’re absolutely right about consistency.
    dude has a history of illegal hits with suspensions behind them , being told at each the consequences escalate. as well as other suspensions. fuck him.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-suspensions-timeline-raiders-reckless-behavior-nfl/6yjrogquplla141imolarye89

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Suspending Burfict for the remainder of the season is one of the few things those clowns have got right, are you kidding me? 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I don’t think Burflict did himself any good by smiling and waving to the crowd when he was ejected.  He is about to turn 30.  He may have a few years left but his prime earning days are over.  

I’m sure the Pats will sign him for a sack of rice and used Huffy bike in the offseason and he will go on to make the pro bowl...

• Options
    Jason P said:
    I don’t think Burflict did himself any good by smiling and waving to the crowd when he was ejected.  He is about to turn 30.  He may have a few years left but his prime earning days are over.  

I’m sure the Pats will sign him for a sack of rice and used Huffy bike in the offseason and he will go on to make the pro bowl...

And the pissing & moaning from the rest of the country would be epic.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Relentless D don’t need ‘em.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    the red rifle was a tackling dummy last night.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    dude has a history of illegal hits with suspensions behind them , being told at each the consequences escalate. as well as other suspensions. fuck him.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-suspensions-timeline-raiders-reckless-behavior-nfl/6yjrogquplla141imolarye89

That's why I said it's good he is out of the league.  Two different things here.  1. Burfict suspended = good.  2. NFL punishment structure = there is no structure.  I don't think Burfict's suspension is excessive at all; I think it's the absolute right thing.  But here's the issue.  They've played what? 3-4 games?  So he's suspended 12-13 games for illegal hits, which he has a history of.  Ok, that's perfectly fine and justifiable.  But Ray Rice initially got 4 games for KO'ing his fiancee with video evidence. Not a series of on-field, in-game infractions over several seasons. An actual crime, off the field, in public, with clear evidence.  How do you say one is worth 75% of a season and the other only 25%?  And then there's Tom Brady and his 4 games for some bullshit air inflation witch hunt.  How is that worth the same as Rice's initial suspension?  There is absolutely no consistency in NFL punishments and it needs to be better defined.
    You have guys getting fined thousands, if not tens-of-thousands for wearing a fuckin non-jersey color sleeve under their uniform or shiny cleats, etc.  But then guys get lesser fines for nearly decapitating another player.  How is a uniform infraction worth more than a dirty play? Why are there even uniform infractions to begin with?  Pants, jersey, helmet should be the only requirements.  Cleats, undershirts, thermal layers, gloves, socks... who gives a shit?  It makes no sense.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    The NFL and NFLPA should set up an independent third group that handles the fines and suspensions.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

That's why I said it's good he is out of the league.  Two different things here.  1. Burfict suspended = good.  2. NFL punishment structure = there is no structure.  I don't think Burfict's suspension is excessive at all; I think it's the absolute right thing.  But here's the issue.  They've played what? 3-4 games?  So he's suspended 12-13 games for illegal hits, which he has a history of.  Ok, that's perfectly fine and justifiable.  But Ray Rice initially got 4 games for KO'ing his fiancee with video evidence. Not a series of on-field, in-game infractions over several seasons. An actual crime, off the field, in public, with clear evidence.  How do you say one is worth 75% of a season and the other only 25%?  And then there's Tom Brady and his 4 games for some bullshit air inflation witch hunt.  How is that worth the same as Rice's initial suspension?  There is absolutely no consistency in NFL punishments and it needs to be better defined.
    You have guys getting fined thousands, if not tens-of-thousands for wearing a fuckin non-jersey color sleeve under their uniform or shiny cleats, etc.  But then guys get lesser fines for nearly decapitating another player.  How is a uniform infraction worth more than a dirty play? Why are there even uniform infractions to begin with?  Pants, jersey, helmet should be the only requirements.  Cleats, undershirts, thermal layers, gloves, socks... who gives a shit?  It makes no sense.
    first I think you have to separate on field issues with legal issues when comparing punishments.  I think you have to treat them as separate entities and not compare them at all.  So while Ray Rice's suspension compared to Tom Brady's was the same in length they really are two different things (including the fact that ray rice has never played a game since regardless of said suspension length). one affects the game itself and one just shows ray rice as a garbage human being.   i think it's always been kind of tricky trying to deal out punishment for legal issues that don't affect the on field game itself.  it's a very tricky situation and honestly i don't know what the answer is.  how do you determine punishments for on field vs off field transgressions?  

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

first I think you have to separate on field issues with legal issues when comparing punishments.  I think you have to treat them as separate entities and not compare them at all.  So while Ray Rice's suspension compared to Tom Brady's was the same in length they really are two different things (including the fact that ray rice has never played a game since regardless of said suspension length). one affects the game itself and one just shows ray rice as a garbage human being.   i think it's always been kind of tricky trying to deal out punishment for legal issues that don't affect the on field game itself.  it's a very tricky situation and honestly i don't know what the answer is.  how do you determine punishments for on field vs off field transgressions?  

Good question.  It's an integrity issue. In the cases of Brady & Rice, one is integrity of the game (as in the rules of play), the other integrity of the league itself (the company you keep).  Any normal person with a regular job would likely be fired or suspended for both.  For instance, if I'm not granted access to a certain level to do things at work, but manage to circumvent that to accomplish personal goals, I'm likely fired for a security breach.  If I am involved in potential felony assault, even if I'm not charged, I'm likely fired.
  • Options

Ray Rice's original suspension for punching out his fiancé was TWO games (before the video became public... a video that was already in the possession of the league front office).