Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Worst coaching ever in a super bowl.  (McGenius)
    This was the win for New England's coach.  His team might not have been great - but they made it to the SB and won 
    Other than their first one, I think this was his best coaching performance (whole season, not just the game). I actually thought they were about done after the Steelers loss which came after that brutal Dolphins loss. You never see them lose two in a row like that. Then they went back to the basics, smash mouth football, and steamrolled all the way through to yesterday. 
    And McSham called what may go down as the absolute worst offensive game in Super Bowl coaching history.
    I do not think that is hyperbole - I think he was that bad.  It was as if he had an idea of what he thought would work and just stuck with that throughout the game, even though BB stuffed that plan back up his butt.
    Neither team really moved the ball or scored.

BOTH teams were coached good.  To deny McVay of that is just silly.
    He calls their plays and they were a field goal away from being shut out......
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Their D is fully coached by Son of Bum.
    McVay was awful.  I was rooting for him/them but their play calling was atrocious.  Every bit of credit to BB but it takes 2 to see a 3 point total.  D coaching being good, shitty O coaching.  No other way to play an entire game and come away with 3 points.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    This was the win for New England's coach.  His team might not have been great - but they made it to the SB and won 
    Other than their first one, I think this was his best coaching performance (whole season, not just the game). I actually thought they were about done after the Steelers loss which came after that brutal Dolphins loss. You never see them lose two in a row like that. Then they went back to the basics, smash mouth football, and steamrolled all the way through to yesterday. 
    And McSham called what may go down as the absolute worst offensive game in Super Bowl coaching history.
    I do not think that is hyperbole - I think he was that bad.  It was as if he had an idea of what he thought would work and just stuck with that throughout the game, even though BB stuffed that plan back up his butt.

They scored the least amount of points in the history of the Super Bowl. I was hoping at some point he'd be able to pull a rabbit out of his hat to change the momentum. A reverse or a trick-play or something. But instead they were doing the same stuff in the 4th quarter that wasn't working in the 1st quarter. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    And I am not saying he is not a good coach...just that this game/matchup was too big for him.  His plan was not up to the task in a way -- only SB VI saw a team only score 3 points.  1 other time.  That is awful.
    Pats were not the 85 bears.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The dude is 33 years. He'll be fine.
  • Options
    The dude is 33 years. He'll be fine.
    His career is over.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The Dodgers averaged more runs per game (3.2) in the World Series than points the Rams scored last night.  Pitchers and catchers report in 10 days!!!
  • Options
    The Dodgers averaged more runs per game (3.2) in the World Series than points the Rams scored last night.  Pitchers and catchers report in 10 days!!!
    :lol:   
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Saints woulda been 100x better game, not just saying in hindsight ..... Goff made some nice throws in NFC championship game, but this one is different animal. That pick he threw targeted Cooks with a jumpball vs Gilmore and being so late on that wide open td to Cooks earlier says everything.

Edelman is nice, but to not have a better game plan vs him especially after the chiefs game is atrocious 

Belechick gameplan another Gem

• Options
    And I am not saying he is not a good coach...just that this game/matchup was too big for him.  His plan was not up to the task in a way -- only SB VI saw a team only score 3 points.  1 other time.  That is awful.
    Pats were not the 85 bears.

They scored the least amount of points in the history of the Super Bowl. I was hoping at some point he'd be able to pull a rabbit out of his hat to change the momentum. A reverse or a trick-play or something. But instead they were doing the same stuff in the 4th quarter that wasn't working in the 1st quarter. 
    Something else I didn't see much of was Gurley running.

Goff didn't seem himself either.

Wade Phillips did a great job as usual.
  • Options
    The game was a defensive game, yet they picked 8 yds per reception Edelman as its MVP. Why not Gilmore? He had the game winning play. Broke passes up. And made five tackles (and there weren’t a ton of tackles to be made with the 3 and out Rams).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Offensive genius until the 15 second mark on the playclock. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    man, that American Grey Cup was the worst football game I've ever witnessed. "defensive gem". LOL. that's funny. it was an offensive pile of shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The game was a defensive game, yet they picked 8 yds per reception Edelman as its MVP. Why not Gilmore? He had the game winning play. Broke passes up. And made five tackles (and there weren’t a ton of tackles to be made with the 3 and out Rams).
    I agree that nobody was a superstar...but as well as the Rams played on D they struggled with Edelman's short routes. 
    Honestly, his continually getting open and catching passes only served to highlight that the frigging Rams should have been trying some short/quick crossing routes. 
    Duh.

I do love the Super Bowl and had a good time watching.  Good excuse to eat a bunch of tasty food and drink far too many coors lights from my Das Horn, which only is used during Super Bowl.
    The last few were more entertaining than this one, for sure.
  • Options
    This game was akin to watching Arkansas play Mississippi State in a "battle" between 6th place SEC teams.
    Aka a fucking snoozefest.
  • Options
    Yeah I think it should have been Gilmore too. Not just for the big plays he made, but as a representative of the defense that dominated. Edleman's stats look good on paper; 10 catches for 141 yards, which is 14 yards per reception (not sure where you're getting 8 from). But most of his catches were in the first half and it all led to just three points for the Pats. I guess you can argue that Edleman's constant moving of the chains kept the Rams D on the field, and by the 4th quarter, they were gassed and couldn't stop the run. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Yeah I think it should have been Gilmore too. Not just for the big plays he made, but as a representative of the defense that dominated. Edleman's stats look good on paper; 10 catches for 141 yards, which is 14 yards per reception (not sure where you're getting 8 from). But most of his catches were in the first half and it all led to just three points for the Pats. I guess you can argue that Edleman's constant moving of the chains kept the Rams D on the field, and by the 4th quarter, they were gassed and couldn't stop the run. 

I was just getting snarkey with my 8 yds comment.

For the second game in a row... the Pats played a conservative ball control offence (everything within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage minus a play here and a play there). The Rams did a much better job of responding to it than the Chefs did in the AFC championship. The Chefs got nickeled and dimed to death in excruciating fashion.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    The punters deserved to be MVP.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I liked that the Rams' punter made what appeared to be his worst punt of the night and it turned into his best.
    We did see a hell of a punting clinic.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    OMG, how great would that have been, lol!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I enjoyed the game.  Not as exciting as last year, but better than a blow out.  The defenses put on a hell of a show and neither team could move the ball. I really thought the Rams were going to find a way to score. Oh well.  Patriot/Brady dynasty secured.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The 1st half was nothing special, but overall it was a good game, both defences played well.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I don’t think it was necessarily a “good game,” but I think people are overreacting by calling it the worst ever. It’s like people forget about all the blowouts we used to have back in the day. At least this was close. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    At least there's some action in the blowouts.  This game was a total dud.  The only thing it had going for it was that it wasn't a comedy of errors.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    I don’t think it was necessarily a “good game,” but I think people are overreacting by calling it the worst ever. It’s like people forget about all the blowouts we used to have back in the day. At least this was close. 
    i think the difference was in those games at least you could at least appreciate the greatness of the team that dominated.  last night, other than the Pats getting their 6th there really wasn't anything redeeming about it.  nothing great about last night's game at all. even for all the great defense was there really more than 2 or 3 really great defensive plays?  was just really blah play after play.    
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Rams showed , IMO, that they didnt belong..not yet..should have been the Saints..Pats would not have held NO to 3...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    Ratings were down
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Ratings were down
    It was still on a third of all the TV's in America.  Almost 100 million viewers.

That is nothing to scoff at.
  • Options
    I agree.
    There was a period where every game was a blowout.  Would rather have a 13-3 game every day for a season finale.
    Now, on a normal Sunday?  I like seeing the action.
  • Options

It was still a boring game: NE doing what it had to do to win... and LA not having a clue what to do at all (getting mauled at the line of scrimmage I might add).

There are typically more good games than bad games (especially lately). I can recall San Fran shitcanning Miami, San Diego and Denver in boring blowouts, but their display of awesomeness was fun to watch. Denver got shitcanned by a few opponents come to think of it.