Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    Eagles beat, what, 3 teams above .500 this year?  I look (and hope) for the Falcons to expose them.

I really like this post.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I thought that was about as well as you could / would expect Bortles to play.  He is crapola at QB.  Also a great example of stats being situational.  He had pretty good stats on the game but his play was not NFL level starting QB play.   A few steps ahead of Hoyer and Glennon.  Poo-worthy.  Truly atrocious.  Any team that signs him to be a starter is run by crazy people. 
    Eli on this team and some more consistent WR play and this is a hell of a dangerous team. 

I think their D was good but not as advertised.  Lost the final 2 games headed into the playoffs (including giving up 44 points to Jimmy Jesus and his Merry Men), squeaks one out vs Buffalo (and their atrocious Offense), wins a gunfight with Pitt (impressive victory - but not defensively) and then does a pretty good job against Team Brady but talked smack, performed late hits. and other questionable activity after many plays.

Here is the best part -- after the game, just as after the Bills game, the Kitties claimed that the other team was trying to goad them into penalties.

Dudes -- you are the ones trying to rip the ball out of every players hands well after the play is over on half the plays.  You are the guys jumping up and barking after every other play in the first half.  You are pushing people out of bounds and hand-checking on deep passes.  You helmet to helmet Team Brady's only star not named Brady.
    So happy to see Hacksonville sent packing.
    Buh-bye. 

On second thought, I hope they do bring back Bortles.  They deserve each other.
    Sore losers.
    Good analysis. I mean, they had us on the ropes in the first half but got way too conservative in the 2nd half. You're not going to beat the Pats playing don't fuck it up game. Bortles had that one great throw on the right sideline in the 1st half for 30 yards or so. Other than that, the Jacksonville coaches were horrified of the idea of Bortles throwing a football over 10-15 yards. You knew the Jags were going to have to force 2-3 turnovers to have a chance. They came close, but just couldn't do it.

The Gronk hit was clearly premeditated, the safety should have been thrown out the game, and that should be about a $100k fine. They're a bunch of unlikeable thugs, and I couldn't be happier that they're headed home to their Jacksonville ghettos while listening to their Lil Wayne and T-Pain. Happy trails. 

They'll be a decent team if they can get an Eli Manning/Joe Flacco type guy.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Eagles beat, what, 3 teams above .500 this year?  I look (and hope) for the Falcons to expose them.

I really like this post.
    What can I say, they proved me way wrong.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The rules committee really needs make pass interference a 15 yard penalty. You can get a 41 yard penalty for brushing a receiver while not knowing if he would have caught the ball untouched while Gronk getting his brains scrambled is a 15 yard penalty?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Jason P said:
    The rules committee really needs make pass interference a 15 yard penalty. You can get a 41 yard penalty for brushing a receiver while not knowing if he would have caught the ball untouched while Gronk getting his brains scrambled is a 15 yard penalty?
    I say it all the time.  I could be the best offensive coordinator in football.  Receivers could draw a PI penalty on every play if they tried.  My QB would be like 5-40 with 250 yards of penalties.  BOOM 
  • Options

I really like this post.

Ha....sorry for singling you out. They proved a lot of people wrong.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bortles is Foles.  Foles is Bortles.  Foles is a man!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

I really like this post.

Ha....sorry for singling you out. They proved a lot of people wrong.
    No worries!  I figured someone was gonna call me out on it eventually. :tongue:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    Jason P said:
    I say it all the time.  I could be the best offensive coordinator in football.  Receivers could draw a PI penalty on every play if they tried.  My QB would be like 5-40 with 250 yards of penalties.  BOOM 
    There is an issue with this, however. 
    Look at college -- best play a Corner can make many times is to take the WR out of the play.  Know you are beaten for 20-30-more yards?  Wipe the dude out - by hook or by crook - and it is only 15 yards.
    I personally prefer the changing on the Gronk penalty to changing that....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Look at college -- best play a Corner can make many times is to take the WR out of the play.  Know you are beaten for 20-30-more yards?  Wipe the dude out - by hook or by crook - and it is only 15 yards.

agreed
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I thought that was about as well as you could / would expect Bortles to play.  He is crapola at QB.  Also a great example of stats being situational.  He had pretty good stats on the game but his play was not NFL level starting QB play.   A few steps ahead of Hoyer and Glennon.  Poo-worthy.  Truly atrocious.  Any team that signs him to be a starter is run by crazy people. 
    Eli on this team and some more consistent WR play and this is a hell of a dangerous team. 

I think their D was good but not as advertised.  Lost the final 2 games headed into the playoffs (including giving up 44 points to Jimmy Jesus and his Merry Men), squeaks one out vs Buffalo (and their atrocious Offense), wins a gunfight with Pitt (impressive victory - but not defensively) and then does a pretty good job against Team Brady but talked smack, performed late hits. and other questionable activity after many plays.

Here is the best part -- after the game, just as after the Bills game, the Kitties claimed that the other team was trying to goad them into penalties.

Dudes -- you are the ones trying to rip the ball out of every players hands well after the play is over on half the plays.  You are the guys jumping up and barking after every other play in the first half.  You are pushing people out of bounds and hand-checking on deep passes.  You helmet to helmet Team Brady's only star not named Brady.
    So happy to see Hacksonville sent packing.
    Buh-bye. 

On second thought, I hope they do bring back Bortles.  They deserve each other.
    Sore losers.
    Good analysis. I mean, they had us on the ropes in the first half but got way too conservative in the 2nd half. You're not going to beat the Pats playing don't fuck it up game. Bortles had that one great throw on the right sideline in the 1st half for 30 yards or so. Other than that, the Jacksonville coaches were horrified of the idea of Bortles throwing a football over 10-15 yards. You knew the Jags were going to have to force 2-3 turnovers to have a chance. They came close, but just couldn't do it.

The Gronk hit was clearly premeditated, the safety should have been thrown out the game, and that should be about a $100k fine. They're a bunch of unlikeable thugs, and I couldn't be happier that they're headed home to their Jacksonville ghettos while listening to their Lil Wayne and T-Pain. Happy trails. 

They'll be a decent team if they can get an Eli Manning/Joe Flacco type guy.
    Bortles coaches gave up on him.  That's pretty stupid.  He was their best chance to win and they blew it...
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    An O lineman can tackle a D man that blew by him for what could be a game changing sack and get a ten yard penalty but still retain a down.  Maybe the guy would have got the sack, or maybe not, no one knows.  15 yards should be the max for anything if that is what is charged for destroying someone's brain. 

This playoffs have been filled with sideline deep throws with minor contact that have swung games.  I understand your perspective but these are not college players. They are professionals.  They are not tackling people because they are not on the same level.  The majority of NFL pass interference calls are ticky tacky.  I don't know for sure, but I think the Saints lost because that rookie CB was scared to make a hit in fear of getting a flag.  
  • Options
    Nice to see Eagles fans trying to erase stereotypes of Philly fans throwing snowballs at Santa, chucking batteries and puking on cops and their kid.  

NOT!   WTF Philly?   Chucking beers at Vikings fans?  Sucker punching Vikings fans and tossing their hats in toilets. The people of Minnesota are the nicest people in the world. Your fan behavior actually wants me to cheer for the Pats.  And I hate the Pats.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Nice to see Eagles fans trying to erase stereotypes of Philly fans throwing snowballs at Santa, chucking batteries and puking on cops and their kid.  

NOT!   WTF Philly?   Chucking beers at Vikings fans?  Sucker punching Vikings fans and tossing their hats in toilets. The people of Minnesota are the nicest people in the world. Your fan behavior actually wants me to cheer for the Pats.  And I hate the Pats.  
    Please cheer for the Pats. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I’d like to see Philly burn after a loss, sure.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Please cheer for the Pats. 
    I'm cheering for a dinosaur killer meteorite.  Only hope it hits the east coast. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    edited January 2018
    The Foles/skol chants were the best representation of Eagles fans.
    The assholes that do stupid shit exist everywhere.  LA and SF have bad fans to rival anything I have seen in Philly.  You have to be a dummy to get all dudded up in opposition gear and go to a big NFL game at their stadium these days.  Just making yourself a target for the mouth breather looking for a fight.

I hear you on the pass interference but still think k the guys would take advantage when getting beaten and grab way more than they do now.  Half of the time the guys don't look back and make it an easy call.

I think the jerk who a destroyed the other jerk with the H2H hit should have been tossed from the game right away.  Looked intentional but even if it wasn't the reality was Team Brady lost Gronk because of a dirty hit.  
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    The assholes that do stupid shit exist everywhere.  LA and SF have bad fans to rival anything I have seen in Philly.  You have to be a dummy to get all dudded up in opposition gear and go to a big NFL game at their stadium these days.  Just making yourself a target for the mouth breather looking for a fight.

I hear you on the pass interference but still think k the guys would take advantage when getting beaten and grab way more than they do now.  Half of the time the guys don't look back and make it an easy call.

I think the jerk who a destroyed the other jerk with the H2H hit should have been tossed from the game right away.  Looked intentional but even if it wasn't the reality was Team Brady lost Gronk because of a dirty hit.  
    Exactly. There are idiots everywhere. Here’s some perspective though:

7-number of points the Vikings scored
    6-number of arrests in Philadelphia after the game. 

Nowadays people watch a few cellphone filmed video clips on deadspin and assume the worst. Plenty of other city’s fans flipped cars and burned shit down after a win like that.

GO BIRDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

That's not entirely true.  You just have to pick your spots and not go to places like Philly or Oakland where the fans are fucking animals.  My friends and I go to a Bears road game every year and have been doing it for 10 years and have never had any sort of incident....just some friendly trash talking.  Probably helps that there are a shitload of Bears fans no matter where we go.  But yeah, Philly is nowhere near the top of our list for cities to go see a game.  
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Philly is worse than other places. All places have idiots. Philly has more than most.

It's just sports.

Edit: and just to add, Philly cherishes its tough, passionate stereotype but when it gets taken over the line as it inevitablaly does with people who fancy themselves tough and passionate and often drunk, they cry about it when people highlight it.

I also don't think philly got a bad rap or coverage last night. I did see a video of people being harassed going into the game which was embarrassing and all, but it didn't seem too widespread
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    I hold that every stadium I have been to has assholes in it.

Saw a video from Carolina this year and it had a great reputation.

Google fan violence and type in the name of a team.  See what you get...

Raiders
    49ers
    Jets
    Giants
    Cardinals
    Bears
    Lions
    Eagles

Those are the only ones I recalled seeing.

The Dodgers and Giants fans are the worst I have ever seen in baseball...went to 100+ games at Dodgers stadium and 15-20 in SF.  Been to 20+ stadiums around MLB
    Philly is no better or worse based on what I have seen.

• Options

It's funny that we're even talking about this. Again--I'm assuming JasonP saw a couple video clips which compelled him to admonish the whole town. Pretty ridiculous. What happened yesterday and last night was not a big deal, at all. It was largely peaceful, minus a few drunken idiot assholes.......no cars were overturn, no bonfires, no looting (these things happen quite often in other cities after wins like last night). Nothing.

I'm actually pretty proud of the way the city handled ourselves last night. People were expecting MUCH worse.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928

It's funny that we're even talking about this. Again--I'm assuming JasonP saw a couple video clips which compelled him to admonish the whole town. Pretty ridiculous. What happened yesterday and last night was not a big deal, at all. It was largely peaceful, minus a few drunken idiot assholes.......no cars were overturn, no bonfires, no looting (these things happen quite often in other cities after wins like last night). Nothing.

I'm actually pretty proud of the way the city handled ourselves last night. People were expecting MUCH worse.

http://dailysnark.com/zero-arrests-related-fans-celebrating-nfc-championship-game-overnight-philly/

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

http://dailysnark.com/zero-arrests-related-fans-celebrating-nfc-championship-game-overnight-philly/

Stop Dave....that doesn't fit into the convenient, lazy, national narrative!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491

The Dodgers fans are the worst I have ever seen in baseball...went to 100+ games at Dodgers stadium and 15-20 in SF.  Been to 20+ stadiums around MLB

true that!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491

the dude running into the pole was awesome!

GO BIRDS.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

I mean, last night is probably no different than other stadiums but a lot of the shit that happened isn't okay.

Throwing beer cans at people for wearing another teams jersey isn't okay.

Pelting a bus with beer cans isn't really okay.

spray painting cars green isn't okay.

swearing in women's faces for wearing another jersey isn't okay

i almost got drilled by someone doing probably 60 on Moyamensing Ave around 11.

People need to grow up. Just enjoy it. It's fucking sports. It's embarrassing.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Agree.  In a country where a raging asshole was elected president I think there are plenty of these people in every city and town. 
  • Options

Just look the other way.  Nothing to see. Just a few assholes chucking cases of beer against innocent bystanders.  Maybe you are numb to what complete lack of civility looks like.  

Are you just proud that the entire city didn't get burned down?

• Options
    Anyone else watching NFL Network andPats/Jags? Tony Romo sucks as an announcer, states the fucking obvious time and time again, duh. And the jags were chirping after every play. Every play. #s 74, 39 and 44 got their just desserts. With the exception of 74, Tom may have even picked on them for their chirpiness.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©