Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Gronk has to be suspended. 
    Yes, he does. I heard a report the player he hit got an concussion? Probably needs to be then one game too.
    How does he get just one game for such a cheap, willful, vicious hit? The NFL continues to prove that the league just doesn't give two shits about the lives of its players. A few inches this way or that, and White could be disabled for life or dead.

Reckless and damn near criminal.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Jason P said:
    In his opening press conference, Herm Edwards doesn't appear to know that ASU's mascot is a Sun Devil.  3 - 9, here we come!

Hey,

He PLAYS TO WIN THE GAME!

no 3-9 record with him.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Yes, he does. I heard a report the player he hit got an concussion? Probably needs to be then one game too.
    How does he get just one game for such a cheap, willful, vicious hit? The NFL continues to prove that the league just doesn't give two shits about the lives of its players. A few inches this way or that, and White could be disabled for life or dead.

I don't mind the Patriots, and I actually like Brady.  But I've never been able to stand Gronkowski.  Fucker's almost 30 and still acts like a damn douchebag frat fuck.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Jason P said:

agreed
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:

I don't mind the Patriots, and I actually like Brady.  But I've never been able to stand Gronkowski.  Fucker's almost 30 and still acts like a damn douchebag frat fuck.
    As a Bills fan who hates the Pats, I've always liked that caveman persona in a football player and didn't mind Gronk. But that was bullshit, and I'm sure someone will take a cheap shot at him next time they play. Hopefully he doesn't get injured seriously, but fuck that guy.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:

As a Bills fan who hates the Pats, I've always liked that caveman persona in a football player and didn't mind Gronk. But that was bullshit, and I'm sure someone will take a cheap shot at him next time they play. Hopefully he doesn't get injured seriously, but fuck that guy.
    He should get the Bertuzzi treatment.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason P said:

agreed
    {}
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

agreed
    {}
    Now that’s taking it too far!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

agreed
    {}
     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

agreed
    {}
     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Why I oughta!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

agreed
    {}
     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Why I oughta!!!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    this steelers/bengals game is so fucking dirty.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    bengals could fuck up a wet dream.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    bengals could fuck up a wet dream.
    Brutal. 

They set a record for penalties tonight. That record didn't account for the TD to Green that was called back.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Burfict got what has been coming to him since he started playing.  Dirtiest piece of crap in the NFL.
    Great block!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    that gronkowski "hit"...
    1 game is laughable.  it was the dirtiest and most cowardly thing i have seen someone do in pro sports.  then his apology to "number 27" but it was kind of alright because the refs made him mad... wtf.

i hate the patriots, but i always kind of liked gronkowsi.  there is no way to justify what he did.  he should have gotten the rest of the regular season.  the bills may be without a candidate for defensive rookie of the year now.  
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited December 2017
    Burfict got what has been coming to him since he started playing.  Dirtiest piece of crap in the NFL.
    Great block!
    Gruden going on and on about how 'shameful' the hit was kind of pissed me off. They protected Burfict as if he was Walter Payton. Burfict routinely makes a habit out of hurting people deliberately. That block was par for the course as far as Burfict and his game go.

Burfict is the dirtiest player in the NFL and JuJu- a 19 year old WR- blew him up. I'd say he did lead with the helmet though making it a penalty, but it was close to being perfect.

Where the play got messy was the teabag standover and taunt. He should have just blew him up... then walk away. That's asking a lot from today's NFL players though.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Yeah, the taunting was dumb.  Was a great block -- and Burfict is owed so many big hits it is ridiculous.  (I would watch my knees the next time I played them, though, if I were JuJu.)
    I love Brown saying he will pay any fines that JuJu gets. 
    What goes around comes around!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JuJu going to have to look over his shoulder every time they play the Bengals from now on.  Wish he would not have taunted him afterwards. At least he owned up to his mistake after the game and apologized.  Hope Shazier is OK. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...
    1 game is laughable.  it was the dirtiest and most cowardly thing i have seen someone do in pro sports. 
    Dirtier than Marty McSorley hitting Donald Brashear in the head with his stick? I don't think so.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...
    1 game is laughable.  it was the dirtiest and most cowardly thing i have seen someone do in pro sports. 
    Dirtier than Marty McSorley hitting Donald Brashear in the head with his stick? I don't think so.

Hmmm.... And what do McSorley (at the time of the incident) and Gronk have in common, I wonder? 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JuJu is going to have to keep his head on a swivel for the rest of Vontaze's career.  Giving the dirtiest player in the league reason to have a personal vendetta may not be the smartest idea.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited December 2017
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...

that is a good comparison.  I would say its close, but Gronkowski's was more dangerous, but its debatable.  He is 270 pounds, after the play, took multiple steps, got leverage, and launched himself and his weird arm brace right at the back of an unsuspecting player's head.  To make it worse, he blamed it on being upset about being held and getting penalized earlier.   Brashear's was pretty bad, but was compounded by falling backward and his head hitting the ice. 

McSorley was also suspended more than a quarter season and had criminal charges against him.  

Maybe Dale Hunter is another comparison?  Again, he was suspended a quarter of the season.

I think 4 games would have been fair and reasonable.  Would have been regular season.  wouldn't really hurt the pats too much (if anything it would rest him for the playoffs).  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...

Hmmm.... And what do McSorley (at the time of the incident) and Gronk have in common, I wonder? 

You really should move back to Brooklyn. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

The Chargers situation is oddly fascinating to me. This is an interesting read

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/12/5/16737714/los-angeles-chargers-stubhub-center-soccer-stadium-experience

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...

It's awful. My daughter has goddamn B's stickers all over her hockey helmet, her mom is a goddamn B's bimbo, and my daughter and her mite teammates are getting three minutes of fame to scrimmage on sloppy TD Garden ice in between periods next week. She's likely hooked after that.

I need to get back to Brooklyn stat so that at least maybe my son won't become a fucking mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging Boston goon and learn classy Rangers traditions such as the "Potvin sucks!" chant, "#om@ Larry!" and interrupting the national anthem with "LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!"

Of course, in NYC, I was running the risk of them becoming Yankees fans. Tough battles that we as parents have to choose.

I'll say this: If either one of them ever even so much as mentions anything to do with the Celtics in a favorable light, they will from thenceforth be disowned.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...

It's awful. My daughter has goddamn B's stickers all over her hockey helmet, her mom is a goddamn B's bimbo, and my daughter and her mite teammates are getting three minutes of fame to scrimmage on sloppy TD Garden ice in between periods next week. She's likely hooked after that.

I need to get back to Brooklyn stat so that at least maybe my son won't become a fucking mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging Boston goon and learn classy Rangers traditions such as the "Potvin sucks!" chant, "#om@ Larry!" and interrupting the national anthem with "LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!"

Of course, in NYC, I was running the risk of them becoming Yankees fans. Tough battles that we as parents have to choose.

I'll say this: If either one of them ever even so much as mentions anything to do with the Celtics in a favorable light, they will from thenceforth be disowned.

gonna send your son a Bob Cousy throwback jersey for xmas.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    that gronkowski "hit"...

gonna send your son a Bob Cousy throwback jersey for xmas.
    I'll send it back to you after I use it to clean the litterbox and toilets.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,900
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA