edited January 2017
    Most Super Bowl appearances by NFC since realignment:
    Seahawks - 3
    Panthers, Giants - 2 each
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    JK_Livin said:

CROJAM95 said:

Seahawks won a sb, lost one due to their dumbass OC & Carroll. Also have made countless playoffs
    Cardinals Lost a SB to PITT in Heartbreaking Fashion, were in NFC Championship last year
    ST. Louis Played in a few SB after they won prior to my year 2000 talk
    49ers were great under Harbaugh, made a SB & lost last second

JETS: 2 AFC Title games
    BILLS:No playoffs in forever
    Dolphins....They signed SUH? Congrats you won a headline during free agency

Your not even in the same universe Dude, AFC East is dog shit...the worst divison in 20 years

FACT

Not trying to dispute you point about the AFC East but weren't the Seahawks still an AFC team when the Rams were in their SB's?
    I have to look up what year that happened, but yes.

Also I forgot about the Hasselbeck led Seahawks....they almost won that SB In Detroit as NFC Team
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    CROJAM95 said:

JK_Livin said:

CROJAM95 said:

Seahawks won a sb, lost one due to their dumbass OC & Carroll. Also have made countless playoffs
    Cardinals Lost a SB to PITT in Heartbreaking Fashion, were in NFC Championship last year

Your not even in the same universe Dude, AFC East is dog shit...the worst divison in 20 years

FACT

Not trying to dispute you point about the AFC East but weren't the Seahawks still an AFC team when the Rams were in their SB's?

Also I forgot about the Hasselbeck led Seahawks....they almost won that SB In Detroit as NFC Team
    Most lopsided officiated game I've ever seen in my lifetime. And the NFL has been making it up to Seattle ever since.
  • Options

CROJAM95 said:

JK_Livin said:

CROJAM95 said:

FACT

Most lopsided officiated game I've ever seen in my lifetime. And the NFL has been making it up to Seattle ever since.
    Brutal officiating.

Almost cheating.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited January 2017

AFC Super Bowl QB's since realignment:
    Gannon, Brady, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Flacco, Manning, Brady, Manning.

Take those first 3 years away, Brady has been to fewer Super Bowls than Manning since 2006, and the Patriots are 1-2 in those Super Bowls. Roethlisberger has been to as many Super Bowls as Brady since 06 and also won one more in that time.
    12 of the last 14 years have been represented by the same 3 QB's, but it's only Brady who has the cake walk, right?

The idea of the Patriots having a "cake walk" stems from the division they're in. And it's not just that they get to play the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets twice. It's that all they have to do to have a guaranteed home playoff game is finish with a better record than those three. Those three teams are garbage (I'm a Dolphins fan by the way) and don't even challenge the Pats. Compare that to the Steelers who have to duke it out nearly every year with the Ravens and/or Bengals. Peyton had it pretty good in the AFC south too. Minus a few good years from the Titans, his road to a 1st round playoff bye every year was similar to Brady's.

That all said, the Patriots would be very successful in any division. They wouldn't win any of the other divisions 14 years in a row (I don't even acknowledge the Dolphin's fluke 2008 division title) like they have the AFC East. But would they win another division 8 or 9 times with wildcards in the other years? Yeah, they're that good.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Gannon, Brady, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Flacco, Manning, Brady, Manning.

Take those first 3 years away, Brady has been to fewer Super Bowls than Manning since 2006, and the Patriots are 1-2 in those Super Bowls. Roethlisberger has been to as many Super Bowls as Brady since 06 and also won one more in that time.
    12 of the last 14 years have been represented by the same 3 QB's, but it's only Brady who has the cake walk, right?

The idea of the Patriots having a "cake walk" stems from the division they're in. And it's not just that they get to play the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets twice. It's that all they have to do to have a guaranteed home playoff game is finish with a better record than those three. Those three teams are garbage (I'm a Dolphins fan by the way) and don't even challenge the Pats. Compare that to the Steelers who have to duke it out nearly every year with the Ravens and/or Bengals. Peyton had it pretty good in the AFC south too. Minus a few good years from the Titans, his road to a 1st round playoff bye every year was similar to Brady's.

That all said, the Patriots would be very successful in any division. They wouldn't win any of the other divisions 14 years in a row (I don't even acknowledge the Dolphin's fluke 2008 division title) like they have the AFC East. But would they win another division 8 or 9 times with wildcards in the other years? Yeah, they're that good.
    Yeah, I totally get that. My problem is with Earl Thomas' statement. The NFC West is one of the easiest divisions in football; the Seahawks path to the playoffs hasn't proven to be too difficult since realignment. If the Patriots were in the NFC West, maybe they'd have one or two fewer division titles, but they'd still probably have the most over the last 14 years.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Jason P said:
    Those white ref pants were a bad idea.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Yeah, I totally get that. My problem is with Earl Thomas' statement. The NFC West is one of the easiest divisions in football; the Seahawks path to the playoffs hasn't proven to be too difficult since realignment. If the Patriots were in the NFC West, maybe they'd have one or two fewer division titles, but they'd still probably have the most over the last 14 years.
    Yeah I agree that Thomas is way off on this. Since the 2002 realignment, the NFC West has been the worst. Those Hasselbeck-led Seahawk teams had no competition. The Cardinals had a few respectable seasons and so did the 49ers with Harbaugh, but there's hardly enough of a discrepancy between the AFC East and NFC West for Thomas to complain. And I've never seen the Patriots win the AFC East with SEVEN fucking wins.

My beloved Miami Dolphins have made the playoffs twice in the past fourteen years. It's not a coincidence that in both of those seasons they played the NFC West. The Ravens were way better than the Dolphins this year but finished 8-8. Well, they played the NFC East. So not only is the NFC West an easy division to win, it's one you want to play if you're in a different division.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Yeah I agree that Thomas is way off on this. Since the 2002 realignment, the NFC West has been the worst. Those Hasselbeck-led Seahawk teams had no competition. The Cardinals had a few respectable seasons and so did the 49ers with Harbaugh, but there's hardly enough of a discrepancy between the AFC East and NFC West for Thomas to complain. And I've never seen the Patriots win the AFC East with SEVEN fucking wins.

My beloved Miami Dolphins have made the playoffs twice in the past fourteen years. It's not a coincidence that in both of those seasons they played the NFC West. The Ravens were way better than the Dolphins this year but finished 8-8. Well, they played the NFC East. So not only is the NFC West an easy division to win, it's one you want to play if you're in a different division.
    All very excellent points!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    edited January 2017
    :lol:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Raven's owner on why ratings are down:

“It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that nobody wants to see two minutes of commercials, come back, kick the ball and then go to a minute-and-a-half of commercials,” Bisciotti told the Ravens’ website. “I’ve thought that was absurd since I was 20 years old.”

Amen, brother
  • Options
    Jason P said:

“It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that nobody wants to see two minutes of commercials, come back, kick the ball and then go to a minute-and-a-half of commercials,” Bisciotti told the Ravens’ website. “I’ve thought that was absurd since I was 20 years old.”

Amen, brother

Geico commercials are pretty damn funny though.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Amen, brother

Totally agree, and it's actually more like 5 minutes of commercials, kick the ball, 3 minutes of commercials.
  • Options
    PVRd games are pretty snazzy to watch.
  • Options

As long as you and your friends can avoid looking at phones and texts. I have one friend that does not have the ability and his facial expressions are horrible tells.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

As long as you and your friends can avoid looking at phones and texts. I have one friend that does not have the ability and his facial expressions are horrible tells.
    Kick him to the curb. Terrible friend.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Amen, brother

I vehemently disagree. But to each their own I guess.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    My Sunday Picks

ATL: 34 GB-30

NE 27. Pitt- 23
  • Options

Jason P said:

Amen, brother

Com eon. That "I am Fenwick" one is funny.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Amen, brother

That's Southwest Airlines.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    Tom Brady's numbers in the postseason are not as good as his regular season numbers. They're not bad. But worse
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

Jason P said:

Amen, brother

That's Southwest Airlines.
    Yes. Yes it is.

I like that one. It's funny to me.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    The Patriots have another possible easy path to the SB. As half of the Steelers are battling the flu
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Tom Brady's numbers in the postseason are not as good as his regular season numbers. They're not bad. But worse

That's true with nearly every quarterback ever. Especially ones with many postseason games under their belt. Think about it. It's way easier to compile a good passer rating over the course of a 16 game season playing varying level of competition than it is to compile a good passer rating playing against the best teams in the playoffs.

Take early 90's Steve Young for example. He'd play 16 games in the regular season, then have to play one good playoff team and one great playoff team (Dallas). Of course his regular season stats are going to be better than his postseason stats.

On the other hand, some guys that aren't that good overall have fluked their way to good career postseason passer ratings. Mark Sanchez (6 postseason starts) has a career postseason passer rating of 94...good for 8th all-time. But...if he was better...and made more playoffs (or actually started for that matter)...it's surly go down.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    igotid88 said:

Maybe so, but he's been pretty good playing the Steelers:

He's 4-1 vs. Mike Tomlin. Since 2007, when Tomlin took over as coach of the Steelers, Brady is 4-1 against Pittsburgh with 17 touchdown passes and zero interceptions. His passer rating in those starts is 127.9, and he's averaging 333 passing yards per game.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Brady's gonna miss Gronk tomorrow though.
    Throwing to Gronk against the Steelers (5 games)
    30 completions on 36 targets, 496 yards, 8 TD's.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

No he won't. Brady misses nobody. The Pats don't need Gronk.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

Poncier said:

No he won't. Brady misses nobody. The Pats don't need Gronk.
    It's true.

They'll just make some unknown on their roster a star for the day.

Bill has always gotten the most of his players since his time in NE (he was hardly fantastic in Cleveland).

I'm not a Pats fan, but I respect them- even if they play with a slightly deflated football... sheesh (of all the things we tolerate- murderers, rapists, impaired driving, guns in locker rooms)- we light our hair on fire over a slightly deflated football lol.
  • Options
    Pats are going to the Super Bowl. Get over it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©