Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    who's call is "clocking" the ball on first down with 40+ sec to go and a timeout? garrett's? dak's? cuz it was stupid....wasted a down and ultimately gave rodgers the time he needed :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,412
    Glad the Packers won. But Rodgers gets away with some throws
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    igotid88 said:

Glad the Packers won. But Rodgers gets away with some throws

Glad Too. Sick of hearing about Dallas.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

who's call is "clocking" the ball on first down with 40+ sec to go and a timeout? garrett's? dak's? cuz it was stupid....wasted a down and ultimately gave rodgers the time he needed :angry:

Terrible decision.

So was the decision to throw on first and goal by the Steelers when Leveon has been gouging the Chefs 6 yards a pop.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    One was already down and now the other is gone. Thanks to the Packers.

Now, i don't care who wins the SB. Just HOPE we get 3 good games.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    8 playoff games and the team with the better QB has won all 8.

Pack Cowboys was a great game although the fact that 50 yard field goals are like chip shots anymore make it so you can't leave any time for a team at the end of a close game. it's kind of a joke.

Shouldn't be able to win a playoff game without a touchdown but man Alex Smith is pretty pedestrian as a QB. thought it was definitely a hold on the 2-point try too. Travis Kelce is an angry dude,

For us who hate the Pats though Pittsburgh is a better result because they have a better shot at beating the Pats. KC couldn't have possibly scored enough to beat NE.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    While pleased with the result, only Tomlin would have the best RB in the league and not give him the ball at the goal line. No need to get fancy in the red zone.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204

While pleased with the result, only Tomlin would have the best RB in the league and not give him the ball at the goal line. No need to get fancy in the red zone.

umm Pete Carroll?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

umm Pete Carroll?
    Yah that's a painful memory.
  • Options

That would be Haley who made that call. Twice on the first drive. The pic was a hot route Ben should have known better.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Poncier said:

Pats over GB.
    Finally get the Brady vs Rodgers matchup.

This was posted Sep 8, still a ways to go, but looking possible.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

pjhawks said:

umm Pete Carroll?
    I wish everyone would quit second-guessing that call. Didn't that play have like a 91% effectiveness rate? Why would you not call what's practically a sure TD at the goal line? It just so happened that particular call was part of the 9% that was defended well. Marshawn Lynch wasn't guaranteed to get into the end zone, either.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

umm Pete Carroll?
    I wish everyone would quit second-guessing that call. Didn't that play have like a 91% effectiveness rate? Why would you not call what's practically a sure TD at the goal line? It just so happened that particular call was part of the 9% that was defended well. Marshawn Lynch wasn't guaranteed to get into the end zone, either.
    It's just that there was a ton of time... the Seahawks line was mauling them... and Marshawn was hashing them 7 yards every time he touched it. It kinda seemed a no brainer. Even if they never got in first effort... they'd have taken time off the clock and left Brady w nothing.

It's a legitimate second guess.
  • Options
    goddam patriots have had the easiest path to the SB maybe ever. shit conference, easy games against a shit NFC conference, playoff game against a shit team and now one home game to go.

those uniforms suck, too :lol: only the panthers might be worse.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

pjhawks said:

umm Pete Carroll?
    A pass play with a 91% effectiveness rate?
    Seems implausible.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

goddam patriots have had the easiest path to the SB maybe ever. shit conference, easy games against a shit NFC conference, playoff game against a shit team and now one home game to go.

Earl Thomas seems to think the Pats would have a harder time in the NFC West. Is Earl Thomas really that effing stupid??
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    edited January 2017

Wobbie said:

Earl Thomas seems to think the Pats would have a harder time in the NFC West. Is Earl Thomas really that effing stupid??
    He has a point( even though he should not have said anything) , not just this year but last 17years or so. Pats haven't had any real competition

BILLS
    JETS
    DOLPHINS

All have had some decent D's over the years, but not a single time I can remember any of those teams having a great offense....Not even a Franchise QB , not even close

Look at a division like NFC South right now....All Have Franchise QB written on them. Those (3) teams combined over 17 years couldn't muster 1 up
    Ryan, Brees, Newton, Winston

DOLPHINS SINCE 2000
    Fiedler
    Griese
    FEELEY
    FREROTTE
    Harrington
    Lemon
    Pennington
    Henne
    Matt Moore
    Tannenhill

Jets QB's Since 2000
    Testaverde
    Lucas
    Pennington
    Clemens
    Favre & lil Favre
    Vick
    Sanchez
    Fitzpatrick

Bills QB's Since 2000
    Rob Johnson
    Bledsoe
    Losman
    Edwards
    Fitzpatrick
    EJ Manuel
    Orton
    Taylor

Again not Brady's fault....but those 3 teams need to wake the fuck up

Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Wobbie said:

He has a point( even though he should not have said anything) , not just this year but last 17years or so. Pats haven't had any real competition

BILLS
    JETS
    DOLPHINS

All have had some decent D's over the years, but not a single time I can remember any of those teams having a great offense....Not even a Franchise QB , not even close

Look at a division like NFC South right now....All Have Franchise QB written on them. Those (3) teams combined over 17 years couldn't muster 1 up

DOLPHINS SINCE 2000 Jets QB's Since 2000 Bills QB's Since 2000
    Fiedler Testaverde Rob Johnson
    Griese Lucas Bledsoe
    FEELEY Pennington Losman
    FREROTTE Clemens Edwards
    Harrington Favre & lil Favre years Fitzpatrick
    Lemon Vick EJ Manuel
    Pennington Sanchez Orton
    Henne Fitzpatrick Taylor
    Matt Moore
    Tannenhill

He doesn't have a point because the NFC West has sucked just as much as the AFC East the past 17 years. Aside from the 3 years that the 49ers were good, Seattle has ran away with the division almost every year. Hell, they won it with a 7-9 record once!
    Not to mention Brady's Pats beat Earl's Seachickens in the big game 2 years ago.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

CROJAM95 said:

Wobbie said:

BILLS
    JETS
    DOLPHINS

DOLPHINS SINCE 2000 Jets QB's Since 2000 Bills QB's Since 2000
    Fiedler Testaverde Rob Johnson
    Griese Lucas Bledsoe
    FEELEY Pennington Losman
    FREROTTE Clemens Edwards
    Harrington Favre & lil Favre years Fitzpatrick
    Lemon Vick EJ Manuel
    Pennington Sanchez Orton
    Henne Fitzpatrick Taylor
    Matt Moore
    Tannenhill

He doesn't have a point because the NFC West has sucked just as much as the AFC East the past 17 years. Aside from the 3 years that the 49ers were good, Seattle has ran away with the division almost every year. Hell, they won it with a 7-9 record once!
    Not to mention Brady's Pats beat Earl's Seachickens in the big game 2 years ago.
    Excellent point. Probably a better division to point to than the NFC West.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Seahawks won a sb, lost one due to their dumbass OC & Carroll. Also have made countless playoffs
    Cardinals Lost a SB to PITT in Heartbreaking Fashion, were in NFC Championship last year
    ST. Louis Played in a few SB after they won prior to my year 2000 talk
    49ers were great under Harbaugh, made a SB & lost last second

JETS: 2 AFC Title games
    BILLS:No playoffs in forever
    Dolphins....They signed SUH? Congrats you won a headline during free agency

Your not even in the same universe Dude, AFC East is dog shit...the worst divison in 20 years

FACT
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Seahawks won a sb, lost one due to their dumbass OC & Carroll. Also have made countless playoffs
    Cardinals Lost a SB to PITT in Heartbreaking Fashion, were in NFC Championship last year

Your not even in the same universe Dude, AFC East is dog shit...the worst divison in 20 years

FACT

The Dolphins also bullied the shit out of some of their guys.
  • Options

CROJAM95 said:

FACT

The Dolphins also bullied the shit out of some of their guys.
    Incognito...the poster child for jock doucheboys everywhere

almost forgot.

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited January 2017
    F The Bills - this is coming from a Bills fan.
    Post edited by pearldavidson on
  • Options
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Snap face. 11 AFC championship appearances, 6 straight. 6 Super Bowls winning 4. 6 games are played in their division, leaving 10 games to make a difference. 8 of your games are on the road. The Pats finished 11-5 and missed the playoffs. I guess the rest of the NFL sucks.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brady is a system quarterback. halifax manipilates tom's balls.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Wobbie said:

brady is a system quarterback. halifax manipilates tom's balls.

Him and Belichick were finished about 3 years ago, right Wob?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    CROJAM95 said:

FACT

Not trying to dispute you point about the AFC East but weren't the Seahawks still an AFC team when the Rams were in their SB's?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Number of division championships since realignment:
    Patriots - 14
    Packers, Colts - 9 each
    Seahawks - 8
  • Options
    AFC Super Bowl QB's since realignment:
    Gannon, Brady, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Flacco, Manning, Brady, Manning.

Take those first 3 years away, Brady has been to fewer Super Bowls than Manning since 2006, and the Patriots are 1-2 in those Super Bowls. Roethlisberger has been to as many Super Bowls as Brady since 06 and also won one more in that time.
    12 of the last 14 years have been represented by the same 3 QB's, but it's only Brady who has the cake walk, right?