Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Anybody else just hear Spin The Black Circle in the background of the Pats game?!

Nice...the music at Eagles games are dreadful. Way too much pop/hip hop for a football atmosphere.
    Totally agree. The music is awful for a football game setting. Does nothing for the crowd.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Anybody else just hear Spin The Black Circle in the background of the Pats game?!

Nice...the music at Eagles games are dreadful. Way too much pop/hip hop for a football atmosphere.
    Same at Colts games where 95% of the audience are middle age white guys with replica jerseys tucked into their jeans.
    Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Didn't Maroon 5 perform at the kickoff game a couple years ago? Cuz when I think football, I think Maroon 5.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Looks like LA will soon have two shitty NFL teams to ignore.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Jason P said:

Same at Colts games where 95% of the audience are middle age white guys with replica jerseys tucked into their jeans.
    LOL. I did notice a lot of tucked in jerseys when I was in Indy for the Bears game this year. I don't care how old you are....you never tuck in a jersey!
  • Options

Jason P said:

LOL. I did notice a lot of tucked in jerseys when I was in Indy for the Bears game this year. I don't care how old you are....you never tuck in a jersey!
    Or any shirt other than a polo or dress shirt.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    JK_Livin said:

Totally agree. The music is awful for a football game setting. Does nothing for the crowd.
    neither do the eagles :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wobbie said:

JK_Livin said:

neither do the eagles :wink:
    Can't argue with that.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    Pete Carroll is a dick in case anyone didn't realize that before.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Why would you say this?

I don't get that from what I know.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

pjhawks said:

Why would you say this?

fake punting up 21 points with 5 minutes left against an awful team with a coach who has been on the job for 3 days. little rubbing it in their faces to me.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Why would you say this?

fake punting up 21 points with 5 minutes left against an awful team with a coach who has been on the job for 3 days. little rubbing it in their faces to me.
    That's a little too sensitive.

They're trying to get their act together after a brutal week beforehand. If they were calling timeouts in the final two minutes to get some more scores... you'd gain some traction.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    pjhawks said:

What I realize is Pete Carroll is a winner. We got our asses handed to us last weekend and it wasn't going to happen again this week. The Rams for some reason always have our number. We had the opportunity to decisively win this game, erase the memory of last weekend, break our Rams curse and clinch the NFC West. Of course we weren't going to take our foot off the pedal.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    pjhawks said:

I had this argument yesterday -- I love Pete Carroll. The guy is a really nice man. Sure he had his reasons for doing what he did.
    If you know all of the stuff he did behind the scenes at SC for years before someone put him on 60 minutes for doing it & you still think he is a dick, I would be shocked. (You can dislike his coaching moves, but he is a hell of a human being.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I had this argument yesterday -- I love Pete Carroll. The guy is a really nice man. Sure he had his reasons for doing what he did.
    If you know all of the stuff he did behind the scenes at SC for years before someone put him on 60 minutes for doing it & you still think he is a dick, I would be shocked. (You can dislike his coaching moves, but he is a hell of a human being.)
    he is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist too.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

he is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist too.
    Doesnt change how I feel about him and the help he has provided to others.
    To each their own -- I certainly don't know his politics.
  • Options
    I just hope Richard Sherman enjoys the next 10 days off so we don't have to hear him cry about the fucking schedules. When is he set to retire? Can't stand that fucker.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

I just hope Richard Sherman enjoys the next 10 days off so we don't have to hear him cry about the fucking schedules. When is he set to retire? Can't stand that fucker.

Sherman is right on, though. The Thursday night games are an absolute joke. For a league that claims to be worried about player safety, having teams play on Thursday night on 4 days rest is complete nonsense.
  • Options

I was yelling at him through the TV last night when he dropped an interception in the End Zone. I dont know if there has been a player I am annoyed by as Richie Sherman in the last 10 years.
    He is a good player.....but omfg, please shut up. Please.
  • Options

Sherman is right on, though. The Thursday night games are an absolute joke. For a league that claims to be worried about player safety, having teams play on Thursday night on 4 days rest is complete nonsense.
    He wouldn't last a week in the NHL.
  • Options
    You're crying because he did a fake punt in the 3rd quarter? Sounds like someone picked the rams +13.5. I guess you don't need to be reminded that the playoffs start in just a few weeks and these games are like a tune up. I'm not a Seattle fan, but I certainly don't think running a fake punt in the 3rd quarter is rubbing it in. How many times this year have we seen a 21 point comeback in the 2nd half?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited December 2016

You're crying because he did a fake punt in the 3rd quarter? Sounds like someone picked the rams +13.5. I guess you don't need to be reminded that the playoffs start in just a few weeks and these games are like a tune up. I'm not a Seattle fan, but I certainly don't think running a fake punt in the 3rd quarter is rubbing it in. How many times this year have we seen a 21 point comeback in the 2nd half?

4th quarter.
  • Options
    Ok, the 4th quarter. Still doesn't bother me.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Looks like Osweiler was smart to go after the guaranteed money!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    someone tell cam he DIDN'T just win the SB. he beat the redskins. whoopee.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Wobbie said:

someone tell cam he DIDN'T just win the SB. he beat the redskins. whoopee.

I'll send him an email.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Redskins are 1-16 at home on Monday night since 1998.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    edited December 2016
    well The Browns won't go winless this year. it's a Christmas miracle!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Of course the 49ers had to win and give the brownies the 1st pick back. Fuck you Kapernick.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle