Options

Eddie Vedder Announces 2012 US Solo Tour

Comments

• Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    vant0037 wrote:
    How crazy is that Jazz Fest lineup? Foo Fighters, EV, Bon Iver, Tom Petty, Eagles, Bonnie Fucking Raitt (yeah my wife loves her, so what? :lol::lol:;) ), Gomez, Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Reunion...wow...

If you have a chance to go to Jazz Fest WITHOUT a great lineup, its still completely worth it. Great town, great festival, great vibe. But Jazz Fest WITH a fantastic lineup? Good night.

Hope everyone that's getting to go to the EV shows has a great time!

Thank you Eddie and thank you Jazz Fest!!! This has been the best Monday EVER. :clap:
    Here's a little article about EV and The Fest : http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/ ... _2012.html
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    Well, geez. Now I can't complain that EV's done nothing for ABQ lately. Damn. ;) Thanks for giving us a shot and a tour date!
  • Options
    AM5021AM5021 Posts: 18
    I just want to say a HUGE BIG THANK YOU to whoever is responsible for booking San Antonio. It's about time
    my city got some love. We do get some good shows, but there are loads of artists who skip SA altogether, which is CRAZY. Hello....we're the 7th biggest city in the country! Anyway, I don't think PJ has played here in about a decade (and I'm pretty sure they've only played here once, at that) so this should be a really special night, deep in the heart of Texas.

Now, if we can only get the entire band back here too......
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    does anyone know if Glen Hansard is opening at all of the shows, or just some? the ticketmaster site made it look like it might just be certain ones... I don't want to miss him as a part of this.
    I win.
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    once again....why no Saturdays?

Eddie don't roll on Shabbos.

:lol:

lol!!!
  • Options
    so excited for TX shows! FINALLY! Sadly, I'm only in for Austin. I've got tests on all the other TX dates! crossing my fingers...
  • Options
    Just bought Jazz Fest tickets for the second week.... :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    AM5021 wrote:
    I just want to say a HUGE BIG THANK YOU to whoever is responsible for booking San Antonio. It's about time
    my city got some love. We do get some good shows, but there are loads of artists who skip SA altogether, which is CRAZY. Hello....we're the 7th biggest city in the country! Anyway, I don't think PJ has played here in about a decade (and I'm pretty sure they've only played here once, at that) so this should be a really special night, deep in the heart of Texas.

Now, if we can only get the entire band back here too......

I agree! The 03 San Antonio show was really special...I think the Eddie show will be too. I can't wait!!! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Mikee J wrote:
    This is clearly the warm up tour before Ed tours Europe. :D
    Amen!!!! :0)
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    does anyone know if Glen Hansard is opening at all of the shows, or just some? the ticketmaster site made it look like it might just be certain ones... I don't want to miss him as a part of this.
    You definitely dont want to miss Hansard play....a treat indeed.

I'm guessing that Hansard will open all shows except maybe the Jazz Festival. Not sure how the system works for that production of different musicians. Just a guess tho.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Ummm.were our paypal cards already supposed to be charged? I was already. Sorry I haven't done paypal in forever.....
  • Options
    loolooloo wrote:
    Thank you Eddie and thank you Jazz Fest!!! This has been the best Monday EVER. :clap:
    Here's a little article about EV and The Fest : http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/ ... _2012.html

"Sure enough, Muller got back to Davis and said Vedder was interested. After some negotiation, the deal was done. Vedder subsequently built a 13-city tour of theaters around the Jazz Fest show"

u lucky kats in or close to NOLA
    that festival is on my bucket list
    this should have been the year i go, but...ugh....
  • Options
    Plenty of time for a Joplin, MO date either side of the Tulsa show ;)

Just sayin'
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    This may be a really dumb question, but when you go to check out at PayPal, is the $170 for a pair of tickets, or just for one ticket? I'm pretty sure they are sold in pairs, but I just wanted to make sure.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Shawshank wrote:
    This may be a really dumb question, but when you go to check out at PayPal, is the $170 for a pair of tickets, or just for one ticket? I'm pretty sure they are sold in pairs, but I just wanted to make sure.
    For the pair.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Thanks. Being in Texas I haven't had to order tickets for anything in almost 10 years. LOL
  • Options
    rikfwrikfw Posts: 24
    Dear Eddie, Please consider a tour in Europe one's. You wont be dissapointed. Hope to be able to see you in one of the comming years.
    Attending fans in April/May; HAVE FUN!!!!
    Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009. Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam 2012, Amsterdam Ed-show 2012.
  • Options
    Woot! Got a group of 6 for Tulsa
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Woot! Got a group of 6 for Tulsa

So are you going to try to buy 6 tickets together or sit separately?
  • Options
    Question for AZ peeps...
    How is the Phoenix Venue? Since he's not coming to Denver I am looking to travel but not sure where. Is it a good place? Are there hotels around? I tried to find info on the internet but couldn't find much.
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Question for AZ peeps...
    How is the Phoenix Venue? Since he's not coming to Denver I am looking to travel but not sure where. Is it a good place? Are there hotels around? I tried to find info on the internet but couldn't find much.

I've never seen a show there, but my bro has been there a few times and raves about it. I've only heard good things from others who saw shows there, too. Make sure to get here early enough for the Wishlist Pre-Show Party :D
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Hoping to get tix to the Vegas and Phoenix shows, I can't wait!!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    _ wrote:
    Let me be the first to say..... WHAT?????? NO DENVER?????

Albuquerque here I come!!! :D

Yea!!! I was wondering whether anyone would come down from Denver. :thumbup:

Yeah! We'd love to have Denver people down. Went to Red Rocks and never had a more polite concert-going experience in my LIFE! Denver people rock. The Kiva is acoustically decent. It was good enough for Michael Stipe! :) (That was a great show!)
  • Options
    AC41750AC41750 Posts: 305
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    You definitely dont want to miss Hansard play....a treat indeed.

I'm guessing that Hansard will open all shows except maybe the Jazz Festival. Not sure how the system works for that production of different musicians. Just a guess tho.

Glen Hansard is on the list to appear at the New Orleans Jazz Festival according to the website.
    09/12/92 11/05/93 09/13/95 07/11/98 07/13/98 10/30/99 10/22/00 10/25/00 10/28/00 10/30/00 06/01/03 06/03/03 07/06/06 07/09/06 07/10/06 07/15/06 07/16/06 08/24/09 10/06/09 10/07/09 09/03/11 09/04/11
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 692
    STILL haven't gotten an email from 10c :x

I haven't yet either??? Anybody else still waiting?
  • Options
    halv wrote:

Be sure to check your spam folders.
    ~I can't be free with what's locked inside of me~
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    JR8805 wrote:
    _ wrote:

Yea!!! I was wondering whether anyone would come down from Denver. :thumbup:

Yeah! We'd love to have Denver people down. Went to Red Rocks and never had a more polite concert-going experience in my LIFE! Denver people rock. The Kiva is acoustically decent. It was good enough for Michael Stipe! :) (That was a great show!)

WE hope to be driving down to NM from Denver - the Kiva will be great!
  • Options
    kwarlockwarloc Posts: 42
    i am in for vegas... lottery or no lottery i'll be there.

unfortunately.... i missed 1 show in so cal last year so i feel redemption on the horizon. eddie absolutely killed it solo and u will be completely amazed if u have not seen 1 of his solo gigs. now that i've had more time w/ the new ukulele songs (unfucking believable cd btw) i won't be scared to join in on all the love songs cuz i'll have my girl w/ wrapped in my arms this time.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    JR8805 wrote:

WE hope to be driving down to NM from Denver - the Kiva will be great!

Yea!! More people for ABQ!! :D
  • Options
    halv wrote:

I called them yesterday afternoon because I hadn't received mine either. The lady was super nice, and got one out to me in about 5 minutes. My 10C emails have been spotty at best, and I run my own web server and email, so I can't imagine it being a spam problem for me. It's just like I don't get them sometimes. So I would just call if you don't get it today.
This discussion has been closed.