Eddie Vedder Announces 2012 US Solo Tour

Comments

• Options
    G-FuryG-Fury Posts: 53
    EJE201 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:
    By the way I met Eddie on Wednesday!

details please

I was at lunch with my friend and I got a call from another friend who said he heard Eddie was at a local bar the night before. As soon as he told me that I thought, "Of course...it is the week of Cubs Fantasy camp". On my way home from lunch I figured I would drive by the Cubs spring training facility just to see if anything was going on. I drove by all the fields but didn't see anyone so I was about to just go home but then I saw a bus drop off a bunch of people who looked like they were partying. So, I parked the car and figured I would follow the group of people. The walked into were the 3 fields are and I heard one of them say. "they are coming out!". Come to find out later these were all friends of Chris Chelios and they were gonna surprise him for his birthday.

Sure enough, about a minute after I walk up there here comes all the players in the camp out of the clubhouse, and of course Eddie. So I am there watching Ed play baseball, which he is actually pretty good at. The whole time I am wishing I had something for him to sign. Then, as luck would have it, Eddie hits a foul ball right to me. "Yes, now I have something!". After the game there were about 8 people there waiting for Ed to sign something. His bodyguard tells everyone to get in a line and Ed will sign one thing each. I was about 3rd in line. I had to barrow a pen from the guy next to me as I didn't have one. I finally get up to Ed and hand him the ball and say "This is actually your foul ball". He laughs and says "Really?" As he is signing it I say "Thanks for making the last 20 years of my life a little easier". He looks up at me and says "Wow, that is such a nice thing to say. What's your name?" I tell him and then he grabs me and gives me a big hug. I say "I am looking forward to seeing you and Glen in April". He shakes my hand and says, "Thank you, thank you, take care."

I have pics but I feel I already hijacked this thread.
  • Options
    Let's see some pics!
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    pics dammit!
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    G-Fury wrote:
    EJE201 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:

details please

I was at lunch with my friend and I got a call from another friend who said he heard Eddie was at a local bar the night before. As soon as he told me that I thought, "Of course...it is the week of Cubs Fantasy camp". On my way home from lunch I figured I would drive by the Cubs spring training facility just to see if anything was going on. I drove by all the fields but didn't see anyone so I was about to just go home but then I saw a bus drop off a bunch of people who looked like they were partying. So, I parked the car and figured I would follow the group of people. The walked into were the 3 fields are and I heard one of them say. "they are coming out!". Come to find out later these were all friends of Chris Chelios and they were gonna surprise him for his birthday.

Sure enough, about a minute after I walk up there here comes all the players in the camp out of the clubhouse, and of course Eddie. So I am there watching Ed play baseball, which he is actually pretty good at. The whole time I am wishing I had something for him to sign. Then, as luck would have it, Eddie hits a foul ball right to me. "Yes, now I have something!". After the game there were about 8 people there waiting for Ed to sign something. His bodyguard tells everyone to get in a line and Ed will sign one thing each. I was about 3rd in line. I had to barrow a pen from the guy next to me as I didn't have one. I finally get up to Ed and hand him the ball and say "This is actually your foul ball". He laughs and says "Really?" As he is signing it I say "Thanks for making the last 20 years of my life a little easier". He looks up at me and says "Wow, that is such a nice thing to say. What's your name?" I tell him and then he grabs me and gives me a big hug. I say "I am looking forward to seeing you and Glen in April". He shakes my hand and says, "Thank you, thank you, take care."

Great story! Thanks for sharing
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Damn it. Is the camp over. I totaly forgot to go this year :shock: :(
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    acpaxton01 wrote:
    Has anybody checked their paypal? I just checked mine and my temporary authorizations are all gone. I hope that doesn't mean that I struck out.

Don't be too sure. Click the 'View All Of My Transactions.' If its been over a week - I think the authorization (and all other activity over a week old) moves off the front page.

Nevermind - somebody already covered this! :)
  • Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    G-Fury wrote:
    EJE201 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:

details please

Awesome story, thanks.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    maj4e wrote:
    pics dammit!
    :mrgreen:
    ed1-2.jpg

ed2-2.jpg

ed3-1.jpg
    Post edited by G-Fury on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ed4-1.jpg
    Post edited by G-Fury on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,388
    very cool, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    YAY! Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing your experience. You must be ecstatic.
  • Options
    Congratulations, great photos
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    badass
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,865
    EJE201 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:

details please

Great story. Made me smile. Thanks for posting.

Pitchers and catchers reporting soon :D .
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    G-Fury

Awesome story and awesome pics!! :)
  • Options
    So Eddie was in Mesa, just down the road from me?? Ha Ha

Great Pics...thanks for sharing!
    07-08-1998 Phoenix
    10-21-2000 Phoenix
    09-04-2011 East Troy 2
    11-04-2012 Phoenix (EV)
    07-19-2013 Wrigley Field
    11-19-2013 Phoenix
  • Options
    So yeeeeeeeah, i wonder if we're going to hear anything today. haha
    Pearl Jam is an ok american rock n roll group
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    G-Fury

I hate you so much :lol:

Eddie=pure class
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    hmmm...ok I understand they (who ever is sorting out the pre-sale) need some time, but I would expect some info by now. :?
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    mca47 wrote:
    G-Fury

Awesome story and awesome pics!! :)

ditto! kudos G-Fury!
  • Options
    hmmm...ok I understand they (who ever is sorting out the pre-sale) need some time, but I would expect some info by now. :?

I hope no one took the day off work to monitor it all. :lol:
  • Options
    Has anyone looked at their past items ordered on their profile? Maybe it will show up there. Nothing for me. My paypal still is empty. No "pending" or anything.
  • Options
    G-Fury wrote:
    Has anyone looked at their past items ordered on their profile? Maybe it will show up there. Nothing for me. My paypal still is empty. No "pending" or anything.

Click "All Activity"
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:

Click "All Activity"

Ah, ok. I'm an idiot. Yeah still says pending
  • Options
    acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    Current Status:

Monday, January 30th 3:00 PM Pacific: We are still working on the drawing. This page will be updated when email confirmations start sending, so please check back later. Your patience is appreciated.
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Appreciate the update! :thumbup:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    acpaxton01 wrote:
    Current Status:

Monday, January 30th 3:00 PM Pacific: We are still working on the drawing. This page will be updated when email confirmations start sending, so please check back later. Your patience is appreciated.

I blame every single person who put their name in for multiple shows.

Your selfishness has slowed down the process for us all.
  • Options
    DDtxDDtx Posts: 21
    I am not going to have any fingernails left after this! Really hoping I get Austin, but would be happy for San Antonio too. Overall, just stoked Ed's coming to my hometown!
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    Awesome pictures from Cubs camp. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    tantrum.gif
This discussion has been closed.