Options

Eddie Vedder Announces 2012 US Solo Tour

Comments

• Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    12 after 9am on the west coast. Time for 10C elves to get to the office and start picking names out of hats. :)

Kind of reminds me when the would give tickets by tables (groups of member #'s) -

I remember in Vegas they has us all in a room and would call 'table 1' and everyone jumped up...

I remember that! Was that 2000? 2003?

2000 - and Foo Fighters were playing House of Blues earlier in the evening, I remember Dave Grohl asking how many were heading over to PJ at the MGM after.... :D before Alpine 2011, this was the best concert night I had.
  • Options
    redpoint wrote:
    I've still got a pending charge in mine...

I've only used the 10C for 2 shows so far, and both "drawings" have been a disaster. There are a lot of holier-than-thou people on here that are acting humble and understanding of the 10C's position, but let's be honest - we're paying for a service here that's pretty poor. There's no doubt in my mind that the guys in the 10C are working hard on the issue, but at the end of the day they are not meeting the obligations of the services they say they are going to provide. I own and manage a couple of businesses and I can tell you that if I don't fulfill my obligations of service, my guests are not very humble and understanding. For example, at my restaurant, could you imagine if I told you your food would be out in 15 minutes but kept stalling and delaying, then finally got it to you 3 hours later... you'd be pretty upset.

The membership is $20-$40 per year, if that's not cutting it to ensure they have enough people/ technology to meet their obligations, maybe time to raise prices

Just my 2cents... here come the flames! :mrgreen:

Well - admittedly - a fan club doesn't require the same sense of immediate urgency as a restaurant.

And not flaming - but I don't see what the big issue is. If we're just talking about timing to get notices out - I always thought same day turnaround for this didn't seem feasible. And had 10C said they'd get emails out by Wednesday the 1st instead of Monday the 30th - none of this would matter and everybody would be thrilled if the confirms/emails came out today.

If you're more 'upset' about other ticketing issues in the 10C - I can partly understand that. But I also think that - given all the snafus - the 10C does a better job than most others.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Current Status:

Tuesday, January 31st 9:40 AM Pacific: Sorry for the delay, we'll are wrapping up the drawing this morning and will be sending out confirmations later today. Your patience is appreciated!

...38 minutes, and it won't officially be "morning" anymore! :D:D:D
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    redpoint wrote:

I've only used the 10C for 2 shows so far, and both "drawings" have been a disaster. There are a lot of holier-than-thou people on here that are acting humble and understanding of the 10C's position, but let's be honest - we're paying for a service here that's pretty poor. There's no doubt in my mind that the guys in the 10C are working hard on the issue, but at the end of the day they are not meeting the obligations of the services they say they are going to provide. I own and manage a couple of businesses and I can tell you that if I don't fulfill my obligations of service, my guests are not very humble and understanding. For example, at my restaurant, could you imagine if I told you your food would be out in 15 minutes but kept stalling and delaying, then finally got it to you 3 hours later... you'd be pretty upset.

The membership is $20-$40 per year, if that's not cutting it to ensure they have enough people/ technology to meet their obligations, maybe time to raise prices?

How would your restaurant run if you installed a new set of digital cash registers that no one had used before, and then had 10,000 people show up in one day?

Are you saying your service would be completely on point?

You serving 100 people in a day using checkout procedures that you've had in place for a long time is hardly the same thing. :lol:
    Pearl Jam is an ok american rock n roll group
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    redpoint wrote:

The membership is $20-$40 per year, if that's not cutting it to ensure they have enough people/ technology to meet their obligations, maybe time to raise prices?

They just raised prices. i dont really care about the delay. a bit frustrating but its not like we had to take 3 days off work this time.... :lol: Ten Club does the best they can. id rather deal with this crap and have the personal touch of 10 club than have a smooth running machine that treated us like machines too.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    davet7462 wrote:
    Well - admittedly - a fan club doesn't require the same sense of immediate urgency as a restaurant.And not flaming - but I don't see what the big issue is. If we're just talking about timing to get notices out - I always thought same day turnaround for this didn't seem feasible. And had 10C said they'd get emails out by Wednesday the 1st instead of Monday the 30th - none of this would matter and everybody would be thrilled if the confirms/emails came out today.If you're more 'upset' about other ticketing issues in the 10C - I can partly understand that. But I also think that - given all the snafus - the 10C does a better job than most others.

I think that's the point - if you promise your customers that emails will go out on Wednesday (or their food will be out in 3 hours) they understand and have their expectations set for that. Under-promise, over-deliver. Additionally, I think most would be willing to look past an issue like this ONCE knowing that things can happen that are beyond the means of the 10C's control, but repeated mishaps over and over means that the 10C is not learning from mistakes. It's like Bush said, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." :mrgreen:

Finding out sooner is probably important for some members so that they can make travel arrangements, request off from work, save for the trip, etc... One or two days may make a big difference.

All in all, I'll be honest, I'm really not that pissed about the issue, just a little astounded at the defense the 10C receives from some loyal members. If something sucks and you don't believe in it, sometimes you have to speak up and let them know. We're all here for the same reason though, we just want to see the best rock band ever!!!
    Blossom Music Center - Aug 26, 1998
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    Fox Theatre - June 26, 2011 (EV solo)
    Air Canada Centre - September 12, 2011
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    redpoint wrote:

How would your restaurant run if you installed a new set of digital cash registers that no one had used before, and then had 10,000 people show up in one day?

Are you saying your service would be completely on point?

You serving 100 people in a day using checkout procedures that you've had in place for a long time is hardly the same thing. :lol:

But it is the same thing - service is service, no matter what scale you're on. The day we opened our doors none of our staff had used our systems before and I'm sure our service wasn't top notch but our guests were willing to understand because we were new. Now, serveral years down the road, if we provided that same service I'd go out of business... You have to learn, grow, and adapt.
  • Options
    redpoint wrote:
    repeated mishaps over and over means that the 10C is not learning from mistakes.

this is the third one in a row that didnt go as planned. but this one isnt the clusterfucking disaster that the eddie vedder 2010 and pj20 ones were. I just hope the 10 club doesnt get so fed up with it that they scrap the idea of giving us first dibs altogether. Thats what im worried about at this point. Im sure the positive posts help their morale and im sure they need it. They dont like disappointing us anymore than we like being disappointed.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    redpoint wrote:
    Now, serveral years down the road, if we provided that same service I'd go out of business... You have to learn, grow, and adapt.

ive used 10club for more than 10 shows and the presales overall have been fantastic. you are working with a very small sample size.
  • Options
    tomachotomacho Posts: 346
    man,
    I can't work...... the waiting of drawing is making me crazy.....

:roll:

0,0% concentración.....
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    Redpoint, i disagree. We are still ahead of schedule as far as the public sale is concerned.
    And regarding the last two presales, I scored 10c tix for EV Hartford, and PJ Montreal in the 2nd round of presales; the one they had to scramble to put together because the original presales F'ed up.
    I'm not trying to be a 10c apologist, but compare them to say Tool Army who advertises concert presales, but hasn't done one in about 5 years or so, and all of a sudden 10c doesn't seem that bad.

Or you could just not renew your membership and make the ultimate statement.
  • Options
    thumbsthumbs Posts: 37

This is really what I suggest, particularly if your # is senior to 231xxx.
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Soon the "whining while we wait" phase will be replaced with the "crying cause we weren't picked" phase.

What are those 5 stages of PJ tix grief again? :)
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Five stages of PJ tix grief:

Denial — "This must be a mistake. Let me email 10Club 100 times"; "Maybe if I just keep hitting F5 the button will come back up!"; "I can get better seats from Ticketbastard";
    Anger — "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"
    Bargaining — "I'll do anything for a few more shows."; "I will give my life savings if..."; "Who has an extra for a long time fan?"
    Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point... What's the point?"; "I miss my PJ, why go on?"
    Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."; "I can't afford to travel to see PJ anyway"
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Soon the "whining while we wait" phase will be replaced with the "crying cause we weren't picked" phase.

What are those 5 stages of PJ tix grief again? :)
    thumbs wrote:

This is really what I suggest, particularly if your # is senior to 231xxx.
    Redpoint, i disagree. We are still ahead of schedule as far as the public sale is concerned.
    And regarding the last two presales, I scored 10c tix for EV Hartford, and PJ Montreal in the 2nd round of presales; the one they had to scramble to put together because the original presales F'ed up.
    I'm not trying to be a 10c apologist, but compare them to say Tool Army who advertises concert presales, but hasn't done one in about 5 years or so, and all of a sudden 10c doesn't seem that bad.

Hey, call it what you want guys but poor service is poor service. I'm not sure I can fall into the "crying cause I wasn't picked" phase because it's clearly outlined that you are not guaranteed to win - it's a lottery.

And you are absolutely correct about not renewing a membership - nobody is forcing us to stay members. That's the beauty of services (most of the time) you have the option not to purchase it. I was keeping my membership alive to give the 10C the benefit of the doubt.

All in all, IMO the worst customers are those that don't tell you they had a bad experience or are unhappy because the business doesn't have the opportunity to correct the issue if they are not told about it. This is me voicing my opion of the service and saying if things don't improve I will drop my membership (as will others). In the end, I'll keep rocking out to PJ and seeing shows, just through different means.
  • Options
    jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
    we just gotta chill till the next eposode! it aint that big of deal...patience is a virtue
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • Options
    G-FuryG-Fury Posts: 53
    A long as I know before the 3rd I'm cool.
  • Options
    redpoint wrote:
    Hey, call it what you want guys but poor service is poor service. I'm not sure I can fall into the "crying cause I wasn't picked" phase because it's clearly outlined that you are not guaranteed to win - it's a lottery.

And you are absolutely correct about not renewing a membership - nobody is forcing us to stay members. That's the beauty of services (most of the time) you have the option not to purchase it. I was keeping my membership alive to give the 10C the benefit of the doubt.

All in all, IMO the worst customers are those that don't tell you they had a bad experience or are unhappy because the business doesn't have the opportunity to correct the issue if they are not told about it. This is me voicing my opion of the service and saying if things don't improve I will drop my membership (as will others). In the end, I'll keep rocking out to PJ and seeing shows, just through different means.

You won't cancel your membership.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    You won't cancel your membership.

:shock: Is that an order? LOL :mrgreen: Have a little fun! We're just debating, everyone's got an opion!
  • Options
    ApuApu Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Honestly....I'd rather wait 1,2,3,4 days or more if it means the 10C can take its time and ensure that they can get as many members into shows as possible.

I've been through terrible presale experiences with other bands before where they used a ticketmaster presale codeword for "fan club members only" (reality is anyone and everyone ends up with the codeword), and then when the presale was underway...all the tickets were sold in two minutes because they were mass purchased through some scalping company's computer software. Within 15 minutes of the beginning of presale, all of the "fanclub" tickets were up on stubhub, ticketcity and other slimeball sites for 2 to 4 times the face value.

I think its great the 10C is ensuring that only fanclub members are able to buy these tickets by using the paypal method and e-mail verification. This may seem like a hassel to some people, but the pool of potential ticket buyers is greatly decreased when they are able to limit to only legitimate, current 10C members. But, this takes time and due diligence.

Also, being able to preauthorize your purchase a week in advance (pending a drawing), in my opinion, is way less stressful than trying to log into a website at the time of a presale purchase. Now that is a NIGHTMARE!!!! Constantly trying to refresh a webpage because there are 90,000 people trying to log on and buy the same 300-400 presale tickets. And, like I mentioned before, ticketmonster makes it too easy for scalper's computer software to make massive purchases and cut your out of the mix altogether!

The way they are doing this pre-authorization/fanclub verification/random drawing is the absolute best way I have seen a fans-only presale done, and I hope they can use this method on the next Pearl Jam tour as well.

Good luck everyone! (My fingers are crossed for Bass Concert Hall in Austin)
    Post edited by Apu on
  • Options
    Apu wrote:
    Honestly....I'd rather wait 1,2,3,4 days or more if it means the 10C can take its time and ensure that they can get as many members into shows as possible.

that's not relevant to this delay. the number of seats available were already determined..... its not like theyre on the phone with the venues trying to score more seats.

but yeah, people should chill.
  • Options
    Apu wrote:

I've been through terrible presale experiences with other bands before where they used a ticketmaster presale codeword for "fan club members only" (reality is anyone and everyone ends up with the codeword), and then when the presale was underway...all the tickets were sold in two minutes because they were mass purchased through some scalping company's computer software. Within 15 minutes of the beginning of presale, all of the "fanclub" tickets were up on stubhub, ticketcity and other slimeball sites for 2 to 4 times the face value.

I think its great the 10C is ensuring that only fanclub members are able to buy these tickets by using the paypal method and e-mail verification. This may seem like a hassel to some people, but the pool of potential ticket buyers is greatly decreased when they are able to limit to only legitimate, current 10C members. But, this takes time and due diligence.

I hope they are able to use this method on the next Pearl Jam tour as well.

Good luck everyone!

This!

Times a thousand.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Just about 3 minutes ago I received this email from the 10 club.....

Congratulations. Your name has been drawn for a pair of tickets to for theAlbuquerque April 16th show. We will now charge your credit cardauthorization in PayPal. The Ten Club will be emailing you closer to the date of the show with moreinformation on how to pick up your tickets up at will call on the night ofthe show. Thanks, Ten Club
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Congratulations. Your name has been drawn for a pair of tickets to for theAlbuquerque April 16th show. We will now charge your credit cardauthorization in PayPal. The Ten Club will be emailing you closer to the date of the show with moreinformation on how to pick up your tickets up at will call on the night ofthe show. Thanks, Ten Club

nice!!! so the emails are starting to come out. congrats!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011

VERY SWEET - CONGRATS!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    Congratulations. Your name has been drawn for a pair of tickets to for the
    Austin April 27th show. We will now charge your credit card authorization
    in PayPal.
    The Ten Club will be emailing you closer to the date of the show with more
    information on how to pick up your tickets up at will call on the night of
    the show.

Thanks,
    Ten Club
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • Options
    acpaxton01 wrote:
    in PayPal.
    the show.

Thanks,
    Ten Club

I just got the same one for Austin too! I'm so pumped!!!!!!!
  • Options
    No email yet - but my paypal 'authorization' just switched to 'pending.'

Hoping that's a good thing.
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    acpaxton01 wrote:
    in PayPal.
    the show.

Thanks,
    Ten Club

Did your charge in Paypal still say Pending or was it actually charged? For those of us on Yahoo mail, we have to wait longer for the 10c emails. I'm wondering if checking my Paypal account or getting a Paypal email about the charge going through is my better option today.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    acpaxton01 wrote:
    in PayPal.
    the show.

Thanks,
    Ten Club

Did your charge in Paypal still say Pending or was it actually charged? For those of us on Yahoo mail, we have to wait longer for the 10c emails. I'm wondering if checking my Paypal account or getting a Paypal email about the charge going through is my better option today.

It just says 'Pending.' Not Charged. And I'm Yahoo, also.
This discussion has been closed.