Options

Eddie Vedder Announces 2012 US Solo Tour

Comments

• Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    docblaze wrote:
    truly uncanny another delay, this is getting old with every tour having issues

What delay? You act like you're waiting in line or something.

As in we were given a timeframe and the timeframe wasn't met.

de·lay (d-l)
    v. de·layed, de·lay·ing, de·lays
    v.tr.
    1. To postpone until a later time; defer.
    2. To cause to be later or slower than expected or desired: Heavy traffic delayed us.
    v.intr.
    To act or move slowly; put off an action or a decision.
    n.
    1. The act of delaying; postponement: responded without delay.
    2. The condition of being delayed; detainment.
    3. The period of time during which one is delayed.
    4. The interval of time between two events.

I didn't see where they actually said they would email us on the 30th. In regard to a "delay," your expectation/assumption that we'd be notified one way or the other on the 30th seems misguided.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    victory513 wrote:
    I didn't see where they actually said they would email us on the 30th. In regard to a "delay," your expectation/assumption that we'd be notified one way or the other on the 30th seems misguided.

I'm not upset at all about the delay but this site does say they would e-mail us by the 30th. http://www.pearljam.com/presale
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

Monday, January 30th 8:38 PM Pacific: Sorry for the delay, we'll be email ticket winner tomorrow (Tuesday). Your patience is appreciated!

How are my expectations/assumptions misguided, especially when the update states there is a delay? When the word delay is used doesn't that mean 'slower than expected or desired'?
  • Options
    I misread the notice. I apologize. :cry:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    victory513 wrote:

We'll get our notice soon enough..it's all good! :thumbup:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,388
    Happy Tuesday! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    victory513 wrote:

8-)

It's a Tuesday, and we all know everything comes out on Tuesdays ;)
  • Options
    I'm excited. I figure even if I don't get 10c tickets, the public sale is Friday, and we'll know definitely by then! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Maybe they are trying to get the kinks worked out before the 2012 North American tour? I'm trying to bring some positive rays in on this delayed situation. Cheers!
  • Options
    Any guesses when the emails will be sent out? I'm gonna be optimistic and go with 2 and1/2 hours.
    "makes much more sense to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    12 hours since last "update"...

aug08_021.gif

;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    12 hours since last "update"...

aug08_021.gif

;)

Well - Hope you weren't expecting alot to happen in those 12 hours:

8:30 PM: Call it a night - 'update status' by saying 'See ya tomorrow!'
    8:45 PM: Grab a beer and wings on the way home
    10:15 PM: Get home - jump in the shower - off to bed
    7:30 AM: Alarm goes off - crawl out of bed - start coffee
    7:40 AM: Morning shower
    8:00 AM: Pour a large cup of half coffee/half Bailey's
    8:15 AM: Check Online Forums - :o
    8:30 AM: Jump in car to head to the Office and Try to Finish Ticket Requests
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    12 after 9am on the west coast. Time for 10C elves to get to the office and start picking names out of hats. :)
  • Options
    Some people are so impatient.

Let's let the Tenclub people sleep in a bit, grab some donuts, and then head back to the office before we start complaining.

With such small venues, I know the chances are good that I won't even get tickets. But it doesn't make me appreciate what they are doing any less. They are going out of their way to make sure we have a first run at decent tickets.

You know how many other major bands have fanclubs that do that? VERY FEW.

Go on any other band's forums and you'll see people complaining that their shitty ticketmaster presale password was for the worst seats in the house. You'll see them complaining that the presale password they were given was the same as what was given to 6 local radio stations.

We are fortunate and shouldn't be sending messages complaining that everything they are doing is not in OUR preferred timetable. We should all be sending them emails thanking them for their tireless work on OUR behalf.

They are working overtime so that YOU can have a good time. But YOU are somehow being inconvenienced because it's taking too long? Piss off with your negativity, seriously. Let your membership lapse so someone more appreciative can sit in your seat.
    Pearl Jam is an ok american rock n roll group
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    12 after 9am on the west coast. Time for 10C elves to get to the office and start picking names out of hats. :)

Kind of reminds me when the would give tickets by tables (groups of member #'s) -

I remember in Vegas they has us all in a room and would call 'table 1' and everyone jumped up...
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    With such small venues, I know the chances are good that I won't even get tickets. But it doesn't make me appreciate what they are doing any less. They are going out of their way to make sure we have a first run at decent tickets.

You really think only a small fraction of people will get tickets?
  • Options
    davet7462 wrote:
    Six7Six7 wrote:

Well do the math. Doesn't the Tenclub only get like 10% of the tickets for tenclub members?

On a 5000 seat venue that is 500 tickets.

When they play 30,000 seat arenas they have 3000 to give out and still sell out of fanclub tickets.

So 1 out of 6(+) people who want them, will get tickets this time around.

Smaller venues, smaller ticket allotment.
    Pearl Jam is an ok american rock n roll group
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    davet7462 wrote:
    Six7Six7 wrote:

Well do the math. Doesn't the Tenclub only get like 10% of the tickets for tenclub members?

On a 5000 seat venue that is 500 tickets.

When they play 30,000 seat arenas they have 3000 to give out and still sell out of fanclub tickets.

So 1 out of 6(+) people who want them, will get tickets this time around.

Smaller venues, smaller ticket allotment.

Yeah - I can do the math. Just wasn't sure if the demand for an EV show would be the same as a PJ show. :dunno
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Tuesday, January 31st 9:40 AM Pacific: Sorry for the delay, we'll are wrapping up the drawing this morning and will be sending out confirmations later today. Your patience is appreciated!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Tuesday, January 31st 9:40 AM Pacific: Sorry for the delay, we'll are wrapping up the drawing this morning and will be sending out confirmations later today. Your patience is appreciated!
    facepalm2-600x480.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The south ? :roll: Hardly.. Im glad Fla is getting some shows,but what about GA,SC,NC,Al ?

spending $500-1000 to see a show is really getting old..
  • Options
    Waiting patiently… very, very patiently.

Aaagh. C'mon already!

I jest though - sure they're hard at work by now :)
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:

Kind of reminds me when the would give tickets by tables (groups of member #'s) -

I remember in Vegas they has us all in a room and would call 'table 1' and everyone jumped up...

I remember that! Was that 2000? 2003?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    hvrsqhvrsq Las Vegas Posts: 49
    Tuesday, January 31st 9:40 AM Pacific: Sorry for the delay, we'll are wrapping up the drawing this morning and will be sending out confirmations later TODAY. Your patience is appreciated!

Yesterdays "today" turned out to be tomorrow. Today's "today" could possibly be tomorrow too, because "today" is actually yesterdays tomorrow.
    if nothing is everything......
    I'll have it all!
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    why am i not surprised by the delay
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    facepalm2-600x480.jpg

exactly how i felt when i woke up this morning and saw that no emails were sent out.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    I checked my PayPal earlier and the pending charges not there anymore. Does this mean I didn't get drawn or does it time out at some point? Anybody else check theirs?
  • Options
    Michaelf wrote:
    I checked my PayPal earlier and the pending charges not there anymore. Does this mean I didn't get drawn or does it time out at some point? Anybody else check theirs?

Did you 'View All Transactions?'
  • Options
    Michaelf wrote:

http://www.pearljam.com/presale

Q: I entered the drawing via PayPal a couple of days ago and saw an authorization on my card at the time, but today the authorization has disappeared. Am I still in the drawing?
    A: Yes, you are still in the drawing. Some credit cards have timing parameters that are slightly different than others. It’s nothing to worry about, this is normal. You are still in the drawing and we still have the ability to charge that card if you are selected in the drawing. Just be sure not to spend those funds in the meantime!
  • Options
    I've still got a pending charge in mine...

I've only used the 10C for 2 shows so far, and both "drawings" have been a disaster. There are a lot of holier-than-thou people on here that are acting humble and understanding of the 10C's position, but let's be honest - we're paying for a service here that's pretty poor. There's no doubt in my mind that the guys in the 10C are working hard on the issue, but at the end of the day they are not meeting the obligations of the services they say they are going to provide. I own and manage a couple of businesses and I can tell you that if I don't fulfill my obligations of service, my guests are not very humble and understanding. For example, at my restaurant, could you imagine if I told you your food would be out in 15 minutes but kept stalling and delaying, then finally got it to you 3 hours later... you'd be pretty upset.

The membership is $20-$40 per year, if that's not cutting it to ensure they have enough people/ technology to meet their obligations, maybe time to raise prices?

Just my 2cents... here come the flames! :mrgreen:
    Blossom Music Center - Aug 26, 1998
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    Fox Theatre - June 26, 2011 (EV solo)
    Air Canada Centre - September 12, 2011
This discussion has been closed.