Options

Eddie Vedder Announces 2012 US Solo Tour

Comments

• Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    what does 'later' mean?....maybe they need to buy more ping pong balls for the drawing.
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Great pics G-fury. I forgot he was there last year too...that was the infamous karaoke at the best western trip.

Can't wait to get my tickets :)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    kableskables Posts: 3
    Q: What's got 2 thumbs and is tired of waiting for an update?

A: This guy.

Sorry for being a lame-o. Where's the update?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    kables wrote:
    Q: What's got 2 thumbs and is tired of waiting for an update?

A: This guy.

Sorry for being a lame-o. Where's the update?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.pearljam.com/presale
    Pearl Jam is an ok american rock n roll group
  • Options
    JebcrgJebcrg Posts: 11
    There are butterflies in my belly and I want to crawl out of my skin. Waiting, as y'all are, to hear about tickets. I am 57 years old and have never seen PJ or EV live. As a matter of fact, i didn't know much about them until October 2011, when I watched PJ20, Cameron Crowe's outstanding documentary, on American Masters on PBS. I have now seen it at least 15 times. I have the accompanying, beautiful book. The story of this band blows me away. It's as if all the gods converged at exactly the right moment to put these beautiful, soulful, brilliant and gifted men together. I have become a quick and avid student of all things PJ. Seeing them live has quickly become number one on my bucket list.
    My heart is so filled with emotion about this. They have made me feel alive again. Ahhh...so much music, so little time.

Jebcrg
  • Options
    Jebcrg wrote:
    There are butterflies in my belly and I want to crawl out of my skin. Waiting, as y'all are, to hear about tickets. I am 57 years old and have never seen PJ or EV live. As a matter of fact, i didn't know much about them until October 2011, when I watched PJ20, Cameron Crowe's outstanding documentary, on American Masters on PBS. I have now seen it at least 15 times. I have the accompanying, beautiful book. The story of this band blows me away. It's as if all the gods converged at exactly the right moment to put these beautiful, soulful, brilliant and gifted men together. I have become a quick and avid student of all things PJ. Seeing them live has quickly become number one on my bucket list.
    My heart is so filled with emotion about this. They have made me feel alive again. Ahhh...so much music, so little time.

Jebcrg

You'll see them soon enough. I don't think they have any plans to stop anytime soon.
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    Jebcrg wrote:

Jebcrg

You'll see them soon enough. I don't think they have any plans to stop anytime soon.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    G-Fury wrote:
    EJE201 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:
    By the way I met Eddie on Wednesday!

details please

Love your photos...you lucky dog!!!
  • Options
    Jebcrg wrote:

Jebcrg

Which city are you trying for?
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    G-Fury wrote:
    EJE201 wrote:
    G-Fury wrote:
    By the way I met Eddie on Wednesday!

details please

I was at lunch with my friend and I got a call from another friend who said he heard Eddie was at a local bar the night before. As soon as he told me that I thought, "Of course...it is the week of Cubs Fantasy camp". On my way home from lunch I figured I would drive by the Cubs spring training facility just to see if anything was going on. I drove by all the fields but didn't see anyone so I was about to just go home but then I saw a bus drop off a bunch of people who looked like they were partying. So, I parked the car and figured I would follow the group of people. The walked into were the 3 fields are and I heard one of them say. "they are coming out!". Come to find out later these were all friends of Chris Chelios and they were gonna surprise him for his birthday.

Sure enough, about a minute after I walk up there here comes all the players in the camp out of the clubhouse, and of course Eddie. So I am there watching Ed play baseball, which he is actually pretty good at. The whole time I am wishing I had something for him to sign. Then, as luck would have it, Eddie hits a foul ball right to me. "Yes, now I have something!". After the game there were about 8 people there waiting for Ed to sign something. His bodyguard tells everyone to get in a line and Ed will sign one thing each. I was about 3rd in line. I had to barrow a pen from the guy next to me as I didn't have one. I finally get up to Ed and hand him the ball and say "This is actually your foul ball". He laughs and says "Really?" As he is signing it I say "Thanks for making the last 20 years of my life a little easier". He looks up at me and says "Wow, that is such a nice thing to say. What's your name?" I tell him and then he grabs me and gives me a big hug. I say "I am looking forward to seeing you and Glen in April". He shakes my hand and says, "Thank you, thank you, take care."

I have pics but I feel I already hijacked this thread.
    Incredible story, thanks for sharing!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,509
    As much as this waiting sucks, I will gladly take this over the stress of trying to get online during my work day & trying to get tickets in addition to doing my job. Like most other employers, mine frowns upon conducting personal business during the work day.
    I understand this method does not guarantee tickets, but neither did the old method for that matter.

Hoping for Phoenix!!
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    davet7462 wrote:
    Jebcrg wrote:

Jebcrg

Which city are you trying for?
    I was going to ask that too. I hope it's Tulsa so I can meet you! :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    random thought: Mother gets played in Ft Lauderdale on Mother's Day right?
  • Options
    As much as this waiting sucks, I will gladly take this over the stress of trying to get online during my work day & trying to get tickets in addition to doing my job. Like most other employers, mine frowns upon conducting personal business during the work day.
    I understand this method does not guarantee tickets, but neither did the old method for that matter.

Hoping for Phoenix!!

Hoping to see you there!
  • Options
    G-FuryG-Fury Posts: 53
    Six7Six7 wrote:

Hoping for Phoenix!!

Hoping to see you there!
    Hoping to see both of you there
  • Options
    great, i didn't realize there was this much competition. :lol:
  • Options
    "Getting closer to finishing the drawing."

I guess that's good news
  • Options
    G-Fury wrote:
    "Getting closer to finishing the drawing."

I guess that's good news

It's probably going like this:

- Pull a name
    Not a fanclub member's email address
    - Pull a name
    - Pull a name

hahahaha

I hope enough people messed up that those of us who did it correctly all get picked. :lol:
  • Options
    I requested tickets for Vegas. Though I live quite a distance from there, I'm thinking about moving, so it would allow me to look for a place to live. Thanks for asking!
  • Options
    BTW, G-Fury, you are one lucky human being. I would have been awed to be in his presence.
  • Options
    Jebcrg wrote:
    BTW, G-Fury, you are one lucky human being. I would have been awed to be in his presence.
    I was awed. It now seems kinda like a blur. I am not one to get star struck but Ed has been the only celebrity I have ever wanted to meet. I am glad to say he didn't disappoint. You sometimes hear how someone meets their favorite singer or actor etc. only to be disappointed in finding out the person is actually a jerk. All I can say is Ed is a genuine nice guy who really seems to care about his fans.

What does piss me off is that probably 6 of the 8 people getting his autograph were there just so they could sell it. I checked Ebay yesterday and sure enough I saw the same items newly listed that I saw him signing. Those people ruin it for true fans. No wonder so many don't like to sign stuff.
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    G-Fury, that is a fantastic story, thanks for sharing and making this waiting a little less painful :):D

Crossing fingers for Houston or Lauderdale!!!!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    G-Fury wrote:
    Jebcrg wrote:
    I was awed. It now seems kinda like a blur. I am not one to get star struck but Ed has been the only celebrity I have ever wanted to meet. I am glad to say he didn't disappoint. You sometimes hear how someone meets their favorite singer or actor etc. only to be disappointed in finding out the person is actually a jerk. All I can say is Ed is a genuine nice guy who really seems to care about his fans.

What does piss me off is that probably 6 of the 8 people getting his autograph were there just so they could sell it. I checked Ebay yesterday and sure enough I saw the same items newly listed that I saw him signing. Those people ruin it for true fans. No wonder so many don't like to sign stuff.

great story. hope to meet him someday, Ed has always been the ONLY celebrity that I care to meet, since I was like 11 years old. maybe I'll get my wish :D
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    VeroneyVeroney Posts: 32
    has anyone gotten word of the tickets...im still waiting to know if I got chosen! :(
    Live Free, no life wasted!
  • Options
    G-Fury, thanks so much for sharing your story and pics! You were indeed blessed to meet Eddie, and I am happy for you that you had the chance! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Veroney wrote:
    has anyone gotten word of the tickets...im still waiting to know if I got chosen! :(

http://www.pearljam.com/presale
  • Options
    Most everyone has a different paypal address than listed in their "clubs"... wtf... mostly for security reasons... no one wants thier paypal e-mail listed on every website they belong too. I tried changing my e-mail, but the "Ten Club" would not let me... why?... because my previous EXPIRED Ten Club membership was under the "paypal" e-mail address... so when I resigned up for membership last year, I entered my new e-mail to do so... so now their computer thinks the EXPIRED membership is still active under the old e-mail... WHAT? So it is a no win... probably get better tickets from a scalper anyways.... was a previous member for YEARS back in the 90's and always got sh*tty seats... peeps who just joined up got better seats than me... so how's that work out Ten Club???
  • Options
    madmadison wrote:
    Most everyone has a different paypal address than listed in their "clubs"... wtf... mostly for security reasons... no one wants thier paypal e-mail listed on every website they belong too. I tried changing my e-mail, but the "Ten Club" would not let me... why?... because my previous EXPIRED Ten Club membership was under the "paypal" e-mail address... so when I resigned up for membership last year, I entered my new e-mail to do so... so now their computer thinks the EXPIRED membership is still active under the old e-mail... WHAT? So it is a no win... probably get better tickets from a scalper anyways.... was a previous member for YEARS back in the 90's and always got sh*tty seats... peeps who just joined up got better seats than me... so how's that work out Ten Club???

I'm sure you could have just changed the email address your tenclub membership is associated with, just like they said you could in the email they sent out to everyone.

:lol:
  • Options
    the wait is killing me! i am 9 weeks pregnant and totally exhausted.... and this is way past my bedtime..... i NEED to know before bed!! please.....
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    madmadison wrote:

I'm sure you could have just changed the email address your tenclub membership is associated with, just like they said you could in the email they sent out to everyone.

:lol:

I went ahead and just did it as guest to prevent any address/email screwups
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
This discussion has been closed.