The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Mornin, friends!

redrock, how were the shows? Neil's among several who I'd love to see live at some point in my life.

Hope our midwestern brethren are getting through what seems like some awful weather.

Here, it's fucking GORGEOUS. Windows open and clean sharp air coming through.

Waked n baked, cats been rolling on the sunshine-warmed carpet, diggin on new Puscifer with the love of my life.

Can't say it gets any better than this :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,603
    Mornin, Hedonist. Mornin, friends.

A fresh copy of New York Dolls "Lipstick Killers" on the turn table, flu bug downgraded to a mild cold, clouds breaking to blue, and mint leaves in my little blue tea pot. Life is good! :mrgreen:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi guys! Been a while :mrgreen:

Hedonist.... shows are yet to come (though I have seen these artists before) and I'm very excited about them.

It's the morning here... maybe a bit too early for a beer or the likes. Sun is trying to peek through the clouds - my living room is a suntrap and that is lovely (even if it's cold outside) - 5 of the 6 cats found their little bit of sunshine and warmth to sleep in!

I think I'll relax for a bit with a nice cup of strong coffee.

Have a lovely week-end all!
  • pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    wow 6 cats :shock:
    speaking of hair not too early here for a bit of some

a shot of Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka for me, thank you
    nothing like vodka to start the day :)
    pj1981 - you posted before 7am my time? Where are ya to be hittin the hair so early :P

redrock, glad to see you back.

And agreed, six cats?! I wish we had the space for that many. Still, our two have been digging this weather (in the 80s today and it's early March - hence my love/not-so-loving stance of LA :mrgreen: )

Man, I LOVE Saturday mornings.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    hedonist wrote:
    pj1981 - you posted before 7am my time? Where are ya to be hittin the hair so early :P

Some people just need a shot to start the day off :lol:
    hedonist wrote:

Some people just need a shot to start the day off :lol:
    That's what she said :mrgreen:

And amen!
    Yeah.. 6 cats. Eldest 11 today (my oldest cat died at 21 3 months ago) and youngest just over 5 months (getting her little 'op' on Monday :o ) I'm a sucker for cats - would have more but can't afford it!

Just after 8pm now - ready to settle with dinner and some lovely wine! :mrgreen:
    Oh, I'm sorry about your eldest. Ours was 17 and even though it's been six years, still hurts.

But, such sweetness in the experience and memories. From their side too, I'm sure of it.

Cats kick ass.

Bon appetito and salut!
    Same here, Redrock, sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. 21! Wow- that's getting up there!

We very likely will be getting a young new cat to keep at home (our store cat doesn't tolerate other animals very well- she's such a tyrant :lol: ) next week after the present owner (who found her as a stray) has it neutered (very cool of him to do that for us). She is jet black with one tiny white "beauty mark" on here face and beautiful jade-green eyes. Looking forward to bringing her home- then the tough part- coming up with a name!

Cheers and happy weekend, all! :mrgreen:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    Same here, Redrock, sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. 21! Wow- that's getting up there!

We very likely will be getting a young new cat to keep at home (our store cat doesn't tolerate other animals very well- she's such a tyrant :lol: ) next week after the present owner (who found her as a stray) has it neutered (very cool of him to do that for us). She is jet black with one tiny white "beauty mark" on here face and beautiful jade-green eyes. Looking forward to bringing her home- then the tough part- coming up with a name!

Spayed if she's a she, not neutered!

But seriously, good on ya for adopting. I bet she'll have a very chill and loving home with you.

Given her description (she sounds beautiful), I say just call her...Jet.

Plus every time you call for her, you can sing it a la Paul & Wings :mrgreen:
    hedonist wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Spayed if she's a she, not neutered!

But seriously, good on ya for adopting. I bet she'll have a very chill and loving home with you.

Given her description (she sounds beautiful), I say just call her...Jet.

Plus every time you call for her, you can sing it a la Paul & Wings :mrgreen:

Oh yeah... that :lol:

Well, to continue the story... the guy who found her as a stray wanted to bring her by at 3:30... as in AM... as in 4 1/2 hours from now. And then take her in to the clinic at 6 AM. As in 7 hours from now. Right... :lol: I said, "ummm", and he said, "Yeah, right. OK. Next week then. OK, fine..." :lol:

Oh man...what day... is it too late for one more? :lol:

Bartender!

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly
    Is Jason a-buzzing? :P

I too love scotch - AND Scottish accents!

Just came back from a hair appointment - my hair guy has a new assistant, huge English fella.

Good GOD, whatta scalp massage he gave me!

(I'm feelin' alright....uh huh :) )

Cheers, all!
    Can't fool Scotty with fake Scotch! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYJinHOvwM

brianlux wrote:
    Can't fool Scotty with fake Scotch! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYJinHOvwM
    He reminds me of the male version of our Scottish accountant from work :mrgreen:

Beam me up!

(btw, as I write this, there is a HUGE m-f'in rainbow going across the city right now. Fucking gorgeous)
    tumblr_lprp546UQL1qi3yaso1_500.gif
    drpepper-forest-gump.gif

Life is like a box full of P.B.R.
    hedonist wrote:

I too love scotch - AND Scottish accents!

Just came back from a hair appointment - my hair guy has a new assistant, huge English fella.

Good GOD, whatta scalp massage he gave me!

(I'm feelin' alright....uh huh :) )

Cheers, all!
    scrooge-mcduck-blog.jpg
    hedonist wrote:
    I just found $20 in my seat cushings ...

Good times!!!

Picture+2.png

Yes ... I'm buzzing. :P
    Somebody's feeling good tonight eh, Jaspon P? :lol: :thumbup:

I was a bit 'happy' last night - no having to pick up daughter from her outing, etc. so just 'relaxed'... but a bit too much as I fell asleep so couldn't fully enjoy all this happiness!!!
    hedonist wrote:
    I say just call her...Jet.

Guess which one is my Jet (old photo - have one less but two more cats since then...)....

P1090768.jpg
    redrock wrote:
    I was a bit 'happy' last night - no having to pick up daughter from her outing, etc. so just 'relaxed'... but a bit too much as I fell asleep so couldn't fully enjoy all this happiness!!!
    hedonist wrote:
    I say just call her...Jet.

Guess which one is my Jet (old photo - have one less but two more cats since then...)....

P1090768.jpg

Beauties! :D

redrock wrote:

P1090768.jpg
    Awww! They're all adorable (I'm particularly taken with curled-up one-black-toe :P ). And Jet! ...whatta big boy (girl?) - reminds me of our George, sizewise.

Even if I didn't have a green buzz at the moment, this thread - and you fine folks - are making me happy this morning.
    Hope you're all enjoying your week-end. Mothering Sunday here - was spoilt with breakfast in bed and a lovely present of vanilla smellies. Had a blissful soak in a bath drawn for me and dinner will be cooked for me too!
    Had some gorgeous wine yesterday - trend not to drink on a sunday night seeing I, get up at 5am monday morning!

Hedonist - Jet is a big boy.
    Enjoy YOUR day, rr! Our version is in a couple of months. Always nice to make a point of letting our mothers know how much ass they kick.

(what exactly are vanilla smellies :P )
    Everything vanilla to make you snell nice! Bubble bath, body wash, body lotion and vanilla oil . I like vanilla :oops:

Mothering Sunday has a different origin than the american Mothers Day (which has been exported). It's from a christian tradition and takes place on the 4th Sunday of lent.
    redrock wrote:
    Everything vanilla to make you snell nice! Bubble bath, body wash, body lotion and vanilla oil . I like vanilla :oops:

Mothering Sunday has a different origin than the american Mothers Day (which has been exported). It's from a christian tradition and takes place on the 4th Sunday of lent.
    Ah...and yum! I'm the same way with vanilla, along with cinnamon and sandalwood.

Warm, comforting scents.

(shout out to http://www.lush.com! ;) )
    hedonist wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Ah...and yum! I'm the same way with vanilla, along with cinnamon and sandalwood.

Warm, comforting scents.

There, see! A devout sensualist! :lol:

brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Warm, comforting scents.

There, see! A devout sensualist! :lol:
    Touche.

I guess I just don't like devoutness paired with nothingness :mrgreen: