The Train's Lounge Car

1199200201202203205»

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,565
    edited August 25
    This song is from RUSH though retired is my all time favorite rock band. It goes out there to where ever he is our PJ brother CHADWICK. From his posts here and elsewhere I'm sure he's starting conversations with Pandora, rest peacefully my brother rest peacefully......

From the album: Grace Under Pressure 

AFTERIMAGE 

Suddenly, you were gone
    From all the lives you left your mark upon
    I remember
    How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
    I hear the voices
    We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
    I see the footprints
    I remember
    I feel the way you would
    I feel the way you would
    Tried to believe but you know it's no good
    This is something that just can't be understood
    I remember
    The shouts of joy, skiing fast through the woods
    I hear the echoes
    I learned your love for life
    I feel the way that you would
    I feel your presence
    I remember
    I feel the way you would
    This just can't be understood

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 18,027
    brianlux said:
    Hey friends,  my computer has been compromised so I probably won't be on here for awhile.  I need to get a new one anyway.

So in the mean time, cheers!

Brian

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 1,406
    Coffee, doobie, new Tool 
    Here I go
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 1,406
    https://youtu.be/SpSMoBp8awM
    New Sturgill. I really like it and am looking forward to this album.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,500
    I have not been here for a while ... it's shocking to read about all the sad things that have been happening since then.

I'm so sorry to hear about Chadwick. Sadly I didn't really know him, but I got from his posts he was a good heart.
    It's so sad and painful to lose a good person, I'm so sorry for everybody who misses him badly. :(

edited September 1
    After seeing Sting and then Ben Harper last week this song is ringing in my head.

Ben Harper & The Relentless 7.... live
    Up To You Now

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    After seeing Sting and then Ben Harper last week this song is ringing in my head.

Ben Harper & The Relentless 7.... live
    Up To You Now

Peace
    Thank you for sharing this! :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,299
    kce8 said:
    I have not been here for a while ... it's shocking to read about all the sad things that have been happening since then.

I'm so sorry to hear about Chadwick. Sadly I didn't really know him, but I got from his posts he was a good heart.
    It's so sad and painful to lose a good person, I'm so sorry for everybody who misses him badly. :(

Welcome back, kce!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

^ Thanks Brian :hug: 

I'm just getting ready for an evening with my "old friends" and looking forward to a nice party with old music and laughter until the tears begin to flow.
    It still amazes me how we all return to our friendships and feel that there have never been so many crazy years without each other in between! 

Cheers to you all and have a great night too! 

I absolutely love this version with Myles voice! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=H3By4DZyTNM

kce8 said:
    ^ Thanks Brian :hug: 

I'm just getting ready for an evening with my "old friends" and looking forward to a nice party with old music and laughter until the tears begin to flow.
    It still amazes me how we all return to our friendships and feel that there have never been so many crazy years without each other in between! 

Cheers to you all and have a great night too! 

I absolutely love this version with Myles voice! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=H3By4DZyTNM

Have a blast, kce,  Cheers!
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,881
    Brilliant!

hedonist said:
    Brilliant!

Ah!  One of the best!  :smiley: 
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

Some things never grow old.

Long live Rickles!

hedonist said:
    Some things never grow old.

Long live Rickles!

Man, as a youngster I would stay up late to watch these roasts. They were some of the funniest, one liners these comedians could ever come up with. Don Rickles was the best, I'm sure Robin Williams got some of his comedic form from DR. Don Rickles and Richard Pryor are two comedians that could ALWAYS make me LOL.

Thank you for the post.

Peace

• Jason PJason P Posts: 18,027
    hedonist said:
    Brilliant!

Disgusting that they would let Steve Martin play this role when so many unemployed Pharraos looking for work in the 70’s. 
    Jason P said:
    hedonist said:
    Brilliant!

Disgusting that they would let Steve Martin play this role when so many unemployed Pharraos looking for work in the 70’s. 
    =)

g, you're more than welcome.  I also grew up with those roasts.

I'm sure Robin revered Rickles as he did Winters.  Here are the two of them at Comic Relief (almost 20 years ago!).