The Train's Lounge Car

1200201202203205

Comments

  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    edited August 25
    This song is from RUSH though retired is my all time favorite rock band. It goes out there to where ever he is our PJ brother CHADWICK. From his posts here and elsewhere I'm sure he's starting conversations with Pandora, rest peacefully my brother rest peacefully......

    From the album: Grace Under Pressure 

    AFTERIMAGE 

    Suddenly, you were gone
    From all the lives you left your mark upon
    I remember
    How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
    I hear the voices
    We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
    I see the footprints
    I remember
    I feel the way you would
    I feel the way you would
    Tried to believe but you know it's no good
    This is something that just can't be understood
    I remember
    The shouts of joy, skiing fast through the woods
    I hear the echoes
    I learned your love for life
    I feel the way that you would
    I feel your presence
    I remember
    I feel the way you would
    This just can't be understood



    Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,218
    brianlux said:
    Hey friends,  my computer has been compromised so I probably won't be on here for awhile.  I need to get a new one anyway.

    So in the mean time, cheers!

    Brian

  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 1,612
    Coffee, doobie, new Tool 
    Here I go
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 1,612
    https://youtu.be/SpSMoBp8awM
    New Sturgill. I really like it and am looking forward to this album.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,516
    I have not been here for a while ... it's shocking to read about all the sad things that have been happening since then.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Chadwick. Sadly I didn't really know him, but I got from his posts he was a good heart.
    It's so sad and painful to lose a good person, I'm so sorry for everybody who misses him badly. :(



  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    edited September 1
    After seeing Sting and then Ben Harper last week this song is ringing in my head.

    Ben Harper & The Relentless 7.... live
    Up To You Now



    Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,516
    g under p said:
    After seeing Sting and then Ben Harper last week this song is ringing in my head.

    Ben Harper & The Relentless 7.... live
    Up To You Now



    Peace
    Thank you for sharing this! :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,790
    kce8 said:
    I have not been here for a while ... it's shocking to read about all the sad things that have been happening since then.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Chadwick. Sadly I didn't really know him, but I got from his posts he was a good heart.
    It's so sad and painful to lose a good person, I'm so sorry for everybody who misses him badly. :(



    Welcome back, kce!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong... wrong,
    Wrong wrong wrong."
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,516
    ^ Thanks Brian :hug: 

    I'm just getting ready for an evening with my "old friends" and looking forward to a nice party with old music and laughter until the tears begin to flow.
    It still amazes me how we all return to our friendships and feel that there have never been so many crazy years without each other in between! 

    Cheers to you all and have a great night too! 

    I absolutely love this version with Myles voice! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=H3By4DZyTNM

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,790
    kce8 said:
    ^ Thanks Brian :hug: 

    I'm just getting ready for an evening with my "old friends" and looking forward to a nice party with old music and laughter until the tears begin to flow.
    It still amazes me how we all return to our friendships and feel that there have never been so many crazy years without each other in between! 

    Cheers to you all and have a great night too! 

    I absolutely love this version with Myles voice! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=H3By4DZyTNM

    Have a blast, kce,  Cheers!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong... wrong,
    Wrong wrong wrong."
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 20,071
    Brilliant!

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,790
    hedonist said:
    Brilliant!

    Ah!  One of the best!  :smiley: 
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong... wrong,
    Wrong wrong wrong."
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 20,071
    Some things never grow old.

    Long live Rickles!

  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    hedonist said:
    Some things never grow old.

    Long live Rickles!

    Man, as a youngster I would stay up late to watch these roasts. They were some of the funniest, one liners these comedians could ever come up with. Don Rickles was the best, I'm sure Robin Williams got some of his comedic form from DR. Don Rickles and Richard Pryor are two comedians that could ALWAYS make me LOL.

    Thank you for the post.

    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,218
    hedonist said:
    Brilliant!

    Disgusting that they would let Steve Martin play this role when so many unemployed Pharraos looking for work in the 70’s. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 20,071
    Jason P said:
    hedonist said:
    Brilliant!

    Disgusting that they would let Steve Martin play this role when so many unemployed Pharraos looking for work in the 70’s. 
    =)

    g, you're more than welcome.  I also grew up with those roasts.

    I'm sure Robin revered Rickles as he did Winters.  Here are the two of them at Comic Relief (almost 20 years ago!).

  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via ChicagoPosts: 4,614

    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,218
    One of the greatest movie endings ever ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et20u4PMTCc
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    This one goes out to The Who Princess, HAPPY HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY

    Pete Townsend live on Late Night.....
    A Friend Is A Friend



    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,516
    I'm a little bit sad tonight after reading through comments on AMT... 


    So if you need something to make you smile watch this!

  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    This one goes out to Democrats who at this time need to STEP UP and get the political job done.

    It also goes out to Trump who at this time is feeling THE PRESSURE.
     
    The songs RISE & UNDER PRESSURE 
    VEDDER & BEN HARPER & R7




    Peace

    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,952
    g under p said:
    This one goes out to Democrats who at this time need to STEP UP and get the political job done.

    It also goes out to Trump who at this time is feeling THE PRESSURE.
     
    The songs RISE & UNDER PRESSURE 
    VEDDER & BEN HARPER & R7




    Peace

    Very nice sentiment & video. Thanks for posting.✌🤗


  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    We are just about half this month of October so why not play something from that forgotten U2 album OCTOBER.

    This one live from the the title album October-New Year's Day from 
    Under Blood Red Sky....Red Rocks



    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    I got lawn seats from a friend to go see guys tonight, it's been since '89 the last time I saw them. I think they're on their 40th or 50th anniversary tour. They're a fun band to see live.



    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Yes loads of fun!! Didnt know they were still playing live!! Have a great time!! B)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,790
    g under p said:
    I got lawn seats from a friend to go see guys tonight, it's been since '89 the last time I saw them. I think they're on their 40th or 50th anniversary tour. They're a fun band to see live.



    Peace
    Nice to see they're still out there doing it!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong... wrong,
    Wrong wrong wrong."
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,603
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:
    I got lawn seats from a friend to go see guys tonight, it's been since '89 the last time I saw them. I think they're on their 40th or 50th anniversary tour. They're a fun band to see live.



    Peace
    Nice to see they're still out there doing it!
    Yes, they’re still out there playing their music. Unfortunately, they seem to be on let’s play & go home. They played for 1 hour and 13 minutes. They played slightly longer than Cheap Trick who played for 1hour 10 minutes, who played music like I they wanted to be in West Palm Beach. To me in this day and age where concert ticket prices continue to rise. Thats way too short of a show for a band that’s been around for so long, I would’ve been upset had I bought tickets for a set that short.

    peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,790
    Well, it looks like our inept power company is going to sut us down for a few day again thus I probably won't be here for a few days.  SO PG&E, this notes for YOU!


    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong... wrong,
    Wrong wrong wrong."
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 1,512
    brianlux said:
    Well, it looks like our inept power company is going to sut us down for a few day again thus I probably won't be here for a few days.  SO PG&E, this notes for YOU!



    Hey man sorry to hear that, stay safe. Hope it's over fast.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 1,512
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:
    I got lawn seats from a friend to go see guys tonight, it's been since '89 the last time I saw them. I think they're on their 40th or 50th anniversary tour. They're a fun band to see live.



    Peace
    Nice to see they're still out there doing it!
    Yes, they’re still out there playing their music. Unfortunately, they seem to be on let’s play & go home. They played for 1 hour and 13 minutes. They played slightly longer than Cheap Trick who played for 1hour 10 minutes, who played music like I they wanted to be in West Palm Beach. To me in this day and age where concert ticket prices continue to rise. Thats way too short of a show for a band that’s been around for so long, I would’ve been upset had I bought tickets for a set that short.

    peace

    Short shows can be frustrating. To me bands should find a way to play for as close to 2 hours as physically possible. If they need to take an intermission or a couple of encore breaks, so be it.

    Older bands like ZZ or cheap trick I understand that it's due to the aging process, so its it's either that 1 hour 13 minutes or what Rush did, retire at 62 years old.

    How about when young bands only play 90 minutes? Great bands like SSPU or Chevelle play very short shows. I dont know if there is an issue with voice but c'mon they should figure out a way to play longer. Mix in some solos and instrumentals and perhaps an intermission to give the singer a break.
Sign In or Register to comment.