The Train's Lounge Car

1199200201203205

Comments

  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,141
    I had a magnificent day today.  Just outstanding good times all around
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,141


  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,527
    edited July 9
    I declare it time to add to my beer belly with more beer.  Have I ever mentioned that I love beer?
    Seriously people you should get this guy's album or albums.  They are all really good.  Lukas will lighten your mood and you'll feel much better about life.
    He is just going to keep me happy & content until PJ desides to get back in the saddle.
    PJ aside this is my favorite current band.
    Mystery. 

    I can almost here a little bit of Tom Petty in this one.  Where does the love go Brianlux?

    Post edited by RYME on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,141
    your moment of zen ...


  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,527
    edited July 10
    All right time for a cold one.  Who wants to join me out on the back porch at Gumbo John's for a few?
    Gumbo John's

  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,527
    edited July 12
    Son of a b**** get me a drink
    Because I'm Going to Farm Aid.
    Oh hell yeah




    Post edited by RYME on
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,515
    hedonist said:
    George's words ring true even today, no?

    Yes.  Yes, they do.

    Isn't it a pity
    Now, isn't it a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    How we take each other's love
    Without thinking anymore
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

    Some things take so long
    But how do I explain
    When not too many people
    Can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity

    Isn't it a pity
    Isn't is a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    How we take each other's love
    Without thinking anymore
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity
    Forgetting to give back
    Now, isn't it a pity

    What a pity
    What a pity, pity, pity
    What a pity
    What a pity, pity, pity



    Do you know that Eddie played this song in Berlin later that same evening, when you made this comment here? 
    In is own special way, of course… ;) 

    How awesome is that? 

    I really hope you are well Hedo!!!  Many hugs for you!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,515
    Jason P said:



    That was just fun, because I just read again in the forum (after some time), too much negative stuff...

    So what happened that you are having such a great time Jason?
    I would love to hear some good stories! 
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,515
    Happy Sunday!!! :smile:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,986
    kce8 said:
    hedonist said:
    George's words ring true even today, no?

    Yes.  Yes, they do.

    Isn't it a pity
    Now, isn't it a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    How we take each other's love
    Without thinking anymore
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

    Some things take so long
    But how do I explain
    When not too many people
    Can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity

    Isn't it a pity
    Isn't is a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    How we take each other's love
    Without thinking anymore
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity
    Forgetting to give back
    Now, isn't it a pity

    What a pity
    What a pity, pity, pity
    What a pity
    What a pity, pity, pity



    Do you know that Eddie played this song in Berlin later that same evening, when you made this comment here? 
    In is own special way, of course… ;) 

    How awesome is that? 

    I really hope you are well Hedo!!!  Many hugs for you!
    I didn't know this, kce.  An underrated piece (and possibly the original musician/songwriter as well).  Hope you're well, too - you seem happy, and that is a good thing.

    Old-schooling it at the moment.  Stevie in her heyday was the shit.

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,552
    hedonist said:
    kce8 said:
    hedonist said:
    George's words ring true even today, no?

    Yes.  Yes, they do.

    Isn't it a pity
    Now, isn't it a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    How we take each other's love
    Without thinking anymore
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

    Some things take so long
    But how do I explain
    When not too many people
    Can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity

    Isn't it a pity
    Isn't is a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    How we take each other's love
    Without thinking anymore
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity
    Forgetting to give back
    Now, isn't it a pity

    What a pity
    What a pity, pity, pity
    What a pity
    What a pity, pity, pity



    Do you know that Eddie played this song in Berlin later that same evening, when you made this comment here? 
    In is own special way, of course… ;) 

    How awesome is that? 

    I really hope you are well Hedo!!!  Many hugs for you!
    I didn't know this, kce.  An underrated piece (and possibly the original musician/songwriter as well).  Hope you're well, too - you seem happy, and that is a good thing.

    Old-schooling it at the moment.  Stevie in her heyday was the shit.

    I love that song!  And this one.  I remember tuning into Letterman that night in time to catch this:


    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,527
    edited July 15
    All right my farmaid tickets just showed up in the mail. 2 Day expedited... the only way I do it now shows UPS in an unmistakable giant envelope I love it it's worth the extra $11 to me.
    Let's have a drink shall we?
    Because we are free

    And then we can dip our toes in the water, ass in the sand with a cold PBR on the way life is good today, it really doesn't take much to be happy you know.

    And one more for good luck since nobody's in the lounge car this evening I'll play another song.  Because you know I love my chicken fried and  cold beer on any given night ;)

    Post edited by RYME on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,986
    Well now...that gave me a hankering for this.  I know some have a negative impression of Kid Rock (and frankly, I don't give a shit =) ), but the guy is pretty intelligent and well-spoken.  Plus this song just kicks ass.


  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,141
    I'm thinking of getting some blue tinted prescription glasses.  Bono, Depp, T. Stark ... there needs to be a forth rider ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,141
    Seems appropriate for the weather today ...



  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,986
    You can't not be happy listening to this.  I just adore Ringo - ever the puppy, he is.


  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,552
    Something cold, please!

    BAD TIMING can really grind my gears. This morning, Saturday morning, the A/C went out at home, just as the hottest heat wave of the summer is hitting our area (not related to the A/C going out, just BAD TIMING!) Our HVAC guy turns all his phones off Friday night for the weekend. He works his butt of in the summer and wants his weekends OFF (can't blame him). BAD TIMING to have this happen Saturday morning. I don't like using A/C any more than necessary- it's bad for the planet, bad for the electricity bill. But we have a shallow roof-line and a lot of sun exposure, so when the heat is on and it gets into the 100's Fahrenheit, we melt without some A/C. The last few weeks having been grueling and we planned tomorrow and Monday to just be off, at home and relaxing. BAD TIMING! I'm beyond bummed. I'm exhausted from the last few weeks work, the long drive to SF and back yesterday, a tough day at the store today and, its after 11 PM and I'm roasting.

    Sorry for the rant- just had to get that off my chest.  :smile:

    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 459
    edited July 28
    brianlux said:
    Something cold, please!

    BAD TIMING can really grind my gears. This morning, Saturday morning, the A/C went out at home, just as the hottest heat wave of the summer is hitting our area (not related to the A/C going out, just BAD TIMING!) Our HVAC guy turns all his phones off Friday night for the weekend. He works his butt of in the summer and wants his weekends OFF (can't blame him). BAD TIMING to have this happen Saturday morning. I don't like using A/C any more than necessary- it's bad for the planet, bad for the electricity bill. But we have a shallow roof-line and a lot of sun exposure, so when the heat is on and it gets into the 100's Fahrenheit, we melt without some A/C. The last few weeks having been grueling and we planned tomorrow and Monday to just be off, at home and relaxing. BAD TIMING! I'm beyond bummed. I'm exhausted from the last few weeks work, the long drive to SF and back yesterday, a tough day at the store today and, its after 11 PM and I'm roasting.

    Sorry for the rant- just had to get that off my chest.  :smile:





    Post edited by Renfield on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,552
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    Something cold, please!

    BAD TIMING can really grind my gears. This morning, Saturday morning, the A/C went out at home, just as the hottest heat wave of the summer is hitting our area (not related to the A/C going out, just BAD TIMING!) Our HVAC guy turns all his phones off Friday night for the weekend. He works his butt of in the summer and wants his weekends OFF (can't blame him). BAD TIMING to have this happen Saturday morning. I don't like using A/C any more than necessary- it's bad for the planet, bad for the electricity bill. But we have a shallow roof-line and a lot of sun exposure, so when the heat is on and it gets into the 100's Fahrenheit, we melt without some A/C. The last few weeks having been grueling and we planned tomorrow and Monday to just be off, at home and relaxing. BAD TIMING! I'm beyond bummed. I'm exhausted from the last few weeks work, the long drive to SF and back yesterday, a tough day at the store today and, its after 11 PM and I'm roasting.

    Sorry for the rant- just had to get that off my chest.  :smile:





    Nice!  That second one is particularly co-o-o-o-l!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,590
    Friday we went on a trek to St Augustine FL to see my friend Micheal Franti & Spearhead. We traveled from West Palm Beach through an epic rainstorm and flat on 95 to arrive just as they hit the stage. We had West Indian food for Michael and the band as they opened for Sublime. The band put on a solid set in the heat and were famished after their show. We hung with them till 1am then I had to make that 4 hr trip back home. Here's one of my favorite songs off the new album Stay Human II..... FLOWER IN THE GUN



    PEACE
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,590

    Seems like these days there's so much division in this country. What will it take to break down our many walls. Love this bass driven rock out by LIVING COLOUR called WALL....





    "Wall"

    We hate each other 'cause of race and religion
    We hate each other 'cause of class and position
    We want to know why is love so hard to come by
    Give me a reason why you love so hard to try

    The walls between us all must fall
    The walls between us all must fall

    We hate each other 'cause we dance to different music
    We hate each other 'cause we think we know it all
    We hate each other 'cause that's what our parents taught us
    We hate each other for no reason at all

    The wall between us all must fall
    The wall between us all must fall

    We teach our young men how to kill and name and torture
    We teach our young men how to make their mothers cry
    We want to know why is love so hard to come by?
    Give me the answer, why is love so hard to try?

    The wall between us all must fall
    The wall between us all must fall

    This is how our world breaks down...
    The wall between us all must fall
    This is how our world breaks down...
    The wall between us all must fall


    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

    *MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

    *The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)


  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,141


  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,986
    :rofl:

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,552
    hedonist said:
    :rofl:

    LOL! 

    Who knew that BCR and the birth of Plaid Rock would lead to this...

    or even this...



    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 12,239
    Vibes of love and peace to all you good folks out there on this Sunday morning. 

    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 831
    I don’t drink so where can I spark one up on this groovy train. 

    Happy Sunday Funday too all here. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 12,763
    I don’t drink so where can I spark one up on this groovy train. 

    Happy Sunday Funday too all here. 
    In the Colorado car and a few others. Looking to expand to all cars.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 21,720
    To early to drink do wish everyone here a safe rest of this weekend! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,552
    I don’t drink so where can I spark one up on this groovy train. 

    Happy Sunday Funday too all here. 
    Right here!  Just remember, lol...



    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







Sign In or Register to comment.