The Train's Lounge Car

1196197198199201

Comments

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,924
    RYME said:
    I've always liked to Roy Orbison but never got into it.
    So I've been digging into all of his material lately.  And its just so good.  I'm 42 so he passed on in 88 before I was old enough to know anything about music.
    But what a treat that would have been to see this in pearson.

    That's a great show- I've watched it a couple times. You might enjoy the Tom Petty Documentary "Runnin' Down a Dream."  There's a very cool segment on the Traveling Wilburys in it with some great stuff about Mr. Orbison.
    “Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find.”
    -Terry Tempest Williams
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.






  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    edited May 12
    I just hope that PJ is not done for good and just dragging this out..  I think a yearly update from them as to what's going on would be nice since we're all sitting here waiting patiently and paying $20 to $40 a year to Stay Tuned!!
    The silver lining is that it has encouraged me to explore a lot of music that I wouldn't have otherwise, had PJ just kept Kicking Out The Jams.  I get it maybe they're waiting for the're kids to grow up a little bit and that's cool if that's all it is.
    So after mulling it over for a few months, I decided to splurge on The Who!!  'Moving On'
    Alpine Valley!! Sept 8th.
    And I just found out fermaid is 2 weeks later same location!!! Must Do if Willie Nelson Neil Young Lukas Nelson John Mellencamp Dave Matthews and more are in my backyard..!!!
    Alpine Valley is 30 minutes from my house so if this is in my backyard I have to go.

    Neil Young with Promise Of The Real!#


    Post edited by RYME on
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    So it's too bad that PJ are

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,924
    RYME said:
    I just hope that PJ is not done for good and just dragging this out..  I think a yearly update from them as to what's going on would be nice since we're all sitting here waiting patiently and paying $20 to $40 a year to Stay Tuned!!
    The silver lining is that it has encouraged me to explore a lot of music that I wouldn't have otherwise, had PJ just kept Kicking Out The Jams.  I get it maybe they're waiting for the're kids to grow up a little bit and that's cool if that's all it is.
    So after mulling it over for a few months, I decided to splurge on The Who!!  'Moving On'
    Alpine Valley!! Sept 8th.
    And I just found out fermaid is 2 weeks later same location!!! Must Do if Willie Nelson Neil Young Lukas Nelson John Mellencamp Dave Matthews and more are in my backyard..!!!
    Alpine Valley is 30 minutes from my house so if this is in my backyard I have to go.

    Neil Young with Promise Of The Real!#


    I hope you get to go!
    RYME said:
    So it's too bad that PJ are

    LOL, without clicking on the play tab I had a feeling I knew which song this was.  Yes, rather sad indeed!
    “Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find.”
    -Terry Tempest Williams
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.






  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,551
    I have to ask - I have been here going on 6 years and I have no idea what the lounge car thread is about. Any chance I can get a clue??


  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    edited May 13
    It's like when you've had enough of talking about the bulshit politics and or news of the day, it's like time to relax, happy hour, play the Jukebox, & toss a few back. Correct me if I'm wrong Brian this is your thread B)
    Post edited by RYME on
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,551
    RYME said:
    It's like when you've had enough of talking about the bulshit politics and or news of the day, it's like time to relax, happy hour, play the Jukebox, & toss a few back. Correct me if I'm wrong Brian this is your thread B)
    That's what I thought. Sounds good. My brain just wants to not think of anything. I'll have some non-alcoholic wine. I'm a wild one. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,924
    RYME said:
    It's like when you've had enough of talking about the bulshit politics and or news of the day, it's like time to relax, happy hour, play the Jukebox, & toss a few back. Correct me if I'm wrong Brian this is your thread B)
    That's pretty much it, RYME.  Things get really heated up around here at times and my thought way back when (my, how time flies!) was that what this train needed was a place to just come and chill, have a drink (non-alcoholic always welcome), some coffee, a little smoke (this lounge car is specially built to have a well ventilated section for those who indulge in smokables :smiley: ) , what ever one finds relaxing.  Music is always great but not a must.  Maybe someone just needs a friend or a safe place to share something that's on their mind.  It's always safe, relaxing and mellow in the lounge. 

    njnancy said:
    RYME said:
    It's like when you've had enough of talking about the bulshit politics and or news of the day, it's like time to relax, happy hour, play the Jukebox, & toss a few back. Correct me if I'm wrong Brian this is your thread B)
    That's what I thought. Sounds good. My brain just wants to not think of anything. I'll have some non-alcoholic wine. I'm a wild one. 
    Glad you found the lounge car, Nancy.  The bar is always stocked with some nice mellow alcohol-free vino. Sit back and relax, let your problems melt away here in the comfort zone!   

    Cheers!

    “Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find.”
    -Terry Tempest Williams
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.






  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    Being a conservative/independent myself, I am actually liberal on many issues too, but I tried to engaged in some of the heated debates on (moving train) and I just found it to be much too hard to have a conversation. If you say something that people disagree with you stand a good chance of being bashed around personally.
    So the lounge car is the only place I talk around here pretty much because it is relaxed.  But I've thought about it on and off.
    I have rethought this.  I think it would be better to try to seek clarification on where we agree & disagree rather than try to win the argument.  I think the conversations would be much healthier that away.
    Because we probably agree on a lot more things than we think.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 5,846
    RYME said:
    Being a conservative/independent myself, I am actually liberal on many issues too, but I tried to engaged in some of the heated debates on (moving train) and I just found it to be much too hard to have a conversation. If you say something that people disagree with you stand a good chance of being bashed around personally.
    So the lounge car is the only place I talk around here pretty much because it is relaxed.  But I've thought about it on and off.
    I have rethought this.  I think it would be better to try to seek clarification on where we agree & disagree rather than try to win the argument.  I think the conversations would be much healthier that away.
    Because we probably agree on a lot more things than we think.
    Do you belong to a forum that bans political discussion?  I do, it is a far better forum than here...and the reason they ban political discussion is for the reason you mention...when I need a good break, I go there...and in all honesty part of the problem is that there are so few people that post in the AMT anymore it's easy to see why things sometimes breakdown...
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    I enjoy discussing the issues. But I don't possess any of the labels that are slapped on by the left.  Mockery usually follows.
    They're actually is a difference between liberalism and leftism.  We can put that discussion on the shelf for now.
    I am not racist at all. I have black friends that know darn well who I am. Hispanic friends and the list goes on.
    If I'm at a gas station and there's a white person coming behind me, I may or may not hold the door up open depending on how much of a hurry I'm in or how far back the person is from the door. But if a black person, or Mexican is comming behind me, I'll wait extra time l make sure to hold the door open for that person or persons and have them go in first ahead of me, and say good morning or whatever. The response I get every time is big smile and thanks have a great day!!  It's very important to me to show every chance I get that I am not racist by any strech.
    I'm not a xenophobe
    I have Hispanic friends, my wife is from Lithuania. So I have Lithuanian friends and family , my wife had a few Russian friends before I knew her, and now they are my friends as well. We have Ukrainian friends, Latvian friends, Estonian friends, a Dutch friend.
    Kce 8  who often posts here I think is from Germany, I'd love to meet her and have a drink before a concert or something.
    I'm not a homophobe
    We have lesbian friends and gay friends.  No problem there.
    When labels are slapped on as they often are, the discussion, or any hope of finding some common ground on any issue is shattered and there's no place to go with it.
    That's the most frustrating aspect to me.
    Back to the music and a cup of joe B)
    You just gotta poke around
    This was just an outstanding so my buddy and I were at last year.



  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,924
    RYME said:
    I enjoy discussing the issues. But I don't possess any of the labels that are slapped on by the left.  Mockery usually follows.
    They're actually is a difference between liberalism and leftism.  We can put that discussion on the shelf for now.
    I am not racist at all. I have black friends that know darn well who I am. Hispanic friends and the list goes on.
    If I'm at a gas station and there's a white person coming behind me, I may or may not hold the door up open depending on how much of a hurry I'm in or how far back the person is from the door. But if a black person, or Mexican is comming behind me, I'll wait extra time l make sure to hold the door open for that person or persons and have them go in first ahead of me, and say good morning or whatever. The response I get every time is big smile and thanks have a great day!!  It's very important to me to show every chance I get that I am not racist by any strech.
    I'm not a xenophobe
    I have Hispanic friends, my wife is from Lithuania. So I have Lithuanian friends and family , my wife had a few Russian friends before I knew her, and now they are my friends as well. We have Ukrainian friends, Latvian friends, Estonian friends, a Dutch friend.
    Kce 8  who often posts here I think is from Germany, I'd love to meet her and have a drink before a concert or something.
    I'm not a homophobe
    We have lesbian friends and gay friends.  No problem there.
    When labels are slapped on as they often are, the discussion, or any hope of finding some common ground on any issue is shattered and there's no place to go with it.
    That's the most frustrating aspect to me.
    Back to the music and a cup of joe B)
    You just gotta poke around
    This was just an outstanding so my buddy and I were at last year.



    Coffee sounds greats this morning!

    French Roast, black please.  :smile:
    “Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find.”
    -Terry Tempest Williams
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.






  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,551
    Happy Rainy Monday!

    I'm still rocking 'Pleasant Morning Buzz' - the most delicious coffee, besides real Kona, that I've ever had. They sell it at Whole Foods and I found it over a decade ago when WF was the only place I could get gluten free food for my son who has celiac disease (diagnosed at 3 1/2). GF food was even more expensive then, as fewer places sold it, so I would wonder around the tea and coffee aisle to find a goodie for myself. Gonna go broke, might as well have some good coffee to tide ya over. 

    Got it yesterday - a pound, whole bean and it is heavenly. Mom's coffee matters!! :smile:
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 5,846


    RIP...a life well lived...97.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    edited May 13
    Several years ago I was sitting at a bar my favorite local Oasis, has a diverse crowd usually, so I'm having a cold one after work.  It was a really hot day in the middle of the summer. And in walked a black couple and sat down on the stools beside me.  I did not know this couple prior to this, so we chatted a little bit, small talk, after a half hour I bought them a round.
    There were bowls of mixed nuts on the bar (happy hour) every few feet around in the whole bar.  People munching on nuts and drinking beer.
    So I picked up a macadamia nut and asked the couple next to me what they call it?
    They both looked at each other chuckled both looked back at me and said at the same time,,, n***** toes!!  and giggled ha ha ha ha.!!  I said ha, that's funny, so I asked them so if I were to say that would you be offended? They both laughed and said hell no!! that's what they are!! ha ha ha.
    So we had a good chuckle about that, and continued on...


    Post edited by RYME on
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,551


    RIP...a life well lived...97.
    Indeed! She was a large popular culture icon. Peggy Lipton from the Mod Squad passed away yesterday, she was 72. 

    May they rest in peace. 

    Now I wait for the third shoe to drop. 

    it's part of getting older, but I remember not knowing these 'old' stars that had passed when my parents would mention it. But as we age so do our icons. Two talented women. 

    More coffee, I'm taking a break in that seat over there. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,530
    njnancy said:


    RIP...a life well lived...97.
    Indeed! She was a large popular culture icon. Peggy Lipton from the Mod Squad passed away yesterday, she was 72. 

    May they rest in peace. 

    Now I wait for the third shoe to drop. 

    it's part of getting older, but I remember not knowing these 'old' stars that had passed when my parents would mention it. But as we age so do our icons. Two talented women. 

    More coffee, I'm taking a break in that seat over there. 
    My mom used to sing Que Sera, Sera to me...when I was just a little girl ;)

    Pillow Talk and The Thrill of It All are two of my Doris favorites.

    (I used to watch the Mod Squad too...had a crush on Peggy and Michael.)
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,461
    Nice to see a few more guests in the lounge lately! B) 

    What I really like here is that people just join and share some music. Especially different music. Doesn't matter if it's my kind of music or not, I sometimes just like to see something new (or old ;) lol). 

    I think it's good to have the political discussions at this forum. No need to join it but as a non-american I like to read the opinions here first hand. Especially when it comes to the president it's good to see that people here share my opinions. And I can get information for what I would need much more time to search for elsewhere. You also get opinions of Canadians etc. too.
    I would like to discuss some political stuff at the Moving Train. But then I come back and have missed 20 to 50 sometimes more than 100 comments in the meantime. Ugh… So I just spontaneously comment on feeling. Completely out of place in the MT I know, but I do not care then... haha.
    It also just takes too long to find articles about what I want to say. Time difference is another aspect too. I just can't follow up. You Americans are just too fast for my poor English language skills. lol  

    Seriously, I'm constantly failing in any expressions or terms that I'm not familiar with.
    Furthermore, looks like I often express myself wrong. Then I suddenly realize after a few posts that people have completely misunderstood me in some parts. And that is then difficult and annoying to enlighten. 
    Like Rhymes story about the black couple... I have no clue what you call these nuts.. :lol: 
    I have a guess but that could be completely wrong. :smirk: 

    Anyway… I like it here in the Lounge! :smile: And I have to stay home tomorrow because I'm sick, so I guess I have time to come back tomorrow… ;) 
    Hot peppermint tea for me tonight... Cheers! :peace:
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,461
    Ah Hedo - nice to see you here too! :smile:
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 5,846
    njnancy said:


    RIP...a life well lived...97.
    Indeed! She was a large popular culture icon. Peggy Lipton from the Mod Squad passed away yesterday, she was 72. 

    May they rest in peace. 

    Now I wait for the third shoe to drop. 

    it's part of getting older, but I remember not knowing these 'old' stars that had passed when my parents would mention it. But as we age so do our icons. Two talented women. 

    More coffee, I'm taking a break in that seat over there. 
    I hope the third shoe don't drop...but these things seem to happen in three's...what you wrote was well said.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,530
    edited May 13
    Jim Fowler could be the first shoe.  Or maybe there are no shoes (and a cigar is just a cigar, yada yada).

    *edit - kce, thank you!  My dips into the AMT (cess?)pool aren't too frequent lately.  I mostly read and then point and laugh at some of the commentary ;)

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Post edited by hedonist on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,924
    edited May 13
    Speaking of shoes- I wore my new walking shoes today for an hour and after awhile the bottom of my feet were tingly- kind of like when you lie on your arm and it "goes to sleep" (only not quite that tingly).  Anyone ever had that happen?  I hope it's just cause they need breaking it.  They were (for me anyway) pretty expensive.
    “Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find.”
    -Terry Tempest Williams
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.






  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    Good morning y'all
    Listen to this song with your cup of coffee today.
    Waylon Jennings Old-Timer
    Waymore's Blues Part 2 album was definitely one of his all-time best but very obscure most people haven't heard this album at all unless you're a die-hard Waylon fan.


  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,461
    Thank you @ Hedo  :) I felt horrible yesterday again but it's way better today. 
    ...I sometimes laugh at reading my Genglish stuff again ;)

    RYME, I think I've heard more Waylon Jennings songs here in the lounge than in my whole life together. Haha.
    Very relaxing songs. I like your passion about it.

    I brought some weird sounds here ...;) from a gig where I was in 2001.
    Back then we just were a bit late for a free concert on the cathedral square in Cologne. That's why we did not get into the closed area and landed back behind the first houses...what a shame! lol  ... Still, it was absolutely wonderful!
    This is one of my favourite REM songs:


  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 5,846



  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    edited May 15
    kce8 said:
    Thank you @ Hedo  :) I felt horrible yesterday again but it's way better today. 
    ...I sometimes laugh at reading my Genglish stuff again ;)

    RYME, I think I've heard more Waylon Jennings songs here in the lounge than in my whole life together. Haha.
    Very relaxing songs. I like your passion about it.

    I brought some weird sounds here ...;) from a gig where I was in 2001.
    Back then we just were a bit late for a free concert on the cathedral square in Cologne. That's why we did not get into the closed area and landed back behind the first houses...what a shame! lol  ... Still, it was absolutely wonderful!
    This is one of my favourite REM songs:


    Thanks for putting me in an REM mood today. Listen to them for a few hours today while I was driving my semi truck at work.
    Just put me in a good mood and it's good driving music really.
    So right Back at Ya KCE 8

    This is one of my favorite favorite tunes of there's!!
    The way Michael Stipe uses his voice is super hard to describe and it's unlike anyone else.
    After a few beers now & listening to rem some more, I think I've got it!
    Stipe is a fine tuned instrument. 
    He is never ever Out Of Tune!!! Every word every line is spot-on.  &
    His voice never cracks or shrieks.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,359
    Lets include our old buddy Eddie shall we...
     best version ever of man on the moon

  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,862
    edited May 17
    I was in a blues mood until I saw these REM videos and thought... HELL YES!

    Edit:Should've just went the blues.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,862
    edited May 17
    ....
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,862
    edited May 17
    ....
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
Sign In or Register to comment.